It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon = Terrorist Organization

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I think anon is having little to no effect on anything they couldn't even put a dent in amazon today..

So seeing that their protest havn't really even made a hiccup I agree with the rest of the posters, I wouldn't call them terrorist, just some dorks with to much time on their hands....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I hope the government does get involved and treats this like the terrorist act it is and shut them all down.

That is exactly the attitude that the federal government wants you to have. Its disgusting.

Where does the real problem lay? Your assertions that their are people up in arms about freedoms are quite correct. Why should we not be outright PISSED OFF? Banksters, politicians, the wealthy, the corrupt are the ones who have true freedom. Why is that? because they control the money. You control the money, you control the people, you control the FREEDOM.

Anonymous is not a terrorist organization. By it's definition, if you have read any of the publicized mission statements, Anon is just the title of a loosely affiliated group of cyber fighters targeting corruption, and fighting for FREEDOM OF INFORMATION.

If fighting for our basic human rights justifies being labelled a terrorist, THEN YOU CAN CALL ME A TERRORIST.

I CHOOSE TO SIDE WITH FREEDOM

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I dont agree with what they did, I feel its illegal to do it to a private business, believe that Ppal and the others have the right as a private business to refuse to serve whom they dont want to, think its a stupid move on the anon folks involved in this.. that we all just might pay for in the end.. but they arent terrorists. In fact, they arent a "they" that the govt can shut down. The thing you are asking for to protect you from the scary ddos terrorists is to have your rights stripped from you so the anons cant knock out Ppal for 30 minutes. The op was a huge fail IMO... and from what I just heard on Beck ( ugh) theyre now being used to really push a clamp down on the internet and all of our freedoms. Never pass up a great crisis eh?

Ask yourself why the mainstream news is so hung up on this whole thing.. why they are wording things to make you believe that this is an organization #1 and a terrorist org #2. The person who made the manifesto was not a representative of an organized group called Anonymous. The guys who gave the TV interviews were not representatives either. I have a feeling that the manifesto and interviews were false.. as in govt controlled.. to get the ball rolling on squashing our rights. The wording of the manifesto was used just tonight to ramp up this idea that we are under threat of revolution and also we need net controls to protect us from the scary script kiddies.

Nothing about this smells right.. including the people I read of tonight who are pretending to be Anon and arent... who have their own agenda. Its cooking up to be a very bizarre situation.. but make no mistake.. this was NOT terrorism. It also wasnt freedom fighter controlled chaos either. IMO we are all being lied to on all fronts concerning this.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I saw you on the other thread
If you want to see how this is spinning out of control as far as the media.. check out Glen Becks program that aired tonight. Seriously.. the whole anon thing is being used for something that none of us want. Its really no wonder people are buying into the whole terrorist idea about this.. youd have to hear the craziness thats coming out of this today and how the media is spinning it.

Beck actually got all teared up over it all.. bizarre to say the least. If you are part of it you need to see how you are being used to promote this scary terrorist idea. Now they are really ramping up the credit cards are all on alert fearmongering on the news.. really truly bizarre.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank god Glenn Beck told be something so I don't need to think for myself!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Thank god Glenn Beck told be something so I don't need to think for myself!

Heh.. he even teared up a little.

The problem is that people hang on this guys every word.. and they are being lied to. It really points to how this is spinning out of control.

Ohhh let me clarify, in case yhou think I believe Beck... it was to illustrate the disinformation being passed on by the media to make the anon folks the new and shiny terrorists we need to be protected from . Youd have to listen to what he said.. youd be scratching your head like I am right now wondering what universe I just woke up in to hear this kind of insane thinking just thrown out there like it was truth.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Advantage because: clarification

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

hahahaha! anon aren't terrorists, they are internet freedom fighters. You want the govt to shut them down? Obviously you haven't learned yet that the govt is busy trying to shut everyone down and usher in a 1world govt.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I agree the media is spinning this out of control. But in my eyes, labeling these actions as the acts of terrorists is very far out of line. Cyber attacks on big corporate web sights, or even a cyber attack on the US Senate, are not the same as killing innocents, or strapping a bomb to your chest, or as blowing up sky scrapers. That is terrorism.

The actions of Anonymous are directed towards one goal, and that is the freedom of information, and maintaining the independence of the internet. Is it illegal? yes. Is it punishable by law? certainly. But for the record every single fight for freedom in the history of earth has been illegal.

The war of information has been on going for so long it's ridiculous. Only now, thanks to the modern age, and thanks to the brains of some tech savoy hackers, and thanks to the efforts of many not so tech savoy citizens volunteering the use of their computers, can the little people take a few shots at this effed up system of control we have been living under. A terrorist act this is not! Common sense and reason have fled from the US government. Corruption has reached the highest levels. The people behind the corruption are the real terrorists. Secret deals, wars for money that actually cost men and women their lives, hidden agendas.... These things would not be allowed to happen if there was true TRANSPARENCY in the system.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

I agree the media is spinning this out of control. But in my eyes, labeling these actions as the acts of terrorists is very far out of line. Cyber attacks on big corporate web sights, or even a cyber attack on the US Senate, are not the same as killing innocents, or strapping a bomb to your chest, or as blowing up sky scrapers. That is terrorism.

