It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'd say the movement and resolution makes an exact ID pretty difficult.

From the looks of it, I think it might be the camera that hovers above the field, it moves up and down and sideways along wires.

edit: I just watched the replay on HD here at my home and that's exactly what I think it is. The two bumps at the top of the moving object are the wheels for the pulley.

I'm pretty sure it follows the movement of the pack of players as they go downfield, above the QB.

If not...animal strays are no stranger to sports stadium.

Could well be a resident cat that the field crew 'adopted' or something to that effect.
edit on 12/12/10 by Tharsis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

From the looks of it, I think it might be the camera that hovers above the field, it moves up and down and sideways along wires.

I'm pretty sure it follows the movement of the pack of players as they go downfield, above the QB.

Could well be a resident cat that the field crew 'adopted' or something to that effect.

I've been to NFL games and those cameras are not that big, you can barely see them even though they are right above the field (otherwise the fans would hate them).

Whatever it was, it is a LOT bigger than a domestic cat.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

I've been to NFL games and those cameras are not that big, you can barely see them even though they are right above the field (otherwise the fans would hate them).

Whatever it was, it is a LOT bigger than a domestic cat.

Depends on which camera, and yes, some of them are very big. There has to be a big structure the camera is strapped to so it remains stable.

Besides, I don't think the object is as far away as the opposite sideline, I think it's riiiiight between the uprights...

Either way, it's nothing out of the ordinary, IMO.

edit: make sure you see it on HD. I did, and it does not appear to be running, it appears to be stationary following a fixed path...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
shadows generated by lights on roof move as beam angle changes during collapse.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow - does a shadow move like a horse. Would they even allow a horse in the Metrodome? Would love to see a much closer view of this. They said no one was there. No one meaning person - horse maybe

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was just watching my local news here in MN and they said that the news station had cameras inside. Why would they have them inside? Were they expecting this? Sure looks a bit startling to me, though! Need to see in close up, that would help. No football for me today, dang it!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think that when they said they were lucky its empty it doesn't mean that not one person was in the building, it just means not filled with fans or a team. It looks to me like one of the carts you see frequently when watching any football game. They drive in the area you see the movement and they look identical to me. They also can go decently fast.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

In this video you can see the black figure run BEHIND the benches.

Nice catch.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
After watching the fox clip on full screen, it looks to me like the cart they use to take injured players off the field. Just because they say the place was empty doesnt mean there werent people that work there. Check the fox video out on full screen, it is almost clear for a fleeting second. Nice catch though OP.
edit on 12-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

Wow, that is pretty strange looking. I have almost got to lean with the center camera theory as well. It would explain the movement we are seeing but I am not totally convinced.
edit on 12-12-2010 by nonnez because: Somehow responded to wrong person . . . changed post

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
IMHO
after lightening up the image
It's a peice of tarp or a piece of the dome
that was ripped apart as it collaped
or a vionyl or cloth cover for something
getting swooped along by the wind
doing cart wheels

good eye to spot that though
fands

edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
man its not a ghost or real object... it is a shadow caused as the dome gets lower....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Most definitely a horse, it's strange how even on high definition in the very beginning it fades in and out, meh. What's a horse doing in there? Spppooooooookkkkyyyy.

Edit: Definitely spooky. After watching it on replay over and over, I've deduced that there are definately legs...But it looks like two legs...And not four.
edit on 12-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It appears to be one of the carts that they use at stadiums, with two people riding in it. It does seem to jump at the beginning, and that is probably the cart going over a bump or some cables. Someone is probably driving fast to get away from the collapse, maintenance workers perhaps?

Took a sharp eye to see this, and I would have probably missed it, as it happened so quickly.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
OK I spent my evening with Sarah Palin's Alaska, then a Teen Mom, and I came back to this thread to see if the mystery was solved.

I watched it again and again, that is NOT a shadow.

OK, I do not know how to use my movie program/video editing program, and I do not even know how to save a video from the internet!! But maybe someone could edit just the segments where that black object moves?

I tried to pause the Fox Video posted after the OP and it went grey screen, ugh!

Definitely NOT a shadow, but maybe a cart or something. It really honestly looks like a dman giant dog or horse.

Someone solve this mystery please!

If nothing else, I may make some phone calls tomorrow and see if any of these news stations can shed some light on this mystery object.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
man its not a ghost or real object... it is a shadow caused as the dome gets lower....

Its not a shadow - it moves in a straight line and it is obscured by objects on the side line. That would be astronomically difficult. Its either something on a wire over the field moving (but completely disappears when the clip returns to the full view) or something moving down the sideline and it doesn't appear to be a cart to me.

[edit] Its also not a tarp being blown by wind. First there wouldn't be that much wind and it wouldn't be moving in a perfectly straight line down the field.
edit on 12/12/2010 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow, the first ten or so times i watched it, i thought it was a horse for sure.But then i noticed something even stranger. If you look where this object started from, It is in front of the long table or bench right about the 50 yard line. When it takes off, It appears to go over the bench/table or possibly through it. I wish there was just a few more seconds of the object.

Anyhow. I dont believe it is a horse or a cart. Most definitely strange.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

In the comments section, someone notices the mystery runner, and another person comments it is a person in a golf cart and they saw it on their local news and it was more clear. Back to searching. I am not finding many others discussing this!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

edit: I just watched the replay on HD here at my home and that's exactly what I think it is. The two bumps at the top of the moving object are the wheels for the pulley.

Beat me to it. LOL @ you whackos "its a horse, I can definitely tell thats a horse"
2nd
3rd

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Its not a shadow - it moves in a straight line and it is obscured by objects on the side line. That would be astronomically difficult. Its either something on a wire over the field moving (but completely disappears when the clip returns to the full view) or something moving down the sideline and it doesn't appear to be a cart to me.

[edit] Its also not a tarp being blown by wind. First there wouldn't be that much wind and it wouldn't be moving in a perfectly straight line down the field.
edit on 12/12/2010 by ararisq because: (no reason given)

you dont spend mush time out side do you
see the snow ? inside?
the wind is coming in the storm ripped tarp or is the vortex caused by the falling tarp
ever watch anything blown by the wind espacially at the foot of something like the side of the stadium
edit on 13-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join