It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK vs USA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's sickening, lately a lot of threads have been USA members // citizens slagging off UK members // citizens, and vice versa.

I'm getting fed up, hell, I'm even guilty of it, FACT: The UK and the US are two of the most close countries in the world, I have a lot of American friends, not through ATS. One of my US friends was murdered recently, ( www.koamtv.com... ) and he would be disgusted at the barriers that are coming up here on ATS. I like it here, it's the only forum I am a member of, because I like the topics, I like it how sensible people can come together and discuss stuff I find interesting.

FACT: USA we in the UK are your friends, we are your allies, we are your family, sure we can have our differences, but we are the same people fighting for the same thing, and here we are fighting amongst ourselves, it's not right, it needs to stop, lets make a stand right now and stop this before we start hating each other.

EDIT: Sorry, i'm applying this to UK and US members, I'm sorry, I forgot there is more to ATS than UK and US, but the argument stands, just involves more of you, we are people who are out for the same goal (the majority).
edit on 11/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Hey man, thanks for the sentiment, and right back at ya! Condolences too for your loss....
A teacher one time told me it is just as important to notice similarities between people as it is differences. So, brother, here's a shout out to ya, and Hello, and East To The West.

Peace
spec

edit on 11-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
why was your friend murdered, and the saying same **** different smell applies both to the u.s. and the u.k., so i agree there's no point in bashing each other.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Point taken, well stated. My condolences on the loss of your friend, that was truly a shame.

Yes, we the people of the US and Britain are and by rights should be friends and allies.
It's normal that people rag on each other though - the US population is terribly split right now like I haven't seen since the Vietnam war. The propaganda machine has done it's job well putting the people in opposition to each other over trivial matters.
What we share in common far outweighs the differences we may have.
To the good people of England may I wish you all a very merry Christmas.
To our shared future - Cheers!
ATA

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Well said.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
agreed, we as americans get accused of being brainwashed and ignorant constantly, but the people pointing their finger don't seem to realize that in generalizing and blindly hating us they are doing the very things they hate us for doing. i think we all need to just get along, accept that we know little of each others' cultures, admit we are actually equals, and then move on. peace

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I disagree with your post. Don't tell me who I'm close with or similar to. I've got nothing in common with America or the average American.

It's that sort of forcing of views on people that makes people snap back. I'd rather live in Venezuela than America. Some people have different opinions.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

My friend was murdered because he was going to report his new house mate, Duane Wahl, to the police for shooting up his house and blaming it on someone else, I created facebook page asking for the scums removal

Get the murderer Duane Wahl off here clear

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
we are enemy and friends and neutral.
and it changes from time to time.
and we are all different.
some americans I have seen are very arrogant.
you take notice of them the Most!
and people blame the people for what the country does!
its just how it is.
like the BP spill.
it was american spill yes?
so english get angery with them?
BP is English?
americans get angry with them?
we just need some one to blame.
and the people are the country yes?
it is silly but we still do it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

My post was more than just UK vs USA, its the whole world, normal human beings, but the US IS our closet friend as a country, and it is filled with wonderful people, but, like any other countries, it has its morons.

And you sir, seem like an ignorant moron.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by buddha

It's the minority that get angry, and that's all you hear (btw, BP isn't a UK company anymore, its owned by a number of countries, including the US).

It's like a survey, we asked 1000 people if they liked tea and crumpets, 89% said yes, so immediately 89% of the population likes tea and crumpets, i prefer coffee with my crumpets, lmao. 1000 people does not account for millions.

And yes, its the arrogant Americans that we notice the most, because it gets our backs up, I know it shouldn't, but we are human after all, lol.
edit on 12/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
To be honest I´d like to know why we´re close to the Americans ? I don´t begrudge people but from what the "Americans" have been saying about themselves recently on any website with a forum, it´s hard to see why anybody would want to be their allies ? Take in mind the amount of back dealing, dis-honest murdering monsters they seem to have for goverment, the only reason I can see that the U.K (which has it´s own fair share of two faced mobsters) would want to stand by the Americans in power ! (I´m not talking about average Joe and his wife) would be simply for when the sh$t hits the fan as all sources seem to point to, the UK will be safe under the wing of the powerful USA. Until the planet has been completely destroyed and most humans wiped off of it.

IMO people shouldn´t be cutting each other throats ! but standing together to unite no matter where you´re from. Intelligent people from all corners of the World should be in communication we one another trying the advert the intentions of these goverments who assume control removing the civil rights of each and every human being on the planet. Check out on the news how things are now ! wtf will it be like in 20 yrs or so for your children or their kids and so on.

Stop bitching with each other, let´s not start the new year worse the this year ends. Peace ! I hope.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by linkshot1000

IMO people shouldn´t be cutting each other throats ! but standing together to unite no matter where you´re from. Intelligent people from all corners of the World should be in communication we one another trying the advert the intentions of these goverments who assume control removing the civil rights of each and every human being on the planet. Check out on the news how things are now ! wtf will it be like in 20 yrs or so for your children or their kids and so on.

Stop bitching with each other, let´s not start the new year worse the this year ends. Peace ! I hope.

That's my point! Please don't take the word of a few arrogant tosspots on forums, they don't voice the thoughts of the majority of US (or UK) citizens. For the most part, the English speaking world is a nice one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
UNITED Kingdom, UNITED States, only the first word matters, UNITED we stand, UNITED we fall, UNITED till we die, those who disagree I have no time for you, you are just using valuable oxygen.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
That's my point! Please don't take the word of a few arrogant tosspots on forums, they don't voice the thoughts of the majority of US (or UK) citizens. For the most part, the English speaking world is a nice one.

I agree with the message that you are trying to get across here. We are all just trying to get through this life as well as we can and to spread hate just because of what country you live in is just ludicrous.

Spread the love and if you are going to make fun of any country, just do what I do and make fun of your own first and maybe people will see how ridiculous they are.

If all else fails.....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tribewilder

ROFLMBFHAO!!! I'm actually watching the southpark movie now (up to the point of Cartmans V chip), nicely timed!

(oh, nice post too, well said)
edit on 12/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Sometimes ill sentiment is the opposite of what you think. TV Programs like "Would I lie to you" or "mock the week" and Tabloid newspapers and commedians where they hurl insults at eachother and everyone, tend to influence the kind of rhetoric that carries over into the forums.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have never seen any UK bashing by any of my friends, collegues, coworkers,media. etc. Nothing. If its on ats, you have to remember that ats represents a sliver of the population, and certainly doesn't represent the whole. Most Americans view the UK as neighbors across the pond and that is it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

hmm... it seems like you really hate us. have you ever met an american? not the rich ones who can afford to vacation to europe, but an average everyday struggling to survive american? somehow i seriously doubt it. your response just makes me angry man, that is such an ignorant boarderline retarded thing to say. it is people like you that make the rest of the europeans seem like a bunch of ashholes
edit on 12-12-2010 by freakgenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
people deserve the chance to prove themselves before we start hating them for no reason. and yes, where you are from, what color you are, and which religion you choose to follow are "no reason". remember, the things you hate about others are things you truly hate about yourself.
edit on 12-12-2010 by freakgenius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join