It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.C. teen 'likely' fell from airplane, DA Keating says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

N.C. teen 'likely' fell from airplane, DA Keating says

www.boston.com

CANTON -- Delvonte Tisdale stowed away on a commercial jet and fell out of the aircraft as it neared Boston's Logan Airport last month, Norfolk District Attorney William R. Keating said today that evidence collected by his office suggests.

He called Tisdale death a tragedy for the teen’s family – and a worrisome breach of airport security at a time when travelers are subjected to body searches and forced to use full-body scanners before they can board.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 10-12-2010 by hplovecraft2000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by hplovecraft2000 because: title, headline

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
this is a crazy case, this kids body shows up one day mutilated on a nice suburban street south of boston, ma. they thought it was a murder and a body dump, but someone realized that the body was found under a busy flight path to Logan airport.

it will be interesting to see the repercussions for TSA security going forward.

www.boston.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.wsoctv.com...

Report: Aviation Grease Found On Pants Of Teen Found Dead Near Boston

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Eyewitness News is learning more about what may have happened to a Charlotte teenager who was found dead in Massachusetts if he did stow away in the wheel well of an airplane, which is one theory that police have looked into.

Eyewitness News' affiliate in Boston reported that law enforcement sources are nearly certain Delvonte Tisdale stowed away in a jet and died when landing gear was lowered outside of Boston. Sources tell the TV station that aviation grease was found on the 16-year-old's pants.

Pilots and an aerodynamic expert told Eyewitness News that if Tisdale was a stowaway, he most likely died soon after he made it onto the plane. They said he may have passed out from a lack of oxygen or been overcome by the cold temperatures at the high altitude.

Robert Johnson, the dean of engineering at UNC Charlotte, said a plane flying from North Carolina to Boston usually flies above 35,000 feet. “The rule of thumb is zero to 10,000 feet is where most of us can live comfortably," Johnson said.

Tisdale's body was found in Milton, Mass., on Nov. 15 in an area that is on the approach path for planes landing at Boston's airport. His body suffered massive trauma, including several broken bones.

Eyewitness News contacted Charlotte Douglas International Airport about the case. A spokeswoman said the airport is not a part of the investigation.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Just one question, how do you 'fall' out of an airplane? Even if your a stowaway, how?
edit on 10/12/2010 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hplovecraft2000

Another interesting case, of wheel-well stowaways.....NOT a very good idea, obviously. Lay public are generally ignorant of reason why, as demonstrated in this story.

Still....it doesn't seem to be much of a TSA issue, exactly. You'd be amazed at how easy it is to breach an airport perimeter, from outside. TSA is tasked more with the actual security screening itself, of known passengers (and cargo, where appropriate).

Airport perimeter security is the matter of the individual Airport Authority, and while the "standards" are published by FAA (and others, like DHS), specific details of compliance are somewhat discretionary. As long as they meet the "minimum" requirements....

Noting that the flight departed about 1900, it would have been dark by then....so, the kid could have snuck onto the field, and scampered into the wheel well, when no one was around. I looked up a typical flight, from Charlotte to Boston. Since it was a 737 mentioned in the article, I assume it was USAir. Anyway, total time is about 1 1/2 hours, and typically planned at 35,000 to 37,000 feet for cruise altitude.

SO, not only will you freeze at those altitudes, but die from lack of oxygen, too. Typical temperature, that altitude? -50 to -60 degrees Celsius.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
he could have stored himself with the landing gear.

That being said, i find this story very fishy! Things don't add up.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The reason this thing does not add up is that he did not fall out of an airplane.

He had been abducted by aliens and, i believe, managed to thwart the abduction and perhaps escape the ship.

the "massive" skeletal and tissue damage occurred as the result of falling from an altitude perhaps in excess of 70,000 feet.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BarmyBilly

...how do you 'fall' out of an airplane?

He was in the wheel well. I am quite familiar with the Boeing 737....there are no gear doors on the Main Gear....except for the fixed ones, attached to the landing gear strut. The openings were the tires and wheels go are just big enough to clear the size of the tires, and they lay almost flush with the bottom of the fuselage and wing, there. If you notice, next time you go to the airport, you will see that ALL 737s have "hubcaps"...they aren't there to look pretty, they are actually a mandatory requirement, as they provide a "smoothing" surface, when the gear are retracted.

BTW...when the wheels are in the wells, there is not enough clearance, between the inner wheel assembly, and the top of the well/bottom of the cabin floor, for a person. BUT, a very thin, small person, if lucky, can maneuver to the center, between where the wheels lay, when up. As gear comes up, and he doesn't get crushed in the process. Above the inner wheel, when stowed, is about seven inches (or less, I forget). PLUS, a lot of bumpy, gnarly things.....

