It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Declassified Papers Show U.S. Recruited Ex-Nazis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
And what was the expertise of the Gestapo and SS veterans?

Easy. They had been fighting the Soviets. That's the expertise that they brought to the table.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Having observed your love of violence and unjust murder of others in other threads, I'm not surprised by your response.

This is how Merriam-Webster defines "Gestapo":

Definition of GESTAPO
: a secret-police organization employing underhanded and terrorist methods against persons suspected of disloyalty
Origin of GESTAPO
German, from Geheime Staatspolizei, literally, secret state police
First Known Use: 1934

www.merriam-webster.com...

They were a police force. Not a military force. Anything they did with the Soviets was out of desperation, as their main priority during the war seemed to be making sure that millions of Jews and anyone else that stood in the Nazis' way.

Keep trying to glorify them. It speaks more for you than I care to.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbomb456
Notice how there is no talk about Mengele, Peron, Borman filling a check to chase-manhattan bank in 67, the activities of Skorzeny in Egypt, Ronald Richter and the Huemel Island project, the Vatican ratlines, or any of the "good" stuff.

Dude, Bormann's remains were found in 1972 and were positively identified thru DNA in 1998. They found them near the Lehrter Bahnhof in Berlin, so I don't think he was writing any checkes in 1967.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWill
Oh, please tell me you don't believe that old trot about the nazis being the only ones who were "doing propoganda" during WWII?

Nope, you went barking towards the wrong tree.

I'm against propaganda in general. It's intentionally deceitful for military purposes. Call me old-fashioned but I don't think warfare and lying to your domestic population go very well together. An example in the US was portraying Japanese on posters as monkey-people, and even taking it so far as rounding up Japanese Americans and imprisoning them with no trial or any kind of hearing whatsoever, just because they were Japanese. That's not right either. But instead of going back and addressing those things, we just brought in a bunch of Nazis that were pros at this stuff and made it that much worse.

All the US was doing bringing these Nazi propagandists over was trying to learn how to better lie and manipulate their own people (Americans) the way the Nazis had manipulated their own people. Incidentally the Nazis heavily used their mass media to accomplish what they did.
edit on 12-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Um, I wasn't barking, yet... I was doing a preliminary growl to find out if there was a squirrel up there. Which, as you have responded showing awareness that propoganda was not isolated to the Nazis, has proved that the squirrel is absent. No barking required.

Just for the record, I know that the Nazi party was very good at propoganda, and I wasn't saying that it was good because it was done by the "good" people (the winners always whitewash themselves), just checking for that squirrel.

PS - yes, I know the squirrel analogy is a bit odd.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Nobody is glorifying Nazis. You asked what they brought to the table.

We answered your question.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I thought this was common knowledge.

Operation Paperclip is common knowledge to most conspiracy folkes, not the general public... mostly because they don't really care as long as they have their beer and Monday night football

The Officers etc is news even to me... though have heard 'rumors' for some time

We excused the scientists... because well frankly, WE wanted those NAZI kill weapons for ourselves

When Operation Paperclip came to America it was on THAT day that the government decided telling you the truth was no longer an option. Your need to know did not outweigh their greed for weapons... do not forget von Braun's team worked for the Army on ICBM's long before he went to NASA to fake moon missions to cover the Armie's real moon base

Intelligence and government officials faced a delicate moral quandary in 1945—whether it was worth it to give American homes to men who had invented weapons to kill American soldiers, men who in some cases subscribed to beliefs that hundreds of thousands Americans had died to eradicate. In the end they decided it was, if these men could help the United States defeat the Soviets.

—Christine Gibson is a former editor at American Heritage magazine.
SOURCE

As Wernher von Braun said... the Soviets were 'manufactured' enemies. This was the day the PTB began their policy of lies
edit on 12-12-2010 by zorgon because: Classified

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You might also want to look up the fact that Prescott Bush, Rockefellars and Standard Oil funded the NAZI's into power. That is history now and grandpappy Bush was sanctioned for trading with the enemy.. Union Bank shut down... don't have time to linky... it's easy to find

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Having observed your love of violence and unjust murder of others in other threads, I'm not surprised by your response.

Whatever. Cry me a river. A question was asked, an answer was given. If you don't like it, tough. I don't care.

This is how Merriam-Webster defines "Gestapo":

Thanks. Didn't need the word defined for me, but thanks anyways. Already knew it, and their actions during the war.

They were a police force. Not a military force. Anything they did with the Soviets was out of desperation, as their main priority during the war seemed to be making sure that millions of Jews and anyone else that stood in the Nazis' way.

Once again, thanks for pointing that out. It confirms what I said, fighting the Soviets is what they brought to the table. Whether with a weapon or thru covert means.

OK, High Speed. I want you to go back and pin-point exactly where I was glorifying the Nazis and Gestapo. Find the exact post and my exact words stating just that.

