It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by thunderlady

Originally posted by Jeanius
reply to post by thunderlady

From what I know he's a gynecologist who's brought thousands of babies into this world.

But I guess he hated all the mothers right?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

What you Liberals want is to maintain your "practice" of playing God with turkey baster conceived children to perpetuate your gay lifestyle...right?

this is why people think right wingers are bigoted idiots.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I like the fact you only picked partial information to comment on? Why not go back to some of the other pages of this thread, and try picking up the " leftist" comments as well? Why'd you even bother responding at all?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oaf21
This was an incredible speech, and I feel he's right on the money. Now, what I want to know is, what goes on after a speech like this? Do they actually sit around like adults and discuss what he just said? Do they rail him for bringing up such blasphemy? Or do they move on to the next topic as if nothing was ever said?

Mostly they just move on with the next topic as if he never said anything. Frustrating no doubt, but the object of his speech is not so much to stir the passions of the passionless congress critters, but rather to get it on the Congressional Record - for posterity sake and all that.

The GOP spent a good chunk of the primary season in the 2008 election to try and discredit Congressman Paul - he's a misogynist, he's a racist, he's an anti-capitalist loon, etc - because in every straw poll (mock election at certain venues/political rallies) he was the winner over all the others (including Grandpaw McGrumpy). In post debate polls, he was the run away winner by pretty large margins - downplayed in the press as a result of "internet polling which is not scientific" and "hacked" by "Paultards".

There is a book of all his speeches dealing with Foreign Policy from the last 30 years called "A Foreign Policy of Freedom: Peace, Commerce, and Honest Friendship" - it is very insightful to say the least.

His floor speeches are nothing new, but thanks to the internet they get noticed more these days.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I thought it was pretty obvious that I was isolating a comment that doesn't help either side make their point. this was a reply to thunderlady's seemingly extremist attitude towards Ron Paul's views of abortion that seems to be just as ignorant and uninformed as that which he is trying to make so.

I see you're white knighting for Ron Paul supporters so you're taking my observation as an attack. It's not.

edit: I must also add to this point that you are not acknowledging the statement itself, only that it's not complete. It's ridiculous, especially considering the rest of it was ranting and just as intelligible. You also question why I would post in this thread? Because everyone is up Ron Paul's ass for every single word he says but can't seem to discuss what he's done or who he is, besides a "hero". I'm skeptical of the government and politicians (aren't we all), why would this change because some guy is telling me what the public wants to hear?
edit on 10-12-2010 by piddles because: extra point

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

I apologize, my misunderstanding ~

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's ironic that he's the head of the committee overseeing the Fed, seeing how he hates the Fed and all. I don't know, maybe he'll actually do something about it now? Doubt it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Can you imagine how this country would be transformed if Ron Paul could be president? End of the wars, civil liberty abuses, and financial irresponsibility. He would make it his mission to destroy the federal reserve. Those in control would never let him get in the whitehouse. It would change everything

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Throwback

It’s “not really” his plan to close the Fed, Paul told Bloomberg TV on Friday. Rather, he said, he wants to initiate oversight hearings and audits of the central bank to gather information that can be used to craft “reforms” of monetary policy.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

very similar to JFK, ( like him or not ), he tried to change the outcome of the Vietnam war, wanted to remove forces by x-mas of 1965. We all see what happened to him?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Getting a little tired of repeating myself...

I'm getting tired of you repeating yourself too. Use a new argument, would you?

Please?

I stated the 2 things I take issue with in his platform and, instead of wisely trying to woo me over to his lonely corner, you've attacked and attacked and attacked and attacked me. This is not the way to win supporters. Not that you could win me over anyway because bigotry and social services are on the top of my importance when it comes to voting list. But I'm sure there are other people who were also 50% in his corner who, instead of alienating and bullying, you could have tried to charm with all. these. great. things. about. Ron. Paul.

Assuming, of course, you are literate of his platform.

Ron Paul supports a FLAT TAX, which means he would abolish the federal income tax, and in turn apply something similar to a VAT tax to our sales tax which would cover our infrastructures. Read up on the FLAT tax, those that have the most money and spend the most, end up paying more in taxes.

As for wooing you over to Ron Pauls corner? Sorry, stay where you are we don't want you. Maybe jeanine garafalo will get into politics.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
When I hear a speech like that, as well as many other of Ron Paul's very sensible, sane and patriotic pronouncements, I dispair for the American people, who have a political system in place that has systematically excluded this man from power. It's like having a house on fire and a system in place to block the fire engines from arriving.

The American political scene is rediculously suicidal.

Ron Paul or Ron Paul's ideas in 2012, without fail!!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

lol so since he believes in the rights of an unborn child, he is a misogynist? and he believes in taxes but he wants the american people to stop paying federal taxes,. he wants us to do this so we (the people of america) can put the power back into the states and take down the fed. obviously your statements are your opinion and not fact. sounds to me like you want to feed the fed machine so that we cant have as much sugar in our food as we want and toys in our happy meals.

