It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange to be charged with espionage in US

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

What rose colored glasses are Americans that agree and back Assange looking through?
I mean, it's our government he is releasing secrets about. For the most part anyway.
We are sick of where our gov't is and where it is going. We do not condone activity of which is illegal.

I dont pretend to know exactly what WL or JA's agenda is, but I for one, agree with this aspect of it.
Bring back our freedoms. Even it takes an Australian to start the revolt.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Still no link to proof..
You should be in politics mate..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Show a frekin legit source showing he has been charged..
I haven't seen one yet..

Red Notice Issued by Interpol - Categories of Offences - Sex Crimes (take note it does NOT say questioning, but sex crimes).
Interpol
Interpol profile - Julian Assange

Prosecuting Attorneys OFfice - Sweden

Europeisk arresteringsorder utfärdad för Assange 2010-12-01
Överåklagare Marianne Ny bekräftar i dag att en europeisk arresteringsorder har utfärdats för Julian Assange.
Hon kan för tillfället inte ge ytterligare upplysningar i ärendet, detta med hänsyn till sekretessen.

translation

European arrest warrant issued for Assange 2010-12-01 general Marianne New confirm today that the European arrest warrant has been issued for Julian Assange. She cannot for the moment not to give further information on the matter, this subject with regard to confidentiality.

The reason for confidentiality of the arrest warrant under Swedish Law - Sex Crimes, including Rape, molestation, etc etc.

Arresteringsorden om Assange gäller 2010-12-02
Högsta domstolen har beslutat att inte bevilja Julian Assange prövningstillstånd. Kompletterande uppgifter kommer att sändas till brittisk polis.
Julian Assange är häktad i sin frånvaro för våldtäkt, sexuellt ofredande och olaga tvång. Assange har överklagat Svea hovrätts häktningsbeslut.

Högsta domstolen har i dag beslutat att inte bevilja Julian Assange prövningstillstånd. För att HD ska pröva ett överklagande krävs prövningstillstånd. Det kan beviljas om ärendet bedöms ha stor betydelse för rättstillämpningen eller om det finns andra synnerliga skäl.

Arresteringsordern grundas på det häktningsbeslut som nu är prövat i samtliga tre instanser. Den komplettering som brittisk polis har begärt avser uppgifter om straffen för de övriga brott, utöver våldtäkt, som Julian Assange är häktad för. De begärda uppgifterna kommer snarast att sändas över. Den tidigare arresteringsordern gäller.

Translation

The arrest warrant Assange for 2010-12-02 the Supreme Court has decided not to grant Julian Assange leave to appeal. Additional information will be sent to the British police. Julian Assange is detained in its absence of rape, sexual harassment and illegal coercion. Assange has appealed against Svea a warrant for the arrest. The Supreme Court has today decided not to grant Julian Assange leave to appeal. To HD shall hear an appeal required leave to appeal.

Assange kommer att efterlysas 2010-11-18
Med anledning av att tingsrätten beslutat häkta Julian Assange i hans frånvaro kommer han nu att efterlysas internationellt.
Överåklagare Marianne Ny har i dag den 18 november lämnat in en framställan till Stockholms tingsrätt om att häkta Julian Assange i hans frånvaro.

Tingsrätten har vid häktningsförhandling under eftermiddagen beslutat att häkta Assange i hans frånvaro, på sannolika skäl misstänkt för våldtäkt sexuellt ofredande och olaga tvång.

Som ett led i verkställandet av häktningsbeslutet kommer Assange nu att efterlysas internationellt.

Av hänsyn till utredningen och de parter som berörs har åklagaren inte möjlighet att lämna närmare information om de misstänkta brotten eller vilka utredningsåtgärder som hittills har vidtagits.

translation

Assange will with 2010-11-18 on the grounds that the district court decided Detain Julian Assange in his absence will he now with internationally. General Marianne New have today on 18 November has submitted a request to the Stockholm District Court to detain Julian Assange in his absence. The District Court has at häktningsförhandling during the afternoon decided to detain Assange in his absence, the likely recital suspected of rape sexual harassment and illegal coercion.

If you want more info look it up yourself. Everything you have asked for is provided, in origional Swedish as well as the English translation, using this program:

Swedish to English

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I really don´t care about the rape charge and nobody else shouldn´t either. If he is found guilty, then he is guilty to the rape(s).

There are bigger issues behind this than rape. Not to take anything away from any rape victims ( I personally would castrate every rapist, personally )

What I don´t understand is the fact that Assange has not stolen anything from anywhere and yet he is the one to be blamed of this "leak"? Did Assange breach US security in somehow to get these documents? No !!

