It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Billy" Eduard Albert Meier: (Hoax or Hero)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Billy" Eduard Albert Meier (born February 3, 1937) was a citizen of Switzerland who claimed to be a UFO contactee. His experiences started at the age of five and continued on throughout his lifetime. Later, he became (for lack of a better word) a prophet to thousands of followers. His flock subscribed to peace, harmony, love, and purity. His enlightened perspective concerning reality overshadows his formal education.

He's also the source of numerous controversial UFO photographs, physical pieces of trace evidence, and theories of bettering society. He claims these commodities should be considered evidence of his encounters. Meier reported regular contact with extraterrestrials. They imparted both spiritual and philosophical wisdom. He describes the "Plejaren" (aliens from the Pleiades) as humanoid. Although they were of a physical form; contact was allegedly initiated through telepathy and/or electrical stimulation of the brain.

Numerous accusations of a hoax, and/or alternative motivations have surrounded this case from the start. A number of photographs aimed at debunking his claims had been circulated as his own. In reality, his articles have never been proven anything but genuine, despite the skeptics many claims. Most of his evidence appears too good to be true. Watch the related pictures and video and decide for yourself. Some of the most important evidence for Meier's claims come from his large collection of controversial photographs. These include images of alleged spacecraft in the Swiss countryside, the Apollo-Soyuz 1975 docking and distant astronomical phenomena. Supporters insist that the images are exceptionally high quality and that a one-armed man could not possibly have fabricated them.

i286.photobucket.com...

i286.photobucket.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (video upload)

edit on 11-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: Adding images

edit on 11-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Howtosurvive2012

That's an awesome u-tube link. Makes a good case. I was a total "Billy" hater until that footage. I don't think anyone could watch that with an open mind and decide it was (all) bull sh**.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't understand the point of this thread, you should be able to clearly answer this using the search function, and even if you can't do that you can still use common sense, reason and logic to arrive at the correct answer.

That is, unless you have an alternative motive for posting a thread on something that is obviously total nonsense.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well I know this may hurt my credibility here but so be it. I have read and seen almost everything concerning this case mostly due to a personal experience with a `beemship` in 1979. Billy has typed out somewheres near 16.000 pages of conversations he has had with the paladians. 16,000 pages . Why would anyone do this for some kind of hoax , knowing that very few people would ever read these . Think about that for a moment .16,000 single typed pages.
edit on 11-12-2010 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
I don't understand the point of this thread, you should be able to clearly answer this using the search function, and even if you can't do that you can still use common sense, reason and logic to arrive at the correct answer.

That is, unless you have an alternative motive for posting a thread on something that is obviously total nonsense.

Hey guy, everyone's entitled to an opinion. The funny thing about opinions are (just like a** - holes) everyone has one; yet, they all stink in the perspective of another. Don't be so condescending. Not everyone knows everything like you. Educate instead of insulting. The old thread took it's own direction. I'd like to know what opinions are today.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I think the reason for this thread is obvious, to find out whether or not people believe in the Billy Meier story and to discuss the case. What is the reason for your post? To be a douche or to try and show us how smart you aren't? If you have a lucid comment or opinion about Billy by all means share, but please do not come on here and bash our conversation as we take it seriously. positive thought can set you free, but since you do not believe in Billy's FACTS you will always be a slave to yourself. Cheers

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Well I know this may hurt my credibility here but so be it. I have read and seen almost everything concerning this case mostly due to a personal experience with a `beemship` in 1979. Billy has typed out somewheres near 16.000 pages of conversations he has had with the paladians. 16,000 pages . Why would anyone do this for some kind of hoax , ]

How about because he's bat# crazy?

Billy Meier is a total, abject fraud. He's not even a very good one. Anyone who believes his BS must have ridden the short bus to school.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by maxpower88

I think the "positive" message (true or not) is an important concept to consider. He implies that extraterrestrials can sense the electrical impulses projected by our bodies. The impulses themselves are influenced by an individuals attitude and outlook. Bad vibes apparently project a feeling comparable to a bad smell. In other threads, those same impulses are implied to deter and/or attract similar entities. EMPs are produced by everything from fluorescent lighting to our brains. Others imply positive group thinking can encourage ghosts and UFOs to manifest themselves. Is this the same concept that started group prayer in multiple religions? The theory seems to lend continuity to a number of other phenomenon.
edit on 11-12-2010 by AngelsofArmageddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Billy Meier is a total, abject fraud. He's not even a very good one. Anyone who believes his BS must have ridden the short bus to school.

Agree 100%.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Is that it? No facts to back your argument, just a blanket statement that my 6 year old niece could of written. Well I guess it's true what they say-"opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink"

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
When Billy's wife left him she was pretty angry; therefore she sided with the debunkers to get back at him. Since she had a lot of insider information, the debunkers gained a lot of ground....

BTW, Billy is also the one who alledgedly [co]found the Gospel of Jesus written by Judas Iscariot, which he called The Talmud of Immanuel a.k.a. The Talmud of Jmmanuel

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Although I appreciate the input; what brought you to that conclusion?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Originally posted by bluemooone2
Well I know this may hurt my credibility here but so be it. I have read and seen almost everything concerning this case mostly due to a personal experience with a `beemship` in 1979. Billy has typed out somewheres near 16.000 pages of conversations he has had with the paladians. 16,000 pages . Why would anyone do this for some kind of hoax , ]

You are entitled to your opinion but do you have any facts to back it up? Attacking the messenger instead of the information they present is an age old debunking method, and a cheap one at that.

