It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady
I'm not twisting anything.

Yes you are. Look it up. I challenge you to look it up. If you're as interested in facts as you claim to be, you will look it up.

Ron Paul has publicly stated he would never support an anti-abortion bill. Look it up.

Sales taxes alone, unless they are jacked to 3000 times what they currently are, will not pay for public roads, fire departments, police officers or schools, etc. and you well know it.

Did I say sales tax? Or did I say local and state taxes? Please read the post before you comment on it.

Again, I'm trying to help you learn something here...

The gasoline tax pays for the roads. The local, state, and as long as you're bringing it up, the sales tax, all pay for public services. The lottery also contributes to the educational system.

Please go do some research before you try arguing a point you clearly know nothing about.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Yeah, right.

So far your language and your arguments about Ron Paul have been flimsy at best.

You get a thumbs up if your goal was to De-rail this thread.

You get a thumbs down for stupidity

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

so umm women who are against abortion are also woman haters
So umm how can You hate your own self ? Well ok I know how , but that does not compute for me ... mind clearing that up please
?
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

Never heard of internalized discrimination? Seriously? Self-loathing ring a bell? Look it up!

Umm I did hear those terms I am almost sure , but since the abortion/anti-abortion issue is divided semi equally , am I to understand that statistically speaking half of the female population of this planet hate themselves ?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

I'm not twisting anything.

Yes you are. Look it up. I challenge you to look it up. If you're as interested in facts as you claim to be, you will look it up.

Ron Paul has publicly stated he would never support an anti-abortion bill. Look it up.

Sales taxes alone, unless they are jacked to 3000 times what they currently are, will not pay for public roads, fire departments, police officers or schools, etc. and you well know it.

Did I say sales tax? Or did I say local and state taxes? Please read the post before you comment on it.

Again, I'm trying to help you learn something here...

The gasoline tax pays for the roads. The local, state, and as long as you're bringing it up, the sales tax, all pay for public services. The lottery also contributes to the educational system.

Please go do some research before you try arguing a point you clearly know nothing about.

Do you honestly believe, honestly, that after an entire career spent dissuading women from exercising their right to choose he suddenly had an epiphany that had nothing to do with getting more votes about abortion? C'mon.

He supports sales taxes. That's the only tax he will go on record as supporting.

Do some research, yourself.
edit on 10-12-2010 by thunderlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

ROFL

Just like a self hating Jew if they don't agree with israel, you think a woman is a self hating woman if she doesn't believe in abortion???

Again, I'm about as PRO abortion as they come, and still find this CRAZY as hell!
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

link   

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

What's so confusing about this? You're the one who supports him; you should know all this

Ron Paul is Pro-Life..So what?? It's his view and he's entitled to it..
The concept is that all life has rights..The biggest being the right to life..
If you don't want children the do something about it,other than kill a life..
In modern society it's simple..There are many cheap birth controls..

As for the tax issue..Ron Paul is NOT against everyone paying their way via taxes and charges..
What he and many otheres (including myself) find criminal, is the fact that the majority of our tax dollars go to paying interest that shouldn't be there....

link   

so umm women who are against abortion are also woman haters
So umm how can You hate your own self ? Well ok I know how , but that does not compute for me ... mind clearing that up please
?
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

Never heard of internalized discrimination? Seriously? Self-loathing ring a bell? Look it up!

Umm I did hear those terms I am almost sure , but since the abortion/anti-abortion issue is divided semi equally , am I to understand that statistically speaking half of the female population of this planet hate themselves ?

Is that surprising to you? Really? Given the inherent misogyny of all organized religion, the misogyny it propagates and the proliferation thereof? This is news to you?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

i most certainly disagree with your point on a man never having to choose whether to abort or keep a child. as a father of 2, it was also my choice in the matter of whether or not to keep or abort my children.

i had an ex go behind my back and have an abortion which brought me to pieces. the child did not belong to only her, the child belonged to me as well. the decision on what is murder and what is not is a very fine line in this situation and im sorry but it is pretty selfish to say that the abortion issue is all about the woman's rights. there is also a child involved in the situation. some times a father as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Do you honestly believe, honestly, that after an entire career spent dissuading women from exercising their right to choose he suddenly had an epiphany that had nothing to do with getting more votes about abortion? C'mon.

He has stated publicly that he would never support an anti-abortion bill.

What about that is difficult for you to understand? Am I saying something that is confusing you?

He supports sales taxes. That's the only tax he will go on record as supporting.

It's hilarious how little you know about his views. It really is. You're like a child that gets a little bit of knowledge - or in your case, something they think is factual knowledge - and assumes they are an expert.

I strongly suggest for your own sake that you do some research on Ron Paul's views and how the tax system works in this country. Your posts reek of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

I thought I should post that again so she would hopefully read it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

ROFL

Just like a self hating Jew if they don't agree with israel, you think a woman is a self hating woman if she doesn't believe in abortion???

Again, I'm about as PRO abortion as they come, and still find this CRAZY as hell!
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

A lot of concepts seem to be new to you, as is evidenced by your own testimony in this thread. Learning is fun!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Not in the slightest. But way to project!

I find this "argument" hilarious.

You're just trolling now. You lost. I know you lost. Everyone here knows you lost. And most importantly... You know you lost.

You've proven you know nothing of Ron Paul's views. You've proven you know nothing of the tax system in this country. And you have proven that you like the word misogyny. That's all you've proven.
edit on 12/10/2010 by PETROLCOIN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body. This defines him as a misogynist.

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

What's so confusing about this? You're the one who supports him; you should know all this

Ron Paul is Pro-Life..So what?? It's his view and he's entitled to it..
The concept is that all life has rights..The biggest being the right to life..
If you don't want children the do something about it,other than kill a life..
In modern society it's simple..There are many cheap birth controls..

As for the tax issue..Ron Paul is NOT against everyone paying their way via taxes and charges..
What he and many otheres (including myself) find criminal, is the fact that the majority of our tax dollars go to paying interest that shouldn't be there....

Getting a little tired of repeating myself...I can't support a misogynist, a hate monger. And I believe that as members of society we have a duty to each other to keep the farm running, as it were.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

I thought I should post that again so she would hopefully read it.

She won't, because it disproves her. She'll just continue to dodge it and use the same words in her posts. She can't deal with the fact that she lost the debate.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

i most certainly disagree with your point on a man never having to choose whether to abort or keep a child. as a father of 2, it was also my choice in the matter of whether or not to keep or abort my children.

i had an ex go behind my back and have an abortion which brought me to pieces. the child did not belong to only her, the child belonged to me as well. the decision on what is murder and what is not is a very fine line in this situation and im sorry but it is pretty selfish to say that the abortion issue is all about the woman's rights. there is also a child involved in the situation. some times a father as well.

I'm sorry that you had a terrible experience, but until you have the ability to become impregnated it is not your choice as to whether or not a pregnancy is taken to term or not. Nor should it be.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join