It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future for American Youth: AMERICANS READ THIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Several of the recent threads going around about Wikileaks, about the protests in the UK, and finally about the recent cyber war thats been initiated, have motivated me to throw this out there for ATS consumption. Here you go. Agree to disagree, and all opinions are welcome:

I would say the youth of America under the age of 18 are totally screwed right now. To expand on that thought:

Children are now being given iPhones and computers before they can reach the cookie jar, if you get my drift. Is it apathy, or forced apathy? Kids from the age group of 18-30 are going to have it rough, but that is the demographic that can also make some change if we get our crap together before it's too late. The people older than 30-35 either are currently un effected by the current state of things, like my stepfather for example who still runs a successful business, or my blood father who works in the medical field; or they have come upon equally dire straits as the youth and are urging for dramatic changes. Dramatic change will be the only thing that saves America.

Can American youth take the reigns of our country in the coming years and make a positive change? My answer to that question is two fold: (excerpt from one of my previous posts)

1) The youth of America feels trapped within a world of MTV bull snot, materialistic items, and status among their peers. For these reasons it's my belief that most will not take any action to bring change. And most also lack the general knowledge to make any constructive, beneficial changes.

2) The youth that are educated enough about the situation and want to make a difference via protest and/or revolution of some kind are scared, as well as leaderless. I can't help any one get over fear other than to say there is nothing to fear from our government. The government as an entity can not hurt us if we stand united for a single cause with one voice. If we decided to march on washington with 1 million people and tell them we're done with it, they would have to listen. This is where Leadership must come into the equation, and which is where I feel I can be of most help.

We need a strong base of organizational leaders. Smart, young people who feel the same way about the situation, and can set some very simple, but radical changes to enact within our country. Building off of the Constitution in its original form, before modern politicians started wiping their asses with it. This group needs to be the driving force of motivation behind a revolt, and has to be able to maintain morale in the face of almost ABSOLUTE ADVERSITY.

Once there is a group of strong minds that can form an alliance with each other, then we can start planning a real American Protest. These things must happen, or we will all be indentured servants, and our children will have no hopes of understanding the feeling of living FREE.

The GOALS of action taken against our government should fall along these lines as follows.

Reduce the House of Representatives from the current 435 members to 218 members and Senate members from 100 to 50 (one per State). Also reduce remaining staff by 25%.

Do this over the next 8 years. 2 elections, 2 votes.

Get the Fed, as well as the new Fed, whose name is Goldman-Sachs, completely removed from power. This will also include any other government officials who have corporate connection that has the ability to influence our government behind the public's back.

Under no circumstances can the judicial branch of government over rule a democratic vote on new legislation, new propositions, or any other circumstances that such a vote may be held by the government AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. States should always have the rights to govern themselves without Federal interference

At this point in time there are currently violent protests in the streets on the United Kingdom because of the actions that big money banksters and corrupt government officials have taken. The effect of their actions have caused tuition prices to reach un realistic levels in universities and the working class youth are once again facing the problem of immigrant labor taking jobs that their own citizens are well qualified for. Why has this happened? For the same reasons it's happening in the United states right now.

The time must be now, America. If we as citizens of the World can't stand up for ourselves and get our country back on track now we are going to fall by the wayside in 10 years. Our children will have little future, and our government will soon take complete control of every single aspect of our daily lives. Are you not tired of being misled? Are you not tired of being bold faced lied to every single day by the news, and by your government?

I am tired of it. I am so sick and tired of it it makes my head spin.

Along with the protests in Europe there is the cyber attacks taking place in response to the Wikileaks gag order. The efforts of the US Government to silence WL should be a sign that they are scared of us finding out the truth. They should be even more scared of what will happen should 1 million people march up to the Capitol and say enough is enough.

If we were able to organize a unified protest in washington, the rest of the country would have no choice but to pay attention. It would also be a strong show of solidarity and support to our British brothers and sisters fighting for their futures as we speak. Then the system would be getting hit on 4 fronts, the UK, and the US via protesting, and via the internet by cyber attacks and Wikileaks being kept strong. If we used our bodies and our voices, instead of our computers and our keyboards, the message would ring clear through out the country:

YOU'RE RUINING OUR FUTURE AND WE ARE GOING TO TAKE IT BACK WITH EXTREME PREDJUDICE TOWARDS THE OPPOSITION.

