It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bizarre Experience...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hello all,

I've been "umming and ahhing" about posting this thread because, to put it bluntly, I don't wanna look like a complete ballbag. Another member encouraged me go ahead and do it, so if you must throw rotten tomatoes, throw them at him!

Anyway, I'll try to keep it short and simple as I tend to waffle on a bit, so here we go.

About 3 years ago, a very close friend and I were chilling out in my room and talking about all sorts of weird and wonderful things. The atmosphere was calm and relaxed and no drugs or alcohol had been consumed. The house was completely silent; everyone else was sound asleep in bed - it was around 2 or 3 in the morning.

We began talking about the kind of person we think we would have become as an adult, if we hadn't have had the experiences we did as children. I made a very personal comment about my childhood and found it difficult to make eye contact while I was saying it, so I looked towards the door and tried not to get too emotional.

I looked back to my friend for a response and it took me a second or 2 to realise that out of nowhere, he was shaking erratically, breathing heavily and had tears rolling down his face. My initial thought was that he'd seen something creepy in the night sky through the window behind me, so as I yelled at him, "what?! whaaaaat?!", I hurriedly swivelled round on my chair whilst soiling my pants and looked - nothing out of the ordinary.

As far as I could see, we were still alone in the room and I saw no evidence to suggest that we had been visited by Satan/Jebus/Hitler's wife. I turned back and asked him what the fewk had happened and if he was ok. He took a minute or so to compose himself and then he tried to explain.

He said that as I was talking, he began to see a black cloudy fog swirling around my body and in this fog, he could "see" and "feel" all of the sorrow and pain that I had seen and felt throughout my life, manifested around me. Gradually, the fog dissolved and beyond it, he could see the "true me".

(This sounds so damned ridiculous, I'm actually laughing to myself in sheer embarrassment as I type!)

He described it as an "80's rock concert" - like seeing a rock star standing high up on a stage, with golden llghts beaming down on him and smoke blowing around his feet. He said the light was "shimmery" and as he looked at me, he felt intense, gripping fear which made him want to curl up into a ball and hide. The "power and charisma" he felt coming from within "me" made him feel like a "snivelling boy wretch" as he put it. He said he felt like I could mentally "take down" absolutely anyone if I really wanted to.

This all came from a guy who has never had a paranormal experience, is a huge skeptic, doesn't believe in anything without hard evidence to back it up and never shows any emotion. He has always stuck by his story and description and to this day, still insists that it happened and I have no reason not to believe him, however ridiculous I think it sounds.

It hasn't exactly made me feel thrilled about myself however, and has had me pondering and questioning what kind of person I am. I couldn't and would never hurt a fly, let alone "take down" anyone. I'm very peaceful and down to earth and I don't think I've ever hurt anyone, at least not intentionally. My friend has reassured me that he never had any evil or negative feelings about me throughout his experience.

I definitely don't think I'm any kind of evil charismatic demon lady
As far as I'm concerned, my friend either needs glasses or psychiatric help but still, if anyone has had a similar experience, or has any idea what might have happened here, I'd be interested to hear it!

Thanks,

Kate:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
That was a strange incident.
Thanks for sharing that with us

For a guy who never shows emotion, that was major for him.
For anybody to see that I guess.
I cant help you out there cos I dont know what the hell happend, nonetheless, good read.
S&F

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
me thinks your friend just wanted to make you feel special.

perhaps for booty purposes.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Yeah, my friend is as gay as a handbag full of rainbows so I don't think so

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

How can you get booty crawling up into a ball and claiming you see a black shadow?
Last time I checked, men crawling into balls looks kind of weak to women, I donno Katie correct me if im wrong.
Just had to say this cos it's logical.
I donno what happend there, I take the OPs word.
One thing is certain, he didnt make up that story to get some booty.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

well then, you may want to look into aura reading.

it sounds like a classic negative/dark aura. the variable here is that you say this doesnt describe you at all, which suggest the possibility of some type of foul play. if the aura that was given off was not your own then it merits further investigation.

i would (if i were you) start with confirming your true aura color first. this may take a couple of people, and for experiments sake, if it requires another person i would try a different friend than the one you experienced it with originally. this will help pinpoint the source of the foul play (if present)

if that was your true aura, then my guess is this whole post was to convince the guy who saw your true "colors" otherwise.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

How can you get booty crawling up into a ball and claiming you see a black shadow?

Not saying it wouldn't work on me!

