It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Disturbing Truth about Your Life (Warning - Read at your own risk)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Jobs aren't bad.

But when someone is forced into a crappy job or face death, that's slavery. And that is very bad.

What is slavery?

Work or starve.

What is our current society like?

Work or starve.

Slavery it is than.

We have 2 choices:
Work or Starve.
edit on 10-12-2010 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Yeah, and?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah I see what you're saying. I myself had an "awakening" a few years ago and a lot of people thought I was off my rocker and I've been steadily watching this topic increase. However.. I'm at the point where I'm still wondering what the point of it all is cause at the end of the day you have NO choice. You can talk about it all you want but it's either live in it and be tormented by the system because you "know."
-Live in it and not know, but be less tormented because you don't.
-Don't live in it and be homeless, poor and STILL subject to the system.
So what liberation do you speak of? The character in the Matrix obtained super powers and was able to save that city. There is none of that here, just an awakening to a bunch of BS and confusion as to how we casually let ourselves and continue to let ourselves be taken over. Sure there is an increasing number of awakening folks but ignorance is still running unchecked in the streets.
This is a great post and I agree with it, but what is the alternative? Where is the power? Gandhi changed the lives of many people but the world still appears to be going to hell in a hand basket.

Of all the things I have denounced as programming and brainwashing the Bible still holds true. Just throwing that out there...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Yeah my husband and I have been seeing for it for a year now. I figured out the 666 and the beast and antichrist are us, we are the Devil. Yes we are programmed into believing this is good for you, this is bad. Why do you think I got out of the Health industry, nasty business there my friend. The only way to break free is not to buy into the BS, and I for one am for total Anarchy, get rid of the Government, and the people who decided money was the way to go!

So yes I agree with you, which is why we won't take anymore vaccinations, I won't go to the doctors, and so on. I don't vote, it doesn't matter anymore, I don't trust anyone anyway. Yeah i understand what you are saying. Thanks!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
this is all pretty evident to anyone who's even scratched the surface of the nature of true reality here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
This whole world is a prison planet, and years ago I knew something was wrong with this system that everyone just zombied around in like a bunch of drones. It's like watching the Sims, same routine daily with a few random things thrown into the mix which makes and keeps life interesting to live on the for next 5 years. No, life isn't meant to be slave like and horrible this life is supposed to be a gift and I would always think life is just pointless we are born, we are trained, we work, we suffer, we die, sprinkle on a few happy moments and Bam life is over and done with. So what exactly is all about, breaking free of our conditioning is a main MO everyone needs to set out and accomplish completely unplug from this control grid and no edgy bitch pop singer is gonna give us insight to what we should be in life, well it might if your a small minded individual that thinks your unique and the only of you kind when really your just another predictable section of this hive mind. We have to totally come out and then we can finally see what life really has instore for us.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

You may be very interested in this. I haven't gone through this entire thread so please forgive me if it's been posted already. I pretty much got excited by the OP and posted right away.

This is a film called Human Resources and begins with the emergence of the field of study known as Behaviorism and moves historically from there. I haven't even finished watching the whole thing yet. I've only seen the first hour and since then I've been devouring articles pertaining to the subject. It covers the introduction and purpose of compulsory education and a wealth of other documented and verifiable information describing the many ways we are conditioned to accept the habits, ideas, expectations and thoughts that are most beneficial not to ourselves but to the State/Corporation. This idea isn't new to me. I first had an inclination that something wasn't right with my school experience when I was about 12. That their stated objectives involving me (us) didn't match with what their actions seemed to communicate to me or with the results their actions.
P.S.
I don't mean to detract from any ongoing conversations going on within the thread. I'm sorry if I have.
This is a very important concept to grasp when trying to open your eyes or "wake up" and is apart of the foundation of the "real" reality all around us.

STH

Linky:
metanoia-films.org...

also:
cryptogon.com...

edit on 10-12-2010 by stopthathurts because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just wonder what the % is?..of people who are not blind like the OP reports?

Essay turned into lecture?

It would be great if there was a large group who could see this. Possibly the internet, twitter and etc. have already done that or are in the process of bringing this awareness to many people. Humans love a scandal or something to talk about.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OK, you awoke from your slumber and have smelled the coffee. What next? You got the eggs frying or given any thought about what you want for breakfast? You're now aware you have options. You have obligations in the way of choices to make, or you can waste away into oblivion if that is your choice but you probably have higher ideals or ambitions than that.

You are enslaved by carnal desires, wanting to be comfortable, and so on. Since you are aware of that now you can decide how you wish to play the game and how your character is going to behave.You can decide to not play or not follow the "rules" and make a game out of that, but there is a "system" - or several - in place that you can now take better advantage of. After smelling your coffee for awhile you can decide to play a goal-oriented game; say perhaps your goal is to gain independence and "freedom", however you decide to define it for yourself. It takes commitment but you are now better equipped to deal with that, right?

I made those discoveries several decades ago. I maybe spent the first decade smelling the coffee and finally decided to get into the game. By having a vision of things I might want to accomplish, things that were fun, even being a high school drop-out didn't not hinder finding a fun career with the US government, one of the biggest puppet-masters in the game, and for over 20 years travelled around the world playing with their big, expensive toys - I was a civillian, I might add here.I had loads of fun with this, though not every moment was ecstatic, until some President came along playing a game so obvious it was difficult not taking advantage of incredible opportunities while most everyone else slept, then cashing out before the inevitable "fall." At that point my employer was begging folks to take a bonus and early retirement but almost no one except myself was debt and obligation-free and a low-cost foreign country with nice weather lined-up to live in. I retired at age 53 and still young enough to enjoy life.

