It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: People behind WikiLeaks should be prosecuted

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is the inevitable result of Operation Payback; it's nothing to do with Wikileaks.
edit on 11-12-2010 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is how they are going to stop people from whistleblowing. They are going to make an example out of Assange and Bradley and from that point on people will think real hard about telling what they know. Just like the words "Conspiracy Theorist". It is now associated with being a little nutty just because Bush emphasized that "Conspiracy Theorist" were liars and full of imagination. It worked too.

I don't see how so many could disagree with Wikileaks when it obviously shows just how crooked the Governments can be.
Polls, in my opinion, are a joke. Anyone could say that 70 percent people like just about anything. How could you prove otherwise? Who would take the time to?

When we as a people decide that we have had enough of the lies, we might just stand up. The only problem is you have to see that you are being lied to first.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

By prosecuting them it makes wikileaks look like they have some credence. Personally all I think they have is unfounded drivel.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That poll gives me the shivers as it stirs up memories of 911. Back then the majority of Americans believed another untruth -- that Iraq had WMD. Most also believed that Sadam Husein was behind the attacks somehow in cahoots with Osama BL.

The average American seems to be establishing a reputation for themself as being gullible to the "party" line their government spews and their media repeats. It seems to take forever for the truth to have a chance there.

I would hope the poll is wrong, but I wouldn't be too confident about that if history is any indicator.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Ohhh people think we are nutty because of something Bush said. Thanks for clearing that up

2nd

edit on 11-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Actually several people have called for Assange's assassination.
www.mazine.ws...

Perhaps they have, but not under the US's capital punishment laws for Treason.

He's not an American citizen.

I do feel however, the person who stole the classified secrets to be prosecuted for treason, but I lean towards mercy with the death penalty because of my faith.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I'm going to go a little philosophical here, a little off topic, but I have to ask.

If a nuclear bomb goes off in the middle of the desert and there is no one around to get vaporized is it still a weapon of mass destruction?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

This poll sounds almost as if it were designed by the clowns on Fox news who are calling for Assange to be assassinated.

Assassinated? I don't think anyone wants that really

Except for the blowhards on Fox news:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't get more blatant and out in the open than that.

Well then change your original statement from "Fox news" to "Bob Bickel". He's merely a correspondent, he provides editorial commentary.

I prefer precision.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Eh.. I don't think he has to. As it's pretty much all Fox news alumni saying this type of stuff.
I think at least three people have stated it including Palin.
edit on 11-12-2010 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

You disagree? Bush is the one who made the "Conspiracy Theorists" word a laughing matter in the eyes of the media. Now crazies, paranoid schizo and conspiracy theorist are all mixed in the same definition.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I was just razzin' you a bit. But honestly, no I didn't even know he mentioned theorists, it has just always been understood that it was a club that encouraged the membership of paranoids.
No worries.. I'm not as out there as some cats (those cats would say I'm not as open minded or awake as them.. silly cats), but I'm here aren't I?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Ha. Good question. If you don't mind I'm going to borrow that.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No problem. I wasn't attacking you just asking if you were serious. You have the right to believe whatever it is you want. I respect that right. I would be a hypocrite otherwise.

I think more and more people every day are distrusting the ones that govern them and realizing that we are in this together. Therefore we need each other. Strength in numbers.

I chose the name TheLieWeLive because it definitely is one big lie and we are all living it together. It is hard to fathom because most of us where born into it and have never known any difference. This lie started decades ago.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Ok.. borrow away. Just you know.. not for you next published piece or novel.
2nd

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Poll Questions can be posed and often are to lead people to an answer for instance:

You are so right, I have participated in polls in the past and I can say from experience that they are definitely bias. I won't participate any more in polls any longer for that reason. They are scripted and there is no room for any answer other then the one they want to hear.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Oh, yes, it must be a fox news poll because we all know all the other news organizatoins are fountains of truth and freedom!

That being said, I think you have a distorted opinion of the number of "awake" people in this country. If no one on TV raises a question or expresses an alternative opinion, most people won't have the ability to analyze situations independently. In addition, people are correct that the release of this information does hurt America's foreign relations. Wikileaks is not doing this only to open up information to the pulbic. They know they are targeting and harming the US.

What Americans do not see is that everything that is marked secret and kept from the public concerning our government and it's dealings is wrong. Voters can not make educated decisions if they are not exposed to real problems, information and discussions in all areas of government action and influence. The government should more open and less secret and the news programs should report on government actions and preceptions rather than play brainless political football and herding functions.

What Americans also don't see is that the moves in Congress to get Wikileaks is really an effort to control information on the interent so that it can be dumbed down and managed like the mainstream media is managed.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Belows link is when Bush mentioned "Conspiracy Theories" to the U.N. It was about 911. The word, in my opinion, was then tainted. Have you noticed how many people start by saying "I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I do believe this...etc"
They are scared they will fall into this "Conspiracy Theorist" category for their beliefs. It's all about the image for a lot of people.

Bush - Conspiracy Theory

edit on 11-12-2010 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sara123123

First and foremost, I never said Fox news was the ONLY network blowhorning jibberish. But they are certainly an EPITOME of this example. ALL of the major corpomedia networks are nothing more than mouthpieces for corpo-elitist agendas.

Secondary, in regards to the awakening, I DO have faith in the human species, and I know what I am witnessing around me. I am seeing and exponential rise in people beginning to ask questions, and question their societal structure. This may not be the case for what you see within your particular demographic, and to that I understand your position.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As much as I want to make a comment about how terrible it is that this poll either a) shows that the American public does not seem to want transparency in government or b) the media is not being as objective as it really ought to be (shocker, that one...) someone used the word sheeple and now all I can think of is that NZ comedy horror Black Sheep where zombie sheep start biting/eating people and turning the former into more Zombie Sheep.

I'm not entirely sure how that could be a metaphor for apathy in the voting population or media disinformation, but I'm working on it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yea, a few commentators on FOX News have called for Assange to be assassinated. Newt Gingrich thinks that Assange should be tried for Treason.

As far as the poll goes, it also depends on where you poll, if you want a more conservative outcome to a poll, you poll in affluent areas, if you want a more liberal outcome, you poll in lower class urban areas. And it does make a difference how you ask the question.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join