It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time To Speak Up – Part Three (ANON EXPOSED)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
reply to post by Valdestine

Nope.. not anymore. There is a segment of people who ARE acting as spokesmen and organizers for "anonymous".. your game has changed.. and its been changed from the inside. People will ALWAYS use things in manners that not everyone agrees upon. You lost your argument about how anon "really is" when a manifesto was crafted and spokesman went on TV and claimed to be a representative.

WHo's responsible for the change in what anon "really is"... was... who knows. Of course govt ops are being spewed on several websites and all kinds of weird ideas.. but the fact is that Anon has changed overnight and to operate as if it were the same is pretty foolhardy.

I can claim to be a representative of the flying spaghetti monsters and impose their decree upon the world

doesnt mean it's true of that flying spaghetti monsters exist. The state of spaghetti monsters doesnt change just because I claim so

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Anon is everybody as you say, this is a story about anon trying to find out who the jester is, that interview was with a proclaimed member of anon. These show what the people who hide behind the word anon do. If thats discrediting to what the mass of anon want then they need to sort out the structure of the movement.

If people want to follow the leaders of this raid because they support wikileaks fine by me, but they should be allowed to see what some of your members do (Your a group of people who are working together for the same goal using the same app and the same modes of communication, your a group)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Anon is everybody as you say, this is a story about anon trying to find out who the jester is, that interview was with a proclaimed member of anon. These show what the people who hide behind the word anon do. If thats discrediting to what the mass of anon want then they need to sort out the structure of the movement.

If people want to follow the leaders of this raid because they support wikileaks fine by me, but they should be allowed to see what some of your members do (Your a group of people who are working together for the same goal using the same app and the same modes of communication, your a group)

The dont need to change anything, going with a traditional setup of leadership is counterintuitive. Wikileaks itself is proof that TPTB will go straight after any percieved leader and attempt to destroy them.

We're using the same forum software, the same method of communication to discuss the same subject here on ATS. If someone who agrees with me, or you on much of it but then says or soes something stupid, it does nothing to discredit me or you. Or would you like to be held accountable for the stupid people on your side of the debate too?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The arguments presented against my post are just silly.

Warning: Paraphrasing ahead.

"America is sending the right message with terrorism, but not acting in the same vein."

No, they are not sending the right message by any stretch of the imagination, they are sending the message that it is okay to use terrorism and scare tactics to further their agendas... far from being even near right.

"Would you let me go through your mail?"

No, I am a private citizen... the government is not, they are OUR servants and are suppose to answer to their masters, the American people!

"Americans can not be trusted with this information."

I don't care how sensitive it is, as OUR servants, the American government has NO right to deny us information, especially on crimes the commit across the globe, or the ones they commit against their MASTERS... US!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

This isnt about what I or you thnk.. its whats being portrayed in the media and how it can be used against all of us. Thats what Im getting at. I am sure you'd understand this if you cared to. To believe that anonymous is what anonymous was.. it IS foolhardy.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

We are really???? could you link the threads where the users of this forum are trying to compile "dox" on people or posts from before this all started where ddos were encouraged?

These people are just doing what wikileaks is doing what's wrong with that?
edit on 11-12-2010 by aivlas because: posts to threads and we to people

edit on 11-12-2010 by aivlas because: people to users of this forum

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

The media will say what it wants anyway.

If they set up an actual leadership structure you can bet within a day the media will be reporting those people as terrorist child murdering paedophile rapists, as they've already been observed to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
WOW, I am surprised that this is this still running around, the idea of what Anonymous is...

I can't believe so many people think Anonymous is this secret internet group of hackers and that they have these secret websites and secret chat rooms...

Anonymous is all and all is Anonymous. Anyone is able to join Anonymous. If you wish to participate in any way, you're Anonymous. If you wish to plan something, you're Anonymous. If you hold the beliefs of freedom and justice and express it, you're Anonymous.

There is no membership, no leaders, no secret websites, no nothing.

How long is this information going to take to get into the minds of everybody on ATS? They're not a WikiLeaks type group that you can join or have some website.

Basically, they're not even a group...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

We know what they are, this isn't about that, this is about people on a anon irc trying to find info on the jester.

I recognize that "Anonymous" isn't an organization or even a group -- it's a "meme," which is to say, some people put out a call to action, and others take them up on it (or don't), and that is how "Anonymous" makes its decision. But many of us understand "Anonymous" to mean "that subset of /b/ readers and others who are, at this moment, participating in one action or another." It's tedious to have to write out this full epithet, and what's more, it's not as if Anonymous is the first phenomenon to be loosely structured -- after all, the "peace movement" or "environmental movement" had lots of different members who dissented on strategy, tactics, goals and commitments, and undertook many actions with support of different levels and intensity (including provocateurs, fellow travellers, and bystanders who got swept up along the way). But there was and is a "peace movement" and an "environmental movement" and it's not inaccurate to say, "Environmentalists oppose such-and-such," because anyone who has paid any attention knows that this means, "some environmentalists oppose such-and-such, others don't, some have no opinion, and there are no formal membership requirements for the 'environmental movement'." I can't see any point in the pedantic nitpicking about whether anyone can meaningfully discuss "Anonymous." There are people who sometimes call themselves Anonymous. They come together to do stuff, sometimes. Insisting on this formulation "Some anonymous people who have answered an anonymous call to action and are presently operating under the Anonymous banner," every time someone mentions Anonymous is just dumb.

www.boingboing.net...

edit on 11-12-2010 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As if anon will care... TheJester is just further proving himself to be a lame. "Oh, law enforcement, feel free to use this...!" What a tool.