JULY 4TH 2011, 1 MILLION PEOPLE WILL MARCH TO WASHINGTON AND RECLAIM OUR INDEPENDANCE FROM THIS CORRUPTED SYSTEM. ON JULY 4TH 2011 WE WILL DEMAND RADICAL CHANGE.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
You know this whole thing could be solved a lot easier, just create a People's Veto for the Federal government. Would it clog up the system? I sure hope so. An easy way to come to a fair number of votes for a successful veto would be 51% of all registered voters between 18-62. That way older ones won't be expected to show up every time their was a veto vote, but when they did show up their vote would really count, as they should. Why should the President get all of the fun? I say power to the people...but in a Democratic sort of way.
edit on 10-12-2010 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by heyJude

Very much so.

Americans need to up the bar some and at least try to act like we give a damn about our future. Even if the younger generation doesn't completely understand whats happening, in the end it is going to be for them. They are the ones who will bring our country back to life. We need to pave that road for them. WE need to reach out and give them a future in a country where they are not suppressed by the struggles of class. We need to give them a clean slate.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Our kids in the Uk have iphones and computers too.

I think it may have something to do with the sheer size of your Country rather than just apathy.

Our Capital is only a couple of hours away at most.

edit on 10-12-2010 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Maybe this is where the saying "One day, nerds will rule the world" comes in...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
May I ask were your website is for this

2nd good luck buddy, wish you the best

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Yes that has a lot to do with it, I agree. But it's also our greatest strength. 1 million people marching to DC would only be the initiation of a series of events. if the rest of the country realizes that 1 million of us have organized and made a stand, have drawn the line in the asphalt of the streets of DC, then more will realize they are not alone.

If the struggling people of this country could remember each other, instead of looking out only for themselves, there is nothing we can't accomplish. 1million is the catalyst it would take to get the whole country to rise up and say enough.

People are having a hard time remembering that we are not a lone. people are depressed, medicated, and lazy.
But if 1 million made a stand on the 4th of July TOGETHER, our voice would not go unheard.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

You know any one good at HTML? Help me get this viral. Help me get the word out that we're heading the DC.

The date is very easy to remember, and very significant to every American. I would eagerly endorse a websight domain to get this off the ground.

thank you for your wishes of luck. Right back at ya my friend.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I'm with you 100%, for so much as I can afford it.

But tell me for what reasons are we reducing the HOR?

How do you propose to retract the charter for the FED other than by demanding we do so? How can you sell that to the American people? Certainly an economic collapse would ensue immediately if somehow that occurred, leading to a societal collapse, and martial law would be the instated, even if society hadn't fallen to chaos. Guaranteed. Our military is not to be relied upon in this event.

How do you propose to limit the power of the Judiciaries, when Judiciaries have throughout time been the final say in everything?

What you need is absolute, complete regime change. Recall every rep., impeach the pres., and remove the supreme court justices under charges of treason, of acting in their positions in office that contradict the constitution. Any person now a government official is a traitor for continuing to work under the current web of laws that go against every principle in the constitution.

This should not be reserved to capitol hill. People need to swarm their state capitals and remind the state governments that they have their own rights which the federal government has stolen, and these states must fight for those rights back or secede.

Nothing can be changed with spoken word, and I have no faith in violent protest. Using the system itself to bring down the ones managing the system is the only way. That means through the law, in court.

I am certainly in the league of making a noise and starting grassroot movements, but it is not enough. We need people that contain within them much more than just discontent. We need people armed and ready with information and the know-how for the time immediately after revolution. In our current condition, just as you have rightly analyzed, we don't have any chance, because all the responsibility will fall upon people like you and I, people in our generation, the last generation that has any chance of making a change, as the ones that have passed are losing or have completely lost the will, and the ones to come have no will at all.

The way I see it, it is either through the courts, or through the gates of the White House. Another march into Versailles. If they won't secede from their seats as the people want, then the people must remove the chair itself.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
On the part which Includes the fact technology is advancing "Childrens" lives imparticular, i feel that it is speeding up the process in which one socializes.
I have a few theories about this, but they are all pretty bleak.
In one, you come to the conclusion that People will become more and more anti social as technology advances and the time you spend around your peers is reduced. This can ONLY lead to more seperation/racism and all of the related topics.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
On the part which Includes the fact technology is advancing "Childrens" lives imparticular, i feel that it is speeding up the process in which one socializes.
I have a few theories about this, but they are all pretty bleak.
In one, you come to the conclusion that People will become more and more anti social as technology advances and the time you spend around your peers is reduced. This can ONLY lead to more seperation/racism and all of the related topics.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

It's my belief that the only way to get people up off of their asses and down to their local state capitol, or down to their city hall, is to show them that there is millions of others out there just like them, in the same situation and falling under the same hardships. For that reason the push to DC makes the most sense in terms of a forceful impact on society.

