It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There was a copper mine on Manitoulin Island in the Great Lakes
When the Archaeologist who supervised the original dig judged the age to be up to 120 thousand years or so,
both he and the head of the Department that hired him, were fired and the whole story has been buried.
This story was difficult to find on the net a few years ago, now it is impossible to find other then passing references like this.
(But because it happened locally, I know of how the dig was quashed and buried at least.)
www.forgottenagesresearch.com...
This incident is mentioned on the list,
which is a good list of supposed anomolies

When you think about it;
Only one of the items on the list needs to turn out to be true.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

You know how it is mate. Everything that might cause a paradoxon to the mainstream, will be buried and dismissed.
And if you try to go public, you are risking your career. It´s all about money.

Peace.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
It's not politically correct and religiously correct information as it seems...
second line

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

that's a pretty cool website!
The Mystery in the Montalcino Masterpiece is exciting.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Like I said only one of these "finds" has to be true
and the whole paradigm comes tumbling down.
Though I doubt most would be able to adjust to the truth.
Control of the past leads to control of the future

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I have been wondering, if you invented time machine, how would you calibrate it. By sending things to the past. How about really far in the past. Maybe some kind of sphere of steel that has radioactive isotope inside it, for timing purposes. aka How long it has been buried. Or something that is clearly out place and time. This could explain the wide timeframe of objects, that "do not fit"

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
here is a link to alien like images in art
www.alienufotruth.com...

which has the Montalcino painting listed.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

This is a good question and an interesting list of artifacts on that site.

Perhaps it is a matter of not being able to explain or properly identify what the findings are from these sites and/or artifacts. Most archeological digs are not funded to look for proof of ancient astronauts and anything that might be conducive to this is not welcome. There really is no place for such stuff yet. I believe that protecting one's theory to the detriment of the truth is a problem but it might not be as bad as it seems.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by OutSideBox

calibrating a time machine...
now that is an interesting idea.
considering Steven Hawking has promised us a time machine

Thankfully, this obvious truth coincides with Stephen Hawking's latest advice on how you might be able to achieve such a trip. As part of his documentary series on the Discovery Channel, Hawking has already warned us about aliens not being all that pleasant and promised that time travel will, one day, be as feasible as getting a Prius to go 60 mph uphill.

news.cnet.com...

since I can't imagine sending footprints back through time...

I mentioned the footprints that are in stratas with Dino prints to a fundy once
Adam and Eve he said....
The average person has the science education of a 12 year old as they say.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wow, that link you provided read like the index To [url=http://thecrowhouse.com... Earth's Forbidden Secrets by Max Igan.[/url]

I've never seen them broken out by period like that.

I love telling friends and family about OOParts. Nothing helps you put the sham of our historical time-line back in place like finding a modern style gold neck chain intact in a limp of coal formed tens of thousands of years ago deep inside the Earth!

Remember, it was our governments that taught us about history. It's up to us, to dig and learn "Ourstory".

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Yep, protecting financial and political power is a big motivation for denying the truth...
Back in the day when a doctor at the most important teaching hospital in Europe discovered that washing hands between pregnant patients cut the mortality rate from major to minor..he was hounded out of the medical profession, and he died broke, and in an insane asylum.
It wasn't till the discovery of the microscope years later that doctors could no longer escape their ignorance.

this is business in the acedemic world.

And as we saw with Man Made Global Warming/ enron global carbon trading scheme fiasco, funding is a major bulwark against truth...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Our world is full of conspiracies
most of us have a sense that there is more that meets the eye or what is being told.
I'd say it is thoses of us that seperate fact from fiction are the greatest threat to many agendas.

This is why I put little faith in the "written" history, simply cause it is always being rewritten.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HIStory Indeed

thanks for adding that title to the thread

there are some really well researched books out there
the forbidden archealogist is one
paul white has some good stuff too

After 5,000 years Australia’s Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition ! Because this site is NON-ABORIGINAL - the Aussie Government still fails to protect it. Leading Australian researcher Paul White brings us this astounding story and translations of the Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales….

members.ozemail.com.au...

well so much for controvercy
Please be aware that below is the original unedited webpage as placed in 1998 - this is a transcript copy of an article that has since been proven largely incorrect. So please, just view this page as something of a time-capsule. Go back to members.ozemail.com.au... for more details.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: added rebutal of find to post just for fun

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
the anomoly:

and prayed to AMEN, the Hidden One

Page 2
"THE OZ - EGYPTIAN ENIGMA" - By Paul White
(From "Exposure" magazine, Vol 2 No.6, 1966)
members.ozemail.com.au...

the official story

The word Amen is one of a small number of Hebrew words which have been imported unchanged into the liturgy of the Church, propter sanctiorem as St. Augustine expresses it, in virtue of an exceptionally sacred example. "

how many times do we hear the words
"...our lord Amen"
in all the irreconcilable forms of Christianity?

PS

Australia appears under the name of "Antoecie" on the famous spherical world map of Crates of Mallos, even appearing on the Greek map of Eratosthenese in 239 BC… It seems fairly certain that the maritime civilisations of antiquity were quite capable of extensive ocean voyages. Particularly the early Egyptians, as evidenced by Giza’s remarkable "Tomb of the Boat". In the 1950’s, a streamlined 4,500 year old hundred foot, ocean going vessel was excavated from right next to the Great Pyramid. In 1991 an entire fleet of even older boats was found buried in the desert at Abydos in Upper Egypt. According to Cairo Times, in 1982, archaeologists working at Fayum, near the Siwa Oasis uncovered fossils of kangaroos and other Australian marsupials. And there’s also the strange set of golden boomerangs discovered by Prof. Carter in the tomb of Tutankhamen in 1922. ……

wouldn't want that news to get out to the tythe payers
edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: ps

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

However think of the alternative to accepting things too easily. Someone could have convinced the doctors to sacrifice babies to reduce infant mortality rates. I am not trying to say hiding the truth to protect ones theory is a good thing. Just that all of this might not be as bad as we may think.

