It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to Deny the Spirit

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

Atheism is intellectually dishonest and does not follow the vanguard of the human thinking.
The concept of God is much more complex than that. You don't know what you lack belief in. There is no self-awareness and foundation in the atheist doctrine, and I will explain you why.
God is not an outsider, he's part of us, and part of the Universe.
We need God to have something to aim for, and to trace back the source of divinity within ourselves, removing God from our awareness would transform into empty drones, and end up our evolution.
There would be no morals or conscious behaviour, because technically, there would be no rite or wrong.
Atheism refuse the metaphysical and quantum aspects of the Universe, and even if that was true, which is not, our minds need freedom to learn & explore.
edit on 14-12-2010 by _SilentAssassin_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I dare say, perhaps if we believe we can fly we can sprout wings too?

When I waited for God to prove Himself to me, I found nothing. But when I decided to test the scriptures and seek God, I found everything.

The significance is, if you do not know which religion is right, and you have stigmata, then you know which is.
edit on 14-12-2010 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

That's because there's almost a billion bible-thumpers out there. It is a collective spiritual experience. The fact that you experienced stigmata is because you opened your mind to the collective spiritual understanding of millions of people. It is far from the only path, however, and also happens to be extremely linear.

Should your spirit be guided by somebody who instructs you? By a textbook?

I don't think so. Maybe it is a good way to start your spiritual journey, to understand some concepts, but spiritualism itself is infinite and what modern religion preaches is not in the interest of your spirit, but in the interest of the survival of the religion (and the retainment of power of the religious elite).

Atheism is intellectually dishonest and does not follow the vanguard of the human thinking.
The concept of God is much more complex than that. You don't know what you lack belief in.
We need God. Removing God from our awareness would transform into empty drones, and end up our evolution.
We need God to have something to aim for, and to trace back the source of divinity within ourselves.

God is not what is needed at all.

How can someone claim that God is what people need? Most God-fearing people don't even know God by his name, Yehweh. And what makes God exclusive to humanity when more people believe in Allah? Obviously they are the same thing, but religious people segregate themselves and create religious tension and wars (Crusades anyone? Al Qaeda?).

What people need is the freedom to explore their spiritual situation for themselves. Most people do not have this.

Most people grow up, and are raised from birth to follow suit in a specific religion and to assume anything else is wrong. Most countries ban mind-expanding drugs, so a lot of people either don't have the opportunity or are afraid to explore their own conscience and to make spiritual decisions for themselves. This also leads to atheism too, because people just say "f*ck it all" and live day to day like drones.

But make no mistake, modern organized religion also produces drones. They require zealots who will lead their faith without question, to carry out what needs to be done in order to promote the survivability of their religion in a world where religion is dissipating.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

I didn't want instruction; in my heart of hearts I wanted to do my own thing I guess--I think most people are rebels who do not want to obey authorities blindly. But I asked God to lead me in the direction closest to Him and I experienced stigmata. I also come from a non-Christian background, and at the time of the stigmata learned things about the crucifixion I did not read or hear about before. Yet after I experienced things I looked it up and my stigmata experience was accurate.

It is said in scriptures that the human heart thinks of evil constantly, that many humans are proud and don't seek instruction, that spirits can and do lie, and that God allows those who love not the truth to be deceived. Suppose all those things are true: then that means that all the conflicting things people learn about the spirit realm could be lies. Many people think they are morally superior to God, and say they would rather go to Hell than obey Him: if they get exactly what they ask for, is God the evil one? He allows people have time to change their minds: I used to mock Christians before I became one. He allows people to either seek the truth for themselves or reject it completely (or proudly wait for Him to seek them rather than the other way around).

