It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS'ers, you've been diagnosed... and it's not pretty LOL!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Right....

It's like we say:

"It's not paranoia if they really are after you".

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
here is a disease that many here are also suffering from :

What Is Mild Intellectual Disability (MID) also Referred to as Mild Mental Retardation?

Many of the characteristics of MID correspond to those of Learning Disabilities. The intellectual development will be slow, however, MID students have the potential to learn within the regular classroom given appropriate modifications and/or accommodations. Some MID students will require greater support and/or withdrawal than others will. MID students, like all students demonstrate their own strengths and weaknesses. Depending on the educational jurisdiction, criteria for MID will often state that the child is functioning approximately 2-4 years behind or 2-3 standard deviations below the norm or have an IQ under 70-75. The intellectual disability may vary from mild to profound.

LULZ not to mention delusions of grandeur like a MFer

but all jokes aside i want to share a quote with you guys...

“The only difference between the Sane and the Insane, is IN and yet within this world, the Sane have the power to have the Insane locked up.” - Hunter S Thompson (best author ever to live)

edit on 12-12-2010 by freakgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Cough cough BS cough cough

please

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freakgenius

It all depends on who does the classification. Now an awful lot of people would have classed Hitler insane But if you could have asked hitler you would have got a very diferent answer.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pipconvert

eh. all studies i've seen of people with believes in these topics show that they aren't that different then the general population and come out quite normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Persons with Schizotypal Personality Disorder have a very bizarre and sometimes esoteric manner of communicating. They are difficult to understand for the most part, while most ATS members are very prolific in writing and easily understood.

Additionally, a diagnosis should not be made without a visual on the person, due to their very odd way of dressing. Appearance and behavior are very odd, which rules out making a diagnosis without a visual.

These are the people you see in the grocery store who have on plaid pants and a checkered shirt, with golf shoes, who appear fearful of being in public, and quite nervous, like they can't wait to leave.

Females will have blue eye shadow on one eye and pink on the other. Lips are drawn on way larger than the lips with a lip liner, same for eyebrows.
You've seen these folks. These are rather exaggerated examples, but I know you've seen them.
It's not however, a very common disorder. They typically stand out in a crowd, although this is the last thing they want.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think id rather be a plain criminal than ever get stuck being a mental case again...
The tag mental patient gets your rights and even your person erased immediately from recognition by anyone.
The first thing one notices being a mental patient, is that nobody addresses you personally or gives anything you may say any recognition.
If accompanied by a "sane " person, everyone inevitably asks the sane one" how is he feeling today? or any other question relating to your person.
You can be standing right there, it doesnt matter, all questions get addressed to the accompanying sane one.
The whole process of being labelled as having problems immediately removes any credibility or consideration for the nut case.
The nurses and doctors one interacts with when "crazy" have a habit of writing down conversations and off colour remarks made to them by the nut, and one finds thee innocent remarks being brought back up by others at a later date, and used to control or alter treatments etc.
Being a nut is all so arbitrary once declared it.
nothing will make a person more insane than the system fore dealing with you.
having had one brush with these idiot doctors and spying nurses in mjy life,(for no reason really)ive come to believe that there is nothing as insane as the system which deals with you

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

agreed, ive had aspergers all my life, and spent the first half of my life denying any medidicine they even offered.i was 9 refusing pills like my life depended on it, and didnt know why. later in life when i realize how the soft-kill works, and how it ropes you in to continuing with the medicine, because if you quit, your body no longer relies on its natural chemical secretions to keep thought processes stabile, and your body has turned off the ability to produce this chemical thanks to the meds.
the main thing is that for years i had doctors tell me that i would never have a normal life if i didnt take the meds, but to be honest, since when do they get to categorize my existance, and since when does normal=social grace and a productive job? i think with ration, and have 2 emotions. i would rather use my brain as the gift i deem it ti be while you humans (mostly) base all your decisions on emotion. someotimes i believe that a lot of pills are meant to dumb down people with "disorders" that a doctor would sell his soul for. if i wasnt so against killing i would join the damn miliatary, then i can kill people without any sort of guilt, as i dont know what guilt feels like. do you think if i joined said army that they would see my mental "disorder" as a hindrance? fat c hance, they would want more soldiers like me. not only can you carry out your actions without the human elemant of emotion, and have no real want to interact socially with other soldiers. i think aspergers becomes a problem when people realize how much of a threat we can become. seems these two mental disorders will draw battle lines if they are actually serious about it

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

It is true about odd speech, but not so true about the dress and make up. Besides I've known highly intelligent people who would dress ridiculous because their mind was working over time. Deniro in Taxi Driver is a good example of Schizotypal P.D.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

This is kind of a strange comment. So you are against killing for what reason if you can't empathize? Just because of the law? Is it a complete lack or just subdued? I didn't know that was a symptom of aspergers until just now, but It made me think of anti-social personality disorder, the preferred disorder of serial killers, which is also characterized by a lack of empathy. Not implying anything just noting.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Listen....

