It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this Brave 15 year old Stand Against the New World Order! Are you?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel121
Them rioters just heard a story without being bothered to check the details before getting outraged, i bet american students are looking on thinking "so what why all the fuss, you have it a hell of alot easier than us in paying for university education".

The thought crossed my mind, we don't seem to get as much aid in that regard. Then again over here when the government does spend money on social programs like that, a lot of (traditionally conservative) people get angry about the larger role government is assuming and the increased taxes and etc.

But what really gets me, is that people over there will apparently get this angry over education funding, while over here in the US our 1st amendment rights and lots of other rights are being blatantly dismantled under legislation giving discretion to people we often don't even elect, and we have none of this kind of rioting over it. Our Bill of Rights was the sort of thing we were taught growing up that many people from past generations died for, and that the freedoms were worth dying for. Yet when they take them away for "national security" it doesn't even make a debate on our joke TV programming. That's what's really frustrating. At least if anyone is rioting, no one seems to know about it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
THe new generation of guts is arrving

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There's a lot more to the student/university issue.

Exams have been made ridiculously easy, so everyone with half a brain gets grade A's - then they all want to go to uni.

University is supposed to be for the cream, not for every man and his dog to go.

If everyone has a degree, then it becomes valueless, and that is what is happening - the exams are now so easy they mean nothing.

You get questions that used to appear on O level papers appearing on A level papers, and according to one lecturer that I know the kids are so unprepared educationally when they arive, the first 12 months or more are spent trying to fill in the gaps and get them up to speed.

In the meantime the rest of us, the taxpayers get to pay for all of this, the kids get into huge amounts of debt, and then leave to find no jobs.

Whats the benefit of going to uni, getting a degree, having a huge amount of debt, and then going into a job that you could have walked into after leaving school 20 years ago, no degree necessary.

It's all a big scam, I can't decide if it's to fudge the unemployment numbers, kid everyone that education is in great shape, or to make sure people are in debt at the earliest opportunity so that they are enslaved.

One things sure - these kids aren't bright enough to see the futility of where they find themselves, which says it all really.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Please tell me you are joking, this kid is not a soros pawn, geez you must be watching too much Glenn Beck. He's just a kid reasonably eloquent who is pissed at the way he was treated by the police.

A Soros pawn, whatever next?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebel121
Agreed, the aggressive riots were pointless, so what if the tuition fees are being increased, its a loan that after 25yrs get written off whether they paid a penny or not and they only have to start paying it if they earn more than £15k ($30k) a year and only have to pay back 9% on anything they earn a year over that threshold.

Them rioters just heard a story without being bothered to check the details before getting outraged, i bet american students are looking on thinking "so what why all the fuss, you have it a hell of alot easier than us in paying for university education".

Perhaps their math is better than yours. The overall tax burden is increased with the treasury extracting the debt on behalf of the banks who secured the government contracts to let the loans.

The national average income in the UK is £23K. Deduct £2,500 employee's National Insurance , £3,500 income tax and £1,000 to pay the student tax, leaves approximately £17,000 expendable income to buy food and pay 20% VAT on everything else purchased.

Cost of average first time buyer property in the UK £80-90K.

Perhaps, by the time these new English graduates are approaching their dotage, they may have somehow saved the 30% deposit required to buy the roof over their heads.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GlennCanady

If I remember the news reports, the protests were about entitlements and free education. Since they are now responsible for a portion of their education bill, large groups of students have been protesting violently in the UK. As someone who is paying a $37,000 educational bill (in the U.S.), I find his 'entitlement' attitude to be very foolish.

He is from the "Entitlement" generation. All they want is FREE stuff. Its rather sickening.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I posted this video on my face book status, this is something that needs to go viral. Very motivational considering the source is a 15 year old adolescent.

The first part of the video where he explains that his generation is supposed to be the generation of face book and factor X, yet is clearly demonstrating the opposite is a breath of fresh air.

He is the epitome of what a truly free thinking and independent human being is supposed to act like.

