It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Sets World Record With Incredible, Sci-Fi Weapon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
When will we get weapons of peace....

That would be flower petals tossed by scantily glad barefoot wenches? We tried hat 'Flower Power" in the 70's didn't work much...

More recently we saw another cutie blowing bubbles at the police... that didn't work either

Now those other guys... they have weapons of peace.. well so they claim
Taliban Peace Reconciliation Program

I bet they are more effective for 'keeping the peace' than flowers or bubbles... but then it's intent that couunts, and if the intent is to blow you to peices... well it's the INTENT we need to eliminate... So arm up every body, because if we all blow each other to pieces, there will be peace on Earth... at least for whatever survives

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I posted a reply here www.abovetopsecret.com... some time ago.
Not being a braggart, nor a Howard Roark, I said I knew this was already here back in the 70's.
Damn, you guys sometimes don't see the forest for the trees. Wait till you find out what the A/C can really do to the enemies. Not to laugh about people dying, but you guys got no frigging clue what is coming if you make posts such as this. And all of this advance tech comes from the U.S. fighting for a 400 ship Navy. Put that in your pipe.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Navy sets World Record for most money spent on flashy weapon...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

All R&D is expensive. It's not like going down to Wal-Mart or your local hardware store to buy an item. R&D is expensive because theories haven't been thoroughly proven. Once the bugs are out, the weapon will go into production mode thus greatly decreasing its cost.

If we're developing it then you can always bet on a sure thing that the enemy is working on something similar.

The name of the game is to stay one step ahead of them. The thought of humans ever enjoying peace is a fantasy. Peace only exists to stoned-out hippies living in a colony somewhere in the backwoods of Washington never to have a backbone.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
More weapons so they can use them on us and the world. If they spent as much time and money on peace, medical cures and the economy instead of weapon development, what a better world this would be.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

Wow...its finally here. The US is has in just the last few weeks released some incredible weaponry right down to the new sniper rifle that can shoot over half a mile and its bullet explodes with the force of a grenade and can be programmed to detonate at a specified range.

Now the rail gun. This bad-boy has 33 megajoules of energy. As the article states, one megajoule is the equivalent of a 2,000 pound car slamming into something at 100MPH. Now multiply that force by 33.

Combine this with the "Rods from God" using the XB-37 and the weapons platforms are changing quickly.

AND this is just the stuff that is made public.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-12-2010 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

How much time until someone starts targeting volcanic craters, near surface fault lines, river dams with those "babies"? Projectiles that the eye can hardly detect since they be moving many times the speed of sound are practically invisible and undetectable. How much time since someone puts his nuclear arsenal in defcon 4 because of some earthquake season? Doesn't need too much for a mistake to happen somewhere. Armageddon anyone?

Only counter to this undetectable non traceable kinetic force aftermath should be EMP force fields which means the enemy has to research for technology that would lead to further manipulation of the weather.
An array of such an "invisible" arsenal could prove to be a very successful coercer in diplomatic means as far as projection of power internationally goes. Any non allied powers should have been starting to research countermeasures even before some time ago in order to just stay relevant.
edit on 11-12-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT
Not being a braggart, nor a Howard Roark, I said I knew this was already here back in the 70's.
Damn, you guys sometimes don't see the forest for the trees. Wait till you find out what the A/C can really do to the enemies. Not to laugh about people dying, but you guys got no frigging clue what is coming if you make posts such as this. And all of this advance tech comes from the U.S. fighting for a 400 ship Navy. Put that in your pipe.

So now the "allies" or non allies have to use preemptive strategy in order to steer themselves out of being underhanded in the future which means the allies need to put more authoritarian and police state measures in place and have the entire population been treated as the enemy. Which all is really a war that cannot be won for any of the warring sides.
edit on 11-12-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

The name of the game is to stay one step ahead of them. The thought of humans ever enjoying peace is a fantasy. Peace only exists to stoned-out hippies living in a colony somewhere in the backwoods of Washington never to have a backbone.

While the rest of your post was well thought out, I think this last part has a fatal flaw.

In your description here, these 'backwoods hippies' have more of a backbone than most of us. They leave the heavily policed communities where their hard earned money is stolen by the very governments that profess to protect them. These 'Stoned-out' hippies are ahead of the game, but this whole response is IMHO, of course. You're free to your opinion, as I am to mine.

edit on 11-12-2010 by jephers0n because: Stupid grammatical error

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The funniest thing about this thread are the replies. My experiment was validated. If the article was about Iran developing this technology it would be celebrated on here and everyone would be talking about what a great thing it is. Hippocracy proven. Im done. Thanks for playing!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Yeah thanks god, it would prevent third world country like North Korea picking on first world countries like South Korea. I bet you agree with me on that.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Whos they? You just talking about the U.S.? Or other countries?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
More weapons so they can use them on us and the world. If they spent as much time and money on peace, medical cures and the economy instead of weapon development, what a better world this would be.

