It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Too bad didn't happen at Meadowlands (NJ) yesterday - would have covered up the stench left by the
NY JETS.......

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

The weight of snow varies greatly. Light fluffy snow may only weigh about seven pounds per cubic foot. More average snow may weigh 15 pounds per cubic foot and drifted compacted snow may weigh 20 pounds or more..."

Snow on roof was 18 in ( 1 1/2 feet according to weather reports) so multiply by 1.5 to get weight per foot

Is quite common - snow/ice beuilds up on roof and structure cant take weight and caves in

Happened few years ago in my town (belong to FD) - spent most of night digging through the debris to see if
anyone trapped. Was at supermarket.

Same thing happened in nearby town - is common in here even though dont get much snow (NYC area)
compared to other locations

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

Can we see what you saw please

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
msn.foxsports.com... right here as you can see is a person on a cart or forklift it acutally does look like a fork lift going at top speed

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Awesome catch, I've watched the video of couple of times and never noticed that. I've seen a couple of explanations on the thread that kinda make sense but it's still damn weird looking.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Looking at the video from fox sports.com it looks to be the camera that is on a cable suspended over the center of the field and the collapse of the dome is pulling the camera and cable to its endzone stop.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I have no doubts that this is a shadow being cast from the dome lights as it moves as the lights dip down which really does explain the shadow, I am pretty sure the shadow elongates towards the light-source a bit also.

Nothing paranormal here, just the effects of shadow, lights creating an optical illusion.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It seems like everyone is forgetting about the length of the black shadow in question. Which looks to be around 4-5 yards in length,not to mention the height.

No Camera in existence moves with jumping motions, or is that large.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

The Dome doesnt start to sag and collapse FULLY until the shadow is almost to the end. Also the shadow moves at a much faster pace than the collapse itself, which again doesnt FULLY start until the shadow is almost off the screen.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

what jumping motions??

and how do you estimate the size at 4 - 5 yards ? (
an educated
guess??) thats retarded you all are making a BIG deal of nothing, it's actually the reptilians causing this because they lost too much money last week at the Vegas sports books
edit on 13-12-2010 by steve632 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
you guys its not a shadow im convinced it is a person getting the hell out of there why is this debate still going on?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
That is crazy, in my opinion the movement looks human (or on two legs). The black blur just blows my mind.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

its a golf cart, all stadiums have them. also note, it is moving before the ceiling was falling, so its not a shadow from a moving light source.... kind of a no-brainer. attention to detail matters. I live in Minneapolis and have been in that stadium several times.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Its groundskeepers inspecting the dome just before the collapse. Once they knew it was going they had to dart out in their golf carts. That is what they use to get around.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Its groundskeepers inspecting the dome just before the collapse. Once they knew it was going they had to dart out in their golf carts. That is what they use to get around.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
NFL Fanhouse Video of Collapse

This is the best video of the collapse with the object that I have seen. It starts moving at the opposite 20yd line during the first shot of the collapse. It definitely looks like a gold cart with two people.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It's not a horse it moves way too smoothly for that. I don't think it's a shadow too, it looks very dark and it goes BEHIND the objects when it moves, shadows don't do that.

It seems to have two pointy bits sticking up if anyone will look carefuly, that might help identify what object it could be.

I have no idea.
edit on 14-12-2010 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
That video looks like a teaser for the next Crytek game engine. I'm serious. Besides the dude on the quad, everything else has no life to it. It all seems hypothetical. Maybe its my screen... idunno.... but it just looks wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

yeah i saw this on my hd and was wondering the same thing... i bet nobody was suppose to be in there but somebody got caught! it looked like a couple of dudes running behind a tarp of some sort... maybe it was some kids that didn't want to get in trouble or i have no idea... haha.. . but i KNOW it was something and it was on CNN in all its HD glory

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomdham

Originally posted by darkest4

Originally posted by Gumerk
Another view in this video. I am failing to embed it, but it gives an even clearer and longer view of the image

msn.foxsports.com...
edit on 12-12-2010 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2010 by Gumerk because: (no reason given)

Interesting, from that footage it looks like a guy riding something, maybe a lawnmower or some sorta grounds maintenance vehicle. A reporter saying there was no one in the building is probably just misinformed, I kinda doubt theres ever 'no one' in the stadium, theres gotta at least be security or maintenance crew or something at all times during an active season I would think, especially if the roof was leaking before collapse.

edit O looks like someone called in and already had confirmed that there were in fact people working there in the morning and it was a guy on a cart so.. mystery solved, nothing paranormal here.
edit on 13-12-2010 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

Not to be a smart ask but do you guys not read the whole thread or posts above yours before you post?
Please see this post from 'tater from KY!!!

Tater got the answer, so stop guessing, please.

ETA: sorry,see you saw it darkest4.

Thanks and 73's,
Tom

OK,
One MORE TIME!!!!
Please read the thread!!!

Thanks again,
Tom
edit on 14-12-2010 by tomdham because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join