It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange's accusers are 'jealous liars' says lawyer Bjorn Hurtig Read more:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Julian Assange's accusers are 'jealous liars' says lawyer Bjorn Hurtig Read more: www.news.com.au...

www.ne ws.com.au

WIKILEAKS founder Julian Assange's lawyer said he has seen secret police documents that prove the whistle-blower is innocent of sex assault claims made against him by two women.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 12/12/10 by Freedom_is_Slavery because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Mr Hurtig said he had asked Swedish prosecutors for permission to disclose more "sensational information".
Mr Hurtig, a top defence lawyer, is ready to fly to London and present the evidence when Assange appears in court this week - if given the all-clear.

It will be interesting to see what these secret police document have in them and whether he gets off these charges

www.ne ws.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Secret police documents proving Assange's innocence in that particular case?
Well well, if true this will have major consequences for the police officers who handled the documents for withholding important information in a major case. Unbelievable, in fact outrages! Although the irony is quite amusing, Assange may get free and instead members of the police go to jail.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

What the lawyer may mean is that he has seen the documents and he THINKS that he can prove Assanges' innocence in the rape charges. Police do not bring charges, prosecutors do. I predict that no one will suffer from an arrest warrant.
Meanwhile Assange is sitting in a cage and may get caught up in international espionage charges. Jail is a safe place for him.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Here is the photo of one of the *victims* sophia [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bc188a9121a.jpg[/atsimg]

These chicks got played and are on a vandetta against assange..

Now that being said assange SHOULD OF known to be careful, i understand it's hard sometimes being a guy, no pun intended, but come on assange you got to think about crazy women when you are in the situation you are...
edit on 12-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

I see your point.
I'm quite inexperienced with rape prosecutions, what kind of evidence can be brought up to prove innocence of the accused person besides evidence of innocence based on an alibi?
It seems to me that one can easily be blamed for rape and yet even with insufficient evidence be convicted for a crime that has not actually taken place, and vice versa, due to insufficient evidence one who actually committed a rape crime is being spared the consequences.
Can anyone clear me up on how the process is dealt with?

Don't mean to derail the thread, just a question.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freedom_is_Slavery

Big suprise government is keeping stuff hidden again....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

That picture had been debunked about 10 times already.
It's not her. She's in her 20s. That MIGHT be her mother. But she isn't the female in question.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

You will need to ask a Swedish lawyer. Their laws are unique in this area. Assange is safer in jail than on the loose. Intel is money. He has probably been selling intel and there are many who would like to cash in on it. He is a walking ATM machine and would likely be an easy victim.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I am not really sure people are all that safe in jail a high profile criminal (charged with many murders) was just executed in a top security jail in my country and i'm not talking about the electric chair
solitary is all good and safe i guess but what about when he gets moved into an area with other prisoners because to bribe a man with life and a family would be quite an easy task

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
From what I understand, one of the accusers has actually left the country and refuses to help the prosecution because she didn't think this would go as far as it did, and never wanted Assange detained, just fined and sent on his way, which is the punishment for this crime anyway.

Which kind of leads us to the question--if you got a parking ticket in Arizona, and the US Marshals released a nationwide arrest warrant with massive scale manhunt to arrest you in Michigan, wouldn't you freak a little too?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
"Assange is safer in jail than on the loose. Intel is money. He has probably been selling intel and there are many who would like to cash in on it."

Selling intel...yeah sure. More like distributing garbage packaged as intel to fulfill an insidious agenda. As for him being safer in jail, it's rather heartwarming to see that you take an interest in his safety.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I am not interested in his safety at all. The comment was a general one that I believe is true. If he was on the loose, those that have something to gain by release of the insurance cache have only to kill him. Those that see him as a walking ATM have only to capture him and sell him to the highest bidder. He has reduced himself to a commodity and now has to live with it...or not.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Actually, trapped inside a 8 X 10 cell is not safer than being out.

Plenty of 'suicides' occur in prison, and when you know exactly where someone is going to be 23 hours a day, it's rather easy to get to them.

If the same person is at liberty, the world being somewhat larger than an 8 x 10 cell makes it a little more difficult to get to them.

An analogy would be a bird flying free, while not impossible to catch, is much harder to get to than a bird that is caged.

Anyone can be inserted into a prison..any one of the prison staff can be got at in order to accomplish a 'task'...any inmate can be paid or encouraged to perform a similar task too.

No...generally, one is not safer in prison.

new topics

top topics

join