Ahhh, secret anon chat logs! Now we'll all know the answer to that burning question...

"I HAARR YU LYKE TOARST?"

IMMA CHARGUN MAH LAZOR!11

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I don't think a lot of this site does understand what Anonymous truly is...

I've seen a lot of threads being posted up by other members believing that Anonymous is a person who's on ATS, or are a group of people.

I think many are confused.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Maybe or they are the normal kind of threads that show up on ats about any subject. The thread you are talking about may be off on what anon is, but people who are following anon in these attacks are on ats
so the thread isn't completely wrong.

Quote in my last post explains it well I think.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas

Maybe or they are the normal kind of threads that show up on ats about any subject. The thread you are talking about may be off on what anon is, but people who are following anon in these attacks are on ats
so the thread isn't completely wrong.

Quote in my last post explains it well I think.

Well, you and I understand, naturally, as does others, but it just seems as this gets bigger, disinformation continues to spread...

It's like Fox News on Anonymous...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Such an old news cast, can we at least use coverage from now.

mainstream media

What is Anonymous?

'Anonymous' describes itself as an 'internet gathering'. The term is used to describe a leaderless collective of people who come together online, commonly to stage a protest.

The groups vary in size and make-up depending on the cause. Members often identify themselves in web videos by wearing the Guy Fawkes masks popularised by the book and film V for Vendetta.

Its protests often take the form of disrupting websites and services.

Its use of the term Anonymous comes from a series of websites frequented by members, such as the anarchic image board 4Chan.

These allow users to post without having to register or provide a name. As a result, their comments are tagged "Anonymous".

In the past, groups have staged high-profile protests against plans by the Australian government to filter the internet and the Church of Scientology.

The latter spilled over into the real world with protests by masked members outside churches. An offshoot of Anonymous called Project Chanology focuses purely on this cause.

Many Anonymous protests tackle issues of free speech and preserving the openness of the net.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Not bad

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm cool with anon
I think they have provided a "cry havoc and let loose the dogs of war" necessary to get some attention. I like the new strategy they are taking. There is a real struggle here for our freedom and access to information we need to be informed of the actions of those we pay to be in our service. A bee sting here and there will just get ignored and forgotten, but when you are attacked by a swarm of stinging bees, your ass learns to respect the bees area of influence. lol

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

When you write certain blog posts, you expect to receive a lot of comments from the Intertubes. If you can imagine a social mixer between a special ed school and the local insane asylum, you might have the physical equivalent of a blog’s comment area for certain posts. So I was a little surprised when PDF security guru Didier Stevens walked into the room and made a relevant observation about the PDF’s metadata. His comment: the PDF’s raw creation date further points to the Anonymous Press Release from yesterday being created in Greece, which happens to be the homeland of a graphic artist with the same name as the pdf’s author field, Alex Tapanaris.

praetorianprefect.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I see a lot of people talking about anon, but really have no clue what they are.

4chan is full of people with just about every viewpoint on any given subject that you could think of. They are composed of people from all walks of life, and have different agendas.

Some of them do care about Wiki, some don't. There are ones who just want to see gore, nudity - while others want to help out (and some people just want to watch the world PUDDI)

Anon isn't exposed, you just happened to log copypasta some kids talking on IRC.

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by aivlas

I don't think a lot of this site does understand what Anonymous truly is...

I've seen a lot of threads being posted up by other members believing that Anonymous is a person who's on ATS, or are a group of people.

I think many are confused.

and yes, there are several people on here that could be considered anon

edit on 12-12-2010 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Haha, this thread is kind of trash and really poses no real relevance towards what's been happening.

The people at AnonOps could care less about thejester, he's just trying to pass along a retarded point - but he's more than welcome to talk trash, none of anon will care - and for the lulz more than likely he'll end up getting some unwanted attention.

thejester, also, isn't anon - he's a known disinfo agent.

edit to add:

Also, anon has since been proposing much peaceful protesting.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Revolution-2012 because: to add

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by Killface

then for the sake of argument. you wouldnt mind me showing up at your house and going through all your mail?

Although they didn't go through my mail. I had 21 teenagers in my house last night going through my fridge, ordering a $60.00 pay per view martial arts fight and screaming like crazy people.

At least their momma's taught them to take their shoes off at the door.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Killface
This is insane, when somebody stands up for the side you are supposedly on, you label them as the enemy. I have said it before, and I will say it again:

Did it ever occur to you that Anonymous is only standing up for Anonymous's interests? All they care about is getting some type of notoriety.

Originally posted by Killface
Who cares if a certain person or group has the wrong motives, if the message they are sending is the right one?

So, if these people were killing United States citizens instead of cyber-activism, you would not have a problem with the destruction they cause?

Understanding a person or group's motivations and how they are executed is very important. Hitler was motivated to create a perfect Utopian society. Jimmy Jones was also motivated to build a perfect Utopian society. Do you see the problem with your statement? Even though their motives were ideologically sound, how they executed those philosophies was horrific.

Motivations = You goals.
Actions = How you execute your goals.

If I am reading your statement correctly, you would follow Satan if he promised you salvation. As long as he is motivated to give you salvation, you don't care if Satan kills everyone in the process.

"Its not who you are on the inside, but what you do that defines you."

edit on 12-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join