Or, *snip* your statement and offer an apology. Tho I doubt you will.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
Profanity and Censor Circumvention on the Rise
edit on 12-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I'm against propaganda in general. It's intentionally deceitful for military purposes.

Well, for military purposes, it's suppose to be deceitful, depending on the type of propaganda being used.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Paper Clip, was the public program.
I am sure there were many brought in under the radar....
In Canada they were running the MK program out in alberta and sask,besides in ontario and quebec.
The German staff committed many many ritual murders in the alberta area in training MK ultra candidates.(young children)
It is a very hush hush chapter in Canadian history.
However a few victims have come forward to tell the story.
It is still denied by the goverment.
Lincoln Park in calgary, was the Air Force base where these things went on. They fed the bodies to pigs on a farm outside of town(calgary)
A lot of innocent people were murdered to train these MK Ultra children.
edit on 12-12-2010 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

SS = Schutzstaffel
Schutz = protection, safeguard, guard, protector
staffel = squadron
SS = Homeland Security

Gestapo = TSA

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
“In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will presist.We must never let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes.”- Eisenhower warned

US brought in 1600 nazi scientists who were using humans as test specimens for biological weapons in the concentration camps.Their real identities were forged so that no one can question who they were.The US government manipulated history in order to radically upgrade it's millitary-industrial complex.

NASA = NAZI

Would US be a super-power today without the help from these war criminals?

I very much doubt it!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
It was also nazi intelligence networks among other groups that were recruited by the u.s.. All of which led to amerika becoming what it is today due to nazi recruitment / infiltration of the u.s ..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for providing us the info.

Everyday i learn something new about the powers running the Circus we live in.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Doujutsu because: Grammar error

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Gestapo = TSA

Nah, if this were true, the TSA weenies would have cooler uniforms.

Truth. If WWII were a fashion show, the Nazis would have won.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doujutsu
NASA = NAZI

Originally posted by Doujutsu
Would US be a super-power today without the help from these war criminals?

I very much doubt it!

Yes, the US would have still been a superpower without the Nazis. Our scientists weren't a pack of retards, eating paste and licking windows. We probably would have taken longer to get to the moon, etc, without the German scientists, tho.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Nasa wouldn't have existed without Von Braun.

Wernher Magnus Maximilian Freiherr[1] von Braun (March 23, 1912 – June 16, 1977) was a German-American rocket scientist, engineer, space architect, and one of the leading figures in the development of rocket technology in Germany and the United States during and after World War II. A one-time member of the Nazi party and a commissioned SS officer, von Braun would later be regarded as the preeminent rocket engineer of the 20th century in his role with the United States civilian space agency NASA.[2]

In his 20s and early 30s, von Braun was the central figure in Germany's pre-war rocket development programme, responsible for the design and realization of the deadly V-2 combat rocket during World War II. After the war, he and some of his rocket team were taken to the U.S. as part of the then-secret Operation Paperclip. In 1955, ten years after entering the country, von Braun became a naturalized U.S. citizen.

Von Braun worked on the US Army intermediate range ballistic missile (IRBM) program before his group was assimilated by NASA, under which he served as director of the newly-formed Marshall Space Flight Center and as the chief architect of the Saturn V launch vehicle, the superbooster that propelled the Apollo spacecraft to the Moon.[3] According to one NASA source, he is "without doubt, the greatest rocket scientist in history. His crowning achievement ... was to lead the development of the Saturn V booster rocket that helped land the first men on the Moon in July 1969."[4] He received the 1975 National Medal of Science.

Wiki

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
Nobody is glorifying Nazis. You asked what they brought to the table.

We answered your question.

So they brought a bunch of Jew-killing secret police and mass manipulators. And you feel smug telling me as much?

I asked what the Gestapo "brought to the table," and 'Jerico' says they were good at fighting the Soviets. No, I don't think so. The German army was fighting the Soviets, and by the time the Soviets got to Germany where Germany's police could have fought them, it wasn't much of a fight anymore anyway. The Soviets were whipping German ass by that point.

It's interesting to see how many people are coming out to defend the Gestapo and other Nazis just because our leaders secretly took them in and employed them...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

OK, High Speed. I want you to go back and pin-point exactly where I was glorifying the Nazis and Gestapo. Find the exact post and my exact words stating just that.

Or, you can go [snip] and offer an apology. Tho I doubt you will.

The fact that you're even here defending our government taking in Nazis at all, and Gestapo on top of that, sends a perfectly clear message. The Gestapo were not professional Soviet-killers. They were German police who killed Germans and Jews and homosexuals and anyone else that Hitler and his cronies took a disliking to, along with the SS. Did you ever study the Holocaust at all, or are you going to defend what Germany did there too? The Soviets tore Germany up when they got there, not surprisingly because the Gestapo was a police force and not a military organization and the German army had been retreating in rags ever since Stalingrad and Kursk.
edit on 12/12/10 by masqua because: Removed censor circumvention in quote

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join