It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disturbing Truth about Your Life (Warning - Read at your own risk)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
You are a slave to your own desires... what is your master is what you are a slave to....not "the system."

If you want nothing and can provide exclusively for yourself, then you are a slave to no one and nothing. That is why some religions and faiths and sects preach austerity, humility, self denial....

A few examples are the Amish, the Shakers, maybe the Buddists...objects and possessions are temporary or serve the material self, true freedom comes from within...the mind and the soul.

There is a common idea or anecdote that " the happiest people I've ever seen didn't have a pot to piss in." That stems from the very notion that material wealth enslaves the master.

Unfortunately, unless we live like Grizzly Adams, Jeremiah Johnson, or some monk on a mountain top, we fall to our weaker desires...a nice house, the need of an automobile or truck, clothes, good foods....

All of these require money...which means we have to work...which means we are giving up an agreed to portion of our time/skills for an equal portion of goods and services... that is called trade, commerce, and basic economic principle. However, the more I want and the greedier I become... the more I have to trade my time and freedom.

You, in effect, enslave yourself.... when you realize this...you can then walk away from that lifestyle...and begin freeing yourself. Good Luck

There is alot of truth to this but does not take everything into account. If I and a few families wanted to live "grizzly adams style off the land ,you cant. You are not allowed that option. Even if you bought 300 hundred acres and everyone did different jobs , balcksmith , cobbler , farmer etc.... the MF'ing governments , federal , state , local is always gonna want you to pay taxes of some sort......at the very least there would be property tax. They will say it is so the gov. can provide you with police protection , military protection , roads etc. If you had the people and the land you could live without their so called protection , your own self sufficient society could and would be protection enough. If you had your own little "village" you wouldnt need their damn roads. I would love to drop out of the matrix and could do so quite well if they didnt require damn taxes for everything.

Maybe it would not be so bad in this society if we truly had freedom and more of a voice. The gov. wouldnt need so much money if we didnt have 170 friggen bases all over the world. It wouldnt need so many taxes if there werent so many laws against drugs. What another effen waste of tax dollars. My drug of choice would be weed with the occasional mushroom for spiritual insight , my drug of choice is not the "legal" promoted drug alcohol. Dont give me any bs about no being able to be productive either , I am a power plant operator an very reliable and responsible despite my personal prefered stress and pure recreational outlets , way more productive and reliable than any friggin alcoholic. So much more I could rant on about this freedom and wasteful big a@@ government talk.

I am 47 and growing too weary of this stifling government control and taxing me to spend money for wars and
just to control us more. To hell with the TSA , CIA , FBI, homeland security and so on and so on. Want to save money, get rid of alot of these big government programs and alot of the nanny state laws. Put the power back into states and have state militias and keep the government to what it was meant to be in the original constitution.

Take a look at this recent tax bill BS. It is just the elite holding the poor and unemployed hosatge to keep on getting thier tax breaks. If it is a privilage to live in this damn country , then it should be a privilage to be wealthier and have more material things so they should have to pay a larger percentage in taxes. Hell , it is the wealthy that have more to loose so let them carry the friggen weight of having big brother government "keep them safe" from all the terrorists and boogey men in the world.

Sorry for the rant , dont read it, I know I wont even look at this again , just open your eyes and understand that even if you get control of your materialistic desires you are still a slave to the super wealthy elite , the industrial complex, the federal reserve banking system and the federal government that is their little puppet public mouth piece.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

No slave here, my mind is fully functional when not fogged by booze. Truth be told, sometimes (like when programming) my mind works better when seasoned with alcohol, and looks at problems in radically different ways.

(Edit: BTW, NO, I am not a Microsoft programmer, thank you! lol)

Not to be overly critical, since I agree with quite a lot that you posted, but the very fact that so many of us are on here kind of belies your belief that we are all basically meat-based robots and programmed by a society set up to control us.

Perhaps some of us are immune to the programming, in the same way that some of us have natural immunities to certain diseases?
edit on 10-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: Added qualifier

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
Are you the author of this:

www.davidicke.com...