My reasoning behind the dismantling of the HOR and Senate are as follows:

$44,108,400 for elimination of base pay for congress. (267 members X $165,200 pay / member / yr.)

$97,175,000 for elimination of the above people's staff.
(estimate $1.3 Mil in staff per each member of the House, and $3 Mil in staff per each member of the Senate every year)

$240,294 for the reduction in remaining staff by 25%.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork barrel ear-marks each year.
(those members whose jobs are gone. Current estimates for total government pork earmarks are at $15 Billion / yr)

The remaining representatives would need to work smarter and would need to improve efficiencies. It might even be in their best interests to work together for the good of our country?

We may also expect that smaller committees might lead to a more efficient resolution of issues as well. It might even be easier to keep track of what your representative is doing.

Congress has more tools available to do their jobs than it had back in
1911 when the current number of representatives was established. (telephone, computers, cell phones to name a few)

Note:
Congress did not hesitate to head home when it was a holiday, when the nation needed a real fix to the economic problems.
Also, we have senators that have not been doing their jobs for up to
18+ months (on the campaign trail) and still they all have been accepting full pay. These facts alone support a reduction in senators & congress.

Summary of opportunity:

$ 44,108,400 reduction of congress members.

$282,100,000 for elimination of the reduced house member staff.

$150,000,000 for elimination of reduced senate member staff.

$59,675,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining house members.

$37,500,000 for 25% reduction of staff for remaining senate members.

$7,500,000,000 reduction in pork added to bills by the reduction of congress members.

$8,073,383,400 per year, estimated total savings.

Big business does these types of cuts all the time, just like they are doing right now America!

If Congresspersons were required to serve 20, 25 or 30 years (like everyone else) in order to collect retirement benefits there is no telling how much we would save. Now they get full retirement after serving only ONE term. Which is a load of Bravo Sierra.

You can check my numbers. I believe they are accurate though.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Ok first off, outstanding thread!

My thoughts are exactly aligned with yours.
But, I feel as though you are screaming at a deaf mob.
You see, the kids today are more than apathetic.
They are filled with instant gratification desires and ignorance.
We need more that 1 million.
We need the same amount of people that shopped on black friday.
Or 212 million vs. 132 million. Are we gathering for the wrong things?
Getting that number of people will start something.
A million will never be enough.

That thread should've taken off like wildfire and it seemed like no one cared.
But I have a feeling that they just dont.
Seems the crowd today is still stuck on TV and facebook.

There's a few reasons why things haven't changed.

And it goes further back than our generation.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I just posted this elsewhere in a threat about bee die-out but it really belongs here. It serves as a warning to the youth of today:

"Know Thy Enemy"

Ever wonder WHY donations to "foundations" are tax deductible? Ever wonder why the Rockefellers have not one but three foundations?

The key word is Sustainable or the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD-13) (the thirteenth session )

CSD-13 will conclude with a high-level segment from 20-22 April, when ministers will gather in both closed and open meetings, including dialogues with Major Groups, UN agencies and IGOs. In addition to the negotiated policy outcomes, CSD-13 is also expected to generate further dialogue among key stakeholders and support for voluntary commitments to mobilize further action on sustainable development. A Partnerships Fair, Learning Center and numerous side events are also taking place during the session. www.inesglobal.com...

The writer defending the Food Safety Farce bill is just like Maude Barlow a “no dog in this fight” Canadian, who is a director of Organic Consumers Assoc and Food & Water Watch. Barlow has been handsomely rewarded for selling the US consumer out with an appointment as New Senior Advisor to the UN president on October 21, 2008.

She is just like another very loud voice in favor of the Food Farce bill, Orange Cloud aka La Vida Locavore aka Jill Richardson. Richardson also lists herself as a Consultant but she is "UC San Diego" Sustainability Coordinator and is working on the practical aspects of UN Agenda 21 as far as I can tell.