Now I am free from the workaday world with a pension and savings indulging my every whim. That I have whims and desires means I am not totally "FREE!" but I did have a ball playing the game and it seems I have enough free replays built up to last a lifetime. My guess is I could have had a lot more if I had wanted it. I didn't work hard, I merely stayed within my own ethics. I have been retired several years, still much younger than than others I know that are still in the daily grind. I attained success at the level I envisioned, not through hard work and discipline but because I was "aware" and kept my eyes open.

Your "awareness" and a few bucks will buy you a cup of Starbuck's coffee. For the same price it will buy you the moon if that is what you want. Anything is attainable if you know what you want. That's the rub.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Hello there! I enjoyed reading your post! And agreed with many statements that you made regarding societies blindness to being controlled by mass media. Great job putting into word the thing that I've been thinking about, psychic

If you think about it, the only reason you believe that you are free or living in "the land of the free" is not because it's true or backed by any objective evidence or reason, but because you were TOLD to believe it. It's no different than Christians believing that the Bible is God's word because they were TOLD that it was and they accept it.

And of course, you are also programmed to believe that "Authority = Truth" and that "Majority = Right". Thus, whatever you are TOLD is what you must believe and accept, and if everyone else accepts it, then it must be right. According to this indoctrination, truth is NOT something you seek and investigate, it's whatever you are TOLD - plain and simple. Most accept this without inquiry. People are not programmed to seek truth. They are programmed to seek a good life and to serve the system, not to think for themselves. Thus, truth is not the highest value, conformity is.

I hope that the zombie apocalypse never happens!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Very insightful. Nice.
They don't call it "the rub" fer nothin' !

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Very well written, and a good read... but... this is common knowledge, man. At least to us folks here at ATS. It's obvious we live in a slave society. I don't like it. No one does... not the ones that are aware anyway.

But I'm honestly done running around in circles, saying "We're all slaves! Freedom is an illusion!" Right... ok... the point's been established. I'm more concerned with the question that comes after:

"Ok, what do we do about it?"

I myself am doing what I can to make this world a better place, and only sticking with what's within my power... because I'd drive myself crazy if I tried to do more than what I can. What I do is try to enjoy life with what I have: Good family, good friends... TPTB can enslave us all they want, but they'll never be able to take those away from me, not without risking everything they have, at least.

They can't change the way I interact with my fellow man, so to provoke positive change, I'll treat everyone I come into contact with with the genuine respect they deserve. Kind of like leading by example, if that makes sense. I can't change the way people think... nor do I want to. They have to do it for themselves. If I set the right example, maybe, just maybe they'll see how it affects me positively and try the same thing.

This is all I can do within my power in order to effect any kind of change. Sure, a massive revolution would be nice, but I just don't see it happening. So, the next best thing is a quiet revolution. IMHO, though, it's a lot better than constantly pointing out the current situation to everyone and repeating how terrible it is.

So... essentially... your post didn't change my view of the world... although it is closely in line with it! =)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I just posted a reply that addressed the very physical reality of awakened awarness and dealing with the world but the OP also touched on the metaphysical aspect of it. No one I know, and despite what some claim, knows anything at all of an existence on the "other side." So far as I know it either exists or it doesn't but speculation that it does or could exist is most widely used as just another enslavement device.

If you are xtian, most of the English-speaking world is, then one of the first precepts to this belief/enslavement system is that you have a soul that after you die... blah, blah blah. I do not profess to know if there is or is not any validity to these concepts but that anyone that even casually buys into it has bought into a little twist in the perception that does enslave. Try instead, if you must buy the "soul" concept, you ARE a soul and you HAVE a body. Now, isn't that a better fit? Whether or not it is a true perception that any of that exists at all, what I just suggested will give you a bit more control over matters, if you hadn't already thought of it.

My other piece of advice for any religionist who believes they are the children of GOD: Grow up! Any child is eventually expected to fill the shoes of their parents. I'd say it's about that time.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Theres the kind of people who wants to live the matrix and come back,and the kind of people who is gone for good.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My question to all of you is "What are you going to do about it?" Nothing you cant do anything, if you try you WILL goto jail. There is no other way around it, unless everyone and I mean everyone that is awake to all this corruption in this world forms into a country-wide and eventually world-wide militia to overthrow anyone in power. I am beginning to think all these people you hear about (Tim mcvay, arabs trying to blow up planes, ect...) so called terrorists are in fact unorganized and quite retarded freedom fighters. Dont get me wrong im not all for killing the innocent at all. The system must come down and until this happens we all are slaves to it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
thanks for your post, but it does sound like David Icke. So, nothing new.

Try a little harder next time.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

Of course we enjoy all the material luxuries and things, but ultimately all they do in this current existence is keep us enslaved. We don't truly thrive on such things, even if we think we do. Ultimately, only love for one another will bring us peace, freedom, and life. That's what I was getting at.

Perhaps it isn't a human or group of humans, but the system itself that we created a long time ago that is the master who thrives on negativity, keeping the elite hungry for power and the masses imprisoned.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

I've never felt a part of the illusion since i was in middle school. I thought I was in the matrix or something. I just put up with it...my faith in Christ is the only thing that keeps me sane...and the occasional beer or two...or three...*sigh*

I don't know what to do with my life...nothing in this society interests me. I like being in nature though...I feel at home there. And I'm happy there.
edit on 10-12-2010 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Here are some more Disturbing Truths ......There are Many Suspicious People that Shop at WalMart . Janet was Right ! ...........

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join