It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hands Off to Bill Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
News Story Here

Former President Bill Clinton on Friday endorsed President Obama's tax deal with Republicans in effort to quell a revolt brewing on the left. In a surprise appearance together in the White House briefing room after a private meeting in the Oval Office, Clinton expressed support for the deal, saying it would help America over the long term and urged fellow Democrats to support it.

I watched the news conference. Here are my observations and what I think is going on ...

1 - Bill Clinton knows what he's talking about. He's a smart guy.

2 - Obama hasn't got a freak'n clue what is going on.

3 - Obama pulled a 911 call - called in Bill Clinton because he's (Obama) got no credibility with the dems.

4 - Nancy Pelosi thinks she's the POTUS and thinks she runs the country.

5 - Obama let Bill Clinton take the lead at the news conference. Obama looked inept. (he is)

6 - Remember that SNL skit during the primaries .. an emergency at 3AM and Obama doesn't know what he's doing so he calls Hillary to have her bail him out? Well .. instead of Hillary, he called in BILL CLINTON.

7 - Obama left the news conference early because 'he was 1/2 hour late meeting michelle'. That confirms, for me, the stories that have come out of the White House that Obama is not all that interested in working, but is interested in enjoying the perks .. in this case ... getting ready for a white house party.

8 - Seeing Bill Clinton know what he was doing made me miss him. Maybe not him exactly .. but made me miss having someone in the office who is actually qualified and could do the job. It's been a long time ...

9 - Obama is probably a one term POTUS. Depends on who goes up against him, but seeing the emergency 911 call to Bill Clinton to come do the work for Obama ... I'm thinking one term.

edit on 12/10/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think first and foremost this makes Obama look incredibly weak.

I understand that he needs Democratic support and they are bailing on him, but to say -- "hey, listen, Clinton says it's OK...." and then to have the Dems vote yes -- all that means is that they value Clinton's opinion over Obama's.

In my opinion, this is a lose-lose for Obama. Even if he gets the votes now, the credit will [should] go to Clinton.

This was a hail mary pass and Obama has just proven he's lost complete control of the White House.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Eek, turning to the clintons....things must be VERY bad....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hope the whitehouse remembered to issue condoms to the interns as slick willies back.. Or maybe chastity belts..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

It would be nice to see someone else get 'screwed' for a change. This White House has done nothing but screwed the rest of us! Oh, Monica...how we've missed you....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

For the love of GOD...I read the OP and thought you were talking about a White House briefing or something.

I click through...This was at the CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE....Of course Pres. Obama let Bill have the stage and take the reigns...It's his Efen conference.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
For the love of GOD...I read the OP and thought you were talking about a White House briefing or something.

What did you click because the incident being discussed was a white house briefing.

From the link:

Clinton's surprise appearance in the White House briefing room after a private meeting with Obama in the Oval Office gave him a chance to hold court for at least 30 minutes after Obama in a setting that recalled his days as commander in chief. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

The link in the OP shows a Pic of Obama and Clinton...with a "Clinton Global Initiative" backdrop.

Where is the link to the video?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

This did happen today.

Obama had a 30-minute private meeting with Bill and then had Bill share his enthusiasm for the tax bill with the rest of the Dems. Obama doesn't have the votes and has egg on his face because the Dems defied his order to vote & approve the Tax Cut Bill. Obama is hoping Bill's endorsement will get the Dems to vote yes.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
News Story Here

7 - Obama left the news conference early because 'he was 1/2 hour late meeting michelle'. That confirms, for me, the stories that have come out of the White House that Obama is not all that interested in working, but is interested in enjoying the perks .. in this case ... getting ready for a white house party.

edit on 12/10/2010 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

From your article:

For his part, Obama said it was a "terrific meeting," turned the podium over to Clinton and eventually left to attend a Christmas party.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

For the love of GOD ...
MSNBC

a surprise appearance at Obama's side in the White House briefing room.

OF COURSE the whole point of this NEWS BRIEFING FROM THE WHITE HOUSE was so that Obama could say 'geee .. look everyone ... Bill Clinton knows what he's talking about and he's backing what I said .... ". There is no way this would have been carried live on every news channel if it was just the Clinton Global Innitiative. The majority of questions Bill Clinton answered had to do with what Obama called Clinton in to talk about.

Clinton looked great. He came across as one brilliant fella' who is still on top of everything. (his voice sounded older and I thought his bottom lip kinda slanted .. like he had a stroke sometime or something .. but that's separate and unimportant). He knew what he was talking about. Like I said .. made me miss Clinton.

Obama .. he looked weak and unable to do the job.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

For his part, Obama said it was a "terrific meeting," turned the podium over to Clinton and eventually left to attend a Christmas party.

I know. That's what I said. Obama left while the press conference was still going on. He passed off to Clinton in order to go play at a party. This is IMPORTANT stuff ... this effects every person in this country .. the POTUS should have been there showing the country he has a grip and knows what is going on .. but he ran off to go eat caviar and play while Bill Clinton was left to answer questions and explain the fiscal situation the country is in. Obamas priorities are screwed up. He probably couldn't answer the questions anyways so he had Bill answer 'em.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Bill Clinton usually charges $110k for presentations... this must be his contribution to the Deficit.

seems like he has his feet glued to the floor & wouldn't leave Øbama have him step aside for the current
Commander-in-Chief

Bill has a fixation on micro-managing everything, which became obvious as he explained how the Bush Tax cut extension would provide neededstart up logistics & such for several more battery plants in the USA,
and numberous tax credits allowing Chinese ventures to locate in the USA instead of shipping products to
the USA.... his unique way of baffling us with BS is not appreciated by myself...

another thing that got my neck hair standing was earlier on TV55, some legislator spokesperson said that Clintons first act as Pres. was to cut taxes... as i recall his first act was to say gays in the military were OK i think its the current debate on 'don't ask don't tell' rule being set aside because gays are acceptable & i guess the code of conduct was changed

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
A handoff from the first black President to the former first black President.

In typical Bill fashion, this will also give him the opportunity to fix Hillary's image and prep her for 2012.
Doesn't look good for Obama, can't keep Michelle waiting.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yes - it was a White House breifling.

For those looking for the video I found part here - where Obama hands off to Clinton and heads out.

Obama Ditches Tax Cut Presser After Bill Clinton Takes Control

I have to admit - it all reminds me of this Gieco commercial.

Except with Bill Clinton as Charlie Daniles and Obama as the guy he hands the fiddle to at the end.

www.youtube.com...

"That's how ya do it son." You know - I can even picture Bill Clinton saying that to Obama.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Good analogy with the Geiko commercials.

And if Obama had handed this off to Bush, the Geiko commercial would be this one.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"For his part, Obama said it was a "terrific meeting," turned the podium over to Clinton and eventually left to attend a Christmas party."

I find this quite bizarre. Is this some wierd attempt to fuse his own image with that of a popular President? Or is this a veiled message to Contress from one of the top Illuminati puppets....a veiled threat from the 'management'. You will vote for this.

second

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A picture is worth more than the second line.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

LOL

OH boy I started the same topic, batting zero today, but yes I thought what Obama did was strange, never seen anything like it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join