It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats up with all of the U.S hater/bashing lately?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Seems like a lot of posts lately contain bashes,hate and insults directed towards America/Americans. Whats the problem? I see a lot of post that want to see the demise of the U.S.

I can tell you this much. From what i see and hear on the news, i would rather be here than anywhere else.
Get mad at your own Government. I mean after all, that is where the problems stem from. Coming here and constantly bashing the Americans is doing you no good. We can't solve your beef. Dont bash us because you don't like what our Government does.We didnt make your military join us in Iraq/Afghanistan. Blame your own Government for that. Why do you need to vent your anger on us? As for our demise? I can't stop what happens to us as a whole. I can only live one day at a time and be the best person i can and teach my Children the same thing. If we meet our death, i just hope it is quick and painless.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

sorry

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
NO need to say sorry, u would rather be here because u get to drink your beer and go to strip clubs and talk on your i-phone, lol worthless crap that just distracts the masses, and sounds like you are one of the sheep

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

what? i dont think i got your point. i just posted sorry for the hell of it. i havnt actually been "america bashing" on here recently

and when i do, it;s not towards the people of america.
edit on 11-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think your being a little sensitive OP. would you prefer it if we all posted about how brilliant America is and how its's a shinning beacon in the world?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yeah I was called an "America hater" by someone who's support of the status quo is an example of what is actually destroying the US of A...
Imagine that: Its america hate to stand up FOR The constitution and the bill of rights
and to be against groping children
GO FIGURE!
(really they had no position and that was the best they could do)

Canadians live in America too and people don't hate us
(but since you are the only people that deserve to be called Americans )

We get respect around the world generally to the extent that Americans wear Canadian flags
so they will be treated like Candians treat others...
and not the way people have been treated IN the US's Name.
(like the way hawaii was taken by missionaries with gun boats... )
or no wmds
record opium crops
groping children old folks and cripples in airports

perhaps there is your problem.
after ALL the evil done in America's name and justified by proven lies
( like the gulf of Tonkin )
you find it more important that it might get pointed out to you,
then it is to the people to whom the damage has been done.

I wonder how well Rambo won the war movies play in Vietnam...

PS we realize there are what is called patriots in the US of america
they are labelled terrorists by the government...
funny, the so called "America haters" are usually in agreement with the actual Patriots
so who are the haters really?
there is only one other bunch that plays that card to escape criticism
and it aint working so well for them lately is it?

so the hate America whine is usually just cheep cover
like Magnum hiding behind a vase in a fire fight....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
We get respect around the world generally to the extent that Americans wear Canadian flags

Funny, in all my travels, I've never seen that.

Don't worry, OP. It's just a cheap thrill that posters on ATS have. Probably a bunch of candy-asses in their mom's basement, eating Cheetos in their underwear and writing smack, trying to show how bad they are.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

Whats up with all of the U.S hater/bashing lately?

Didn't ya know, it's en vogue

C'mon OP, be an ATS- sheeple and jump on the bandwagon, all the cool kids are doin' it

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a125f5b2849e.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ef741d6ec81.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKinLaB
Seems like a lot of posts lately contain bashes,hate and insults directed towards America/Americans. Whats the problem? I see a lot of post that want to see the demise of the U.S.

I can tell you this much. From what i see and hear on the news, i would rather be here than anywhere else.
Get mad at your own Government. I mean after all, that is where the problems stem from. Coming here and constantly bashing the Americans is doing you no good. We can't solve your beef. Dont bash us because you don't like what our Government does.We didnt make your military join us in Iraq/Afghanistan. Blame your own Government for that. Why do you need to vent your anger on us? As for our demise? I can't stop what happens to us as a whole. I can only live one day at a time and be the best person i can and teach my Children the same thing. If we meet our death, i just hope it is quick and painless.

Well because your government is forcing other countries all over the world to obey in the name of military power..
and if they not want to obey your government setting all kind of pressure, doe´s wikileaks ring a bell maby??
offcourse we understand that all the americans are not guilty..but you are continuing to vote for militant idiots to the office, when you all got the power not to..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Its the cost we all pay for global empire, along the way we might and will step on some toes.