When someone calls me crazy out in public, I sincerely smile, bow ever so slightly, and say, "thank you!!"

The "crazies" are the ones who change the world. Without them, civilization would stifle, then implode.

Here's to the "crazies">>>>>>

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Here is the diagnostic criteria fro the DSM IV. As you will see, just like with every mental disorder, schizotypal personality disorder requires that it disrupt the person's day to day activities. Furthermore, since this is a personality disorder, there is no pill that will be prescribed.

A. A pervasive pattern of social and interpersonal deficits marked by acute discomfort with, and reduced capacity for, close relationships as well as by cognitive or perceptual distortions and eccentricities of behavior, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:
* ideas of reference (excluding delusions of reference)
* odd beliefs or magical thinking that influences behavior and is
* inconsistent with subcultural norms (e.g., superstitiousness, belief in clairvoyance, telepathy, or "sixth sense"; in children and adolescents, bizarre fantasies or preoccupations)
* unusual perceptual experiences, including bodily illusions
* odd thinking and speech (e.g., vague, circumstantial, metaphorical, overelaborate, or stereotyped)
* suspiciousness or paranoid ideation
* inappropriate or constricted affect
* behavior or appearance that is odd, eccentric, or peculiar
* lack of close friends or confidants other than first-degree relatives
* excessive social anxiety that does not diminish with familiarity and tends to be associated with paranoid fears rather than negative judgments about self

B. Does not occur exclusively during the course of Schizophrenia, a Mood Disorder With Psychotic Features, another Psychotic Disorder, or a Pervasive Developmental Disorder.

C. The disturbance is not due to the direct physiological effects of a substance (e.g., a drug of abuse, a medication) or a general medical condition.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Not Gonna lie... BUT..

It Pretty much sums us up.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Psychologists are stupid, I have a friend that studies psychology and before the course began they stated to the students that it is possible you will recognizes yourself in alot of mental ilnesses but don't be afraid.

That friend once had 4 of the 5 symptomps of a desease, she is the most normal balanced person I know. These guys have no clue what they are talking about.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

It's not that you have the symptoms, but that you see the symptoms in yourself. It's similar to how English majors see themselves in every book they read and they have to be trained to distance themselves from the characters and look at the book objectively. The most important diagnostic criteria of any psychological disorder is that the symptoms must impede with one's normal day to day activities. If you're able to live your life as you want it doesn't matter how many symptoms you think you have.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
My husband and I lost our son 2 years ago. I thought I was gonna lose my mind. I really had noone to talk to about it.

My husband was the same way. We could not talk to each other. It was the worst time of my life.
So, I go to a therapist, who puts me on several drugs to help me and I was so much worse.

Doctors do not realize the damage they do when they "diagnose"
Sometimes people just need to be depressed, grieve, go crazy or whatever for a short amount of time.
I stopped taking the meds. Sure enough, after the entire grieving process was over, I could function.
I never realized how much anger was there.
We are human, emotions do not require medication. This is where doctors make mistakes. Not everyone needs medication.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

not like that, its that i have no social abilities, ive had to study how people interact my entire life to figure out what emotions people are showing. its one reason people with aspergers have a hard time with sarcasm and get into arguments a lot. i am against killing because the people that want to label me as mentally unstable do this on a constant basis. im more like a deer, the deer does not try to be happy, it just is. the best thing is that depression to most individuas in this society is more like a boredom to us. far from a serial killer, i am just not normal, woohoo, i can still see the giant police state
edit on 12-12-2010 by GenerationXisMarching because: crossin i's dotting t's

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris

To be fair, you shouldn't have been diagnosed with depression. The last of its diagnostic criteria states that a person who is grieving is not depressed, unless they have been unable to function at all for a period of two months.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
[more
I agree that everyone is Schyzotypal; definitely those who aren't are of the abnormal kind and perhaps should be tracked, monitored and captured; oh but then again either group is open to that kind of abuse, so it doesn't really matter what you are. Of course, it's possible I can fall into either category depending on who wants to know.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationXisMarching

Yeah like I said I didn't mean to imply anything I know there are plenty of differences between the two disorders I just thought it was interesting as it was the first time I'd heard about the empathy thing and that mentioned in the same breath with war and killing lead me down that train of thought. Lack of empathy alone shouldn't lead anyone to that, people with antisocial p.d. also have trouble telling right from wrong, and there are a lot of delusions going on there.
I was just curious that's all. I'd be really curious to see what it would be like to switch off a couple of emotions. how different would I be as a person If i'd lived without them. Interesting stuff. Thanks for replying.
edit on 12-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join