USA government/army workers leaked information about CRIMINAL and sometimes even childlis behaviour off USA government representatives. ( for examole Hillary Clinton ordering the spying on foreign diplomats ) and now the ones who did these crimes are trying to brush their wrong doings by accusing him being a thieft and a soy?

Well whatta hell did Assange spy?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Assange will with 2010-11-18 on the grounds that the district court decided Detain Julian Assange in his absence will he now with internationally. General Marianne New have today on 18 November has submitted a request to the Stockholm District Court to detain Julian Assange in his absence. The District Court has at häktningsförhandling during the afternoon decided to detain Assange in his absence, the likely recital suspected of rape sexual harassment and illegal coercion.

Mate, your own link...

Please note the word "suspected"...That's what he is, a suspect...
He has not been charged and there are NO charges yet...

That's a FACT....So please go bother someone else...
I thank you for proving yourself WRONG...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by finallianstallion

Ive answered this a few times, and I will try one more time. If you read all of the info surrounding this mess, and I mean all of it and not jsut the assange supporting material, you will find there is talk about Manning receving technical assistance from wikileaks.

It refers to wikileaks providing manning with encryption software that allowed him to send the info out through Email while avoiding the detection software the military used.

If that accusation is true, then wikileaks, and Assange because he runs it, moves from media into the realm of espionage. Since they assisted in retreiving the information, the intent falls outside of just receviing the info.

Theis info comes from AdrianLamo, and since he turned Manning in he has become the standard barer for the opposition to label anything he says as progpoganda, lies etc etc etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Ive answered this a few times, and I will try one more time. If you read all of the info surrounding this mess, and I mean all of it and not jsut the assange supporting material, you will find there is talk about Manning receving technical assistance from wikileaks.

It refers to wikileaks providing manning with encryption software that allowed him to send the info out through Email while avoiding the detection software the military used.

If that accusation is true, then wikileaks, and Assange because he runs it, moves from media into the realm of espionage. Since they assisted in retreiving the information, the intent falls outside of just receviing the info.

Theis info comes from AdrianLamo, and since he turned Manning in he has become the standard barer for the opposition to label anything he says as progpoganda, lies etc etc etc.

Maybe you should speak to the WH or even our Federal police here in Australia.
Because they are trying to work out what to charge Assange on but can't find anything yet..
But you seem to have it all worked out..Bully for you..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Uhm.. yeah.. A suspect is someone who is suspected of comitting a crime based on information and investigation. You can charge a suspect with a crime, at which point the suspect says guilty, or not guilty, and the court proceedings move on from there.

He is a suspect on 4 counts in the category of Sex Offenses.
4 counts = 4 charges being leveled against him.

Anyways.. Look up the term DARVO, as you fall into that category. On that note im heading out.. your counter arguments, well counter rants not based in fact, are annoying now.

Have fun being proven wrong after the 14th of this month.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Ok.

If that is true then there is something to the accusations of Wikileaks giving aid or stealing something.

But then again, it doesn´t make those political figures any more "righteous". They have been caught.

Then it comes to the question which one is "more" bad...Doing crimes ( for example ordering spyin aka H: Clinton ) or exposing US goverment of doing crimes via stealing their documents. Which one is "more" bad?

edit on 11-12-2010 by finallianstallion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
And I dont see nothing wrong with these latest "leaks" coming out.

1. Vatican wanted diplomatic immunity to the accused pedofile priests in Ireland

google / AP

2. Vatican "missed" 650 billion euros

news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AnO2EJL1WaIFsbLKIfTnIAGs0NUE;_ylu=X3o'___'FidWlqdmkwBHBvcwM1NARzZWM DYWNjb3JkaW9uX3dvcmxkBHNsawN2YXRpY2FuYmFua20-

Time to expose these scums.

Every leaks just shows how corrupted the ones in power are. And the ones not wanting these wrong doings to be exposed and wantinf Assange to be inprisoned or worse either delusional, sheeps, reality deniers or I don´t know what else?
edit on 11-12-2010 by finallianstallion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Uhm.. yeah.. A suspect is someone who is suspected of comitting a crime based on information and investigation. You can charge a suspect with a crime, at which point the suspect says guilty, or not guilty, and the court proceedings move on from there.

He is a suspect on 4 counts in the category of Sex Offenses.
4 counts = 4 charges being leveled against him.

Anyways.. Look up the term DARVO, as you fall into that category. On that note im heading out.. your counter arguments, well counter rants not based in fact, are annoying now.

Have fun being proven wrong after the 14th of this month.

