It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25% Of Marines Would Shoot Americans, 100% Of Oath Keepers Would Shoot Them Back. (1/2)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know. Lots of ongoing conversation about who'd take what side. What FEMA concentration camps are waiting. Etcetera. Etecetera.

What do you think? Watch the video. Come to a conclusion.

25% Of Marines Would Shoot Americans, 100% Of Oath Keepers Would Shoot Them Back. (1/2)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
what would the marines shoot americans for? I am not clear on this point.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
what would the marines shoot americans for? I am not clear on this point.

That's one way of looking at it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

You cannot think of any reasons?

None at all? Not even one?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

no, actually. i cant.

for what legitimate reasons would active duty united states marines fire on american citizens?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

Marines, and the military, are conditioned to shoot at whoever they are ordered to shoot at. They take an oath to protect the POTUS.

All that needs to happen is for a segment of the population to be labeled as "domestic terrorists" and that would be enough to convince most of the military to take up their arms in the homeland.

My proof? The US Civil War.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fredcall

Some Marines from what I have seen are more brainwashed then other servicemen, not all, but 25% seems accurate.

I've been out of the Army for 7 years now, before Oathkeepers started, but I also will join them in stopping anyone in the military that tries to enforce unconstitutional treasonous orders. The Army isn't as bad besides the Officers which are mostly neocons, most enlisted people that I knew were pretty reasonable and even if they aren't oathkeepers I feel most would not obey treasonous orders.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

Say there is a disaster. Be it natural, political or economic. Think Katrina or Stock Market Crash. The ensuing panic and disorganization leads to semi-anarchy. A large mass of armed Americans unhappy with how the government is handling the situation and pretty much unhappy with the government in general stage a large protest. The general sentiment in this populated area is that they don't need Uncle Sam any more. Uncle Sam sends in the Marines to stabilize the situation and disarm the populace..... You do the math from there....

A second scenario involves a State like say Texas getting fed up with paying to bail out other bankrupt states. They decide to succeed from the union. The call up the Texas national guard to defend the newly created country of Texas. Do you think the U.S. government will use its remaining military to take back the state of Texas?

Do any of these scenarios really seem all that far fetched?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

of course those scenarios are of course possible, but highly improbable.

katrina was about as bad a natural disaster as most people in the states can remember, but active duty marines were not called in to shoot people.

re: active duty marines firing on americans, why would they need to? the governor (or the president) could just activate the state's national guard and control the situation like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As said earlier, soldiers firing on civilians in the US is quite possible, and it's happened before. However right now it's not really practical. We have too many foreign bases to protect.

But, something like Xe or Dynacorp, mercenary organizations, would be much more likely to fire on civilians with real bullets. This is something to consider more deeply.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Or, more likely, NATO peacekeeping forces... Imagine an America patrolled by Serbian and Angolan soldiers who harbor deep resentments towards Americans.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by muzzleflash

Or, more likely, NATO peacekeeping forces... Imagine an America patrolled by Serbian and Angolan soldiers who harbor deep resentments towards Americans.

~Heff

Since the War of 1812, the American homeland is the only superpower in the world that has not been invaded by a foreign army. Russia, all of Europe, Japan, China, the continent of Africa and the continent of South America have all been invaded by a foreign army at one time or the other. You do get to wondering when America's run of good luck will run out. Will a foreign army come across the Mexican border to attack the American Southwest. As has been threatened?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It already has....THE ARMY OF THE UNEMPLOYED!

The service people who would more than likely shoot at american citizens if ordered, would likely be the greenest and youngest troops.
Lots of the mature experienced soldiers, have families....have more common sense, and are more secure personality wise.
The Rebs would have to provvide some very good provocation to get a general firefight started i think.
However, once the troops started going down, the military would likely respond with overwhelming volume of fire....
It is their training and their conditioned reflexes to support their fellow troopies.
The Canadian army would likely get deplotyed stateside and vice versa, so i think the troops would be more likely to shoot if stationed in each thers countries.
We will all be united soon at any rate, and the problem would be moot.
canadian troops would not fire on their own people readily, i believe it would take some heavy discipline to get them to.
Put them down in tennessee though and surround them with pistol packin angry hillbillys...well theyd hear the duelling banjos and that would be it....
Same for US troops in Canada....
The whole military would be split in two very likely...25% for the potus/ptb, and 75% for the people.
I cannot speak fior the airforce however...and i think theyd be different, more willing to shoot....
Navy?probably same as the airforce, mainly because their weapons systems are less personaal, and more standoff types.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
It already has....THE ARMY OF THE UNEMPLOYED!

The military is one of the biggest employers in America. Imagine how much larger the unemployment roles would be without the military.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is just more hypothetical bullcrap.

There is no scenario where the active duty military would be called out to shoot Americans.

They are from all over this country and they have family and friends,loved ones.

Does anyone here with half a brain even believe that anyone in the military would shoot on their brothers,sisters and family?

Another stupid thread.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oneolddude

Ummmm... Does your history book have the chapter about the US Civil War missing? Ya might wanna Google that, you know, just for reference and whatnot.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
More than a few arguing that population reduction is inevitable........obviously troops will be needed somewhere for such an austerity program.

Obama's One World Currency plan certainly does point to such a possibility.

Population Reduction after economic collapse
www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
sometimes I wonder if certain posters on this site realize where they are? people are just completely clueless as to what is going on in this nation. I expect ignorance from people who dont frequent this site, but to not know the things our government has been up to after frequenting this site for any amount of time is just weird.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
sometimes I wonder if certain posters on this site realize where they are? people are just completely clueless as to what is going on in this nation. I expect ignorance from people who dont frequent this site, but to not know the things our government has been up to after frequenting this site for any amount of time is just weird.

Yes, where are many of the posters located who post to ATS or NPR or any of the many other forums available on the web? What about those who are curious about the possibilities of martial law being implemented in the United States?

Surely some of the posters are sitting at home using their own computers to post into forums. That does not account for the sum total of posters. Here are some alternatives to who posts and from where:

Some are probably in the public libraries where computer usage is free. Some might be in prison where inmates not only work as telephone solicitors, they have access to the computer in their free time to post here. Some could be in therapy of some sort. I won't specify what kind of therapy. Posting in forums is a therapeutic method for those in need of venting to alleviate their anger and aggressive tendencies. Some may be typing on a laptop that was recently burglarized from a house. Or they are inside the said burglarized house typing away. Maybe they live secretly in the attic of the house. When the homeowners are off at work or in school, they come out of the attic to post in various forums. I know of an elementary school teacher who has her class practice their typing and communication's skills by writing to forums.

If you can think of any other possibilities, add your thoughts. I'm sure we can all agree that from wherever posters are posting, the question remains if such liberties in posting would be curtailed during any implementation of martial law in this country.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OathKeeper arrested disobeying illegal order - Support Lt. Cmdr. Fitzpatrick & Lt. Col. Terry Lakin
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join