It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slowing down

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The other day, I went for a normal 2 mile jog while listening to some music and felt good after wards.

During the jog, my music slowed down. I stopped and sat, and it still slowed down. I restarted the iPod and everything was fine, so I tested out my music and finished my jog.

After a while, when the Jog was over, I started to listen to my iPod again, and the music, out of nowhere, slowed down again. Every single time the iPod slowed down, no one was around me, but time felt so slow.

I don't know what really happened, but it felt weird. And no, I didn't pass out or collapse or anything, it's not that.

It hasn't happened since.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Either you have a defective Ipod or there is a glitch in the matrix.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
you have potentially been abducted by aliens.

a few questions:

was the sun in a different position when you "came to?"

did you notice any unusual marks, scars, lumps, etc., later that day?"

did your anus hurt, bleed or feel like it had been invaded in any way?

do you live around any "ley lines" or other phenomonon associated with extraterrestrial activity?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
id check you ipod 1st..... sounds like the glitch is in there

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

My wife and I were talking about just this the other day. We have 2 digital clocks in our kitchen, everything else in the house updates automatically for daylight savings time and the time self-adjusts(laptop,digital box and cell phones). Lately we've noticed our digital clocks running faster at about 5 mins every three to four weeks. I like all the clocks in sync to the minute I've been like that since I was a kid. I understand that digital clocks are not overly accurate but Ive never noticed this before. Both the digital clocks keep the same time to the minute and both end up being fast by 5 mins or so at least once a month compared to our updated time on cell phones computer etc. Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything, we have enough of those already. Just thought it was funny we were just talking about this the other day.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Time didn't slow down silly, you were traveling faster through time!

People sometimes

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

People sometimes

She's probably closer to the truth than she realizes.
Or it could just be you iPod.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
im telling you folks...if you start noticing "slowed" or "missing" time, you need to carefully check your cornholes.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

My iPod isn't defective, I can guarantee you that. It's working perfect.

reply to post by MMPI2

was the sun in a different position when you "came to?"
I wasn't paying attention to the sun.

did you notice any unusual marks, scars, lumps, etc., later that day?"
I have a backwards 6 on my right leg on the right of the kneecap. It's looks like a mosquito bite, but the form is just quite odd.

did your anus hurt, bleed or feel like it had been invaded in any way?
Not my anus, but my Back hurt that day, along with my leg.

do you live around any "ley lines" or other phenomonon associated with extraterrestrial activity?
I'm currently on vacation, at the Philippines.
edit on 11-12-2010 by iAnjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To everyone else who thinks my iPod is the defect, it's not.

reply to post by gandhi

If that's the case I want to travel faster

Everything around me felt slowed down, too bad there weren't any people around.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I would love and could definitely use the time if it were slowing down.

When I was in my teens and twenties, time seemed to be going a lot slower.

As you get older, time goes by so much quicker.

Don't question it; Enjoy it!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Once while smoking with some friends in a car, we were listening to the music on the radio, and I swear that after only 10 minutes, it had seemed like we'd been there for half an hour. Later, waiting at the que for McDonalds, usually it seems like just a few minutes to wait for my meal, but waiting in the line, waiting for the food seemed like forever. I had a flashback at that moment, that was exactly how things felt like when I was a child. So, if the movement of the planets is a constant, perhaps our minds are altering time. For example, lets say for that one minute of waiting, my mind focused clearly on waiting, all in that zone of reality, thinking, imagining, possibly dreaming things and seeing all the details, however, now, as I have trained myself to try and pass time quickly whilst waiting in a que, my mind "switches off" for those few minutes, and to me it seems like I was only waiting a few seconds. When I am at home, in my room, relaxing, I can have that experience of time slowing, and things are much richer, however, when it comes to experiences that I don't look forward to, things seem faster. I even fear that I am saying things that I am not even conscious of speaking, or doing things that I am even not conscious of doing, like I am trying to escape away from unpleasant situations.

So, knowing that time is relative, imagine this: What if you mind could make you process time really really slow, so slow that you actually left the reality that you were in (death). Also, what if you mind made you process time really really fast, so that you actually "escaped" the reality that you were in (ascention)...
edit on 11-12-2010 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

It only lasted for short time periods, with no one around. Next time if it does happen, I'll go for a test drive

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

That happens a lot to me, but I think it's just time passing by. Like if you're having fun and it lasts 1 hour it felt so short, or if you're bored and been there for 10min but it felt like 30.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

It needed to be charged is my guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi

People sometimes
That's exactly right, I think lol.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I made this a favorite. I had a very similar experience once. I am going out the door right now but will come back to this post when I have some more time. Have a couple questions for you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

It was on 80% charge. The iPod was perfect, nothing wrong with it.
I really think it wasn't the iPod with the problem. At most, the iPod was the thing that helped me realized time slowed down, if it did.

reply to post by ElBraapo

Alright, looking forward to reading them.
I have to go sleep myself, it's 12:40 a.m.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Alright, back online. Later I'm gonna test out some stuff and do it with a different iPod. I tested out my music on my laptop and none of them slowed down, as well as my iPod touch again, so they're not the defects.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
One idea is that the ipod, or the files contained within, met some sort of corruption (EM field to file corruption on the plane to the hard drives being unhappy (solid state or not?).

Another is that time changed for seperate entities in your area. If it was all-ecompassing, im not sure you would be able to tell the difference in the ipod unless it changed differently than you, or the other way around.

You say it wasnt the ipod, so im curious as to how deeply tested that was? and why it simply isnt an option? edit: i see now. I would test -significantly- more than that before ruling anything out, especially in the location of the anomaly.
edit on 11-12-2010 by sinohptik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join