I think there's a fairly good reason people are warned not to dabble in the occult: where they think they're learning hidden spiritual truths, they could just as easily be misled, which is why you're instructed to test the spirits. You may think there are pluralistic ways to reach God--hopefully that's true; I do not wish Hell on anybody. But I'd rather take the narrow way and be sure I'm not separated from God in the end, and that requires trust in His Son and discipline in keeping the commandments.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I understand what you mean but lets consider that our natural curiosity and imagination has created myths of things we don't or at that time didn't understand. I have had a supernatural experience regarding spirts of two people who had just died but I did not know it. These strangers of ghostly gray and muted colors rose to the right upwards into a bright light.

True story which I will soon post..... but because their electromagnetic residual energy traveled to another dimension I don't consider it "Godly"

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

I don't think any human can understand God. It's pretty much a given that His ways are not our own.

It's best not to let curiosity kill the cat, as they say.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

If TPTB are supposed to be destroying religion, why is it that every President of the United States is a die hard Christian, often time pushing their beliefs publicly and even using God as a justification for war?

I hear that, friend. A candidate must profess to me a good Christian before consideration for public office. This concept has always somewhat escaped me, for a good Christian would not have done the things, I am talking about George W. Bush here, who used a Presidential edict to further his oil soaked sinister agenda. Law by Edict. Not Constitutional. Not even legal until GWBs LAWYERS altered the edicts so they would appear legal. Carl Rove was a big man here, and Dick Cheney was the man in charge. There were the fascists who open this Pandora's box and let out the monster. We the People are going to have to STOP looking at a person's RELIGION when deciding whether or not to vote for him or her.

The enemy of religion is critical thinking.

I think the enemy of religion is religion itself. Going about for years attempting to convert everyone within visible sight to their way of thinking doesn't make a lot of sense. I mean, look at the advancements in Archaeology and Science, and Astrophysics. We the People know a great many things now, in this time, we only need open our eyes, and we will see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Re Silent Assasin

You wrote:

"Atheism is intellectually dishonest and does not follow the vanguard of the human thinking.
The concept of God is much more complex than that. You don't know what you lack belief in. There is no self-awareness and foundation in the atheist doctrine, and I will explain you why."

This is a mix of assumptions, propaganda and insuffient knowledge, which possibly could give meaning to a believer, but few else.

Quote:

"God is not an outsider, he's part of us, and part of the Universe."

You need to demonstrate that. I'm not even sure e.g. all christians would agree with you, if it comes to that.

Quote:

"We need God to have something to aim for, and to trace back the source of divinity within ourselves, removing God from our awareness would transform into empty drones, and end up our evolution."

Speak for yourself.

Quote:

"There would be no morals or conscious behaviour, because technically, there would be no rite or wrong."

You mean YOUR right and wrong.

Quote:

"Atheism refuse the metaphysical and quantum aspects of the Universe, and even if that was true, which is not, our minds need freedom to learn & explore."

While you may be partly right on the metaphysical aspect concerning atheists, christians are in a much worse situation. The deform and twist metaphysics, so it fits into their holy bubbles. (I'm a metaphysicist myself, and usually don't mind atheists, who are more intellingent, knowledgeable an openminded than fundies).

As to quantum mechanics. Don't believe everything you read in 'Popular Science' or 'The christian's guide to easy science'.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Re 547000

You wrote:

"It is said in scriptures that the human heart thinks of evil constantly, that many humans are proud and don't seek instruction, that spirits can and do lie, and that God allows those who love not the truth to be deceived."

And the cure is mindless grovelling to a schizoid pretender-god. Personally I'll take my chances with something else.

Quote:

"Suppose all those things are true: then that means that all the conflicting things people learn about the spirit realm could be lies."

That would certainly include the bibles then.

Quote:

"Many people think they are morally superior to God,...."

That really isn't a difficult thing to be. That is, if there IS a 'god' like described in the bibles, and not just some insane astral entity.

Quote:

"and say they would rather go to Hell than obey Him: if they get exactly what they ask for, is God the evil one?"

