It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Value of US homes continues to fall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The value of the structure is static.

Insurance companies only insure the house if it has to be rebuilt.

It is the land/property that the structure is built on that has went up/down in value.

If I ever decide I want a house,I will purchase a piece of property and then purchase a manufactured home on it.

NOBODY in their right mind would purchase a auto where a bunch of untrained foreigners would come each day and build it in your front yard for you.

But that is exactly what was being done with millions of homes and nobody considered what they were buying.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

All of this post...you could just change the UK to US and it is the same right down the line.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I know, it's insane. What really drove me nuts is that I offered exactly what Fannie's agent told me to offer, in cash, granted I could've offered more at the time, but that is what they told me to do. For whatever reason, they want to hold it. It isn't even a great property, it's an average condo, nothing spectacular, and now it just sits there collecting dust and falling apart, they have not done any improvements and for some reason believe that it is going to actually increase in value.

Maybe they are waiting on am overseas buyer.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Yup...its been an international racket for sure. Expansion and contraction of credit. They make it cheap to borrow....and we do - to the hilt. Then they curb that borrowing and consolodate wealth into fewer and fewer hands.
I'm in my early forties and have watched the cycle happen twice now. What a system!! Its a technique that works, why should they change it? This 20 year business cycle just stops each generation from making any real progress for themselves or their families. I'm sick of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

You recall then how back what 25 years ago they got so many farmers to go in debt speculating on good crop prices then they droped the bottom out of the crop market and many many went belly up.

www.youtube.com...

Check it Out

edit on 10-12-2010 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i used to assist when asked at a dairy farm in the uk on occasion. i got to know the state of play and the crushing cost of tags and vets that was mandatory compared with the pittance they received back for their efforts to supply the population with milk.
it went from herbert (elder about 85 years old and a good crack) to mike (his son, who felt like he was urinating in the wind) but mikes son observed all this and went to uni to get a degree. farm is not there now, just holiday cottages i heard on the grapevine.
regards f

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Yep and the big mike firms roll on!

Around here in ohio one can go into just about any large old barn (100 years old or there about) out in the countryside and find the makings of small milk opperations long ago left off as they got the life smothered out of them by the gov and the big firms with regulations and other costs. I am talking about anything from 5 to 20 cow capacity operations. Small outfits set up to make extra money and sell local whatever. Some even made it to the store. Small milk went out like small oil outfits when Standard put them all out of operation. To this day there are produce stores that wont by local fruit and veg but go down to the dock every morning and pick up stuff from south and west.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

from what i hear it's happening over here at an increasing pace. the embodied energy to produce, air freight and transport to market must be immense. this must support the notion than local producers are in fact the only chance at a stable, sustainable future.
regards f

top topics

<< 1   >>

join