It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran not a rogue state: Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you Misoir!

And thank you Wikileaks.

Sounds like the Aussie's are trying to be sensible - and exercise real diplomacy.

The cables said the ONA sought a balanced view of Tehran as a sophisticated diplomatic player rather than one liable to behave impulsively or irrationally.

WikiLeaks has provoked fury in Washington with its publications of secret U.S. cables and has vowed to make public details of the 250,000 secret U.S. documents it had obtained.

PS. S&F
edit on 13/12/10 by soficrow because: add ps

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

But then it turns into the same old story of propaganda- People just don't have the time or the patience to go through all of the leaks, so they'd just accept whatever it is that the media, or any other source for that matter, paddles them..

Think of blogs tearing apart and stitching together leaks to show something that they believe in.. Could turn out into a very dangerous tool for propaganda on all sides because these leaks are perceived as completely true, but the information in them could easily be taken out of context.

It's just annoying that a new source like roiters would do something like that..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
most americans can't find Iran on a map. Anyone who thinks Iran is a threat watches too much Zionist media.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
www.reuters.com...

Australia is at odds with its major security ally the United States over Iran, saying it is not a "rogue state" and its nuclear weapons program is for deterrence, not attack, according to U.S. cables released by WikiLeaks.

The documents, published in the Sydney Morning Herald on Monday, also reveal that Australia's top security organization believes Tehran sees a "grand bargain" with the United States as its best way to ensure national security.

I found this quite interesting:

The ONA was also concerned that nuclear proliferation in the Middle East may drive Southeast Asian nations to pursue their own nuclear capabilities.

WikiLeaks: Burma 'building nuclear site with North Korea's help'

This is interesting to know that Australia is willing to defend Iran and be at odds with the United States on the entire issue. Saying Iran is in fact not a ‘rogue state’ Australia basically saying that Iran and their nuclear development is not a threat or provocation to the West. So who then do they believe is causing the tensions in the ME? Could Australia be suggesting that the tensions there could be caused by Israel and in fact not Iran?

Either way Australia has courage to stand up against the US on such a heated international issue.

The moment that tool stops talking about wiping Israel off the face of the earth, and how the holocaust never happened, maybe just MAYBE, I'll bite.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

When did he say he was gonna wipe israel off the face of the earth?

You know that was a misquote right?

why keep spreading lies that have been debunked years ago?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
i guess it is a good thing that no one cares what Australia thinks. otherwise this could turn into something. just kidding, mostly.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

that is kind of ironic, using a completely ignorant statement to call another group of people ignorant. way to go!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

"i guess it is a good thing that no one cares what Australia thinks. otherwise this could turn into something. just kidding, mostly. "

As an Aussie, I would have to agree, we aren't aggressive enough to be taken much notice of. But we are a good country to have on your side, kind of like a sidekick. As for Iran, well, we have all seen the spin and rhetoric the US has thrown at Iran, digusting really, we would rather deal with the truth (pitty our governments dont). The Australian people at least still believe in a "fair go" but the gulf between the people and the government grows larger every day, as it is in many countries.

Bottom line is that we will follow America's lead - look at Gillard's view on Wikileaks, totally pro US - as we always have.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

lol so any country Americans can't place on the map immediately ceases to be a threat?

Iran isn't a threat. Iran's never going to launch a nuclear missile anywhere, even if it gets into a war with the states. Even the most extreme haters of the west don't want to see the world go on fire.

What it might do is release some kind of nuclear device to one of the terrorist organizations it supports. This doesn't have to happen with the authorization and knowledge of the government, or even Iran's leaders.. All that's needed is someone in the system that's willing wreak havoc.

And if you believe this isn't a threat then you watch too much anti Zionist media.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
most americans can't find Iran on a map. Anyone who thinks Iran is a threat watches too much Zionist media.

Damn it....

You're right about me on both counts.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

What it might do is release some kind of nuclear device to one of the terrorist organizations it supports. This doesn't have to happen with the authorization and knowledge of the government, or even Iran's leaders.. All that's needed is someone in the system that's willing wreak havoc.

So you think they should be bombed into the stoneage because a rogue element in the Government or maybe someone working at the plant, may or may not sneak out some material.??

It's not that hard to buy whatever you need on the black market..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

First of all apparently it is you that wants to bomb them to the stone age, because I've never said anything like that, nor does any plan to stop Iran's nuclear plan include a "bombing to the stone age", so you're either making it up to make me sound all 'crazy militant', or you're just looking for supporters to bomb Iran.

Second of all are you some kind of expert on nuclear bombs that you know where how and what can be bought on the black market?

Are you an arms dealer?

No?

Cynicism aside, my point is that you've just made two baseless speculation to "prove" a point.