Thank you...You finally admit he has NOT been charged yet.....
lol, my rants you say although you have been arguing the fact that he HAS been charged and I have been arguing that he hasn't..

Good on ya mate..
Change of shift time is it?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the Interpol profile on Assange, but the link doesn't work. ...and I find it MOST interesting that the entire world has access to pics of Assange's face, but Interpol has NO likeness at all posted on their "warrant." The pic-box says "unavailable."

Does Interpol lack the technology to copy and paste? Are they short of manpower? ...What's the real story here?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I saw this from Blackinblacks posts from early on that he/you didn´t say your opinion about the rapes, you just said that he is not being charged as the other guy tried to falsely say.

I agree. He hasnt been charceg. He´s being questioned. But if and when he is sent to USA from Sweden then I find something fishy about these rapecharges and then I´m waiting for my password for insurance.aes256-file

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yes, that poster is trolling..Finally posts a reply that shows they were wrong but still continues to call me wrong..

Good to see ATS members DO read whats being said..

Yes, we'd all like to see what's in that insurance file

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Thanks for the Interpol profile on Assange, but the link doesn't work. ...and I find it MOST interesting that the entire world has access to pics of Assange's face, but Interpol has NO likeness at all posted on their "warrant." The pic-box says "unavailable."

Does Interpol lack the technology to copy and paste? Are they short of manpower? ...What's the real story here?

The interpol document minus the photo has been talked about by media.. Feel free to look that stuff up as no one could answer why there was no photo attached. The link is sporadic, but I assure you its not mine. Check the address bar and you will see its an interpol link.

The interpol box showing is not a warrant, its Interpols red flag thing explaining Assange has a warrant that has international extradition, authority Sweden.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
GREAT NEWS!!

Now ABC/FOX/NBC/CNN will get charged too, for releasing the same documents.

That's too funny!
Second line..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

As I said bro.. I could care less what you think you won or lost. The info is there in many forms.. Split hairs, argue the old standby "can you tell me what the defintion os is, is?" from good ole clinton.

Your conviced your right, im convinced your wrong. Nothing else to do but move on.

Dec 14th will be the day you and I come back to this thread and claim victory or admit defeat. We will have to wait until then.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Strange that you continually log off and on..
You must have a strange job..
Or if I was a conspiracy theorist I may think you were merely changing usernames

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I agree.. The "moral" dilema that popped up is the exposure / release of all of this information in a manner that guarantees it cant be used to prosecute anyone involved in illegal actions.

To me it would have been more productive, and most likely effective, to sort through it and find document that were dead to rights with the criminal behavior. Instead of releasing that info to the public, it should have been sent to the US Congress, who is the point of contact for whistle blowers and classified info.

By doing this, sending the documents to congress, it forces them to act in such a manner where if they half ass it, they are nailed, if they ignore iot, they are nailed. Going down a road like that, while letting them know you have the info and giving them the chance to correct it, exposes it all while getting results.

Failure to act, you get the affected countries involved and go that route.

But again, simply dumping all this info without adequately filtering and redacting names, locations, sources, its going to do more harm in the areas its suppose to help, its moves the outrage from the actions to the leak and the manner in which they were leaked.

Its the announcement of the century that should captivate everyone, but instead because of the way it was done, the announcement of the century was lost in the chaos, with 2nd, 3rd and 4th day process stories taking over the headlines.

All the US has to do now, and its already being done, is to question the intent of Assange, which that pressure forced Assange to admit on record the intent was revenge and nothing else. Well, when he said that, it throws a shadow on the released documents. Its easy for the US Government to say the documents assange is releasing is a fake.

How to confirm it? You cant.. You have to take Assanges word for it, which is now somewhat suspect because the intent went from stopping a war to revenge..

This has been my argument. I dont agree with the theft and release of the documents. I think its dangerous, and even more so to just dump them for all to see without taking aduquate measure to protect the innocent people named within (they are innocent until proven guilty, just as people argue for assange). However, on the flip side, because I do beleive our Government oversteps its bounds in areas, the chance to screw em to the wall is now gone as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

As I said bro.. I could care less what you think you won or lost. The info is there in many forms.. Split hairs, argue the old standby "can you tell me what the defintion os is, is?" from good ole clinton.

Your conviced your right, im convinced your wrong. Nothing else to do but move on.

Dec 14th will be the day you and I come back to this thread and claim victory or admit defeat. We will have to wait until then.

lol, The difference is I can prove what you said was WRONG...
You can rant on all you like but that fact doesn't change..
You just resort to BS like the oozy crap you sprout..

Have fun..I'll debate you in your next log on..

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join