S&F I'm going to try and show this to as many people as possible in hopes they find it as motivating as I did.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
That was a great speech.
Took a bit of courage but am I totally impressed or in shock? ..Nope..
I see bravery when one takes to the streets and turns their words into actions.
JMO.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

If I remember the news reports correctly, they were protesting because they will be responsible for 20% of the cost of an education. Within the United States educational system, we have been paying about 30% while they were getting it free.

He is form the "Entitlement" generation.

Although I agree "entitlement" is a very bad "norm" to be operating off of, I don't know if I would sweep all his arguments or points under that "entitlement" rug.

Obviously demonstrating is an attempt to get a point across that in and of itself implies initiative and work, so I couldn't justifiably argue they are lazy and entitled.

Lazy people don't protest and stand up for a quality of life they believe in and refuse to accept less than. Which is what appears to be what this gentleman is attempting to state by the only means he has necessary.

Honestly let's be real and think about this. The accepted and "appropriate" methods for him to protest his grievances and express his desires and needs also tend to yield "0" results...especially for someone his age. What person in authority would take note of the issues a "15 year old" may have? If it isn't face book and "x factor" related he is presumed to be speaking out of his realm, age group and ignored.

I don't think he simply relaying and protesting a message of entitlement. I think there is more there than that.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by plainsmen83

I agree with you to an extent. The purpose of a campus is to breed creativity and ensure that students can meet others who share opposing viewpoints. This is a good thing. (The school sports and such are real waste of time and money because in the end, championships and trophies are ultimately meaningless.) A lot of universities, colleges, and junior colleges are now using online classes. I've taken some courses that way and I must say that they are very ineffective in some regards. You don't have an environment of discussion as you would in a classroom. They utilize message boards like this but I find it easier and more productive to discuss things in person at times. Also, my teacher is more readily available and I don't have to wait for an e-mail response. On the other hand, I can do my work and study on my own time. I can go at a slightly slower pace if need be because I'm afforded more time by not going to a classroom.

I can see pro's and cons to a virtual education system. Myself, I believe it's a matter of personal choice or circumstances. But, I do see what you're getting at.

Super technology can be achieved. I believe there are already machines whose parts do not touch so they don't ever break down. Electromagnetism is an exciting venture. Only it's being used in weaponry as of late. See here:
www.digitaltrends.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There are many like him here in the UK and they have been voicing their feelings on way more than Uni costs going up.

Should it be any wonder that as we wake up so should many others at diffirent times in their lives? I am forever the optimist, our time is close at hand. If you believe in your cause, no matter what age you are you will stand when the time comes.

In the past Ive stood and been hit when Thatcher waged war on the miners, when the free spirits of Greenham froze in their tents and when councils made closed door decisions about our future. Nowadays I do it with a camera in my hand and I am proud to say the younger generation are fully on board.I have seen them.

Will they duck the final confrontation? I think not.

Respects

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Lets just get this straight. He is not demanding free education. In Britain we pay taxes. The taxes are for things like health care and education, we pay a lot in taxes and in return expect a reasonable high standard of services. That's the deal. You pay your tax you recieve a service. Its about investing in your society. You invest in the education of the future bankers, lawyers, doctors nurses, scientists, architects etc etc.

I dont have kids, it doesn't mean i dont want my tax to be spent on the education of other peoples children. The problem comes when governments collude with business and the tax payers money is used to prop up Capitalist institutions that are deemed too big to fail. So that tax we have been paying for educating and investing in our future has now been transfered to plug the holes created by greedy bankers.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
For the love of whatever god you believe in, this student isn't referencing any 'new world order' faction, but a misguided belief that a university education should be paid for by the state.

Why this has become a top ATS story only confirms that the ATS member-base is now of the Facebook generation.

Edit: Please stop the adulation for this character. It is undeserved.
edit on 11-12-2010 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

Your government started cutting education funding deals with the banks long before ours did.