If not, you have some explaining to do!

uhhhh bada-bing! (busted and starred...)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

The OP's username here is the same as the poster on Icke's forum.

The essay is not plagiarized.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have come to the sad realization that the only hope we have as a "free" people the the total collapse of the system, along with the following bloodbath like the world has never seen. Today you have the choice of being a well fed slave, or having your family shattered, childern taken from you, assets confescated, being imprisioned or hunted like an animal and/or killed like one...........99.99999% of the people will take a full belly over the alternitive.

I truly feel sorry for not only america but the world for what lies ahead

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
blah blah blah. Sorry but none of this has anything to do with my life, or how happy I am. And I am one happy mofo. I have said it before, I do what I want, I make my life what I want it. If I didn't like my job I would quit and get another job. If I lost my house I would get another one. It is totally up to me what I do with what I have, and also totally up to me if I want more. If I do want more, I'll get it. I am a happy American, living in Georgia enjoying the hell out of life. I am not on ATS to whine and complain about what my government can do for me, I am here for the really interesting stuff, but I can't help but stop in every now and then on threads like this one, that claim I am a slave, that claim if I read this, my life will never be the same. Well, I am unchanged, I am still one happy mofo, I will still do what I want, be what I want to be. I laugh every day. My heart fills with happiness at those things that truly matter. Slave......whatever.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smokinsinger

i have known people who have been possessed with the materialistic over and above what they need. i suppose
it fills holes in their lives and gives them plenty to talk about. i have had the good fortune of witnessing
relatives destroy each other over greed, control, pushing their view on whoever was weak enough to be suckered in.

peace and love need to be reciprocated if not it is one sided and that is tragic. when war and hate knock
on the door, a pacified approach may not settle the situation. one needs to learn the weapons and be prepared
to fight back if one knows all other options are exhausted. i for one will not turn the other cheek if i
construe a situation where my family or myself are in danger through other peoples hatred. if person/persons are
intent on using violence against my family for example, wouldn't you agree that by countering the situation with
violence shows ones devotion to love of family?
as you may well be aware of the state uses violence to attain peace. it uses violence to keep order as was seen
in the uk student protests.
we all have choices as to what we do with our lives. it saddens me to know many have no choice through no fault
of their own. the only logical outcome is a balance between the state and the individual. any other action
may well result in the death of innocents. i for one email and message the political structure within the uk
in the hope that if more people engage the state and email their concerns, it will be felt. i do not subscribe to
the notion that the system must be brought down. the system isn't perfect however if enough people voice their
concerns, it can be changed.
f

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
The disturbing truth is, we are all slaves to the economic system and our minds are programmed as well. The world is a global enslavement machine and we are programmed with illusions that help us bear our enslavement so that we don't even see it.

I recently spent 10 days alone in the bush to free up my mind, and agree with you 100%. If people only took the time to step back from society and observe it, without having the influence of other people around, things would become very clear to them also.

Freedom, for the most part, is just a word, not an actual state of existence. The reason people, especially Americans, believe that they have freedom is simply because their minds are programmed to think that they do.

So true. That is exactly why we need to be constantly reminded that we are "free". So we don't forget.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The trick to this is to use the system and it's rules to get what you need. And I don't mean get on welfare or anything either. Try to bend in with the sheeple so as to go unnoticed. You can't affect any kind of change today if you're too radical or otherwise stand out too much. People wont trust you and wont listen to you because you're not one of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Eventually, Y'ALL WILL GET IT............EVEN YOU SO CALLED 'TRUTHERS'!!!!!!!!! The system on planet earth, is Satan's kingdom run by Lucifers army of fallen angels! And, IMHO that is the biggest secret being withheld from the public. If people KNEW they were PURPOSE WRAPPED IN FLESH...they wouldn't be living a dictated lifestyle, but rather a lifestyle of real freedom.

Question: how many of you are living your life according to you? How many of you are actually listening to your heart? How many of you are going through the motions, and hating every facet of your life? How many of you feel unfilled and believe there is something more to this thing called 'life'? Do you really believe that 'life' is about paying bills and buying the latest cellphone, ipod, or flatscreen? Is it about driving the newest car, or sporting the latest gear? Or is about doing that 'THING' that you love to do?