Anyway, as I said, my friend is in a very happy relationship with a man and it is possible for a boy and girl to be just friends - not all men are sleazy perves y'know.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

Last time I checked, men crawling into balls looks kind of weak to women, I donno Katie correct me if im wrong.
Just had to say this cos it's logical.
I donno what happend there, I take the OPs word.
One thing is certain, he didnt make up that story to get some booty.

in the long term, some men think for whatever reason that the more pathetic they present themselves to a woman, the easier it is to play off emotion and become "close".

some of the more insecure girls, play right into this for an unorthodox yet fast-tracked route to attention.

attention on-her-own-terms is a common pre-requisite for sex.

just things ive observed in life. take them however you wish.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by KatieVA

well then, you may want to look into aura reading.

it sounds like a classic negative/dark aura. the variable here is that you say this doesnt describe you at all, which suggest the possibility of some type of foul play. if the aura that was given off was not your own then it merits further investigation.

i would (if i were you) start with confirming your true aura color first. this may take a couple of people, and for experiments sake, if it requires another person i would try a different friend than the one you experienced it with originally. this will help pinpoint the source of the foul play (if present)

if that was your true aura, then my guess is this whole post was to convince the guy who saw your true "colors" otherwise.

I've had my "aura" read before and black was never a colour the reader encountered. I don't think the black he saw around me was related to my "aura".

"if that was your true aura, then my guess is this whole post was to convince the guy who saw your true "colors" otherwise."

Are you serious?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

No of cos, I know what you mean.
But I dont think that is the case here, especially if the guy is gay.
But yes there are some that go to the extreme.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

whats funny about that?

if your adept to aura reading then does that not sound like the influence/behavior of a dark aura?

i was simply explaining both sides of the arguement. "either or"

no need to take it personally i was actually just trying to help.

::edit before i leave:: to me this sounds like a 3rd party entity or some other type of foul play. i would investigate further in the people and things and activities going on around you. recreating emotions and other pertinent conditions might help. good luck.
edit on 12-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by KatieVA

whats funny about that?

if your adept to aura reading then does that not sound like the influence/behavior of a dark aura?

i was simply explaining both sides of the arguement. "either or"

no need to take it personally i was actually just trying to help.

::edit before i leave:: to me this sounds like a 3rd party entity or some other type of foul play. i would investigate further in the people and things and activities going on around you. recreating emotions and other pertinent conditions might help. good luck.
edit on 12-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

Your input is appreciated and I wasn't taking anything personally, I just didn't understand what you were getting at. I can't pretend to know much about auras, but doesn't black signify illness or death? I'm still here, 3 years later!

I don't attract any negativity, I get a lot of good luck and I'm mostly a very cheery person so I don't think any demons have eaten my soul or anything like that...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hello my friend,

I have seen similar experiences from others. It is hard to put words to the experience. You more or less can only describe it and what it is by causing feelings that express the understanding.

Check out this thread and see if you get a feeling of understanding.

Thread

I am curious to know what it is you shared, if you care to share, feel free to u2u me.

What ever it is you decided you WANT to be, know that all it takes to be is your own will and desire.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

i would be inclined to agree with this being some sort of aura. i started studying into this quite a bit after reading the novel Insomnia by Stephen King
en.wikipedia.org...(novel)

your aura changes, and can easily be affected by your mood and what you are thinking. as far as i have read and understood, yes black often means illness or death, but whatever had happened to you that you were speaking about, i understand if you wish not to discuss it here, but point being that if it concerned something traumatic in your life, well, your body, soul and mind may have thought of this 'happening' or remembering as something greatly negative, and the body, soul and mind may interpret this as illness or near fatal. few people have an ability like your friend may have, and if he does, he may not be aware of it, or how to control it. wonderful read, S&F

... well that link totally takes you to insomnia, but not the novel... oh well...
edit on 15-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: add

edit on 15-12-2010 by schitzoandro because: spelling...aaarrrggghh!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Are you sure your friend wasn't high? I'm familiar with the underground lifestyle of many gay people, and a part of it is filled with doping up and swapping needles, etc.

In any event it sounds like he was stoned, or drunk. I know you already stated you weren't doing drugs at the time. But maybe he was and you weren't aware of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Hi Katie - I was present one time when something very similar happened

A couple years back, my family and my sisters family had rented a house at the beach. We also took my younger sisters son, who was 14 at the time and handicapped. He's not only physically handicapped but also mentally. He's a pretty big boy, so it would take a couple of us to get him out to the beach each day. That day in particular, four of us had walked him out (me, my hubby, my sister and my niece).