Obviously, to your question: When the gear was extended prior to landing, the body (for he was long dead, by then) fell out.....

HERE is a photo of the inside of a 737 wheel well...you are looking at a ninety-degree angle, from side-to-side, at the mechanic on the other side, poking his head up...the photographer is in the opposite side wheel well:

Here is a good shot, of wheels up, and the center portion for scale (and the "hubcaps"):

edit on 10 December 2010 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

The news article said he was in an ROTC program at the age of 16. Doesn't fit the profile of a refuge trying to escape some third world country. He could just as easily hitch a ride to Boston with some truck drivers. There is something wrong with this story.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
According to the local news here, a high quality grease, a type used by the avaition industry, was found smeared on his clothes. He was in the Air Force ROTC program at his high school. All indications point to a bright and well liked student.

My wife and I were discussing this and we believe that he made the trip on a dare. He would've stowed on any aircraft, not knowing it's destination, and called home upon arrival at unknown destination for confirmation.

While there are criticism of the TSA about this incident, their job is to scrutinize passengers boarding an airliner on this inside of the airport. To get into the landing gear compartment, he'd have to wait outside the airliners terminal and hop onto the struts as the jet was in it's initial phase to taxi onto the runway.

I'm really sure that a passenger had to see him come towards the plane. A ground crew should've spotted him when loading the luggage and mail. It's not impossible to board a plane in this manner. It would've been the job of airport security and airport personnel to spot this teenager especially in a restricted area of an airport that reserved for employees only.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
The reason this thing does not add up is that he did not fall out of an airplane.
He had been abducted by aliens and, i believe, managed to thwart the abduction and perhaps escape the ship.
the "massive" skeletal and tissue damage occurred as the result of falling from an altitude perhaps in excess of 70,000 feet.

Yup...that would account for the aircraft grease, now, wouldn't it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just heard on the Charlotte news channel that Homeland Security is stating terrorists may target that airport because of the security breech.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Maybe it was Rexon RX-688, but to get on the plane he would have to figure out how to get past the shutters unless an alien beamed him up?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
another fishy thing about this story to me, there must be cameras all over the airport. we know the plane and where it took off from there should be security footage of this kid in the airport. or on the runway something. if he was in the ROTC program then he must have access to some areas but still someone should have known where he was. VERY strange story.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Oh I can't wait to see what, if any, evidence at all that you have that supports this theory. Please share it with us or did you just make this up? My magic 8 ball says you made it up and it's never wrong

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Its a shame he pulled a stunt that cost him his life.. Been a couple cases am aware of where palestinian refugees stowed away on aircraft landing gear and survived.. One was apprehended in singapore by the authorities a few years back when he crawled out and was leaving changi airport.. The other was caught climbing out of the landing gear at klia in kuala lumpur malaysia a couple months later.. Both were deported to their country of origin.. So yes it does happen just lucky those 2 survived..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Oh I can't wait to see what, if any, evidence at all that you have that supports this theory. Please share it with us or did you just make this up? My magic 8 ball says you made it up and it's never wrong

That's easy enough to prove.

- We all know airports have absolutely unbreakable security, as all the security staff are well-paid, brilliant, constantly on the ball, eagle-eyed and absolutely above reproach. Therefore Delvonte Tisdale could not have stowed away because no-one could get away with any surrepticious behaviour on the airfield.

- Alien spaceships are rarely seen, which proves they usually travel in stealth mode.
No alien craft were seen in the area, which proves they were there in stealth mode.

- When aliens visit earth in stealth mode, their primary aim is to abduct humans, as proven by the many abduction stories which have been heard from people who have visited certain therapists.
No other humans reported being abducted that day, therefore they must have abducted Delvonte.

- When aliens abduct a person, their SOP is to probe all orifices, impregnate with an alien baby and implant metal objects which are immediately distinguishable from anything which could be manufactured on earth.
Obviously they mutilated his body afterwards to disguise the fact that they had carried out these proceedures on him. Therefore the mutilation itself is proof that aliens did indeed carry out the aforementioned proceedures.

- A fall from such a height would necessarily entail bumping into a few planes on the way down and consequently experiencing multiple contacts with airplane grease. A fall from a plane, being from a lower altitude, would only result in one such contact. So a fall from a spaceship would be much more likely to result in airplane grease on clothing. Therefore the presence of the grease is further proof that the fall was from a spaceship, not an airplane.

Oh, and btw, the aliens beamed up your magic 8-ball and replaced it with an alien one. It is now recording your every move, spying on your computer and getting ready to insert the implant and impregnate you.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thank you for the useful info

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

this is an excellent analysis. i would like to share this with the mufon people and with stanton friedman this afternoon.

if possible, i will try to persuade a history channel expose for early next spring.

top topics

join