It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So What's In It For Me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Hypothetically...

"I am a suicide bomber.

I die with Allahs name on my lips.

I look forwards to 72 virgins.

But wait...

I am a female suicide bomber, and even if I was that way inclined, my religion forbids it.

So, what's in it for me?

Male virgins?

Not much of a treat really..."

Just to clarify, before someone else says it - I know the Koran doesn't promise 72 virgins, but that's the popular misconception and belief...

I just wanted to highlight the disparity between male and female "not so smart bombs" or "suicide bombers"

That kind of narrows down the options a bit, as far as female "suicide bombers" are concerned.

It seems to me that everything is weighted in favour of the man - and I don't agree with that.

Then again, as an ex catholic, I see the same thing in western religions - the only difference is that it's less blatant, and we dress it up differently - if you follow the bible.

If you don't follow the bible, there are too many disparities to name - really, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

So many times, people forget that Islam and Christianity are worshipping the same god, by different names.

Time and time again, it comes back to who is bigger or stronger, or fish and bread, but that's really missing the point.

And the point is that women are a second class citizen according to many "texts"

For me, that is the single biggest reason to ignore all that stuff that's been written in books.

From Mohammed, to the ecumenical council of constantinople, the scourges, the fires and everything else that they say to try and cow us peasants.

I'm not falling for it anymore - take your "holy book" and leave me alone.

Don't pass judgement on me, because that's not your right.

I have no time for it.

Be a human, look at what you're saying, and think about it outside of the normal context you think in.

Then come back to me, and tell me about YOUR sacrifices, how you've made the world a better place, or perhaps some charity you've done.

If not,

don't bother.

edit on 10/12/2010 by budski because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/12/2010 by budski because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

From the religious perspective, the promise of Islam is to have a place in "heaven" who those who fight for "jihad".

The promise, heaven, ( via jihad) is supposedly "battle-driven;" not suicide bombing...

Suicide bombing is political-driven; even if you are a woman, your family is rewarded with monetary incentives.

You don't find many wealthy families that do it. Most are from very large families that live in poor conditions; thus, the desire for women to support their families.

Suicide bombing to Mid-East cultures is similar to drug-cartels in Western cultures, IMO

Agree or disagree?

ETA- after reading your edit(s), I'm not sure this should be in ME issues or Religious issues?

edit on 10-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Oh, I agree absolutely, but this isn't just about Islam.

There are as many oddballs in christianity as there are in Islam.

The difference is that the MSM has focussed on the FOREIGNERS, and made them "THE ENEMY"

lol

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I believe females have their own heaven..

top topics

join