It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flouride

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Ok, lets get this straight, I have toothpaste, and it contains flouride, and it cleans my teeth. Why must it be in the water? To catch all those naughty people who don't use toothpaste? I have been only drinking bottled water, and I have noticed a difference, I feel less "white" less like a "blank canvas" - my imagination seems to be growing, that area of darkness at the back of my mind is increacing, and my mind is taking over. I don't "see" as much as I used to, I now just see through my own mind. This flouride thing has been affecting all of our minds, since the time we have been growing up as children. Think carefully, what is your gut reaction, your reaction might be either "crazy conspiracy" or you might have some kind of suspicion about it but not really "believe" it or try to take the step. How about the logic, can you beat the toothpaste arguement, its common sense isn't it? They introduced the flouride, either to dump waste chemicals or to weaken the human will and corrupt the brain, and then in order to justify it, they mentioned that it cleans the teeth. All of a sudden our teeth were the most important things, why dont they sell little flouride pouches that can be mixed with water instead, why must it be added to the drinking supply?
edit on 12/12/10 by masqua because: removed all caps in title

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

I have seen NO DIFFERENCE, from when I was a child, and drank tap water all of the time. In Los Angeles!!! Where a lot of fluoridation occurred.

My mind, if anything, was much, much sharper as a kid...all through my teens, into early twenties, thirties....in the forties? Well, like everyone, things tend to slow down. AND, like most (Americans at least) I've been drinking bottled (or filtered) water since, mostly...well, since it became the "norm"....when was that, anyone remember? ( In fact, most of my "water" is consumed from other sources...foods and other beverages. Beer, too!
).

When was it that the "soft drink industry" realized what a money-making scam they had going, there??? I'd say, off-hand, was about the same time that clear plastic beverage containers were invented, and began to become all the rage....AND, if I also recall, there were some clever marketing ploys (anyone remember the "first" bottled water company? EVIAN. BIG selling point? "Imported". Exotic. "Natural". Etc. Oh, and "evian"? is "naive" spelled backwards, isn't it??) So, I will (from memory) peg this transition to around the early 1980s, or so....after the horrid 70s (and "Disco"....*>shudder

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Flouride calcifies and reduces the function of the pineal gland it may not be about healthy teeth but dumbing down the masses and retarding spiritual development.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

At first bottled water was expensive, however I now get the big 10 litre casks of water, even the cheap "home" brand is ok as long as it is genuine spring water. I have only really noticed the effect of the water over the last few years, I think that it works slowly over time. Its hard to explain, if it is blocking our perceptions then it is really hard to "remember" how things used to feel like, or the level of depth of experience and emotions that we once used to have. I remember the bottled water phenomenon as well, at the time I also thought it was stupid, people could just pour tap water into containers. I have some old plastic drinking bottles at home, and they have a definite plastic "smell" to them, and as a child I remember when drinking from the cheaper bottles, there was almost a plastic taste. We also had a cryptosporidum/Giardia (apologies for spelling) threat in our drinking water, that sparked a "water purifier" kind of trend. Flouride is a poison, but for some reason is has not really taken as much media attention, probably due to the fact that there is a lot of money behind it, as well as the medial profession of dentists. However, the arguement is still there, we have toothpaste, why the flouride?
edit on 11-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Are there any actual scientific studies regarding what fluoride does to one's mental health or physical health beyond the "fluoride helps with calcium and keeps your teeth healthy". I see these threads all the time with claims that it is dumbing down the populace or it keeps people acting like sheeple or whatever.

So, I'm interested to know if there is actual science behind these claims, and if so, please link to the study. I grew up on well water, and honestly I couldn't say I can tell a difference, though it wouldn't necessarily have to affect everyone for it to be real.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I think you might have been "talked" into thinking (and believing) this...sorry.

Psychosomatic is the term. Too many "conspiracy" websites, like the ones that claim all these nasty things about "fluoride"...when the majority of their claims? Not fact-based, nor based on any science.

Welcome to the "Internet Era"!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
First off, it's Fluoride, not flouride. And most toothpast contines fluorine (non-ionized)

Fluoride works in a number of ways to inhibit your aggression, impulse, and overall drive in life.

F- ion (Fluoride) decreases I- trapping in your thyroid, lowering T3/T4 (thyroid hormones) which increase your overall catabolism and CNS/Brain function. Hypothyroid patients are overall sluggish and lethargic (which could occur with high enough amounts of fluoride ion).

Fluoride ion can also go through neuron channels in your brain like Cl- (Chloride), if you look at the periodic table they are in the same column and therefore very chemically similar. Cl- and F- can both go through inhibitory brain neurons, and suppress the CNS.

This is just an overview, so I can see how the calm, sedating effects (your 'White') may be turning 'Dark' by not having fluoride by making you more aggressive and excitable. This just describes the neuro-inhibitory effects, there are also toxicological effects.

