It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Ron Paul Tells The Truth About WikiLeaks Infront Of Congress

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thunderlady

Can you back this up is what I'm saying, all you did was expand what you already said.

Do you have quotes or news stories about this?

I haven't seen one yet, that's what I was asking for.

I've heard that before, but never from him or a reliable source.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Jeanius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

Originally posted by Jeanius
Can you show me something that can change my mind about him?

Well, you just lost a poster to your thread. Ron Paul haters don't like being asked to provide facts. She most likely won't come back. If she does, it will be a post that completely dodges your challenge.

Keep this post in mind. I'm predicting it.

Anyway, great speech. True patriot. There's no doubt where his loyalties lie. I'm pretty tired of people hating on him, especially since it's so obvious they hate on him just because he's popular, so they feel they can get the attention they seek by targeting him. Because if they were truly against corrupt politicians, they would be targeting Barack Obama as well.

1. I'm only interested in facts.

2. If I were you, I'd put the crystal ball back in the closet and keep your day job.

3. LOL! No one, no one, no one "hates" Ron Paul because of your delusional belief in his "popularity".

4. As I have repeatedly stated, my problems with him narrow down to his stance on taxes and women's rights.

5. Obama and his minions have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, but way to go with the text book diversionary tactics. Try harder next time.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by thunderlady

4. As I have repeatedly stated, my problems with him narrow down to his stance on taxes and women's rights.

What makes you get your ideas on his ideas womens rights, can you show me where he has said something about denying rights to women?

Or how about a quote or two on his stance on fire departments that you said you didn't like.

And like you say,

So far you've produced exactly zero.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

And I think you can and should do your own research especially for a political figure you are backing.

Google : "Ron Paul" + taxes OR abortion

He would completely eliminate the income tax....

Paul calls himself "strongly pro-life"[193] and "an unshakable foe of abortion."

en.wikipedia.org...-related_legislation

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

That doesn't prove he's a misogynist like you said.

I'm wondering why you think he hates women as you stated.

I'm about as pro-abortion as you can get, and I still don't think anti-abortion means woman hater.

Also still waiting for the quotes from him which gave you your idea of his stance on fire departments.

I think you might have just been saying things you've heard in the media.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeanius

What makes you get your ideas on his ideas womens rights, can you show me where he has said something about denying rights to women?

Or how about a quote or two on his stance on fire departments that you said you didn't like.

And like you say,

So far you've produced exactly zero.

We all do? You're now speaking for everyone? Arrogant, much? Jeanius has said s/he isn't aware of his positions on either of these topics.

It's not that difficult to do a Google search. Really. Give it a try.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

That means that using your logic anyone who doesn't like taxes hates the fire department and roads.

As unless you can produce some quotes from him saying those things, that's how you came to the decision to say those things about him.

I guess it's easy to prove your point to yourself if you use such generalizations.

That would be like saying that someone who doesn't believe in abortion hates women... oh wait

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Income tax pays for interest against money that was loaned to our government by the Fed. It should be gotten rid of along with the Fed itself.

As for abortion, well lets just say.... well maybe nothing is better. We don't need to de-rail the thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

What men are you aware of who will ever face the choice of having an abortion or continuing a pregnancy? None. Ever. Never will. So, this stance of his only effects women. And this stance denies women the right to choose what to do with their own bodies. Denying rights to a person on the basis of gender, color, orientation, disability, etc. is known as bigotry. When that bias is directed towards women it's called misogyny. Ron Paul is a misogynist.
edit on 10-12-2010 by thunderlady because: sp

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

I thought you only deal in facts.

So far you are playing a game of connect the dots.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body.

Hooray propaganda!

Ron Paul is personally against abortion. Yes, that is true. But you are twisting this to support your flawed argument because what you have either missed or are purposely leaving out is that he has gone on record stating he would never support a law that made abortion illegal.

I suppose because you are so used to politicians forcing their personal opinions into their legislation that you just assumed he was the same without doing any research. Why don't you take your own advice and Google it?

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

Again, please get your facts straight.

He doesn't believe in a Federal income tax. The Federal income tax does not pay for the roads nor the fire departments. The tax on gasoline pays for the roads. Local and state taxes pay for the fire departments.