You've got me pegged all wrong. But that doesn't surprise me coming from a supporter of a man whose own supporters self-confess they're oblivious to his political stances.

And, yes, being anti-choice is being anti-woman and makes a person a misogynist in no uncertain terms.

I am strongly anti-abortion, i.e. I support the rights of the unborn child as being equal and not subservient to the mothers rights, and I have a wife and two daughters whom I love dearly and would willingly put my life on the line for. I guess under your definition I am a misogynist, if that's what I am in your eyes I will hold the title proudly in front of you.

Back on topic, even if you don't agree with someones position it does not mean you have to immediately disagree with everything they say. He is speaking truth and you try to sideline it with your own, and the lefts illuministic agenda, of "planned parenthood". You have shown your stripes, enough said.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Nice speech from Ron Paul. But the that room looks so empty... had the impression no one really listened to him : /

(Why was he called Ron sth by the guy who introduced him yet he's called Ron Paul? Jez, have to read alot about that guy... he's a very interessting person)

@ Abortion an Pavement discussion and mostly @ thunderlady

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/106267e60afa.png[/atsimg]

Sorry mods. This thread just begged me to do this

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by eightonefive

I don't think he supports a flat tax. He
could maybe back up flat sales tax he said
But he would be worried they would add on to it slowly like they did in Europe.

I think he would vote for it but he doesn't come out and preach it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There's 435 Members of Congress and 100 Senators, and maybe two or three of them speak the truth, regularly, to naked, evil power.

Ron Paul is fantastic. Dennis Kucinich, most of the time, though he caved on that sellout to your "health insurance" mafia. Bernie Sanders, once in a while. Maybe a few others I don't know about.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

It's too bad he's a misogynist and doesn't believe in paved roads or fire departments because I agree with the other 50% of his rhetoric.

You need to educate yourself on his position.

Ron Paul is the defender of the Constitution. Nowhere in the Constitution, does the Federal Government have the authority to establish fire departments or police departments. Those responsibilities are left to the states, cities, and towns.

Paved roads, may loosely be construed, to be a part of the federal govt's responsibility, if they improve the commerce between the states, or strengthen our national defense. On this, Ron Paul, would agree to Interstate highway funding because Interstate highways do these things.

The federal govt. has only 18 enumerated powers in the Constitution, even though our "representatives", have disregarded that fact and granted the feds over 5000 powers illegally.

Dr. Paul weighs every vote he is about to cast against what is written in the Constitution.

The Constitution created the federal govt. to protect our liberties, not to rule over us, or take care of us from cradle to grave.

This country was founded as a Republic, not a democracy, and there is a huge difference between the two.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostviking
reply to post by Anttyk47

I truly love this man. Ron Paul is a true patriot. He is a voice of reason.

I agree with you, but how come he's not dead yet ?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

YEA Ron Paul.

WikiLeaks is about censorship. Censorship is about freedom.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

ALL RIGHT ENOUGH ALREADY!

LOOK AT THE THREAD TITLE!

Does it say Ron pauls anti abortion positions and mysoginy??? NO It's the truth about Wikileaks as spoken to the United States Congress.

We get that you are against pro-life positions on abortion, but can you please stop posting a bunch of POPPYCOCK, BRAVO SIERRA, in this thread. Go start another thread to rant about how being anti abortion makes some one anti woman at the same time. Thats the dumbest thing I may have ever read here on ATS.

Sometimes I wish i was a flippin mod. This thread is shot.

Dude, I had no intention of derailing this thread. A video was posted. My response is that I find him frustrating because I can whole heartedly support half of his platform and the other half I find wildly offensive. I was then attacked by 3 people who seem to think I'm pretending to take serious issue with his stances whilst admitting they don't even know his stances. I agree, this has been ridiculous.

Sorry but I'm personally pissed that EVERYONE continued arguing with this woman. I was really interested to read comments about the video and NOT about abortion bull shiz. Just ignore them and continue talking about the actual subject matter. I've been a member for a long time and everytime I see a thread I'm interested in people end up arguing their butts off INTENTIONALLY de-railing the thread. Sheesh! after 5 pages of seeing it go nowhere, yes, I agree that this thread is ruined.

OP please make a new thread so I can actually get good information instead of elementary games. Or I wish GemWolf could just delete the first 7 pages.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Jeanius

Someone smart once said,
" War is business and business is good"

Ron Paul is really calling them out..I hope many inside and outside of government are listening...
America SHOULD be a great country full of dreams for all..
Instead it's full of dissapointment for most and untold wealth for the very few..

Wake up and take your share of the dream back..!!!!

S&F
edit on 10-12-2010 by backinblack because: S&F

war is not a business . only a dumb ass would think that ..war is fighting . nothing is good about that case closed end of talk
edit on 10-12-2010 by JordanTwind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join