Keep this in mind: there is SOMETHING inside of you...that only YOU can fulfill. God placed a gift inside of you, that HE EXPECTS you to do...and if you don't....you will spend eternity regretting not doing so. Hell is that place! God sends NO ONE there.....they make that choice, all by themselves. Jesus fulfilled His purpose....all the way to His death! Atleast you weren't called to fulfill that!!! He exposed the system for what it was, and paid the ultimate price for doing so! Jesus was the example!

Now, just because you dont know God's word...is NO EXCUSE! Just because you didn't know that you were flesh wrapped in purpose, is not going to help your cause come judgement day! Telling God you had bills to pay, and kids to raise, will not help your case! Giving every excuse as to why you didn't fulfill that burning desire, in your heart, to start your own business, and do your own thing, is not going to cut it!

When you die, and you go to meet your Creator....there won't be much conversating, just checking of records to see which system you served. Did you live life according to God's word, or did you live it according to the TV/Media/gov't/friends/families words? Did you do what He told you to do....in your heart? Or, did you do what 'they' told you to do? That's gonna be about the extent of judgement day. This thing is for certain, there aint gonna be none of that, "i was a good person", crap! You can't even tell the truth when someone asks you what you think....but rather...you tell them what you think they want to hear, not how you really feel!

Are you building your house on earth, to sustain the fire..or will it burn up with the rest of your 'works'? Jesus said, "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal (Matt 6:19). My question is....where IS your treasure?

Stop being FAKE, and be you! Earth aint a place for popularity, it's a place to stomp on Satan's head, as you fulfill your purpose and destiny! Get out of your brainwashed, religious, self-centered, lying, phony ass, cry baby attitude; and step into the reason GOD placed you are on this planet. We all have a part to play here, because we are all connected. So, get connected to your neighbor via love, and start doing what you love to do........AT ALL COSTS!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
join the club... we are a slave to our responsibilities and paradigms... paradigms placed by a system that is designed to shield a hidden agenda... congress is but a veil;a curtain of freedom... there is more freedom within the rules, as long as you play by the rules you can generally do what you want.

but what goes on behind the curtain? i think we are given glimpses into the truth... i wouldnt be suprised if we knew less than 20% of what was really going on...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
What's wrong with wanting to live a normal life? Make friends, go to work, performe well, gain and increase skills, take up hobbies, enjoy time off, vacations, start a family, buy a house, new car, watch your children grow up.

People always act like everyone is just a sheep. What's wrong with what I've said above? Honestly? What would you prefer? Everyone farming and trying to provide for themselves because that's freedom? Mad Max style world because that's freedom?

Stop being so childish.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Excellent post, but the idea is nothing new, especially to those that occupy ATS.

This is something I've come to the conclusion to a few years ago.

I've always said, the most effective form of slavery is the illusion of freedom.

But, these sort of ideas are always welcomed.

S+F

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I agree whole heartedly with your analogy and well thought out perception,however without confines of reality we would all be starving and less conscious to answer such great thought provoking Ideas,in reality a world like a african continent does`nt encourage me to believe in superficiality ,because we are spoilt for choice of answers.third world countries are not spoilt for choice but strive to survive,afterall we are all essentially animals striving to survive,its just currently we have enough nutrients to suffice superficial bloated Idealogies about reality.
I for one am keeping it real although the aspects of your topic is good for getting the imagination going

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWu777
Do any of you ever get annoyed by Anderson Cooper's smirk on his face? He has that "everything outside the box is bull#" type of look on his face, which is the total antithesis of truth and freethinking. Ever notice that? It's annoying isn't it? I can't stand seeing him. He like is the total opposite of everything we stand for. He is like 100 percent herd mentality. Ick.

Speak for yourself.

I don't consider myself a part of "we" you identify. I find Anderson Cooper more impressive than most of the stuff on ATS. I find ATS member have a "Not outside of the Box" – their own "herd" presence..

Anderson Cooper (he's gay) is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt, railroad heiress. Anderson Cooper is the son resulting from her 4th marriage.

en.wikipedia.org...

