It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two car explosions in central Stockholm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
News has revealed it is indicated as a terrorist activity regarding the ongoing issue of migrant opinion as e-mail in arabic.Thankfully its not related to any wiki stuff or other.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by fltcui
That story says it's a suicide bomber but the police haven't confirmed that yet.

If it is a suicide bomber it could be very well linked to the fact of growing anti muslim sentiment in Sweden.

Please tell me how you managed to determine this man's religious preference, because I have searched the news article provided and there was no mention of it?

Or is it just in your mind that only Muslims blow themselves up?

I can confirm that. (i'm at my hotel just 300 meters away from the explosions)

About 10 minutes before the first explosion the Swedish police received an e-mail containing an audio file, that was aimed at "Sweden and the Swedish people". It talks among other things, the silence around the artist Lars Vilks controversial Muhammad cartoons.

It's on the news here now. So there's no doubt what kind of people that's behind this.

The police have also found undetonated pipe bombs and other explosives, and arrested people.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yes BBC reporting on the audio files-reference in them is also made to Swedens troops in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
BBC have also got a video of the second car bomb exploding

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 11-12-2010 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Obviously you are correct ,the terrorist issue is back on the agenda in sweden,just when we all thought it was abating.in hindsight speculation is one thing,apology

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
there is doubt about who is behind this

after all the PROVEN situations like the underwear bomber and the fbi being caught doing set ups
and making the bombs and getting busted in there own stings...
to just assume this is muslims on such non proof is
the very definition of the word Assume
making an ASS of U trying to make an ass of ME

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Although assumption can be made on the wealth of social situations within sweden and recent history it is not a assumption as it is reported on the media as factual,unless you where personally there,I know I was`nt but can only go with the medium we all rely on,the web,or news.depends which one you believe.There is no assumption and the speculative part is over with as far as I`m concerned.There is no Ass involved except the Assanginator.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Just trying to connect the dots, saw that there were unconfirmed reports of bystanders saying the man was shouting something in Arabic

So everyone who knows Arabic is a Muslim? Is that what you're saying here?

I swear the ignorance on this web site is incredible.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

Incorrect response,they recieved a e-mail in arabic detailing deaths in afghanistan as a provocation 10 minutes prior to explosion saying "your children will die"..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Just trying to connect the dots, saw that there were unconfirmed reports of bystanders saying the man was shouting something in Arabic

So everyone who knows Arabic is a Muslim? Is that what you're saying here?

Well screaming allahu akbar he probably don't belong to the Scientology Church

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ivar_Karlsen

scientology could be much more dangerous than you jest,there purpose is not attention seeking but still sinister by any comparison.I certainly would`nt like a special brainwashing technic to make me the next manchurian candidate
suppose depends what conditioning works for you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
More specific details are being revealed about the content in the audio files including;

"The e-mail writer ended the message with a call for action "to all Mujahadeen in Europe and Sweden," TT said.

"Now is the time to strike, don't wait any longer," the message read, according to TT. "Step up with whatever you have, even if it is a knife, and I know you have more than a knife. Fear no one, fear not prison, fear not death."

TT said that it was not clear from the e-mail or the audio files if the person belongs to any specific organization.

The person claimed to have been to the Middle East and asked family for forgiveness for lying to them. "I didn't go to the middle east to work," the writer wrote. "I went there for jihad."

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I think that something is very strange about this!

WHY would a radical idiot do his thing on a small back street where just a few people were passing by?

(If this went like the newspapers says?)

Wouldn't a very crowded place be more interesting from his point of view and fit his agenda better??

Anyway, thankfully only two people were mildly injured according to the Swedish newspapers, and hopefully nothing else will happen?

They will probably explain or expand more on the story later on?
edit on 11-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Well we seem to have a new type of crime on their way to Sweden now.
we have previously been spared from this type, we are now many who believe that there is more and more to do
with the incredible migration of Muslims to our beautiful country..
Here in Sweden we have a very heated debate started to take place .. The newspapers are controlled by the state and can not write ill of immigrants and this while the world believe that Sweden is a miracle of democracy, rather ironic ..
in reality, they Swedes dare not say what we think, we will be jumped on and called racists and intimidated into silence by the state..this is not a call for help but rather just information about the reality here..
so suicidal bombings we think are the new reality of a upcoming police state here, everyone are going to be controlled not just imigrants but even ordinary swedes, because if not it would be rasist behavior from the state..
so hello america maby you is the new sweden for many of us, and give many swedes their voice and freedom back...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by martin3030
More specific details are being revealed about the content in the audio files including;

"The e-mail writer ended the message with a call for action "to all Mujahadeen in Europe and Sweden," TT said.