Again that is, if there is a hell. For the rest of the sentence; for D-g's sake do something about your semantics and logic. This is a double-bind, you're presenting.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by The Djin

Genesis So God created man in his [own] image, in the image of God created he him;

So there you go bearing in mind the bald ape was given the instruction by said sky god not to remove his beard.

And where does it say that "in his own image" refers to the physical looks of God? After all, we all look different, don't we? Which one of us looks the most like God?

Or is it maybe possible that "in his own image" is a bit more metaphorical, referring perhaps (just as one possible speculation) to the idea that the Universe itself is self-aware, and we are independent, self-aware beings, basically a "spiritual microcosm" of the Universe itself?

The alternative is that the Universe is an unconscious inanimate system, all the basic building blocks are inanimate, but somehow put that stuff together in the right configuration and you get a consciousness capable of experience. Good luck coming up with a theory of how that works.

I'll take a stab at it.
Sacred Geometry.

The strands of our DNA, the cornea of our eye, snow flakes, pine cones, flower petals, diamond crystals, the branching of trees, a nautilus shell, the star we spin around, the galaxy we spiral within, the air we breathe, and all life forms as we know them emerge out of timeless geometric codes. The designs of exalted holy places from the prehistoric monuments at Stonehenge and the Pyramid of Khufu at Giza, to the world's great cathedrals, mosques, and temples are based on these same principles of sacred geometry. As far back as Greek Mystery schools 2500 years ago it was taught that there are five perfect 3-dimensional forms - the tetrahedron, hexahedron, octahedron, dodecahedron, and icosahedron ... collectively known as the Platonic Solids; and that these form the foundation of everything in the physical world.
www.sacred-geometry.com...

Let us look at eh Big Picture. Using sacred geometry, see yourself as the beginning of a creative process. A circle. Now form a second circle over and attached to the first cause. Like this image:

Now do this again. And again. Do you see? The process is never ending, and produces some of the most beautiful things one has ever seen.
www.sacred-geometry.com...

Reality is a computer generated hologram in which the characters it creates are programmed to believe it is real.
Reality is a game of illusion, delusion, perception and deception.
Reality is about the evolution of consciousness in the alchemy of time.
Reality is about learning.
You can see it all around you, everywhere, as the grids that maintain and keep stable our physical reality are collapsing. Along with this we are witnessing the collapse of economic, political, social, and religious systems. Natural disasters are accelerating exponentially allowing souls to understand everything is changing. We are running out of Time, that which holds the illusion in place.
In the 4th Dimension, the Kingdom of the Dead, there is no concept of time. The 4th Dimension is the one slightly above your head when you stand up. the 5th dimension is higher than that, and so one and so on. The higher Realms cannot be reached by ordinary humans, we are held down here by a force known as Gravity.

Now as Original Creation expanded outward, and the physical Universe is always expanding, right? Some thing there may come a time when the process stops, and then reverses itself, but I do not ascribe to that particular concept myself. I think, (my theory here) that First Cause was an Energy Field that became Aware. "In the Beginning there was the Word." The Intelligence spoke: "I AM." That, dear friends, it what we are supposed to ultimately do. First we have to realize that we are God/Goddesses in our own right. We are high born Beings infused with Divine Energy, but it's like compressed like a zip file would be. Waiting.

"Every Eye shall See."
This sentence means a lot to me. The way I see it, probably a bit different from most everyone else here, is that there will come a time, (that "time" word again!) when our so called "Third Eye," or Pineal Glad will open, and will allow your inbred Telepathy to come to bear. You will e able to "see" by stretching our your mind to Higher Dimensions and a closer view of First Cause. First is the awakening, the stage in which one begins to have at least some consciousness of absolute or Divine Reality. The second stage is one of purgation, which is characterized by an awareness of one's own imperfections. It is the Purging Process, in which all former "Beliefs," and "Faith," ends, while a new concept begins, Instead of "beliefs," you now have "The Knowing." Instead of having "faith," you now have, "The Knowing.
The third stage, Illumination, is one reached by artists and visionaries, and the Hidden Hand behind World Government, as well as being the final stage of some mystics. It is clearly marked by a consciousness of a transcendent order, and a vision of a new Earth.

