It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predictions made about you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Well sadly he said nothing else I tried to ask more but he seems to be ignoring me. if you know another psychic maybe that person can say more. in my area psychics are hard to come by

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Its amazing how you make so many assumptions about me. I have many books, on Tarot (from the hebrew Astharoth btw - akin to astarte, ishtar, tara - the divine mother in other words. Theres a deep kabbalistic reason, beyond the fact of their being 52 weeks in a solar year, why there are 52 cards in a standard playing card deck) Gnosticism, Hermeticism.. basically western and eastern esotericism. I am educated in these fields. Probably not as much as you, since i dont agree with its philosophy, but i understand it well.

Judaism is a religion fearful of divination and very deeply superstitious anyway

Um. right. How is ritual, and chant superstitious, but tarot cards are not? As above, so below as the saying goes. All ritual has specific meaning, and produces a desired unconscious or metaphysical effect on reality. Thats why Judaism has rituals at synagogue or the many specific prayers in their prayer books.

As for fearful of divination? I guess you have to be philosophically minded to appreciate what 'idolatry' means. It essentially means attributing power to anything else other than the 1 G-d. Judaism realizes that this world was created by G-d to make a 'home' for himself in the lower worlds. This is accomplished when human beings put aside their ego, humble themselves, and submit to his will by performing the 7 laws of Noah. This is ultimately an expression of love, because it allows one to connect with their very root and source; and therefore touched by his will. G-d is the very source of reality and it is completely and blatantly wrong to engage in divination when simple prayer, faith and acceptance is all thats needed. When you connect your mind to an 'angel', or a archetypal intelligence, you are turning away from G-d and focusing on some small aspect within the spiritual reality. This affectively makes G-d irrelavent. He created us with free will; and as apart of free will, we have a choice to draw G-d into this world, through action, and prayer, or ignore him, and separate him. This is what tarot actually means. Its the feminine youre turning to. Youre separating G-d from his divine presence. This is what paganism, ultimately, is about. Focus on immediate things which can benefit us in someway, is not only selfish and arrogant, it gives one a very false sense of power.. This in fact strengthens ones ego and feeling of separateness from the unity of this world with the infinite. Thus divination/practical kabbalah is prohibited. Even despite this, measures can be taken to protect oneself from the evil eye, and other occult mechanics used by others. Some just bypass this because faith ultimately is all one needs. His mind is percolated with the presence of his source; and he feels his love and compassion for him. And this in turn anables him to show greater compassion and love for others.

I already gave you a deep, logical and true reason why psychics and predictions are only half true. half, because they only refer to a potential reality. Up there, in the 'heavens', a likely course exists which based on your current patterns of behavior, will happen if you dont change. Prayer changes that entire pattern. It draws down G-ds miraculous name - the tetragrammaton, which symbolizes a force beyond the forces of nature (to prove this, the lower name Elohim, which means 'powers' has the same gematria as HaTeva - nature. Also, the gematria of Kli YHVH, vessel of YHVH - alluding to nature, is 86. Its pretty clear.) to change and and overturn the prediction.

You think its 'kindness' to believe in predestinationism? You think its kindness to scare somebody out of their whits by predicting that their first wife will die? Wow. You got a very interesting and demented appreciation of morality if thats the case. I want someone to believe in the infinite, and in a ultimate good. I dont want him to be contained by evil, or doom. No. We are from an infinite source, and when we attach our hearts to that source we can accomplish miraculous things.
edit on 12-12-2010 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
oh and btw, i am not Jewish,

you dont have to be Jewish to appreciate Judaism.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
predictions have a weird effect on me. every time someone predicts something about me, it doesn't happen even if there was a real chance of happening. Bad and good things.

the bigger example I can do is that more than 5 different taror readers told my mom I was going to get pregnant before I was 18 y.o. and guess what... I'm 26 and still without children. Last one was something a guy here at ATS said, that I was going to UK this year... oops! it didn't happened!
edit on 12-12-2010 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Who is to say the prediction isn't what got you started on the path of politics and religion? You said it had merit in your life, if you dwell on something enough you have a way of drifting towards it (even if it is subconsciously). Perhaps it was less of a prediction, and more of a 'shove' in the direction she wished you to take. The mind is a lot more powerful then people give it credit for sometimes.

Just some thoughts I figured I would share.

edit on 12-12-2010 by inval because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Well sadly he said nothing else I tried to ask more but he seems to be ignoring me. if you know another psychic maybe that person can say more. in my area psychics are hard to come by

I have no psychics to recommend. there was one psychic mentioned in the news much to my surprise that supposedly lead someone to a little girls dead body... could be a hoax but the case is very real and I don't think this news agency is one to simply make things up. I do believe a psychic was definitely used in the case but I don't think she is one who does these kinds of readings. She is one who finds things in the earth...like dowsing for stuff... water, gold, dead bodies.... a young woman from virginia.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Theres a man named Tony Mederios whos a working Naturapth and Homepath in Toronto, and Montreal (also had a store in boston, but closed it) and hes a truly unbelievable clairvoyant.

I really hate these people that doubt these powers. He basically looks at you, and sees whats wrong; if something is wrong. He says its indicated by an aura - which hes now come to associate with certain conditions and can therefore read ones state of physical or spiritual health, by simply looking at you, or recieving any other stimuli coming from you (hearing your voice for instance or thinking of you. Though he insists that he see the person first). He also employs traditional methods. But, hes very unusal, and unbelievably succesful. And contrary to what youd think, he charges little and only recently was he forced by the ontario government to include a mandatory 14 % tax on those who see him (he had been avoiding this) I cant tell you how many people this man has saved. He was born in Azores Portugal in the 60s and as a young kid discovered that he had these powers (which to him were terrifying. Not until he disclosed his situation to a priest was he told that the creator had bestowed him with a gift. Infact, when hes not using his gift, he gets very ill)....

Its truly an amazing world we live in.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
My ex girlfriend's mother was a psychic. She said I'd end up having two marriages, or two kids, I forget which one it was.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Theres a man named Tony Mederios whos a working Naturapth and Homepath in Toronto, and Montreal (also had a store in boston, but closed it) and hes a truly unbelievable clairvoyant.

I really hate these people that doubt these powers. He basically looks at you, and sees whats wrong; if something is wrong. He says its indicated by an aura - which hes now come to associate with certain conditions and can therefore read ones state of physical or spiritual health, by simply looking at you, or recieving any other stimuli coming from you (hearing your voice for instance or thinking of you. Though he insists that he see the person first). He also employs traditional methods. But, hes very unusal, and unbelievably succesful. And contrary to what youd think, he charges little and only recently was he forced by the ontario government to include a mandatory 14 % tax on those who see him (he had been avoiding this) I cant tell you how many people this man has saved. He was born in Azores Portugal in the 60s and as a young kid discovered that he had these powers (which to him were terrifying. Not until he disclosed his situation to a priest was he told that the creator had bestowed him with a gift. Infact, when hes not using his gift, he gets very ill)....

Its truly an amazing world we live in.

that seems vaguely familiar. i think i might have heard of this man before. That is very interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join