It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam Should Be Against The Law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

And you are offended Why? Because I don't see Islam as a religion? If it was a religion then they would have rights like all the other religions. But since they are not a "religion" then I guess you are offended because I think they are a cult.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

You are so funny...

I'm nowhere near South Carolina. People down there have no teeth??

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You know what, I completely agree. I think while we're at it we should outlaw all religions that do bad things. For example:

www.youtube.com...

These people are INSANE. They are brainwashing children and making them speak in tongues and a bunch of other crazy s**t. Yeah, since these people claim to be Christian, I think we should outlaw Christianity. This makes sense, right?

OH WAIT. The people in this video are NOT representative of the whole of Christianity. There are good Christians, like Mother Teresa, Dorothy Day, many of our original founding fathers... yeah, even though there are some INSANE Christians in the world, that doesn't mean Christianity itself should be outlawed. It's the same with Islam.

THE MUSLIMS YOU SEE ON TV ARE THE MUSLIMS OUR GOVERNMENT WANTS YOU TO SEE. Don't you see? They WANT you to hate Muslims because when you are worried about terrorism you aren't seeing the real issue, which is that it is THE GOVERNMENT who are terrorizing us. The Muslims you see on TV, the ones strapping bombs to their chests, are akin to Islam like those Jesus Camp People are to Christianity. They are a small, extreme minority. Our media is manipulating it to make it SEEM like that is the whole of Islam, but this simply isn't true.

Fight against our REAL enemy today, OP: the government! Give up the hatred they have tried to instill in you!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

No, i agree with you about them being a cult; as i posted the definition of CULT and ALL ORGANIZED religion fall into that category..

I am offended by you calling yourself a patriot but then saying "This group of people should NOT enjoy the same freedoms as I do."

America was founded on the beliefs of FREEDOM; not SEPARATION/SEGREGATION.. The Statue of Liberty says "Send us you're tired, your'e hungry, you're poor" Not "Agree with us or leave"

You need to take a step back and look at your personal beliefs and then look at what it means to be AMERICAN..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

Firstly. A cult is a religious group.

Secondly, a cult is a very small and secluded religous group. Islam was once a cult, as were buddhism, christianity, and any other major religious group.

thirdly, you want us to either put them in internment camps or be deported for being muslim. This is violation of: The First Amendment and the sixth amendment, and probably the fourth amendment in most casses, as well as a violation of habeas corpus. And there's probably some other violations in there as well, but I think you can get my point.

Fourthly, The constitution has been shredded by people like YOU who want to deny basic rights protected by the constitution.

Fifthly, If the government is already tyrannical...Why,why,why,why, why in the world would you want to give them more power to do even more tyrannical things?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/10 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I frankly don’t think the OP could intelligently define the word cult; I doubt he she or it has any understanding of what it means

I would enlighten the OP, But another cultist named Jesus advises regarding situations like this:

CAST NOT PEARLS AT THE FEET OF SWINE!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

I posted the definition for him; but he is too busy telling us to "Wake Up" to open his eyes

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I am sorry to say my friend you wasted your time

Some abide in the infinitesimal space of their own dark ignorance that precludes any light of understanding coming out of the black hole of their mind.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spacekc929

I don't think that speaking in tongues can be in any way compared to teaching kids to kill all the unbelievers and teaching them to make the infidels believe you are their friend while plotting to kill them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Interesting concept, the banning of a religious belief cause of a few extremist, that take such to a level where it shows a more violent side. Religion, the belief in the divine has been around since the dawn of man kind, where it gives hope and an idea on how people should live, to include how they should act. There are extremist in a majority of the different religions, leading to those to commit acts that are so abhorrent, vile and evil, it gives the entire group a bad name. There are not innocent religions as it were, as they all have had their times of violence, often committing acts that neither represent the very ideas that they would espouse nor would they care to admit such. It would be a shame if the actions of a few, were to cause the banning of an entire religion and culture. It is not a cult, as the people are devout in their faith, but take a look at any major religion out there, they too have very specific guides as to how to live and act. The really shame of it all, the entire problem with all religions, is that the extremist often take only a few passages from what they believe, rather than taking the entire of what is written and missing the message. At one time the Islamic world was the top and at the forefront of many advances, and free thought, even when such was banned by the Christian world. We should give more of a tolerance to those who are devout, as they provide hope, when all seems hopeless.
Yet at the same time, the other aspect and problem is that too many moderate in Islam that do not speak up, are afraid to offend, and that ultimately is the real shame of it all. If they were to take the time to stand up, and show to the entire world that they are not the extremist, willing to die for their own belief, to protect that very belief that they practice, then perhaps the world would have a different opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Perhaps the Spanish Inquisition compares then? The Mayans ring a bell? What about the crusades?

I must admit, I personally dislike Sharia a great deal; it is archaic, sexist and just plain wrong on so many other levels. However, one thing I dislike more is when Christians get on their high horses and judge this religion because of, among other things, its aggressive attitude towards outsiders and its manner of spreading through-out the world, when in-fact, Christianity has acted just as despicably in the past.

I realise you haven't stated you are Christian, however, you have made Islam the scapegoat, and appear to view Christianity in a very biased light.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
And yes, all Muslims are radical if they practice Islam. The Koran tells them to lie and make the unbeliever think they are your friend and that they are a peaceful people while behind your back they plan your death. I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I don't care. If I cared, I wouldn't be writing this thread.

Can you tell us what page and verse in the Koran says to lie and make the unbeliever think they are your friend?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ScepticalBeliever

Personally for the record.
I hate Islam. I don't hate Islamic People, as the religion does not always define a person..
I do however hate everything about the religion and like many religions it is a clearly archaic system of belief..

But they still have a right to exist, and if they decide to target innocent people over extreme beliefs then they should be shot at that point.

But the OP takes it too far to suggest that we should round up Islamic people and throw them in internment camps.

I also wish the Islamic community would stop being pansies on the topic and reach out to people to show them that they are not all dangerous. Too many people seem to be un informed or deliberately mis-informed, mostly by Christian groups are while not usually advocation the death of Islamic people, they are fighting their own crusade to convert and that starts with scaring people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
How convenient.. Amerikans rant about their constitutional rights.. Yet only want the ones that suit them.. So much for freedom of religion as stated in the constitution.. Oh thats right am forgetting in the new totalitarian states of amerika the people have no rights.. All heil der fuhrer and carry on...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
A few extremists??
You are forgetting that it is the energy and determination of those few extremists who have the power to carry all the others with them. Historically it has been the few extremists who have caused all the great changes in the world.
So far the muslims have been winning.
They are offended by our Christmas decorations, so we obligingly take them down.
It is politically incorrect to say, "Merry Christmas" anymore.
Locally the banks do not erect Christmas trees so as not to offend and to show respect.

Doesn't this bother anyone?
This IS our coutnry, isn't it?
Shouldn't the immigrants show respect for our traditions and not complain?

I'd be happy to contribute $$ to the rounding up and deporting of the whole lot of them.

It isn't about denying anyone the right to practice their religion.
It is about denying them the right to come in and change our traditions and our laws.

If they are so offended, why did they come here?
They knew that this is mostly a Christina nation.
Obviously they came with the full intent to change it to suit themselves.
Those of you who support them are outright Traitors.
Would you like the US to become an Islamic country with Sharia law?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I agree with you 100%- apologies if you are Christian and you thought I was bashing all Christians, because I wasn't. As you say, everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, at the end of the day- I just wish some would think more objectively before they voiced them. Absolute certainty is the real evil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join