It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papa John's/Dominos/Pizza Hut aint got nothing on this homemade ... from scratch.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons sugar
1 (3/8 ounce) package quick-rising yeast
1 1/2 cups warm water

mix sugar, water and yeast in a small bowl.

mix flour and salt in a larger mixing bowl, make a 'well' in the center.

add yeast mixture + oil and stir into dry ingredients until you have a soft dough.

*if dough is too sticky, add a bit more flour*

knead until smooth on a floured surface.

place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and leave it to rise/double

punch it down, let rest for a few minutes.(10 or so)

divide into thirds.

roll out, spread and/or toss. (to 12")

top with sauce, cheese, your fave ingredients, etc.

bake @ 450 for 12-15 minutes.

Homemade Pizzeria Pizza the likes of which you'd pay double for elsewhere.

extra cheese, pepperoni, sausage....

The boi ate all he could and still has leftovers for tomorrow.

*good stuff*

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
My oh my that is one good looking pizza you have there man.
You just can't beat homemade pizza, no matter what.

Can you Fed-Ex me some of that pizza please??!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Goodbye Diet, Hello Awesome Pizza!

=)

Thanks a TON, I have previously used the Pillsbury Pizza Dough in a can....but in my country, they do not sell this product, so I have been screwed out of pizza dough - thankfully now with your scratch recipe I can change this forever.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Nick_X

Nick.

That Pillsbury stuff is crap anyway. Comes outta the tube in pieces or part thereof ... in no way a Good 'pizza dough'.

*the other 2/3s of this batch were used for Strombolis.

... thread, imminent ...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
That looks great. It sounds really easy to make, too. Thanks for posting this. I really have to try this out.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

In Australia, I actually worked at Dominoes for about a year, even earned my Wings (make 2x Supremes, 1x Hawaiian, 1x Pepperoni in 2mins 30seconds).

Some of the trade secrets:

1. The thin crust pizzas are actually factory made shipped frozen
2. There is only a difference of weight and dough rising time in the Classic Crust vs the Deep Pan
a. Deep Pan is about 400g of dough, and sits for 3 whole days in a 4 degree cool room to let the yeast mature, this is how it becomes thick when baked, the more mature yeast makes bigger air pockets in the bread
b. Classic Crust is about 300g of dough, and has to be baked the same day it is made, little time for the yeast to mature takes away that spongy bread, and you are left with the more traditional taste.
3. Pepperoni is the only topping added after cheese, all other toppings go under the cheese, mostly due to the oil pooling effect from pepperoni.
4. Dominoes are incredibly serious about their 100% 24 hour replacement guarantee. My house-mate would call up about 20 hours later the next day, complain about his pizza from the night before, and have a new one sent to him. He would successfully pull this off every single time, it was truly ridiculous, but Dominoes are strictly bound by their corporate policy.

And an awesome ingredient that definitely needs mention:

Buffalo Mozzarella
(mozzarella di bufala)
- Lucky if you can source the Italian stuff....but OH MY it changes the world of Pizza forever, you will definitely find it hard to go back to Cow Mozzarella.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First, I love pizza, and that looks yummy!!
Second I did not know there was a Food & Kooking section yo! All this time I kould've been reading about aliens AND food!!!
Great job u brought me to the light! And I know how to make homemade pizza now... from scratch, not just DiGiorno.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
My daughter has been griping at me forever to find a pizza recipe. I have been afraid of them cause if I fail, she will destroy me

I think I can do this, and make her a pizza and myself and my old man a stromboli and we are fat happy campers!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
That Pizza looks really good.

I have to say though that one of the best bits of eating Pizza is that some guy brings it to your door and you don't have to worry about cooking it

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I have to say though that one of the best bits of eating Pizza is that some guy brings it to your door and you don't have to worry about cooking it

True.

but what's in it?
?
?

? piping hot .... OR .... yeah, it's okay?

Home by 5:
Pizza by 6:
Plenty of time to catch up with 'the kids' goings ons and 'how was your day'... stuff. (?)

Me?l
the 'missing link' in today's day and age, .... if you will. (?)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I only eat delivered pizza once a month with my girlfriend (we both have a day when we work late and we can't be bothered to cook) so it's a real pleasure to have someone else cook.

I usually cook most of the time.

Edit to add
I've never tried cooking Pizza from scratch, maybe I will give it a go, thanks for the recipe

edit on 13-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

no doubt. been there. do the same ... or similar.

still ... though ... just yet to have found a 'pizza joint' i'm Completely happy with, and the kid's involvement just seems a sort of icing on the 'cake' ... if you will.

[ETA]
you knead what?

? a new notebook ?

'mere ... got a job for ya ta do .. we're having pizza for dinner.

*funny, how it seems to work that way at times*

edit on 12/13/2010 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
*Homer Simpson drooling noise*

WANT.
edit on 13-12-2010 by KatieVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Have any of you ever tried Pizza topped with Goats Cheese and Walnuts?
A bar down the road from me used to sell them and I loved them, but then they got bought out and I can't get them any more.

Inspired by this thread I'm going to try and make one

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Here ya go dave...
Caramelized Onion, Walnut, and Goat Cheese Pizza with a Beer Crust

Actually, that sounds pretty darn good.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You were reading my thoughts last night lol I was just saying to my roommate how we needed to make pizza. I use my french bread recipe for the crust. It's so good!

This looks so yummy!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
that looks nasty, i would rather have dominos or pizza hut or papa johns any day
yuck!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

no worries. go on enjoying that silicon-based 'cheese' and all the other additives, preservatives and 'flavor enhancers' they use.

plastic pizza's good stuff.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I tried my hand at making homemade bread last year, and I haven't stopped there! We don't buy bread at the store at all anymore, and once I found out how easy it really was, I had to try making my own pizza. This is a picture of some pizza we made the weekend before Thanksgiving this year. We made a wheat pizza crust w/ mozzarella, peppers, mushrooms, pepporoni, and our own homemade sauce. We enjoy making it almost as much as we enjoy eating it!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mR. briZzay
First, I love pizza, and that looks yummy!!
Second I did not know there was a Food & Kooking section yo! All this time I kould've been reading about aliens AND food!!!
Great job u brought me to the light! And I know how to make homemade pizza now... from scratch, not just DiGiorno.

I lurk here occasionally from time to time and yes I also did not know there was Food & Cooking section!!!!!!!!
That pizza looks outta shape but who cares? as long as its goooood and easy to make! I'm definitely going to give it a try!
Thanks op for sharing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join