In my opinion skepticism is having the ability to not accept something without question regardless of whether it compliments or contradicts your theory. It also means not denying something for the same reasons. Skepticism is not accepting nor denying anything without question.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play? Before we all start burning the history books and throwing the scientists on the bonfires it's worth looking at the guy's list a little more closely. Where are his references? Sources?

What if we launch a website and write a big list of strange things? Will it become true? Should everyone who reads it be all OMFG about it?

A quick dash through his list shows some of the same old BS claims that litter the Hindu, Creationist, anti-intellectual and Christian fundie websites. What gets me is how quick people are to accept this type of site and list. Not one photo of the ancient cups, shoes, sandals, bones, spheres, screws etc etc? This dude has travelled the world '50 times' and forgotten his camera? He should have saved his cash and taken his list of Creationist advocacy websites like s8int.com and biblebelievers.org or maybe he did because there's no difference from what I can tell.

Apart from the cases that have been flogged to death on ATS, a quick google of some of the wilder claims in the list loop back to all the same wacky websites with religious and anti-intellectual agendas.

C'mon guys! Isn't it suspicious that all these sites use the same cases and how few of them have any physical existence outside these sites? Where pictures exist, they're only sketches. Where photos exist, they look pretty modern to me and have no provenance to say otherwise. Some of these items on the list have been debunked as long ago as the early 20th Century. That suggests the authors and supporters of the sites are lying to push an agenda.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OP--thanks for posting a link to Forgotten Ages Research site. What a great site! I'll be spending a lot of time there.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

S&F thanks for the link, it's a saver, very interesting angle on the topic re your local experience.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
-I've no explanation for the Aiud artifact. That's cool. Wonder if anyone else knows it.

- The Costa Rica Stones have been debunked many times; they do actually exist, and they are super awesome, but they are not perfectly spherical and their creation is easily explained. I can't quite remember how the explanation goes, but once you realize that they are pretty far from perfectly spherical, it's easy to imagine.

- The Acambaro figures are well known to be a complete and utter hoax. A young earth creationist created them.

- Can't find any evidence about the Bulgarian Graphite beyond Forgotten Ages Research...

- The only evidence for the Auroch with the Bullet hole that I can find beyond this is a book by Rene Noorbergen, and I can't find anyone talking about his sources. Anyone know that?

- Dropa Stones are another well known hoax. I saw them pretty thoroughly debunked some time back rilght here on this website, I think. Either way, the author of the only "original" source for the info admitted to Fortean Times that it was a hoax.

So, just 6 in and the list's credibility is careening into the depth... Yet it also contains one or two that are hard to explain.

The official histories are not impossible. Each of these things is such a small bit of evidence in comparison with the overwhelming amounts of evidence for something not far from the official story. But on the other hand, each of these which is not easily and instantly debunkable should be taken into consideration for not throwing out the official history, but for considering whether the evidence is reliable and then modifying our understanding based on that.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

A quick dash through his list shows some of the same old BS claims that litter the Hindu, Creationist, anti-intellectual and Christian fundie websites. What gets me is how quick people are to accept this type of site and list. Not one photo of the ancient cups, shoes, sandals, bones, spheres, screws etc etc? This dude has travelled the world '50 times' and forgotten his camera? He should have saved his cash and taken his list of Creationist advocacy websites like s8int.com and biblebelievers.org or maybe he did because there's no difference from what I can tell.

Apart from the cases that have been flogged to death on ATS, a quick google of some of the wilder claims in the list loop back to all the same wacky websites with religious and anti-intellectual agendas.

I am going thru the list too and so far three for three. The first (the coin found in Ill) the original coin is long gone, all they have are the drawings. (for me - that is an automatic "dont look further") The King Crowley head, VERY suspect, the lady in question had a "history" of forging "relics" and selling to the tourists. The clay doll, seriously stretches the imagination, a CLAY doll surviving that long and a well drill along with a pump and hardly any damage? There are 200 some odd findings on that list and then it all depends on who you are willing to believe, short of being able to exam the finds ourselves AND being able to run the tests, it comes down to "who do ya trust".

Dont get me wrong, I truly believe there were ancient civilisations that were far more advanced than we want to realize. BUT I have no proof, and I wont twist a "find" to fit my beliefs. By the same token, neither will I discount a find out of hand. For example the footprints next to long extinct creatures/fauna. Those are serious possibilities!

Scientists and archeologists are human too and susceptible to human follies. It is human nature to pursue something that excites you and hope that nothing discounts what you firmly believe in, and I believe that is the case with a lot of these scientists. That and the fact no one wants to be scorned or laughed at, and in the scientific world, reputation is everything.

Like someone else said - all it takes is one. Well... in my case 2 or 3. But there is always hope, because in all honesty nothing has occured to DISCOUNT my personal beliefs, and I am fine with that

Boy I hope I made sense!!!
edit on 11-12-2010 by Casing because: because I cant spell!!!!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join