The Knowing is First Cause in the Physical World, while The Knowing in the Spiritual World is that which we call "God," or "Goddess." To me those two words bespeak of a Divine Knowledge, or a hearty I AM! I think anyone who goes this far has this epiphany, I know I did.

Now for the scary part. pay attention here. The Powers That Be are there already. They have known these things for many years now, and they practice it. You see? It doesn't matter what name you call upon as your Ultimate Creator, all that matters is that you have an understanding of First Cause. They have met, and have the knowledge of the beings I will speak of next. they are using what they know to try and kill all of us, while they rule over the Earth in a new Atlantis. TPTB practice Dark Magick, and they cast spells, and they know well the Wheel, and how to manipulate it, and they know how to manipulate time itself, so they can alter reality on a whim.

It pays to know one's enemy, friends.

The "Shining Ones."
The Shining Ones appear in many myths and cultures by different names and descriptions, but always as Gods/Goddesses or Creative Forces of light. They are generally described as tall ethereal beings. Some view them as aliens, or extraterrestrials.

Chapters of Coming Forth By Day: "Behold, oh ye shining ones, ye men and gods..."Chapter 134 - 15/17; "Behold, oh ye shining ones, ye men and gods..." - Chapter 134 - 15/17

www.crystalinks.com...

This is often repeated, not only in Pslams, but in Hermetic Knowledge also:

There are several arguments against comingling the Hermetic injunction, “Know ye not that ye are gods,” with the reference “Ye are gods,” in Psalm 82. First, most Biblical scholars tend to believe that the Psalms reference is really critiquing those mortal men who have come to see themselves as gods–noting that they will die, just like men. Rather than man’s inherent divinity, this reference seems to most readers to point to man’s hubristic assumption of godly roles. Second, this specific passage of Psalms uses “gods” – elohim (אלהים) in Hebrew. While elohim is generally another name for God, the fact that it is a plural form has been interpreted in many ways, including “kings,” “angels,” or, commonly, “judges.”

secretsofthelostsymbol.wordpress.com...

The way I see it, we are all God and Goddesses in training here, some of us are children, some are young adults, some are wise elders, but we are all in the School of Life. The accumulation of knowledge over time can make one thing funny things, sometimes. One will always come to a point when they know just who they are, and I remember well when this happened to me.

When I was about 17, I had a slight "vision," I guess you would call it, it describes a time when all physical reality stops, and everything is silent except that which you are experiencing. I was standing on a precipice on top of a high mountain. Before me I could see a black, or dark blue field, and I could see the top half of the Sun, Sol, poking up, and i could see the planets of our solar system in orbit around the Sun. It was a wondrous sight, but it gets better. As the planets grandly swept around the Sun each make a musical note, and together they were a symphony of music like I have never heard, it was like a Celestial Choir. As time went on, I saw this many times, and never could figure out why. About three time within a year I would see this vision of the worlds.

A few years ago, I am 57 now, there came a time when I again saw it...the vision. Again, as always, there I stood watching. As I again watched, as I had so many time before, I suddenly realized that if I chose to do so, I could just reach out there and touch just one planet, and all would be destroyed, they would crash into each other and end it all. The music would be stopped. I drew my hand under my arms, a little frightened at the thought of destroying such a fine and well tuned machine. I was immediately back in reality, and the vision never happened after that. It was a test, you see.

I think the "Created in our own image" is a metaphor, for in Sacred Geometry each circle is the same as the last, it is the end result that makes a beautiful flower.

edit on 12/14/10 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
kallisti36,

In the year 1600 the letters "G-O-D" didn't mean squat in the English language.

Do ya know how the letters "G-O-D" came to mean a religious head in the English language?

Those letters were pulled from someone's rear and they created a new word to signify a religious head.

