It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True Patriots Are Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I disagree with you ,I think that true patriots
would be basically christians.

This is a quote from another thread, and I wanted to debate this concept all on its own.

Are true patriots basically Christians?

And thus if you are not a Christian, you cannot be a true patriot?

I see the popularity of people like Sarah Palin, whose religion guides them in everything they do. I have always seen most people equate religion and tea partiers. There is a large and strong movement in America that weds religion and politics.

IMO, a TRUE patriot would protest this bride of Frankenstein marriage between religion and state!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks MamaBeth for the inspitration for a new debate!

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
In a forum full of conspiracy theories, this is by far the biggest nonsense I have seen so far

+75 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Wrong. True patriots understand and respect the fact that each of us are allowed to practice any faith we choose to.

Saying that only christians are patriots is stupid, and flat out ignorant.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PFdiddy
In a forum full of conspiracy theories, this is by far the biggest nonsense I have seen so far
Really? High honor!!

Yet here you are posting anyway.

Why is it nonsense? What in particular is nonsensical about this topic? I am always amused by those who crap out a drive by post with no content. It proves that there is something to the OP, else why waste your time at all?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Whats the point of being a patriot anyways? I mean i love my country and where i live and wouldn't trade it for the world, but if they asked me for fight for them i'd laugh...

Why fight for a governments ideals and agendas, they don't benefit their people.

Why fight for a system that won't fight for you?

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Heh.

So now one must be delusional to be a good American?

Figures...

Atheist, served in Army, support constitutional protections, against government encroachment into citizens lives, believe in equal rights for races and sexes, support freedom of speech, support right to arms. Work hard, pay my taxes, vote, keep track of political issues and always vigilant against corruption in press and politics.

I guess I am anti-American eh?

Heck, the DoJ agrees!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If all Christians are patriots, and all patriots are morons, then are all Christians morons?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Whats the point of being a patriot anyways? I mean i love my country and where i live and wouldn't trade it for the world, but if they asked me for fight for them i'd laugh...

Why fight for a governments ideals and agendas, they don't benefit their people.

Why fight for a system that won't fight for you?
You have a point. I cannot recall the last time my government did anything for me, but cause a headache.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Are only Americans patriots?

Can athiest Chinese nationals be patriots too?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PFdiddy
If all Christians are patriots, and all patriots are morons, then are all Christians morons?

maybe, if you are a moron it is possible

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Are only Americans patriots?

Can athiest Chinese nationals be patriots too?
I reckon, and I reckon the topic could be expanded to encompass any country and religion combination.

But I am an American so I think of patriots in my American terms or ideals, which the media depicts as religious(predominately Christian), gun loving, white, conservative.

It is an interesting concept to debate, for the reason that christian patriots have no trouble with teacher led prayer in school, mangers in government offices, ten commandments on courthouse squares (good old Kentucky), etc. All these actions, are decidedly UNpatriotic! In that the same patriots often are the first in line to deny other religions fair time. I doubt any patriot would be cool with an inverted cross on display in the courthouse square, but would fight to blood for a christian cross to be displayed, or see nothing wrong or antipatriotic about it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
BS!!!!! In fact you can not be a real patroit if you are a Christian who does not believe in religious freedom. Our forefathers left England to escape religious tyranny by the Church of England and THE GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATED WITH THE CHURCH! The biggest reason why we have seperation of church and state.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I am so honored to have been the inspiration for this thread.
I didn't say that only christians are patriots!Most patriots are
of the christian persuation.
I am also a gun owner,conservative and partially white.I am
also part cherokee and blackfeet.
edit on 12-12-2010 by mamabeth because: needed to add

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Most certainly. Patriotism means to have a love for your country. In all countries around the world I'm sure there are patriots. It has nothing to do with religion what so ever.

Every person in the world has the ability to be or not be a patriot. To say otherwise just doesn't make any sense. And to label one group of people as more patriotic than another based on their religion is just flat out ignorant.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

First you have to define what true patriots and true christians are and whether they're interchangeable.
If a true patriot is a person of a crusading type, then a lot of christ followers are definitely not true patriots, they're martyrs, not crusaders or jihadists.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While it would be easy to say yes or no, the idea that it boils down to I think, is do you or do you not believe that your life is your own property; and therefore all that your life creates or produces. I like to put it this way, as humans of any faith or no faith can answer this question honestly and without bias.

To paraphrase the late George Carlin, I often muse that I am not a very good american, nor a very good soldier because I like to form my own opinions. As far as actual religion is concerned, I've come to the conclusion after much internal debate that all religions spring from much older knowledge, and that they are like music.

Here's my analogy: Masses of people will listen to the music, but only actually hear the "sick beats", and "killer riffs". Out of those, a few will hear the lyrics. Out of those few, maybe three will understand and comprehend them. Of those three, maybe....maybe just one will see the ancient wisdom that is contained therein.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

Originally posted by mamabeth

I disagree with you ,I think that true patriots
would be basically christians.

This is a quote from another thread, and I wanted to debate this concept all on its own.

Are true patriots basically Christians?

And thus if you are not a Christian, you cannot be a true patriot?

I see the popularity of people like Sarah Palin, whose religion guides them in everything they do. I have always seen most people equate religion and tea partiers. There is a large and strong movement in America that weds religion and politics.

IMO, a TRUE patriot would protest this bride of Frankenstein marriage between religion and state!

What are your thoughts?

Thanks MamaBeth for the inspitration for a new debate!

Considering that there have been 18 Jewish soldiers who have received this nations ultimate recognition, the Congressional Medal Of Honor, as well as Muslim recipients, I'd definitely say that being a Christian has nothing to do with being a true patriot.

Being a true patriot is a guy or girl in uniform who is willing to spill their blood for those of us back home, or those of us here at home who are willing to fight to protect what those in uniform are fighting for.

It has nothing to do with any particular religion, and never will.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, and many other Founding Fathers were not "True Patriots" then? They weren't Christian.
Wow, tough crowd.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You need context. America is Rome 2.0. Christianity is Pharisee 2.0

A Christian, to the modern Roman is equal to a member of the senate in the hierarchy.

They are bought and paid for by the evangelical which is a modern day Pharisee.

Church and state were separated until the church was realized to be corporate.

A patriot is the Christ of the new testament, in a world paralleling 0 B.C. and therefore a patriot cannot be a christian as Jesus exposed the establishment of that epoch. A follower of Christ cannot be part of system that murdered his/her savior and claim to be Christian.

You can quote me on that!

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Well, that is just not true. I am a Wiccan. Read that "Not a Christian." I am a Patriot. I believe in, and have studied the Articles of Confederation, and the Constitution of 1787, not to mention many other papers and texts from Early America. I have also studied the American Common Law, application and purpose. I belong to a Militia group, and go to meetings of like minded persons. Want to tell me again that I have to be a Christian to be a Patriot? I suppose you also think America is a wholly Christian Nation too? I am a Wiccan, and I Vote!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join