The Author of Stop the Hysteria! , Gwen Schantz, worked for GRACE as Program Assistant, Sustainable Table.

Grace is a premier specialty chemicals and materials company noted for experienced people, global reach and strong customer relationships.
www.grace.com...

She also worked for:

Agriculture 2.0: Where the sustainable Agriculture Industry is being defined, funded and built

Agriculture 2.0 History

Over the past year, Agriculture 2.0 events have hosted over 600 attendees from around the world, with conferences in New York City, Silicon Valley and Toronto.

Agriculture 2.0 provides insight and analysis, "investment-ready" opportunities, breakthroughs in new technology, and unrivaled access to the preeminent network of innovators and investors committed to funding the future of the fastest-growing niche in the industry.

NewSeed Advisors

Agriculture 2.0 was originally conceived and produced by NewSeed Advisors, an integrated investment banking and advisory practice for sustainable agriculture ventures ranging from start-ups establishing their business to growth-stage companies seeking strategic partnerships

Sponsors:
# Placing your company at the cutting edge of the sustainable agriculture sector, a highly visible issue of growing importance
# Reinforcing your visibility as an environmentally and socially responsible business...
www.iirusa.com...

Sounds like the corporate take over of the organic farming movement doesn't it?

Maurice Strong after working for YMCA international realized how useful international "Grassroots" organizations could be. He started the United Nations Directed NGOs.

“...may have been the genesis of Strong's realization that NGOs (non-government organizations) provide an excellent way to use NGOs to couple the money from philanthropists and business with the objectives of government.” sovereignty.net...

That should read the objectives of the United Nations/International Cartels.

NGOs are extremely useful for sucking up young idealistic activists like Gwen Schantz and Jill Richardson and giving them "leadership" and training so they can be used to further the objectives of TPTB. Most have no idea they are working for the "Enemy" so are very enthusiastic in spreading their brainwashing.

Hitler recognized the power of this idea.

He alone, who owns the youth, gains the Future!
-- Adolf Hitler, speech at the Reichsparteitag, 1935

The Hitler Jugend (Hitler Youth), the NAZI party's youth movement, indoctrinated German youth to perpetuate the "1,000 year Reich." The Hitler Youth movement emphasized activism, physical training, NAZI ideology, especially nationalism and racial concepts, and absolute obedience to Hitler and the NAZI Party. Indoctrinating children in National Socialist idelogy was a key goal of the NAZI Party. Once Hitler assumed control over the German state, he used the Goverment to make the Hitler Youth the country's all encompassing youth movement. Hitler and other NAZIs leaders saw the indoctrination of young Germans as of critical importance....

The Hitler Youth were more similar to the Soviet Young Pioneers, but even with the Pioneers there were major differences. Hitler from the beginning saw the Hitler Youth movement as a tool to hardening boys for their future role of soldiers. He wanted a generation of "victorious active, daring youth, immune to pain." There was to be no "intelectual" training for the boys of the New Order, Hitler saw intelectual pursuits as damaging to German youth....
histclo.com...

The idea of indoctrinating young continued with "The ‘Innocents' Clubs":

www.heretical.com...
“...During the 1920's and most of the 1930's Münzenberg played a leading role in the Comintern, Lenin's front for world-wide co-ordination of the left under Russian control. Under Münzenberg's direction, hundreds of groups, committees and publications cynically used and manipulated the devout radicals of the West....

Most of this army of workers in what Münzenberg called 'Innocents' Clubs' had no idea they were working for Stalin. They were led to believe that they were advancing the cause of a sort of socialist humanism. The descendents of the 'Innocents' Clubs' are still hard at work in our universities and colleges. Every year a new cohort of impressionable students join groups like the Anti-Nazi League believing them to be benign opponents of oppression...”

And the idea continues worldwide with NGOs:

"Very few of even the larger international NGOs are operationally democratic, in the sense that members elect officers or direct policy on particular issues," notes Peter Spiro. "Arguably it is more often money than membership that determines influence, and money more often represents the support of centralized elites, such as major foundations, than of the grass roots." The CGG has benefited substantially from the largesse of the MacArthur, Carnegie, and Ford Foundations. www.afn.org...

In 1954 Lyndon B Johnson’s amendment changed the IRS code, prohibiting tax-exempt entities and churches from endorsing or opposing political candidates. Although this has largely stopped the influence of churches, it has no effect on NGOs Since they establish separate politically active lobbying groups to get around the tax code.