Why? Why didn't they just use the old scrolls and use the word off of that to call him?

Organized Religion...making up crap to con men for Centuries.

www.bibleanswerstand.org...

Follow the link and read both pages. The letters "G-O-D" truly were pulled from someone's rear making up a new word, @1610-ish.
edit on 14-12-2010 by Pervius because: linky

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
wow... great OP. absolutely amazing.

i must concur. i find it sad how christianity has been smeared and does not even resemble that which it was meant to.. i'm not a fan of organized religion, although i have found the church that suites me, because well they keep the sabbath holy, and to me is the only true sign of a true church.

everyone blames God for societies problems. putting human flaws and bestowing them on God like it's his fault we are selfish, and hateful. Our Father, has but ten rules and if they were followed to the tee, would end up in a utopian society. to find flaw in God you must find flaw in his law, and i trust that is impossible. over the last 5 millennia we as a human race have but shown one thing. WE WILL FAIL MISERABLY IF LEFT TO OUR OWN WAYS.

that is the screaming truth of modern day society. we live in a world lead by the blind and followed by the deaf. anyone who is "religious" yet has a holier than thou attitude is everything but. the fact of the matter is simply this, to follow and practice life as Jesus did, in a perfect world would lead to an even more perfect world. Yet, we place blame on the Father as though he caused the world to stumble. this is not the case, it is man that failed God and not the other way around. God's way is the right way all other ways lead to death. for man follows man and dismay is the consequence. i lay no claim of sainthood. i am a hideous sinner, and when i follow my own wants i fall into dismay.

is it hard to be a true christian, well the answer is an outstanding YES. is it worth it, once again the answer is an outstanding YES.

chasing the worldy things leads to more chasing after the wind. everything you need is inside you. the kingdom of heaven is inside you my friends. it is not without, but within. do not look to the world to satisfy you, because it can't. only God can give you the drink that forever quenches your thirst.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

When I said keep "the law" I should have specified. In the NT it is said that "the law is written on the hearts of all men", the Jews believe similarly. To learn what is expected of Gentiles non-believers, we must ask a Jew. These are called the Noahide laws, they are distinct from the harsh and expansive laws of Moses, in that the law of Moses is for Jews and the Noahide laws are for everyone. They are as follows:
1. Prohibition of idolotry
2. Prohibition of murder
3. Prohibition of theft
4. Prohibition of sexual immorality
5. Prohibition of blasphemy
6. Dietary law: Do not eat the flesh of an animal while it is still alive
7. Have just laws; do not punish by these lessons

Now to address the harshness of YHWH. The law of Moses is intended for Jews and visitors to their land (my house my rules) it's intent was to keep the Jews pure, because they are YHWH's chosen people, among whom the Messiah would be born. I believe it is not our place to judge God, but the opposite, because "what may seem right to man, may not seem right to God". The flood was terrible, but by reading the Bible, you will see that YHWH has never killed without reason. Abraham plead with YHWH to spare Sodom and Gomorrah if there were a single righteous man therein. We all know what happened to those cities and YHWH does not lie, they must have been pretty damn evil. If we take this passage to the flood, we will see that there is no one on Earth who is righteous, save Noah and his family. This was also an attempt by YHWH to exterminate the monstrous offspring of men and the fallen angels. This is better illustrated in Jubilees, which is a smaller, and if the African
Israelites are correct, older version of Genesis. Jubilees also explains why there continued to be giants after the flood.