"Now is the time to strike, don't wait any longer," the message read, according to TT. "Step up with whatever you have, even if it is a knife, and I know you have more than a knife. Fear no one, fear not prison, fear not death."

TT said that it was not clear from the e-mail or the audio files if the person belongs to any specific organization.

The person claimed to have been to the Middle East and asked family for forgiveness for lying to them. "I didn't go to the middle east to work," the writer wrote. "I went there for jihad."

edition.cnn.com...

Whilst a great number of suspected "Muhajadeen" in Europe are monitored, we really won't ever know just how many there are or how deeply they are embedded into communities. This could be an isolated incident from a small cell or group or could indeed be the beginning of a larger campaign of terror throughout Europe or even globally.

In the UK, we have a history of terrorism leading up to the Christmas period, other European countries had their own terrorist groups carrying out similar atrocities in the past but the current threat of islamic fundamentalists is far more widespread and of course far better financed.

If this was as early suggestions speculate, an islamic suicide bomber it will hopefully be a wake up call across the continent that there is an intent to disrupt Christmas shopping and celebrations. Most countries are already on a high level of alert though and there is really little more that already overstretched intelligence agencies can do without hightened public awareness and reporting.

Doc

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I have a feeling its the ptb trying to invoke fear into the Swedes, upon the realease of Wikileaks and himself being labelled a 'terrorist' (Assange). It's the way for the US to sway some minds of the Swedish to bring him to justice. As the other poster stated in a quiet street ?? Obviously trying to send a message rather than harm.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
You guys are goddamn pathetic. I usually don't get pissed off reading comments at this #-hole, but this thread has finally done it.

The way the same specific people over and over again try to defend the Muslim people by blindly covering up every terror-related issue that was made by Muslims, is just LAME.

FACE IT! A Muslim terrorist did this! Not any of the TPTB CRAP!

When will you idiots ever learn that NOT EVERYTHING is a conspiracy?

...Ugh, come to think of it, you're just going to reply to my post and say how racist and hateful I am. Well look at the #ing mirror you idiots. You denounce every news about terror events if it only hints that the blame is on a Muslim person.
Nobody was even blaming the entire Islamic religion, but you seem so eager to defend it that you ignore everything the media and the Swedish police have picked up so far, yet make up your own juvenile conspiracies about how it is the Swedish government to blame, or TPTB or whatever.

This is just sad, and this place is becoming THE WORST place to post news at. Your personal opinions and agendas are SERIOUSLY in the middle of your posts and are disturbing them in a way that is making asshats out of yourselves. #ing wake the # up you stupid little idiots.

///Sorry for the harsh language but you guys really are dumb sometimes.
edit on 11-12-2010 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lavenlaar

What the americans would adopt trade imbargos rather than adopt covert operations that kills innocent by standers,really that beggers belief,really this Assange thing is popping up everywhere,even though most of his stuff we the general knowledgeable folk know already to some degree.Assange is a superstar and everybody else is just a minion.perhaps thats it peolpe be less minionesque and living of the apronstrings of a net celeb.He certainly is the first X File factor net celeb,welcome to the brave new world,orwellion , huxley or hubbardy take your pick.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

any one can write an email in arabic
and the church of scientology has arabic speaking members
just like a large percentage of Iraqis were christian...

from google

Church of Scientology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
first page - forums - voice chat - contact us - arabic version ... The Church of Scientology (Studies in Contemporary Religions, 1). Signature Books in cooperation ...
www.mshtawy.com/en-wiki.php?title=Church_of_Scientology

thats a super duh
next!

you were not there to see who wrote or sent the email
so don't lay that cheep tactic on me

remeber how the SAS was busted in Iraq dressed as muslims planting bombs all over..
and the brits had to destroy a whole police station to get them back

edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

This could've turned out a lot worse. The location of this was very close to the most popular shopping/tourist street in Sweden.

Also, had this happened at the busiest hours, with all the claimed 6 pipe bombs going off, it could've been disastrous. Apparently the man in question had 6 bombs, but only 1 of them exploded. It's also said by the media that he was carrying a bag of nails with him and supposedly shouted something in Arabic. Approximately the same time a car exploded not far from the suicidebomber.

This is very worrying as it is, as far as I can tell the first time something like this happens in Stockholm. I can already tell that many people will be shocked by this because people couldn't believe something like this could happen over here.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join