We are spreading our culture and influence to a country near you, whether you like it or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Its the cost we all pay for global empire, along the way we might and will step on some toes.

We are spreading our culture and influence to a country near you, whether you like it or not.

Well i rest my case...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

My response to this thread:

Board Business & Questions: This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

I'm not on this site 24 hours a day and I don't see much 'bashing'.
BUT...
Where exactly does your statement fit in this section?
I think this should've been in the old rant section of BTS.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

You know how old that urban legend is?

During both WW-I and WW-II it was the "Canadian flag on duffel bags" story of returning soldiers, Then in the 50s, 60s and 70s it was "Canadian flags on luggage" of vacationers, Now it's the myth of the "backpack traveler". Meanwhile it's always somebody's Canadian cousin/friend or neighbor who was "Traveling with an American" where the American was not treated as well as...

I know myths dies hard.

I like the story about a group of internationals in Venice Italy riding in a gondola and when the gondolier asked where everybody was from the Canadian spoke up.

The gondolier said.

"Canada? oh,...Americas 52nd state"

edit on 11-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yah i actually was thinking about going anti-american posting

*boy all those stars and flags i could get*

Thats what they love the most

Can you believe it's stars and flags they love, even though they bash america?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Sensitive? Naaaa. I wanted to know why. Its freedom of speech the last time i checked. I would still rather live here.Oh, and to the topic cop, if this is in the wrong spot, im sure it will get moved to the proper location. Thanks for the forum rules.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SKinLaB

I think you may be misinterpreting the angst most people feel towards the American Government as a general distaste for American people. This is not so. This is exactly what TPTB want you to feel. TPTB thrive of nationalism. Nationalism leads to seperation and war. When we realise that all thats seperates humans are their beliefs, nothing more, then we can start to truly examine these beliefs and discard those that no longer work towards an enlighted planetary civlisation and embrace those that do. Peace out brus..... love precious humanity....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The best performers, artisans and craftsmen I know, people who aspire to create masterpieces all have one thing in common. They are their own worst critics and they take constructive criticism very well. They never rest on their laurels; they never stagnate, and thus never regress, because they never get so full of themselves, as to think that there is not room in them to do better.

Nations like people who can’t withstand and learn from criticism are destined to be mediocre, are destined to stagnate, are destined to regress, are destined to be also-rans in the great scheme of things in time, because they lack that ability to grow and keep evolving and progressing.

I was born in the United States of America and I owe it nothing, it owes me nothing, I was not married to it, I am not married to it, I was not created by it, nor did I create it.

I am a product of nature, and a force of nature, I am me, and I enjoy being me, and I enjoy continually pushing myself to be the best I can be. I am not perfect, and as such when someone reminds me of that, I am generally thankful because all they are in fact reminding me, is to keep working towards a better me and a better tomorrow.

When people tell me that they can’t stand to hear the nation of their birth or residence criticized all that’s telling me is that person is so mediocre, so insecure, and so rudderless in life that they rely on the nation being thought of more highly than they think of themselves.

That they can’t stand to hear criticism in regards to that nation, because they can’t stand to hear criticism about themselves.

As such neither can get better, and while both might think they are the end all be all, trust proto when he says uh huh.

Grow up people, stop letting your Masters divide you into silly little playground teams, and learn to be your own person for a change.

Try it you might like it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

There are three types of Americans

1. Americans who find it difficult to come to grips with social flaws associated with the "Old World", such as militarism, imperialism, inequality, and misuse of power;

2. Highly patriotic Americans who deny such abuses and even assert that they could never exist in America;

3. Overly self-critical Americans who tend to exaggerate the nation's flaws and fail to place them in historical or worldwide contexts.

Source
edit on 11-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Which one are you slayer?

i would say 1 from some of the post you have made..

Id say im sometimes 1 and sometimes 2

i'm sure some can be a little of all of them at times don't you think?
edit on 11-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join