It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The FNG you'll love to hate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Like many i have seen here before me i have "lurked" in the forums for quite a long time. Absorbing the ways and means of my, now fellow ATSers. It has actually been 3+ years since i was introduced to these forums by a fellow free thinker, family member and all around decent person. I have choosen to publicly join here now, feeling the need to input on more than few topics as they are close to my heart. Though i am not a very socially outgoing person, i have been known be very outspoken and abruptly truthful when the need arises, and while i understand all too well that sometimes the truth hurts, i firmly believe that "If the truth hurts, you must be doing something wrong"
It is my hope, that in time, i will become a mindful and meaningful contributor to the community (and the planet).
Though my personal beleifs and experiences are not up for debate, i am sure(positive actually) that at some point they will present themselves.
So until then lets enjoy and appreaciate eachothers contributions and take them not at face value but as something that each of us hold close to our hearts and our minds.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
Like many i have seen here before me i have "lurked" in the forums for quite a long time. Absorbing the ways and means of my, now fellow ATSers. It has actually been 3+ years since i was introduced to these forums by a fellow free thinker, family member and all around decent person. I have choosen to publicly join here now, feeling the need to input on more than few topics as they are close to my heart. Though i am not a very socially outgoing person, i have been known be very outspoken and abruptly truthful when the need arises, and while i understand all too well that sometimes the truth hurts, i firmly believe that "If the truth hurts, you must be doing something wrong"
It is my hope, that in time, i will become a mindful and meaningful contributor to the community (and the planet).
Though my personal beleifs and experiences are not up for debate, i am sure(positive actually) that at some point they will present themselves.
So until then lets enjoy and appreaciate eachothers contributions and take them not at face value but as something that each of us hold close to our hearts and our minds.

Welcome to the fold RR

God knows there's plenty of us like you. I personally find someone questioning my beliefs (which I most certainly outspoken on) refreshing in that it makes me challenge my own assumptions about life, society and the universe.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your posts.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

welcom to ats for real
it only gets real when you post
i think your first post should be an introduction post
but if you are truly a thinker and talker i dont think anyone will mind
a mod will be along to post the terms and conditions

above all
enjoy and share the site with like minded people
have fun
ats member Xploder

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

I hate you already! J/K.
Welcome friend.
Would you mind if I asked you to further your meaning of this; "i firmly believe that "If the truth hurts, you must be doing something wrong."
In healing a wound, you have to clean out the dirt, which hurts- for the wound to heal without getting infected. Infection is like covering-up the truth with a lie. These types of wounds only fester, IMHO.

ETA- I'm slow.
You need not explain the query I asked above. I understand.
edit on (12/10/1010 by loveguy because: edit

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Hi and welcome RadicalRebel.

A lot here to challenge and sometimes, solidify, beliefs.
Have fun and explore, see you on the boards!

top topics

join