Check out some anti-depressants (make you feel more lax and happy), notice lot's of Fluorine atoms. Google image search Prozac for example, aka Flu-oxetine

commons.wikimedia.org...:Fluoxetine_structure.svg

There are studies (this one in rats shows increased oxidation/toxicity of rat brains with F- exposure)Rat brain Fluoride effects

More molecule fun, isoflurane, one of the most used drugs in anesthesia

edit on 11-12-2010 by BenIndaSun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That is true in many respects, However, my mind itself is plagued by many things, things like flourescent lights, especially in shopping malls, and modern television camera techniques. I usually just feel like constantly caged in by something, something that has been reducing my capacity for emotional expression, preventing me from feeling things as deeply as I used to. I think I want to try and isolate any external variables, starting with food and water, and then wait to see how things have changed. There is a kind of feeling, its like a "dense" feeling that I have, and when I have it I feel comfortable being myself, however, when this sort of high-intensity feeling occurs, its like my mind becomes obsessed about what other people are thinking, and as if everyone is trying to invade my thoughts. Its hard to explain, but im convinced its the flouride, television, additives, and electomagnetic frequencies, whether directly as a part of a "conspiracy" or indirectly as a reflection of our artificial soceity.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The irony here folks, is that it costs MORE to get toothpaste WITHOUT flouride.

You would think if it's the WONDER CHEMICAL that whittens teeth and HAS to be in EVERYTHING, it would be WORTH something, right? NO, because it must have a negative value as it actually COSTS MORE to NOT HAVE it in your toothpaste.

On top of that, I read the box of toothpaste without flouride, and IT COMPLAINS about the fact there is no flouride in it, suggesting that fringe conspiracy theorists have invented some CRAZZZY plot and it went VIRAL, so now the poor toothpaste manufacturers have to produce toothpaste WITHOUT it.

/me goes crazy.. .safiasnfiasf WTF!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

Dam, I had a feeling that I was spelling it incorrectly. Anyway, are there any other such chemicals, I know of MSG (after some meals at Chinese resturants I almost literally feel high/relaxed like dozing off). Do you know of any of the other common chemicals involved in emotional/hormonal suppression? I think the thing with these chemicals is that they are so commonplace, and their effects are so subtle, that it takes a highly objective mind to really be able to notice that they were having any effect. For example, when having alchohol, its effects are remarkably more pronounced when one does not realise that alchohol makes one "drunk". The same can go with additives to water and food - we will simply change our behaviours, without knowing what caused the change. I strongly suspect that electromagnetic frequencies affect our finer emotional states and mental perceptions. Not to mention the insane amount of control that occurs on television. We have grown up with it, it has literally shaped our personalities, to attack it would be like carving a chunk out of our own sense of self-identification.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
you people who think by drinking bottled water are "returning to normal" are dilusional.

www.bottledwater.org...

and if you think you are doing yourself a favor by drinking the fiji water instead guess again

Fiji Water does not contain chlorine, but it does contain approximately 0.26mg of naturally occurring fluoride per liter.
According to the Glaceau website, all fluoride and chlorine is removed from Smart Water via vapor distillation.

so it would seem that the only water I've been able to find without fluoride is the smart water. but they aren't required to disclose that info anyway

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

Dam, I had a feeling that I was spelling it incorrectly. Anyway, are there any other such chemicals, I know of MSG (after some meals at Chinese resturants I almost literally feel high/relaxed like dozing off). Do you know of any of the other common chemicals involved in emotional/hormonal suppression?

MSG is just ground up bone

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Being tired after eating a meal is caused more by fatty foods, and it can happen with any food in high enough amount. A lot of your blood shunts to your intestines to absorb the calories/nutrients, the brain is not of most importance and receives less blood when your digesting a meal.

MSG, mono-sodium-glutamate if anything would be excitatory. Na+ (sodium ion) is excitatory, and glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter although I'm not sure how the body processes it. I have heard that it makes you feel full and thirstier, as salt would, NaCl.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

Really? I heard it was naturally occurring in sea-weed. I don't know really, the spring water I have does not show fluoride in its nutritional information, however it does show chloride.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What your describing here is the effect of the hormone insulin, which tends to spike in response to a large amount of glucose or FFA's, and certain amino acids like leucine.

Originally posted by BenIndaSun

Being tired after eating a meal is caused more by fatty foods, and it can happen with any food in high enough amount. A lot of your blood shunts to your intestines to absorb the calories/nutrients, the brain is not of most importance and receives less blood when your digesting a meal.

MSG, mono-sodium-glutamate if anything would be excitatory. Na+ (sodium ion) is excitatory, and glutamate is an excitatory neurotransmitter although I'm not sure how the body processes it. I have heard that it makes you feel full and thirstier, as salt would, NaCl.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ok here's a GREAT question.

Do our military men and women drink water that has fluoride in it? If the military adds it for the soldiers you can bet that it doesn't make people docile, as that would be counter productive for military personnel. Contrarily, if soldiers have water that is conspicuously absent of fluoride then it would be likely that thoughts regarding fluoride and docility would be accurate.
edit on 11-12-2010 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

link   

I guess the only way to really be safe is to stick to vegetables and every so often lean meat, plenty of exercise, both the body, the mind, and the imagination. Perhaps its just gone out of control with all the sugar, preservatives and flavour additives. But I guess that its what the people desire...

link   

All or most bottled water is fluoridated as well. The only way to avoid it is through well water, or through buying a fluoride filter. Bottled water instead has BPA's and chemicals that leach into your water from the plastic process, pick your poison.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

That is a good arguement. They have done many experiments with soliders, trying to find out what chemicals can enhance thier instincts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join