Iran is already helping Hamas and Hezbollah, why risk them getting anything remotely nuclear? Do you think this affects only Israel? The whole world is in danger.. Israel just might be the least in danger due to it being surrounded by Arab nations, having an Arab population, and having heightened security measures..

All they have to do is let the U.N inspect them to make sure they're making a power plant, is all.. What's the big frickin' deal?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

All they have to do is let the U.N inspect them to make sure they're making a power plant, is all.. What's the big frickin' deal?

Iran has allowed inspection by the IAEA, unlike Israel I might add..
Iran's beef was with 2 of the inspectors and you would think Iran would have the right to complain if they feel certain inspectors are suspicious.

21, Monday. Inspectors in Iran. The IAEA confirmed that on 10 June 2010 it received a letter from Iran objecting to the designation of two IAEA safeguards inspectors. Press Statement

www.iaea.org...
As for Iran helping Hamas etc, so what?
Not everyone agrees with what Israel is doing and lets face it, the US helps Israel with weapons far more than Iran helps others..
There's two sides in every war and their actions should both be questioned in the same light..

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
This is interesting to know that Australia is willing to defend Iran and be at odds with the United States on the entire issue. Saying Iran is in fact not a ‘rogue state’ Australia basically saying that Iran and their nuclear development is not a threat or provocation to the West. So who then do they believe is causing the tensions in the ME? Could Australia be suggesting that the tensions there could be caused by Israel and in fact not Iran?

Either way Australia has courage to stand up against the US on such a heated international issue.

Where does it say that Australia is going to defend Iran? Get your facts right mate........stop misquoting and spreading lies.

Just because Australia has put forward an independant assesment of the Mid-East/Iran security issue from their point of view and not kow-towing to US propaganda, doesnt mean we are supporting the Iranians.

When are we all going to grow up and be honest about whats going on in the mid east without fear of retribution?

two major issues need to be dealt with publicly before any chance of peace can be attempted.

1) Saudi Arabia is major financier for terrorist Jihadi groups....until this can be overcome and our fear of loosing oil contracts not much will change.

2) Israels acknowledgement of nuclear weapons and the IAEA allowed to inspect their facilities. And to go back to the borders before the 1967 (I think thats the right year, correct me if wrong) war.

Can be done, but it wont be.

The US and its lap-dogs can recognize the criminal and illegal narco-state of Kosovo as its own independant country, then why cant they accept Palestine as its own country aswell? They set the tone, they set the example, yet wont allow others to follow.

I know its impossible, but really hope that Australia can one day breed a leader that can make this country strong and independant enough to stand on its own two feet internationally without relying on any other country for support/security. All we seem to breed is stupid puppets!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BipolarSpaceMonkey

haha, our sidekick. i always thought that was canada. anyway, for an island of marooned murderers and rapists you would think that you guys would be more aggressive. hey, just kidding, or as you guys might say "just pullin your tit mate" it's all good, you know americas got your back.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by freakgenius

haha, our sidekick. i always thought that was canada. anyway, for an island of marooned murderers and rapists you would think that you guys would be more aggressive. hey, just kidding,

Aussie`s as far as I know love a good humoured banter,so its all good,especially when the first criminals to be shipped out of England were sent to the USA and Canada before they started sending them here.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Didn't they have these couple of sites where they prevented the inspectors from going? They didn't let the inspectors go to the same places Israel and the U.S want to bomb..

As for Iran's assistance to Hamas and Hezbolla, let's not play coy.. If they're really interested in the safety of Lebanon they would have given money to the Lebanese army, instead they give it to the army of a political party! Tell me, in what universe does a political party has its own army?

It's not interested in the safety of Lebanon, it's interested in hurting Israel. Same with Hamas, what is it? A political party? An army? Why did it kick out the opposition, and why does it keep attacking Israel?

Let's just say this- If Israel could have used a nuclear bomb on Gaza (which it can) would it? If Hamas could have used a nuclear bomb on Tel Aviv would it?

Do you really believe that Hamas's declared intentions to destroy Israel are some kind of Zionist propaganda?
edit on 14-12-2010 by Eliad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz
Wait, so they don't even have nukes, but they think it's ok for Iran to develop them???

That seems a lil fishy

Ahhh. You've caught on!

Of course we have them. But you see, Australia is such a large place with such a little population. Just over 22 million people on an area around the size of the United States. Plenty of places to put them where they will never, ever be found.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Let's just say this- If Israel could have used a nuclear bomb on Gaza (which it can) would it? If Hamas could have used a nuclear bomb on Tel Aviv would it?

Probably yes on both questions if Israel could get away with it or if Hamas had one..

Seems we disagree on many points so lets just move on..

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That's been obvious for anyone who cared to look for some time.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not pro Iran, they're total assholes (their government), but they are a hell of a lot more together than a lot of other countries. I haven't seen one thing from them that would make me think they are a rogue nation.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join