YHWH commanded much war of the Israelites, but were they necessary? You have to think back to the time period, because what may seem barbaric by todays standards was how a people survived in ancient times. Every war commanded was either to destroy the wicked, or to defend their lands from invaders (and there were ALOT). The Israelites lived in a sinful and wicked world (Satan has dominion over it), they didn't want to fight any more than the next group of people who have been kicked around for centuries. Even the supposedly, bloodthirsty God of the OT didn't seem to have much use for war. He forbid David from building the Temple, because he had been a man of war. This says alot about YHWH. He commands war when it is absolutely necessary, but absolutely hates it. It is what you would call "a necessary evil", would the barbaric conquering tribes have put away their weapons if the Israelites gave them flowers or asked them to a peace talk? No, this was not the way back then. Israel was prime real estate and if the Jews wanted to live there, they needed to defend it. So the Isaelites had to play the game, even if it was a wicked one, for that is the state of the Earth. This is not without it's consequences as Neitzche said, " He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster". This is why David could not build the temple, he had been corrupted by war.

The harshness of Mosaic law did lead to some great rewards. The Christians see that by remaining under God's law, the Israelites were able to give birth to the Messiah (in Revelation you will see that Satan was trying to stop this from happening, by making war with them and trying to lead God's people astray). Even from a secular standpoint, you can see the advantages it brought. The Jews are one of the longest lived cultures in the world. They are not merely a religion, they are a culture and a tightly knit society. YHWH's commandments kept them from food born illnesses (triganosis being the big one), STDs, and many diseases. Jews up until modern conveniences were some of the cleanest people on Earth and were among the few relatively untouched by the black death (their dirty neighbors accused them of being witches, but the advantage still stands).

Yeshuah did not come to destroy the law, meaning he was not opposed to God the Father. He came to show us the alternative to war and Judgement; peace and mercy. If you do not wish to accept him and you wish Judgement upon others, then you yourself shall be judged. Yeshuah wished to save everyone from the court proceedings (which may be better than we feared or worse than we hoped; I wouldn't know, I'm still alive), but we must take up our own cross and follow him.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Tell you what, I''l put my hands up and say I don't know what the hell your talking about as long as you do.

The concept of God is much more complex than that.

Since there is no proof that any god exists let alone yours, then it's as complicated as you want it to be

You don't know what you lack belief in.

If I didn't then I would be lacking in belief, I lack neleif in gods equally as I lack belief in leprechauns and I know as much about leprechauns as gods.

There is no self-awareness and foundation in the atheist doctrine, and I will explain you why.

Save your breath, atheism ha neither doctrine nor content you're staring to be silly.

Again, you have no proof of this it is just something you choose to believe so you can be no more nor less correct than any other god worshiper.

We need God to have something to aim for,

Again, there's no we about it you can only speak for yourself millions of other people have plenty to aim for without your god.

There would be no morals or conscious behaviour, because technically, there would be no rite or wrong.

Name me one moral thing that a religious person can do that an atheist cannot, now reverse it , hm seems like your god is a surplus to requirements when it comes to morals we can do quite fine with out it/him/sh.

Atheism refuse the metaphysical and quantum aspects of the Universe, and even if that was true, which is not, our minds need freedom to learn & explore.

Indeed this is complete barf and only appears to make any sense to you , fine kick on.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

The christian : wow how can you not believe?

The Atheist : what a load of crap. I can't believe you put your trust in a magical beared old man that lives in the clouds.

The point : the atheist will resort to name calling and scoffing every single time. To me they appear to be more angry than the evangelical.
First amendment wins every time...both can talk about it but one starts calling names and poking fun as if SUPREME