Meier's photos, videos and audio recordings were subject to tests using up to date technology of the time and could not be debunked. Not to mention numerous predictions that have been extremely accurate.
This was all done before the days of photoshop by a man with one arm. I've yet to see anyone present information that can debunk Meier. Sure there have been a coupe of dodgy photos of a ray gun and dinosaur but that's not difficult to set up to make someone look bad.

I'll remain open minded on this one.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

Well said Namaste. I couldn't have said it better. I was just about to say the same thing. I gotta agree with you and Max... Say it nice, or just dont say it. Communication is a road to education.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

That kinda stuff is uncalled for.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I feel bad for the youngens who have still not researched enough to understand who is creating the hoaxes and who could be legitimate. If you have not yet come across understanding Bill, it means you are pretty far away from understanding the alien truths because there are many hurtles to jump over. Keep on pursuing, the truth is out there.

Here is a video that has an interview with Billy's Ex wife who claims that she knows the whole Billy UFO affair is a LIE.

It means alot when family debunk you. Dr. Wolf's brother completely discredited him and do not believe in him either. Family is very aware of the truth in each other's life.

I heard that Anthony Sanchez's wife left him this year. He is the UFO researcher who came out with new Dulce information this year, claiming to have a large interview, similiar to the one of Thomas Castello. This is not the best information, and I don't want to get personal, but it is some of the only information I can collect to assume the new Dulce information is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HRegressor

I feel bad for the old farts out there that have been doing the same thing the same way for a hundred years. Where are your facts to back this hoax claim of yours up? There are certainly enough facts to support Billy's claim of genuine encounters. You make this very unrealistic statement that "It means alot when family debunk you." when in reality family is the biggest source of grief and oppression out there. Especially your 19th century parents who probably did it by the word of the lord, so if god didn't allow it you weren't able to partake. Do you think we are alone? Could you be that close minded to think we are the only life form out there? Well you did admit to being old so maybe your thoughts are too, but I am not here to attack you I just wish you could give me a better reason for not believing Billy's story and hard facts than a video of a scorned x-wife. Billy was a rational human being and everything the man said made sense, all the photos were analyzed and rechecked, all those scientists and towns people believed him, but you can't seem to open your mind just a tad.

Everyone is entitled to their beliefs but in this case I personally believe the evidence. So until you show me hard evidence debunking Billy's actual hard evidence then we can talk some more.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I agree in some sense, but disagree in others. An ex-wife is an ex for a reason, something wasn't working out. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would agree, if they split up, and she wanted attention like Billy, how would she get it? Lying would be the easiest way. Maybe she got jealous of the time he was spending with all of this, idk. Now, just because I said that doesn't mean I believe Billy either. But all the facts being accounted for in his case seem promising. A cult? I have never heard of the Billy cult, if there is a page for this I would love to see it and dismiss any positive thoughts I have toward Billy's case, please show. People really want to know the truth, but when its right in front of their eyes, they can't believe it, so it must be fake. The ones who go out on a limb and put their reputation on it gets "debunked" because it can be recreated or lied about. Almost anything can be recreated, which is why I despise shows like fact or faked. Why should the ones seeing these things even bother anymore? Their just going to be ridiculed and made a mockery of, even their family has to deal with.

And to the person who is talking about a short bus. Come on, do some research and activities with some of the unfortunate individuals. Some are only handicapped by the means of being in a wheelchair but their brain functions normally. Some of the others may have brain damage but can still comprehend some things that others cant. Don't bash on people because of their unfortunate handicap, because you or your children may be the next. The expression you have shown in your post shows that you are desperate for attention and a close minded person that gets laughs out of others misfortune. Your desperate attempt to debunk this man is one of the worse I have ever seen, but I will not call you ignorant. We each have our opinions and so they shall be just that. But don't make fun of others in doing so.

Go ahead and start this video at 7:00 and at 8:40
You will see the hardship him and his family is having to go through, and Billy getting very discouraged by how many people comes to visit, but he had made a promise he wouldn't turn him down. Look at the sincerity, the dedication this one man has.

edit on 12/11/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: spelling

edit on 12/11/2010 by kyrebelyell2004 because: added video

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

OK POP's, I wouldn't say an angry x would go beyond telling a lie. I wouldn't say because something "could" be recreated, means that it "was". If this were a court of law; do you believe sufficient evidence (beyond circumstantial) exists to prove a hoax? If so; what is it? Have you seen the 70's, 90's, and 2009 analyzation of the original footage? No evidence of a hoax (strings or other) has EVER been proven. Was every picture genuine; no. But allot of alleged "Billy" pics aren't genuine either. They came from debunkers trying to prove a hoax. If we had this much evidence a few years ago, OJ would have been in jail much sooner.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Howtosurvive2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kyrebelyell2004

You have some really good points, but I want to address the "short bus" comment as well...
Stephen Hawking rode the short bus funny guy.(not you kyrebelye)

The only thing I disagree with is the scorn Ex. More times than not an Ex is a bitter opposition bent on destruction. The statistics don't lie. The same man and woman can be best friends, or worst enemy. Testimony denied.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join