This change effectively hamstrung rural communities so they could not fight back against the CED's plans for ridding the USA of farmers. The fruition of the CED plan resulted in widespread social upheaval throughout rural America, ripping apart the fabric of its society [and] destroying its local economies.

This amendment to the IRS code, continues to effectively hamstring the American people in defending themselves against a steadily encroaching "Global Governance" pushed by a global elite though their shills the NGOs.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

I agree...

I aim for 1 million because that is a big enough number to create a fervor. That is a big enough number to wake other citizens up and maybe enough motivation to get them out in the streets as well, or at least down to city hall where they can scream at their local elected officials.

I also agree that it's slightly disheartening the amount of attention this is getting. But it's still early in the day for many Americans. Give it a little time and i think we'll have some more support.

Even the fact that there are several of you members that are in agreement with me is very motivating. We can't just keep this in an internet forum. PRINT this out and go door to door, take it down town and hand the document out as a mission statement. TELL PEOPLE WHAT I HAVE PROPOSED AND STAND YOUR GROUND. There will be opposition, and there will be those who outright demonize me and you others for taking this position. That is expected.

This proposal is not only for ATS, it's for all Americans... which is why we need to get started now. July 4th is not that far away. I'm actively looking for domain names and costs it would take to host a web sight. I will keep the thread up to date when progress is made with this effort.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The difference in our situation is that instead of trying to build a robust youth force of soldiers(which was hands down exploitation at its worst) the American Government would rather make sure that none of our future generations even question their place as underlings to the governent. No longer does government want to bolster the future generations of America as they strived to do during the 40s through the 90's. Since that period there has been a dumbing down of American kids that has reach cataclysmic proportions. It's a sad state of affairs to be sure.

The only people that can change that is us. The generation that has been hailed as losers and punks, video gamers, and MTV snobs MUST SNAP OUT OF IT. The younger generations don't understand how to do it, and are to young in any case to be taken seriously. This burden falls on our shoulders. We have to show young Americans that there is still many reasons to stand up as one for a common goal. We have to remind them of what it means to look out for your fellows and your countrymen. WE HAVE TO SHOW THEM HOW TO BE AMERICANS.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hear, hear! S+F

I agree with you on so many levels. And one thing that does often get overlooked is process improvement. Kudos for including that.

We need a much more representative system. There are many ways to do this using a legislative body, but I wonder if we even need it in this digital age.

It's not like we need to send a man from the village while we tend the farm anymore. Citizens could be directly involved on a level not previously possible.

As for the generation you speak of, you're referring to Millennials, and you are right, they are leaderless. I sound like a broken record here but I'm sure nobody listens anyway. The Fourth Turning by Strauss and Howe examines this in detail, and their concepts are reinforced to me on a near daily basis here on ATS.

According to them, important leaders to a movement like this are Gray Champions, that would be someone from the Boomer generation. I really hate to say this, but the Boomers have a reputation for being self-indulgent and I think they're focused on the wrong things right now. As a whole.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I see where you are comming from but I do not think the Federal government is the place to start. With the Government/Corporate Revolving Door DC is a closed culture based on money and power.

As I showed above, TPTB use the money in foundations to siphon off the youthful agitators into NGOs and make them work for TPTB using carefully planted propaganda in the media.

For example Food.
#1 1996 change the food inspection regs to self inspection by Corporations and restrict government inspectors to checking paperwork.

#2 When the food related illnesses strike, hype it up in the news, protect the mega-corporations and shutsown their small competition (50% have been shut down)

#3 Form "Consumer Groups" run by corporate Shills such as the Organic Consumers Assoc.

#4 Use the large "official" NGOs to riddicule and stomp out any stray grassroots efforts that have not been sucked into the corporate run NGOs.

#5 Introduce bills to "fix" the problem which actually advance the agenda of killing off all competition through red tape and fines.

THIS is the reason Protests are so useless. The Corporate cartels already have in place an NGO who "speaks for the people" and is quoted by the propaganda machine the media.
Or the media ignores the protest completely.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I think it may have something to do with the sheer size of your Country rather than just apathy.

Our Capital is only a couple of hours away at most.

Part of why the states were originally given more power than the federal government I think. Travel time to your average state capitol is a couple of hours at most, whereas marching on DC is limited mostly to Atlantic coasters.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join