Are you done with your flawed, mislead, and misinformed argument?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

I'm not using any generalizations. And you're, for whatever reasons, refusing to investigate the widely disseminated political stances of a politician you support.

You're choosing to be willfully ignorant while lambasting me for having done the research you refuse to do which is, frankly, ridiculous.

Argue with me after you have something to actually debate. By your own confession, you know nothing about Ron Paul's political platform.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

What does misogyny have to do with this thread? I don't believe RP said anything about abortion in this particular speech.... And just because you have some anger issues about abortion doesn't make Ron Paul any less accurate with his positions about Wikileaks and the corruption it's exposing about our own government.

So far your argument is lacking, and is also entirely off subject.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

By your own confession, you know nothing about Ron Paul's political platform.

By your own confession, you not only know nothing about his stance on abortion, but you also know nothing about the tax system in this country.

You collected 50% of the knowledge regarding his stance on abortion. Go collect the other 50%. You know of his personal opinion, now go find his political stance on it rather than assuming they are one in the same. Because - sorry to burst your bubble - but they aren't.

Go read up on where your taxes go as well.

Until then, don't bother debating. Your "facts" are incorrect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

so umm women who are against abortion are also woman haters
So umm how can You hate your own self ? Well ok I know how , but that does not compute for me ... mind clearing that up please
?
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN

He does not believe in a woman's right to have autonomy over her own body.

Hooray propaganda!

Ron Paul is personally against abortion. Yes, that is true. But you are twisting this to support your flawed argument because what you have either missed or are purposely leaving out is that he has gone on record stating he would never support a law that made abortion illegal.

I suppose because you are so used to politicians forcing their personal opinions into their legislation that you just assumed he was the same without doing any research. Why don't you take your own advice and Google it?

And he doesn't believe in taxes which means no public funding for roads or fire departments, etc.

Again, please get your facts straight.

He doesn't believe in a Federal income tax. The Federal income tax does not pay for the roads nor the fire departments. The tax on gasoline pays for the roads. Local and state taxes pay for the fire departments.

Are you done with your flawed, mislead, and misinformed argument?

I'm not twisting anything. He said under duress and after decades of holding a different position. I don't trust Kucinich on abortion either. Both knew they had to give lip service to the pro-choice contingent to get votes and they did it.

Sales taxes alone, unless they are jacked to 3000 times what they currently are, will not pay for public roads, fire departments, police officers or schools, etc. and you well know it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

lol so since he believes in the rights of an unborn child, he is a misogynist? and he believes in taxes but he wants the american people to stop paying federal taxes,. he wants us to do this so we (the people of america) can put the power back into the states and take down the fed. obviously your statements are your opinion and not fact. sounds to me like you want to feed the fed machine so that we cant have as much sugar in our food as we want and toys in our happy meals.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

You haven't shown that in this thread.

2. If I were you, I'd put the crystal ball back in the closet and keep your day job.

I was correct. You have backed up your argument with no facts.

3. LOL! No one, no one, no one "hates" Ron Paul because of your delusional belief in his "popularity".

You have proven you do. You have misguided opinions of his political views.

Which you know nothing about.

5. Obama and his minions have absolutely nothing to do with this conversation, but way to go with the text book diversionary tactics. Try harder next time.

It was relevant. Way to reveal yourself as an Obama supporter.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

so umm women who are against abortion are also woman haters
So umm how can You hate your own self ? Well ok I know how , but that does not compute for me ... mind clearing that up please
?
edit on 10/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

Never heard of internalized discrimination? Seriously? Self-loathing ring a bell? Look it up!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light

lol so since he believes in the rights of an unborn child, he is a misogynist? and he believes in taxes but he wants the american people to stop paying federal taxes,. he wants us to do this so we (the people of america) can put the power back into the states and take down the fed. obviously your statements are your opinion and not fact. sounds to me like you want to feed the fed machine so that we cant have as much sugar in our food as we want and toys in our happy meals.

You've got me pegged all wrong. But that doesn't surprise me coming from a supporter of a man whose own supporters self-confess they're oblivious to his political stances.

And, yes, being anti-choice is being anti-woman and makes a person a misogynist in no uncertain terms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join