....nuff said by me

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

If there is a hell, and you end up in there, you can't really blame God for it, because you were warned yet still hardened your heart. You wish never to honor such a God and would rather go to hell, you say it, so when you get your wish can you really blame God for your ill-fortune? I can vouch for the authenticity of at least the New Testament, but nothing I say will convince you, so I won't bother.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I have a fundamental belief in the Almighty but How can you even vouch for the new testament....Look at what happened at the Counsel of Nicea...then after Constintene died the books compiling the Holy Scriptures changed again....maybe you should make the journey to discover why and who and what it is that you believe in. Unless ofcourse you can be part of a conspiracy promoted by somebody that says its a free gift and you must pay tithe....Its a free gift but you must repent and be baptised....its a free gift but only this guy has it, or that guy has it....tell me, did the Christ die for the sins of the world or just the Baptist, or the Nazarenes with their sanctification,the pentecostals because they have and not the others received the Holy Spirit with eveidence of speaking in tongues....see my point......Study to show your self approved.......Read other material so you know what why and who it is that you base the TRUTH of your FAITH.
Can you tell me, was the fable roman god Mithris created before of after the era of the Christ?...Have to admitt starting with the apostal Paul, Paganism was introduced into Christianity because Rome was to be the seat of the religion. No Rome no continuence of the faith. Romans were very pagan....did you know that christians at that time were only baptised on their death bed......see there is a lot of bunk coming from the pulpit, and people are paying their last dollar to hear it...Think about this, if there was indeed a christ,who exactly were the money changers he drove from the synagogue....Remember after the Upper Room experiance the guys were out on the streets and one of the onlookers that had been following the desciples say after seeing the power of the spirit said " Hey I want that cause I could market it and we would be rich." Think about it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I have a fundamental belief in the Almighty but How can you even vouch for the new testament....Look at what happened at the Counsel of Nicea...then after Constintene died the books compiling the Holy Scriptures changed again....maybe you should make the journey to discover why and who and what it is that you believe in. Unless ofcourse you can be part of a conspiracy promoted by somebody that says its a free gift and you must pay tithe....Its a free gift but you must repent and be baptised....its a free gift but only this guy has it, or that guy has it....tell me, did the Christ die for the sins of the world or just the Baptist, or the Nazarenes with their sanctification,the pentecostals because they have and not the others received the Holy Spirit with eveidence of speaking in tongues....see my point......Study to show your self approved.......Read other material so you know what why and who it is that you base the TRUTH of your FAITH.
Can you tell me, was the fable roman god Mithris created before of after the era of the Christ?...Have to admitt starting with the apostal Paul, Paganism was introduced into Christianity because Rome was to be the seat of the religion. No Rome no continuence of the faith. Romans were very pagan....did you know that christians at that time were only baptised on their death bed......see there is a lot of bunk coming from the pulpit, and people are paying their last dollar to hear it...Think about this, if there was indeed a christ,who exactly were the money changers he drove from the synagogue....Remember after the Upper Room experiance the guys were out on the streets and one of the onlookers that had been following the desciples say after seeing the power of the spirit said " Hey I want that cause I could market it and we would be rich." Think about it

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
I think there's a fairly good reason people are warned not to dabble in the occult: where they think they're learning hidden spiritual truths, they could just as easily be misled, which is why you're instructed to test the spirits. You may think there are pluralistic ways to reach God--hopefully that's true; I do not wish Hell on anybody. But I'd rather take the narrow way and be sure I'm not separated from God in the end, and that requires trust in His Son and discipline in keeping the commandments.

The occult is a vast system of spiritual knowledge. It is not one thing, it is spiritual knowledge, period. It is like science, but of spirituality.

It doesn't matter if you follow right or left paths, you can still fall either way. If you study and follow occultic knowledge, then you are on the left path. Comparing the occult and organized religion is like comparing black and white; the thing that you need to know is that right and wrong are two completely different spectrums and can influence you if you are "black" or "white", or "left" or "right" or whatever.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

I asked God, and He showed me what was true. Either you think Paul was a liar or you don't. I don't think he was lying.

I don't know why the same story repeats itself every time, what with the son of god overcoming death in mythology, but I do know that Jesus was a real person who was crucified, and that He is a path to God. I know, not just believe, because what I asked for was given to me. Still have to have faith (trust) though. I'm a Gnostic, in the sense that I believe it's possible to know of the existence of God.

I don't trust many things about the RCC, with the idol worshiping, veneration of saints, and praying to Mary, but some of what they say is true, especially the four given gospels.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

It was given to me that Jesus is a path to God. Therefore I'd rather play it safe and walk that path.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join