It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Journalism at his best level ---Launching OPENLEAKS !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A number of WikiLeaks defectors, including founder Julian Assange's former right-hand man, plan to launch a rival site on Monday after accusing Mr Assange of behaving like "some kind of emperor or slave trader".

With WikiLeaks itself vowing to press on with its leaking regardless of the fate of Mr Assange, it seems that any attempts by US politicians to stop the leaks will be futile.

The new site, Openleaks, will launch on Monday, respected Swedish newspaper Dagens Nyheter reported. Like WikiLeaks, it will allow whistleblowers to leak information to the public anonymously. However, Openleaks won't host the documents itself, instead acting as an intermediary between whistleblowers and other groups including media organisations.

news.cnet.com...

This is good news , i like to see thousands of sites like this in the future

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is really good i think..

But one thing bothers me, and that is its quoted from a Swedish newspaper. With all that stuff against Assange from Sweden i would'nt be so keen on using a Swedish Source..

But the more sites like WL en OL will do us good i hope.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
not sure why people cant just leak stuff directly.

whats with all the middlemen

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

gatekepeers?

second line

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/10 by GradyPhilpott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Obviously to protect them from being killed, imprisoned,'or harassed. Would you want the government to know you were the one who leaked their secret? I mean we need martyrs and all but...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The idea is I would imagine at least with wiki leaks, exposure. If I want to leak something directly, I post it up on a few message boards or hold a press conference and only a few people see it. It is very easy for the information I have to share to be disregarded and discredited. Now you have an organization like wiki leaks that has the whole world watching it. Now I go to wiki leaks and they disclose my information. The whole world sees it and when TPTB tries to discredit or disregard it, there is a world wide debate.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Ill be opening my own too now, secretleaks.org (sarcasm)

I dont mean to sound too negative but this is all starting to sound a bit like an internet craze now.

If theres multiple sites doing the same thing, I can see issues if both get the same leaks etc.

Openleaks might be a good thing but since when has the press been trustworthy?

Just my opinion.

edit on 10-12-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is good. Whistleblowers need protection and options to choose from. It would be better if we would get few more sites who operate like wikileaks and then few who operate like openleaks. That would be victory for the people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

exactly , wikileaks,secretleaks,openleaks,stinkyleaks,dirtyloundryleaks,eliteleaks... i don't care about names,
i want thousands of those sites to expose truth and whistleblowing to became just normal journalstic thing and not life risking like is it now.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

This is the real press should look like from the begining....all the information out ...how absurd is when for example some federal-goverment employee during his work see files who proofs coruption,evil,lies and he anounced in the public and then he is killed or ridiculed or lose his work etc , all that for good and human intention.This is the reason why in the past whistleblowers were rare .But now world is changing and i will be not surprised in short itme will see big TV medium TV-leaks .

edit on 10-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Yes, this would be very good for the people worldwide. I was thinking that it would be great to have a central place for supporters of whistle blowers to share with others, and also encourage people to post what they have learned about the suppression of the truth. I started a new blog yesterday with that in mind. I've only been visiting ATS and learning for the past 2 years. I would love to have other serious researchers share what they've learned with me and others, at a place that is for supporters only, so that people can focus on the issues rather than constant arguments from those who simply wish to cause division. If you're interested in sharing, please visit the new blog at leakbabyleak.wordpress.com... and help me spread the word to attract others who simply want the truth to come out on a wide range of topics.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Productivemind

very nice blog
thanks for posting

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Anyone else find it ironic that this organization too has already fallen? It's beginning to sound a lot like the problems in government...

Dissent among the ranks....disapproval of another's power....rival site wars....etc. If they keep it up they'll be so busy taking the other out they'll forget who their original target was!

And people wonder why we can't just 'all get along'.
So long as there is the perception of power, men will fight for it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The problem with having 50 million 'whistle-blowing' sites is that the information becomes less fact and more sensationalism. In other words, you're basically asking for a "more accurate" conspiracy site!

The thing that made WikiLeaks 'special' is the nature of the information. It was real -- it was juicy -- and it was stolen from the U.S. Government!

Not every site is going to be able to duplicate the work of Assange. And we are going to end up with a bunch of sites that nobody is going to be able to verify the information.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm sure this new CIA funded "Open Leaks" will fit just finely into their ever expanding and adapting global system of control.

edit on 10-12-2010 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
This is certainly a good idea, except for terming themselves (or being termed by others) rivals. They should not be Rivals to Wikileaks. That will devolve into a competition in no time. Since they do not like Wikileaks, they should not cooperate -- but they should not be trying to outdo Wikileaks, they should be trying to do what Wikileaks is trying to do but in totally the right way.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Movescamp

how difficult is it to submit something anonymously?

i thought you just leave out your name?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Thank you for stopping by xavi, please come again. I don't know how to post a new thread on ATS to attract those who are serious about sharing the truth with others, and it seemed to fit into this one. I appreciate your comment.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Sounds like the same 'ol song and dance to me.

From one source, springs thousands of imitators

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Openleaks won't host the documents itself, instead acting as an intermediary between whistleblowers and other groups including media organisations.

What's new about this????
Again it's left to the media we trust so well to decide what to release..??
So like the same ole MSM BS to me....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join