It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Korea: We will use Nukes.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
NK wouldn't stand a chance. Much like Israel destroyed Syria nuke sites when Syria tried to " flex " their muscle towards Israel. Within 24 hours, Israel war planes destroyed what was to be nuke silo's and material sites. Same scenario will occur here.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: didnt destroy syria, just there nuke sites

you seriously comparing NK to Syria?
seriously

NK Has thousends of Artilery batteries aimed at south Korea
SUBs (more then south)
Granted airforce is smaller

if the country has nukes it can hit the west coast of the United states easily)
or better still send in one of its SUBs on a sucide mission to the US.

also in all scenarios the only people that will suffer is the people in the south as they are the ones that will be paying with their lives, not some poxy american sitting in front of his PC screan

edit on 10-12-2010 by illusive man because: m

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by illusive man

"also in all scenarios the only people that will suffer is the people in the south"

what about the people in the north

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
See what i wanna know is after they dropped the first two...then decided to never use WMD's again... why countrys where still alowd to make them.... thats like the government saying POT IS ILLEGAL!!! and then still growing it...oh wait....

in reality tho.... i do think they would be really stupid to use a nuke anywhere... and i deffinatly think that they would get wiped off the map if they did...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman

"also in all scenarios the only people that will suffer is the people in the south"

what about the people in the north

should of added that aswell

not that they arent already suffering already

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by illusive man

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

you seriously comparing NK to Syria?
seriously

if the country has nukes it can hit the west coast of the United states easily)
or better still send in one of its SUBs on a sucide mission to the US.

First off, I was using the military strike form Israel as an example, I would hope you'd be able to decipher that, but apparently not!
Do you honestly believe that a NK sub could actually outwit one of the Boomer class attack subs, or even the Los Angeles class attack subs? Surely you can't be that naive?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

There we go.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

any Sub can if used right

thepenningtonpre... ss.com/2010/11/11/chinese-sub-infiltrates-a-navy-exercise-undetected-leaves-navy-chiefs-red-faced/

example, the US isnt imprenitable fortress

and Israel/Syria was a bad example

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Bad for S. Korea but not for us. There is no way they can get a nuke near our borders except by flying it in by plane which is even easier to defend against. They would have to fire a sortie of missiles from close proximity hoping to over tax the weapons defense grid enough to get one or two in. This is why the usa builds lots of missiles they are easy to shoot down now.
As for a world wide conflagration from this I doubt it, if they strike first they cannot expect to win an all out assault, but this may be Kim Jong Il's intention. This man has lived for years as emperor, his people are taught he was born of a panda on a mountain or something like that. Brainwashed by his own brainwashing he now believes he is a deity. Deity's that die mortal deaths become more or less mortal to the public, maybe he wants to die 'in a hail of bullets', that would be a much better end then cancer, a mortals death. Anyone can see he cares not for his people or country, there is too much evidence favoring this.
What better way to celebrate ones death then to martyr millions doing it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
NK tested nukes what twice? I don't belive they've figured out how to weaponize it. It's one thing to detonate a nuke it's another to figure out how to put it on a missle. If they had we'd of known about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Your added website doesnt work, and what very little you know about the US naval forces arsenal.

Next~

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
how did this all start anyways.. i mean i know NK shelled SK because of military excosises or sumthin redick like that.. but wut the HELL is NK's problem to just start shellin s^$% in the first place.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by machines4200

we wouldnt hear about most agression from the south as we dont have reporters in the north, simple as that

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Correct me if im wrong..but dosnt nuclear bomb also mean fallout? you know the gamma ray infested dust after the dust and debris starts to settle? Is nroth korea that crazy, the winds might be blowing north, and the radiation with it, killing and infecting his own military, let alone people, water and land thier? if so sheer stupidity!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It all started because Kimmy wanted to assert his chosen heir's authority by taking him out on a day trip to the assault battery and giving the order to fire. His chosen heir would be seen to have his full backing as well. it was an internal power transition and Kimmy was showing off. Personally i for one would love to see him brought to justice for crimes against humanity ie his own people, lord knows how many have been starved to death, millions i think. And I dont think we really know the full horrors of the regime there. If it does fall the truth will soon come out. But it will take some time for the ordinary people to come to terms with the outside world. great care will be needed on that front as they are in for a complete culture shock. For them outsiders will be like ailens landing. They have never known freedom and all the things we take for granted.

