It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would like to hear your experience:OoBe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hello Ats

My name is Kris and Ive never had an out of body experience. Though Ive heard lots of stories and seen documentaries about them. I find them very fascinating, and the stories should be spread to increase awareness about what happens to the soul when it is lifted from the body.

Like I said Ive never had an OoBE but Im a big believer in life after death and spirituality is my view on life. I have a silly story of somethign that reminded me of OoBE but doesnt compare
I was with my girlfriend, watching a movie in bed... she fell asleep on me lol so I turned off the TV. There was zero sound in the room, and my eyes were tired. So I sat there in a 'upright' position against the headboard of my bed in complete darkness + silence. As I sat there focusing on nothing and hearing nothing I wasnt aware of my surroundings or anything, I had this feeling of meditation. A sensation where I felt that my awareness or my mind was above my head. I sat there for 30 minutes in a trance, and then began to think "WO this is odd!"
So I was focusing on "waking up my body" and I did.

Awake I felt refreshed or renewed i guess ? Just felt better then 'tired eyed' haha
I woke up Kelly and told her about the sensation and trance my mind was just in ...

Prior to this tiny experience I had been a firm beliver of the higher concious of the mind and spirituality. This little exp. jsut increased my belief a bit

Sorry for the off topic
Anyways I would like to ask you to share your experince, and id there was ANY dialogue between you and another being or higher concious PLEASE state this

Love to all
Kelliott

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a few weeks ago i was lying on my couch, and soon after found myself floating several feet off the cushion...it kinda freaked me out, and i slammed back down into my body....didn't hear anything, but felt very peaceful.

You got me?!?!

be good

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I had one just this morning to be exact!

yeah, I was sleeping off and on this morning, before the sun got up. Any time that I have Oobe/sleep paralysis leading to AP, it is almost always during the day. I think this is the best time for it to happen. Once you've gotten the tired "sleepy eyes" out of the way. When you're rested, and you awake, early in the morning is the best time for this. I was asleep, then I realized I was sleeping, my eyes were opened (i think) if they weren't opened, then, maybe I was just able to see through my lids at that particular moment... anyways, so yeah, I'm sleeping, and become aware that I was dreaming, but all I saw was my room.

I lifted my right hand up, and saw that it was my soul. My soul was clear, and this has happened to me before.

I didn't feel the presence of anyone else, except for my boyfriend, who was with me at the time. I knew he could see me, even though, I think he too was dreaming?

I saw my arm, and then, it kinda disintegrated, like it didn't want me to see it, maybe, I got too excited, and didn't want to see it go away like it did last time, before I could separate from my body. I woke up, so I never got a chance to fully AP.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I've been practicing meditation and experimenting with binaural beats for about three years now. I have had several experiences where I felt weightless and outside of my body. I am suspicious that out-of-body experiences are a type of lucid dream (although technically not if you aren't aware you're dreaming). At least one of my experiences was a definite lucid dream, since I was witness to things that didn't actually happen. I'm still practicing, and have since developed tests for myself to confirm whether I am dreaming or not. Since I have come up with the tests, I have not had an oobe

Good luck to you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
um i took melatonin when i did this,if any one could comment if melatonin effects OBEs, that would be great.

i felt a tingling sensation, like super goosebumps, intense heat, sweating, trouble breathing, paralysis. Them boom, my mind went blank, all colors went contrast, i started floating, and somehow rotated my body to my left and saw myself laying on my bed, then I realized that something was'nt normal and slammed back down. I forced myself to shake the paralysis and open my eyes.

I dont know what I did but I was freaked out.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hey there Kris!

I've had a few experiences myself, all after I first heard about astral projection and downloaded a torrent file with dozens and dozens of books and articles on the subject, including how-to guides. After reading some of these, I started following the steps and suggestions to induce oobe's.

For the first week and a half, all that really happened was that I was starting to dream much more vividly and clearly, with about 4 lucid dreams in that time-frame. During one of those lucid dreams, I had my first experience.