Yeah imagine... no wars... no one getting sick and dying... feed the starving masses so they can breed and over populate the planet... means more cows to feed em which in turn produces more greenhouse gas that will heat up the climate....

Oh wait... that is what the NWO wants isn't it? 90% reduction of world population?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LAUGHING-CAT

Yeah the problem is too much info and too little time... plus the attention span of the general populace. We see a video on youtube of the NAVY testing a laser from ship to shoot down a drone... people comment and say "looks like that was filmed in the 70's"... Come to find out that they DID do that first laser drone shoot down in 1972

Ah well what can we do? How many times has someone posted an answer with documents here. only to have the very next poster say " I see no evidence..."

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I was talking about the U.S. but you're right, every country should be focused on providing a better and peaceful life for their citizens.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The funniest thing about this thread are the replies. My experiment was validated. If the article was about Iran developing this technology it would be celebrated on here and everyone would be talking about what a great thing it is. Hippocracy proven. Im done. Thanks for playing!!

Iran CAN NOT even take their crude oil and turn it into gasoline.

Iran can't make squat. Without Germany's centrifuges, Russia's Scientists, and China's help as well....there is NO way Iran could even get a simple nuclear power station going.

The ONLY reason Iran is on our target right now is because THEY are one of China's fuel sources. Stop China's fuel sources and you control the beast. That's why we're trying to "fluff up" the IRanians by trying to make them sound as though they have "a threat" to us. When in fact they are so stupid they can't even build a refinery all by themselves.

A moonshiner in the hills of West Virginia has more refinery skills than Iranians. They aren't a intelligent nation by any measurement. Their Air Force and Navy is non-existent and all they have is some missiles to lob a recreational rocket hobbyists could have produced if given enough time.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
This is a simple version of the weapon I believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Iran CAN NOT even take their crude oil and turn it into gasoline.

Iran can't make squat. Without Germany's centrifuges, Russia's Scientists, and China's help as well....there is NO way Iran could even get a simple nuclear power station going.

The ONLY reason Iran is on our target right now is because THEY are one of China's fuel sources. Stop China's fuel sources and you control the beast. That's why we're trying to "fluff up" the IRanians by trying to make them sound as though they have "a threat" to us. When in fact they are so stupid they can't even build a refinery all by themselves.

A moonshiner in the hills of West Virginia has more refinery skills than Iranians. They aren't a intelligent nation by any measurement. Their Air Force and Navy is non-existent and all they have is some missiles to lob a recreational rocket hobbyists could have produced if given enough time.

First off, Iran is a nationalist country with nationalist policies. It has its own nuclear energy program, it has its own weapons industry, and it has its own army. This is why the US sees it as a threat. The US feeds off of poor and defenseless third-world countries that can provide the US with profit IF it can be exploited. The Iranians are not under US influence and they, along with Russia, will control over 50% of the world's crude oil and natural gas in a few decades. The US cannot afford to let this happen, hence why they've spent the last ten years invading Afghanistan and Iraq. Any retard can look at a map of the Middle East and see that Iraq is to the West of Iran, Afghanistan to the East, and American bases a loaded all over the border with Iran in both countries, along with carrier task force groups in the sea to the south of Iran.

Is Iran a nuclear threat to the US? Nope, that's propaganda. Is Iran an economical, technological and political threat to US interests? One of the biggest threats that the US faces. US is an empire and Iran is not its puppet, this is why the US wants to invade Iran.

And do not ever underestimate Iranian technology or military capability. They can develop things much more efficiently than the Americans ever could. Ever wonder why 2/3s of NASA's scientists and engineers are Iranian (or of Iranian decent)? And really, if the Americans knew that it would not end in a bloodbath for both sides, they would've invaded Iran by now. Iran was third on PNAC's invasion list, right after Afghanistan and Iraq, and before North Korea.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This is old tech. When it becomes scary is when this sort of weaponry gets placed into orbit. I was once told of a weapon of sorts like this in space. Using magnetic propulsion it launched steel I-beams or rods down at the Earth with super velocity. The resulting impact from a steel I-beam would be devastating. It'd be like using a nuclear weapon minus the radiation. Not to mention it isn't using explosive propulsion so it's well within the confines of the Geneva Convention.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
All that hi-tech weaponry and we still cant take out a few goat herders

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vortiki
This is old tech. When it becomes scary is when this sort of weaponry gets placed into orbit. I was once told of a weapon of sorts like this in space. Using magnetic propulsion it launched steel I-beams or rods down at the Earth with super velocity. The resulting impact from a steel I-beam would be devastating. It'd be like using a nuclear weapon minus the radiation. Not to mention it isn't using explosive propulsion so it's well within the confines of the Geneva Convention.

That system is called "rods from God" and uses tungsten rods.

And Geneva Convention is about the rights of prisoners of war, not missile treaties (like START)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
All that hi-tech weaponry and we still cant take out a few goat herders

We don't want to take them out.. we need them. Surely that is obvious?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join