This is a huge tragedy in the making for the whole world. I really do think the UN need to hold an emergency security council meeting, even if it is behind closed doors and discuss the situation with say China for example. You have to respect that they are the big superpower in the region and i am sure Japan would simply be releived to see the regime gone and the nuclear threat lifted. Something HAS to be done. If the world does nothing then we will be witnessing what Hitler did to Poland and Czechsovalkia in 1939 and we walked into World War II, trapped by uncontrollable events. It had momentum of its own. If the world stands by and does nothing then we will certaintly see a huge tradedy unfold. I think it might be sensible if Kimmy was sent a copy of Threads and The Day After to see how utterely futile and horrific nuclear war is. Noone wins. Even if one hides in their bunker, you have to come out sooner or later to face a radioactive desolate landscape. He would have nothing left to rule over and would be dead within days due to radioactive posioning. I for one would not mourn his death. If you use the sword then you die by the sword.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Lol nice... I think N. Korea is on its last leg. Even if war did break out I just cannot see the N. Korean military standing their ground. I see mass surrenders / defections just to escape the regime.

I also saw some report talking about the North talking about making Nuclear torpedos.. Hell of a way to fish but whatever works.

Complete bullocks. Also nuclear torpedoes and SAMs have been deployed by both the Americans and Soviets for decades.

North Korea should use nukes to defend themselves against the Americans. If it was NK vs SK only, then this will be a different story, but who is there to back up North Korea? It will be proportionate, and NK will have no choice but to use them or be invaded by US forces.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

completely agree even though the consequences would be disaterous, but how do we all know what its like in north korea and how do we know what it would be like if they didnt have trade embargoes sanctioned against them.
its starting to get a bit like the boy who cried wolf but in the most hypocritical way when it comes to western politicians.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Didn't former Pres. Clinton help bankroll N.Korea's nuclear program in 94'...??
Clinton helped NKorea build 'light water' nuke reactors.
Hence, thats why none other than former Pres.Clinton went over to 'bailout' sister Ling(there was a closed door deal being made).

Oh yeah, current New Mexico governor(pres.candidate & former UN ambassador) Bill Richardson is over in NKorea right now on a 'private' negotiation meeting....

Bill Richardson, a former US ambassador to the UN, has been invited to visit North Korea by the nation's top nuclear negotiator. It could be a bid to avoid confrontation after weeks of tensions.
Source

Now, what kind of natural resourcce do you think the state of New Mexico has? (Hint:: it starts w/ the letter "U").

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
does north korea have a bit of oil, i am sure i heard they sell it to china but i could be wrong

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Well Kim Jong won't attack California, he likes Hollywood movies too much.
My suggestion is to let the two brothers duke it out. They obviously aren't going to nuke each other, it'd kill them both. So make them fight it out, and quarantine the area outside.

hahaha i love that beginning statement, but i completely agree. We need to stay out of this on this time. We are to worried about playing big brother, sometimes you need to let two kids fight. That's the only way they learn. Kim Jong is being extremely ignorant and better be ready to get his ass blown out of the water if he is going to make threats like that to the world.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If anything, the whole Korean peninsula will suffer, not just the North or just the South. The North will unleash a barrage of artillery and missiles into the South and decimate a good portion of land before U.S. reinforcements move out and make it there to retaliate and demolish a huge portion of the North. In the end, mostly innocents will suffer on both sides.

And to think that "a lot" of Northern soldiers or anything would defect? That's just not realistic. When you're born and raised into a certain mind set then, even if your leadership is wrong, you're going to believe in it anyway and fight to protect what you're told you're protecting. Just look at the U.S. since that's pretty much the same in that subject.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join