AC's brother killed himself by jumping out of his mother's high-rise apartment, the only way to escape from the pressure cooker of NYC Society.

Gloria Vanderbilt is one energetic broad. She will be 90 yrs old in 2014, but looks 50 years young. She’s quite a trend setter in style – and dull stuff like that.

Anderson Cooper is a hard working slob – with his nose up the ass of the establishment – where he gets his bread.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

There is much truth in what you have written. Most are sleepwalking, even those who's life appears better than most and feel that all is well for them. However, as you alluded to, there is an awakening taking place as some who have taken the time to pursue truth, are indeed finding it.

There is a spiritual ascension emerging on this planet. Those "controllers", whomever and whatever they are, live off fear. Replacing fear based thinking with love based thinking is the ultimate "red pill". Connecting to the universal source, intending and manifesting your thoughts, feelings, emotions, words, and actions changes the game and creates and allows "freedom" amidst the controlled constructed enslaving chaos. It, however, is not an easy road to undertake. Indeed is it choosing the "narrow path". The hardest thing is to be "awake" and see all those who are not. It requires the ultimate compassion to " love" them unconditionally and remain open as a source of their enlightenment.

Some of us have incarnated at this time to be the freeing forces necessary to reveal the truth; the truth about our collective oneness; the truth about our ability to usurp the power from the ancient controllers and emerge as a new evolved universal entity. The change has begun and it grows stronger as we hurtle toward our destiny with the end of our earthly presession. Remain free and open. Change is all around us. We truly are all one.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lastrebel
I have come to the sad realization that the only hope we have as a "free" people the the total collapse of the system, along with the following bloodbath like the world has never seen. Today you have the choice of being a well fed slave, or having your family shattered, childern taken from you, assets confescated, being imprisioned or hunted like an animal and/or killed like one...........99.99999% of the people will take a full belly over the alternitive.

I truly feel sorry for not only america but the world for what lies ahead

This thread exhibits the extremes of the optimistic and the pessimistic. I have two grown daughters -- both very accomplished Project Managers for high tech firms. One sees the world as a glass half empty. The other sees the world as a glass half full.

The world is about to see the most amazing thing ever, the exposure ot the ET Corn Gods language/game.

The game proves the existence of a "all controlling", "all creative" GOD. Throws so much "From God" flack at religion that it will probably cease to exist, as we know it today, and puts the world's crooked leaders in their place in a way that will put Wikileaks to shame.

Example: The translation of the words "White House" is "Nigger Hog Show".

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
reply to post by WWu777

In all honesty it does not take meditation to come to this realization, and if you would have went deep enough into meditation you would of realized that you can free yourself of this at any moment. The fact is, that we are all enslaved by our mind, as you've said, and the ultra powerful who 'rule the world' are not inherently free from this either. That is why I see no point in running out into the street and screaming "Fire!" as that will only create more fear which ultimately conditions/enslaves the mind to more delusional perspectives. The best you can do is free yourself and then point others, who are willing to learn, in the right direction.

Excellent point and thank you.

I think I've been screaming "fire" for far too long. Let the dead bury the dead.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am awake and have been since i was 8. I openely declared that education was only was what the government wanted us to know. People were stunned by my statement and also irritated by my beleif that we have been visited by ailens in the distance past as well. Not bad for an 8 year old in the 1970s i'd say!
Today i am even more awake. I think today even more than ever people are waking up. Trouble is we need a Ghandi like figure to bring about real change. Until that happens we will remain in the socio-political-economic chains we are all wrestling with.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

great post. I was just watching "The Matrix" again last night, and was thinking of these very concepts. Waking people up to this is..incredibly difficult. most people are like joey pant's "Cypher" character in the matrix. they just want to stay ignorant, and be happy. truth is something to be fought against, truth-tellers destroyed, in the POV of such a person. such people make up most of society, which is why every time earth gets a forceful truth-teller, a "Neo", which would include Jesus, MLK, JFK, and even John Lennon, that person is murdered.

The last thing TPTB wants is for people to know their own power.

edit on 11-12-2010 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join