And yes, many English would like to see the continuence of state investment in individual futures because we know that students are not scroungers even if some tax payers seem envious of the perceived freedoms of not yet being screwed by the daily grind.
edit on 11/12/2010 by teapot because: add a bit

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is what my generation needs more of! Rioting looks fun, we should do it in the us.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well said Woodward...I too pay taxes and expect my tax pounds to help those people who need it and to help those who can't afford an education and to better society as a whole and that is a good thing I am from Canada and i have been living in England now for 7yrs ...i ahve lived all over the states and mexico and singapore and New Zealand...and I think that providing a social backbone for the people is one of the best things that can be done for people...It gives people a step up and Yes someimes people abuse the system but as a whole It is better for society to not to fear how they will be medically taken care of or if they will have a roof over their heads or if they can feed their families...so i believe in a social system... cause you never know when you will need it...as for supporting education that can only be a good thing...and TPTB would prefer to dumb us down and that is not only a bad thing it does not help economically...So I don't listen to American rubbish when it comes to taking care of your own people.....capitalism is not the only way forward....It is a way to support the people ....it is greed of captalists that is destroying nations....Just cause the people help to pay for an education through the tax system...doesn't mean you are getting things handed to you on a plate,you still have to work hard to achieve...and any students work very hard and the hardest working students are the one who struggle through on a measly subsistance that they get provided by the tax system.
So Keep up the fight lads and make your mark...bout time The English had the balls to actually fight for whats right in this highly expensive and over taxed society....heck with all the taxes paid in this country they couldn't even keep the roads functional during..SUPRISE...winter.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamma MO

About what? No, I don't watch the London news or any other news, it's all propaganda and this kid's speech sounds like a 70s song. It tells me nothing, only he doesn't have a backup band!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

That's one heck of a generalization. There were plenty of Cambridge/Oxford students at that protest, and they didn't get easy exams, that's for sure.

If you take away the generalization, I do see your point when it comes to some Universities.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

This is why the BNP should be in power.

The brits are following suit as in Germany. IF you dont have the funds, dont spend it. If your spending too much, stop!

Kinda like Dave Ramsey's philosophy!

these kids are being used as pawns. period. No grandeur or fine speechs can cover the fact that they are a bunch of idiots with delusions of "beating the system". The PTB are using them according to plan.

i could not agree more, also what you said about the immigration laws forget the illegal one's
but they do count,we as a country have been fully infiltrated by foreigners.

not only do they breed like mad, sponge off the welfare system,now they have OUR JOBS.
even employment is handed out with no hope of it lasting thanks to i would say AT LEAST 80%
jobs been through "agency's" there is near ZERO hope of getting work in the UK that will last
through 3 months. I should know i have and am in that situation at the moment.it stinks.

where have company family values gone? i tell ya where, they know they can pick any one
of the millions of polish (just insert the non UK born citizen here) and pay them less than the
minimum wage and to add insult to that you can be dispensed of with no rights as a worker
no holiday pay no sick pay, the list goes on these job agency's are like a disease.

so i don't really hold much hope for the young students who are protesting cos when all said
and done there will be no jobs in the UK for most of them so they will have to leave the UK to
find work.

sorry sad place to make a living here and i hold many qualifications in a few fields but they
count for squat.
This country is corrupt from within you cannot help but be racist when you see that
the job and housing and welfair is been given to those not even from this ONCE GREAT COUNTRY.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Cheers man.
I'm glad I brought some hope to you, the puppeteers need to realize that they can't keep performing the same show over and over again through the generations.
What made me so against them is how they want us to provide for them, not the other way around.

Have a good day sir

reply to post by wayno

I look up to figures like John Lennon and John Kennedy because they used their fame to get a message of unity. So I do realize that Generations before us were against these schemes. But we haven't learnt about these figures through schooling, I learnt most of this information through documentaries online which probably wasn't available through many generations.

I believe the lessons learnt from past generations mistakes and successes coupled with knowledge of computers and the internet my generation has the potential to do some damage to these schemes.

Cheers
Brady

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join