It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy in UK: Video of Prince Charles and car bottled in London's protests

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
If this video has taught me anything, it's that the UK needs a secret service. lol

These guys are RIGHT next to Prince Charles, and they are protesters, some are hiding their faces, and all are RIOTING.

WTF lol

Pretty intense vid though.

Enjoy rioters with their faces covered yelling "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" about 2ft from the Price, who rolls down his window... ?

The start though is pretty funny, you can tell they as well cannot believe they are standing right next to the Price of England. lol

And here is a news story about the incident with a slightly different view, but not raw video.

They forget to mention the people yelling at them. lol

However they seem to focus on mainly his gf... which to me as an American seems odd, shouldn't the Prince be more powerful and the main story??

Sure she was in the car, but RIGHT next to him!

Nice car too, what is that, a '30s or '40s Rolls Royce?

edit on 12-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
At the end of the day which prat directed their car through a rioting Mob!,

edit on 12/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Yeah... you would think the Prince's security detail may have taken him down a side street or a couple blocks around the way.

Had to get that photo op, Brother. It's laughable really. Anything to make the mob look worse and the Crown look better. I'm not even English and I think its disgusting! GO GET EM BOYS AND GIRLS!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, being an American, I have no overall care for the royal family.

that being said, I think the people whom tried to strike at the future king should be rounded up, tried for treason, and exectued old school.

I am not a Brit as I mentioned, but hell, seeing that even made my weird universal patriotism nerve flare up to want to beat the snot out of them.

Off with their head? pfft...how about off with your head you damn turncoat.

again...no overall care for the royal family..but damn, to lash out at a symbol of British history and strength like that...its like someone over here in the US shooting at the statue of liberty...a meaningless object, yet a symbol of the empire itself, for better or worse.

sort of in two minds about the protests overall...I see both sides.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

You're right.

Damn early Americans were turncoats too.

Should have just paid more money and stuck with the King...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

You're right.

Damn early Americans were turncoats too.

Should have just paid more money and stuck with the King...

I have no clue how you are somehow drawing parallels between the absolute rule of the royals 225 years ago, and the symbol royal family now..

and actually, not sure how the hell your trying to put America in this argument overall. This is the brits rallying against the governments decision...fair enough..can debate about that, but then some morons start harassing the royals..which is not part of the government beyond just a symbol...like the eagle symbol of America.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I wonder if someone wanted Charles to end up in the middle of a riot, it would be better publicity for the monarchy if William and his new bird where then next king and queen, and it would of been bad publicity for the protesters if the next king of England had of come to any harm.

It wouldnt surprise me if something happened to Charlie before he is crowned.

Thanks for the video, I missed this on the news.
edit on 12-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
I wonder if someone wanted Charles to end up in the middle of a riot, it would be better publicity for the monarchy if William and his new bird where then next king and queen, and it would of been bad publicity for the protesters if the next king of England had of come to any harm.

It wouldnt surprise me if something happened to Charlie before he is crowned.

Thanks for the video, I missed this on the news.
edit on 12-12-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

Many of my brit friends have suggested that Charles will not be taking the crown but rather pass it down immediately to William. Is this a actual consideration, or are they just dreaming?

and ya, William becoming King and bypassing Charles would certainly invigorate the royals and their relevancy to anything in the UK

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Precisely my point Bro. Its not as if the riots had just started, Thed been at the end of regent street for a hour, Surely the intellgence service would have picked up on the fact that a royal veichle had a plan to travel down that street, Plus there was several alternate routes that could have been taken, As you say, anything to make the students fighting against reduced funding look bad eh

edit on 12/12/10 by TedHodgson because: spelling

link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

What was the driver saying , "Sorry Gov got this sat-Nav see" or " Cor Blimey Charley... This lot Ere for you then".

It's all them cut-Backs, We can no longer pay for Secret Services. But for some reasion i can see this Getting-
Bigger by the day.

Nice post by the way.

link   
kinda suspect how a cpl weeks ago the police drove a van up beside protesters got out and left it thn the next day all the newspaper had pics of people smashing and looting the van....then this week we have this.....publicity drive for something! uk born and bred but i dont rate the royal family whatsoever..........

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Im not sure about that, if that is the case then I think Charles would have to take the crown first and pass it down, I dont think the queen is allowed to bypass Charles. But like I said, im not sure.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think this is the first time I've posted a thread that got this many replies without a star or flag...

Was it something I said?

My presentation?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Pfah.. peanuts. I did some reading, and found out that ,when the -now queen of The Netherlands-, princess Beatrix got married to a german, Claus von Ambtsberg, who was from a nazi-lineage, the mobs threw military surplus smoke bombs at the coach and the rest of the royal following... That was the 60's... Those dutchies knew how to have some fun...

I guess the Europeans have a healthy lack of reverance towards royals, but do not want to go the whole nine Yards and blow 'em up or something, so it remains at a bit of pestering&posturizing..

I like that, it's all about symbolism, You know?
edit on 12/12/2010 by diakrite because: typos

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

If I may, quote this

Part of the discussion focused on why, when it is standard practice in the protection of ‘principles’ to have many alternative routes planned before the vehicle sets out, the vehicle was driven past the scene of protests anyway.

Now, it seems to me that there was a strong political motivation for doing so. The Royals could never have been considered at real risk from what were ostensibly peaceful protests by students, but the car was bound to have something minor done to it.........

.........This would then be the front page of newspapers, not the vote, not the peaceful majority of protests, not the numerous incidents of police brutality that were passed around Twitter throughout the day or the fact that ‘kettling’ is an extremely dubious tactic that almost seems designed to turn peaceful protests violent.

Maybe it was merely a distraction, a way to grab the headlines of all the newspapers? I can't say for certain, but it is a possibility

The Media Agenda - Angry Mob

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Carefull, if you ask for Flaggys and starsies its trolling apparently
lol

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think it would have been funny if the vid showed some protester up on the car and wagging his junk at camilla parker bowles....right in her face in front of ol' charlie cork-face.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius
I think this is the first time I've posted a thread that got this many replies without a star or flag...

Was it something I said?

My presentation?

And who do you think pays for your stars and flags?
Do you really want to pass down a star deficit to your grandchildren?

We are also in a flag recession...you need to tighten your belt like the rest of us. We cannot keep borrowing flags from the chinese just to give to the threads here..eventually we are going to have to give those flags back with interest.

You flagitarians no nothing about flagonomics or how it effects the star economy on ATS

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I think Charles will definately be King, unless something should happed to him, but if he is fit he will become the next King.

As much as I hate the concept of a royal family, I think William is the one who can remove some of the pomp and ceremony and bring the royal family into the modern era.
edit on 12-12-2010 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Here is a video taken from inside the protest itself. It provides a much more intense view than the footage the media presents.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join