As I became lucid in my dream, I shouted out in my head "I am now having an OBE!!!"

Immediately, I was awake, but with a very huge pulsating beat I could hear and feel rippling through my body. I also could hear a high pitched buzzing/humming noise, and I felt very light and awkward. Just as the pulsating beats were starting to get overwhelming (and a little scary too), I thought about my arm (I was sleeping on my side, with my head on my pillow and my arm underneath it), as it had no circulation and was uncomfortable. Instantly, I opened my eyes and was totally aware in my body. The only thing that really was amazing besides that pulsating beat and noise, was that I had been able to "sense-see" my room with my eyes closed.

Because this kind of spooked me out, I thought maybe I wasn't ready to start heading in that direction, plus I had a new girlfriend, so I stopped trying to induce them for the next few months.

After a few months (and a badly-ended relationship), I had a lucid dream, and induced myself into this weird semi-conscious/dreaming state, where I was in my astral body, walking around my house; but at the same time, I felt like I was still dreaming, and was aware that I might still be dreaming.

Weird nonetheless.

Both those experiences happened towards the end of my sleep, probably 6 hours after I first shut my eyes.

I recently had my third experience while I was having a nap in the middle of the afternoon- just last week actually.

I was having a dream, (I always dream when I nap
), and became lucid in this dream. Again, I declared my intention to have an OBE, and I found in that semi-conscious state, with my whole body buzzing and pulsating at a very high frequency. I was laying flat on my back (I usually meditate then nap), and I felt my body become super light and full of energy.

I then focused all my thoughts and energy on "lifting" up from my body, and I felt my "light-body" being lifted up, as if I was slowly sitting up from my laying-down position. As this happened, I felt, saw, and was surrounded by a terrifically warm, soothing, and amazingly bright white light. This was the last thing I remember clearly; from then on, all I remember is a bunch of rapid random thought-experiences, almost as if I had 100 dreams in the span of a few minutes (it could have been seconds, I honestly have no clue), before waking up.

So what I wold suggest to you, if you want to start trying to have OBE's, is to start recording your dreams in a notebook every morning when you wake up. Read your dreams as often as you can, especially before you go to bed. Then, when you go to bed and as you are falling asleep, consciously tell yourself that you are going to have an OBE.

If your dreams become lucid, then shout out loud in your head "I am now having an Out of Body Experience" as confidently and positively as you can.

If you find yourself in any kind of meditative state after this, or at any other time (even when you are falling asleep), imagine yourself physically walking around a familiar room (I always think of the living room beside my bedroom) in as vivid of detail as possible. Imagine and feel every single sense you can- touch, taste, smell, sight, and sound. If you feel or hear any kind of strange pulsations or noise- encourage them mentally, and most importantly- do not be afraid. Nothing bad can happen to you!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have stood to the side of my body on a stretcher in hospital watching myself unconcious but whether this was an obe or hallucination I dont know.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Last night I could not get to project.
But I had the most wonderful experience yet.
I have lucid dreams all the time and really lucid, but this one was just unbelievable.
I suddenly realised I was dreaming and I was with someone else who told me he was also dreaming.
I told him, "thats it! I have done it! I now know!" it was as if I finally found the other dimension or something.
I could touch the air, it was weird, I could feel the particles and could see numbers everywhere.
I dont know, but I felt as if I had crossed to the centre of the matrix or something.
The guy who was with me was lost and told me he didnt know his way back, I said "why do you want to go back?"
I woke up. I cant forget about it. I am baffled today.
I mean this was different.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Wow great post my friend
You seem to be confident in your OBE's. alot of people (including myself) are sketchy of Oobe.. I have no idea why this is and when I have a lucid I just go with it. I dont try to do anything unnatural in a sense.