After we had gotten our chairs and towels all situated we sat down and we noticed he had a really strange look on his face. We asked him what was wrong and he said that my older sister had "dark clouds" around her. I asked him if I had dark clouds and he said 'No, just her and me.' You could tell he didn't want to talk a whole lot about it, so we really didn't push him. He said the black clouds were all around the shoulder and head area.

We tried looking it up online but couldn't find a lot. Biblically, clouds are associated and represent many different things. For example, God's glory is made manifest through a cloud and usually bright and shining. Dark clouds are represented by sadder and more negative things, like misfortune. When people suffer misfortune, it may seem that it goes unnoticed by God but it doesn't.

Your friend and my nephew would be what I word term sensitves, who have the ability to tap into that and feel compassion and empathy, which are both totally humbling traits.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Calender

Wow, don't mean to sound rude but that's a very narrow minded, ignorant view you have of gay people there.

SIGH, no, he hadn't taken any mind altering substances. Drugs really aren't his thing.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Hi Katie - I was present one time when something very similar happened

A couple years back, my family and my sisters family had rented a house at the beach. We also took my younger sisters son, who was 14 at the time and handicapped. He's not only physically handicapped but also mentally. He's a pretty big boy, so it would take a couple of us to get him out to the beach each day. That day in particular, four of us had walked him out (me, my hubby, my sister and my niece).

After we had gotten our chairs and towels all situated we sat down and we noticed he had a really strange look on his face. We asked him what was wrong and he said that my older sister had "dark clouds" around her. I asked him if I had dark clouds and he said 'No, just her and me.' You could tell he didn't want to talk a whole lot about it, so we really didn't push him. He said the black clouds were all around the shoulder and head area.

We tried looking it up online but couldn't find a lot. Biblically, clouds are associated and represent many different things. For example, God's glory is made manifest through a cloud and usually bright and shining. Dark clouds are represented by sadder and more negative things, like misfortune. When people suffer misfortune, it may seem that it goes unnoticed by God but it doesn't.

Your friend and my nephew would be what I word term sensitves, who have the ability to tap into that and feel compassion and empathy, which are both totally humbling traits.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

Hey, thanks for the reply
That really interesting!

I agree, I think my friend is a "sensitive" and was able to "see" the pain I was feeling at the time I spoke. I think thoughts and feelings physically manifest themselves around us and perhaps shape the way we live our lives, how we see the world around us and how others see us. I did used to attract a lot of bad luck and negativity, which changed completely when I had my son and felt that I had something to live for. Now everything is great and I'm a different person!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

After re-reading my post I can see how that came out wrong. I apologize Katie. Perhaps my view of the gay community is narrow, but it is the one that I know, I'm sure there are other life-styles out there with gays. But the one I grew up around, because a few of my closet friends were gay when I was younger was just that. I literally saw hundreds of gay people swapping drugs all the time, as well as each other. Of course I also knew gay partners that would hurt each other as bad as a married couple when they would cheat on each other. But out of the hundreds I met, I never met one of them that didn't do drugs. A lot of them have died since my young days because of AIDS and other diseases.

Are there lifestyles out there of gay people who are not druggies, I am sure there are. But I think you'd be surprised how many really do them, even if you didn't know did them.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calender
reply to post by KatieVA

...But the one I grew up around, because a few of my closet friends were gay when I was younger was just that. I literally saw hundreds of gay people swapping drugs all the time, as well as each other. Of course I also knew gay partners that would hurt each other as bad as a married couple when they would cheat on each other. But out of the hundreds I met, I never met one of them that didn't do drugs. A lot of them have died since my young days because of AIDS and other diseases.

Are there lifestyles out there of gay people who are not druggies, I am sure there are. But I think you'd be surprised how many really do them, even if you didn't know did them.

That is truly offensive. You say "a few" of your closet [sic] (Freudian slip?) friends were gay. But in the next sentence, it's suddenly hundreds, and not ONE of them did not use drugs? Rubbish. Surely you must realize that a propensity for drug use has absolutely nothing to do with whether one prefers slots or tabs. Of the dozens of LGBT people that I count among my friends, several use drugs. About the same proportion as the drug users amongst my straight friends.

I know both gay and straight people - including myself - who have had startling experiences very similar to the one the OP described, and they were not on drugs. There's more to this world of ours than we can possibly understand, and sometimes we get a glimpse of things that are usually hidden. No drugs necessary.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join