I was telling my father about this post and he told me he is a frequent lucid dreamer. He said just this week he "Finally" was able to fly off the ground. It took place at his old house where his mother (my grandmother) passed away.. sounded very cool. I told him about your experience and the way you try and have an oobe, he says he will give it a try

Goodluck on your future attempts of exploring out of the body

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

very interesting Dr comsa
you seem as you enjoyed your experience too, were your afraid at all ?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Kelliott

No actually I was not scared at all.
Yes, I enjoyed it very much but I have a feeling that same experience wont happen again, simply because I want it to happen again so much! lol
There have been many times i've been scared in dreams, lucid nightmares, you get used to it after a while.
I have learned most of the time it's due to fatigue and state of being, state of the mind at that moment, your emotional state.
Thats why people adivise meditation, and it is true, it is the way.
To compleatley relax the body and mind takes alot of work.
Alot of people want to try and project straight away but dont realise that they have not prepared properly.
It was a great experience, I can even remember the guy who was also dreaming, the colour of his hair, his clothes, the lot.

EDIT: Just to add a little experience I had when I was younger. I dont know if you ever done this with your friends, which DO NOT TRY THIS if you have not.
We used to bear hug each other until we passed out. Very stupid. But anyway, one Christmas I was with the family and my one of my uncles was fooling around and we decided to do the bearhug thing. He picked me up and sqeezed me, I fainted. Last thing I remember was looking at him.
Now comes the weird part, whilst I was out, I was conscious. It was really weird, the reason im writing about this is, is because I could see numbers also everywhere. This time it was just numbers and a very loud noise, like that noise the fax makes, that screech.
When I woke up I was on the floor and my uncle was slapping me on my face.
Even though I was only gone for seconds, at the same time it felt I was gone forever, but it didnt also, it was messed up. Numbers.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think I got close last night. I had my eyes closed and I was laying in bed. I was settling down to relax and attempt to have one. I got into a fairly decent meditative state, then a white light started shining through my eyelids (though my eyes were rolled a bit back and I'm not sure how I saw it through my eyelids). Soon after I was focusing on a high pitched noise that seemed to be coming from right behind my ears. Then I felt "myself" vibrating (not physically) and it was almost like I was being tossed around or pushing hard one way then the next to "get out", then a low rumbling started on top of the high pitched. Unfortunately that was when my girlfriend moved and swiped her foot against mine and brought me out of that state. Nonetheless it seemed like I was on the right track from what I've heard and will attempt again tonight. Good luck to you mate, I hope you get there. The best way I've found is to just go with it. You already know how to, you just have to not be afraid.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

hmm.. your bearhug thing ? you passed out and said you seen numbers .. are you a mathmetician, or scientist? have you dealt a lot with numbers in your time ? Ive never heard about people seeing numbers, maybe its part of your perspective on something ?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Acedrew89

very cool
better luck next time !

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The most important advice, according to the OBE material i've read, is that when you are in such a state, EVERYTHING is thought-responsive. This is why you have to "think" your way around. It is also why as soon as you think of your physical body, you instantly find yourself in it and back to your regular consciousness.

For instance, as soon as you are "out of body", you are supposed to say something along the lines of "clarity now!" or "I now see clearly", and the haze will go away. You can also explore the "astral" world by declaring things such as "I now move inwards", or "I now see my spiritual guide", or "I move into the next level of light"; your entire astral reality is at your own whim.

Apparently, you can also command your experience to do stuff such as relive past-life moments, see into the future, meet your own guide, connect with your "higher self", and even experience the creator/divine consciousness itself.

Stuff like that really puts the will at least in my own mind to try and become proficient at it

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nope. Im neither and have never worked with numbers.
I know, I have not talked to anyone who has had that same experience, as in the numbers part.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Once I passed out in my bathroom. I just heard voices in other languages talking all around me and a man calling my name... and sort of have this weird flash memory burned into my mind of looking down at myself from above, laying on some kind of stone block or slab or something. Idk. it was probably six or eight years ago that this happened, so I dont remember anything else

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, just always considered it some kind of near death or out of body experience...

new topics

top topics

join