The actions of Anonymous are directed towards one goal, and that is the freedom of information, and maintaining the independence of the internet. Is it illegal? yes. Is it punishable by law? certainly. But for the record every single fight for freedom in the history of earth has been illegal.

The war of information has been on going for so long it's ridiculous. Only now, thanks to the modern age, and thanks to the brains of some tech savoy hackers, and thanks to the efforts of many not so tech savoy citizens volunteering the use of their computers, can the little people take a few shots at this effed up system of control we have been living under. A terrorist act this is not! Common sense and reason have fled from the US government. Corruption has reached the highest levels. The people behind the corruption are the real terrorists. Secret deals, wars for money that actually cost men and women their lives, hidden agendas.... These things would not be allowed to happen if there was true TRANSPARENCY in the system.

QFT

Its my opinion that in the end to effect real lasting change will require much more than a ddos and I wonder if people have the heart for it just yet. In that event I think that most of us who have the common goal of freeing our republic will join together and these little differences in methods we have previously employed will be forgotten. One of the frightening things is that the govt is not even concerned with covering itself anymore when it does the things its doing. It is almost as if they are daring someone to disagree and do something about it. It seems as if they want acts of opposition or revolution to occur. I can beloieve this only because I can believe that it is completely plausible for them to use it as a catalyst for serious govt clamp down, control, and the ever present martial law threat to be imposed. Or some brand of martial law anyway.

I agree there is NO real transparency in our system. I also see that the leaks being trickled out are not transparent. There are agendas all around and I guess its up to each of us individually to decide how we deal with it or how much we want to see what is really happening . Im a grumpy old woman who doesnt like the govt, doesnt like wiki, and just wants someone to poo or get off of the pot with all of this.

To me, to equate this as a terrorist act is really reaching.. its also really detracting from the true terrorist activities that are and have occurred.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by strangleholder1
reply to post by kerazeesicko

hahahaha! anon aren't terrorists, they are internet freedom fighters. You want the govt to shut them down? Obviously you haven't learned yet that the govt is busy trying to shut everyone down and usher in a 1world govt.

and its my opinion that these freedom fighters just helped them along the way by doing this attack on the financial garbage attached to wiki. They gave them the reason to do it now. Unintentional Im sure, but when that guy made that stupid manifesto.. I swear that was one DUMB move. Its being used for all its worth to illustrate the need for net control to protect us from the scary freedom fighters.

It seems to me that this whole thing wasnt thought out very well. Everyone here and elsewhere was waiting for a false flag or whatever to usher the govt control in.. and this ddos thing gave it to them on a silver platter to use and manipulate as we see they are doing right this moment on the stupid news programs. I guess that if the ultimate goal was to draw the line in the sand and force a response from the govt to go haywire over something and show their hand... it worked. But everything I have read so far from the people who seem to be legitimately concerned with transparency and freedom.. this was not the intended outcome.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I don't know.. taking these things in isolation providers a narrow view point... for me as a Brit and the things going on here the whole thing is expanding exponentially...

The DDOS attacks on Private business are getting huge media attention, while the same attack with actual humans is going on the UK against private business (corporate tax dodgers) under the banner of UKuncut...

The analogy Anons Coldblood used in an interview with the BBC was what they are doing with their attacks is akin to a thousand people trying to get through a doorway at once, thus blocking up the systems..

Which is the same tactic UKuncut are using in the real world.. last weekend saw protests in 21 British cities and this weekend (tomorrow) more are planned, expanding their targets to include the UKs high street banks in an operation called "pay day"

I guess from the OPs perspective they are also Terrorists since they are using the same tactics, but using their bodies instead of computers to cause mischief..

But if you marry all these things together a massive movement has started, humans protesting in both real and cyber worlds, and I honestly can't see it ending any time soon.

Tho how it'll end up is anyone's guess, my hope is that this tug from the people below will help the establishment change it's current path...

edit on 10/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Im pretty impressed with the Brits right now.
I also noticed how Charles and his pet horse made sure to drive their armored car through a mob for that photo op thats been splashed all over our news since it happened.
Not too clever of them.. since anyone with half a brain can see it was definitely made to seem that they were taken totally by surprise and is being used as propaganda.

It is upsetting that our people seem to have lost their heart for actually doing things in the "real world". We can be molested by the TSA and all of these other things here just recently and no one revolts. No one bothers to do much more than get online, gripe, make big plans, and then say we are the coolest country around. Ive seen much said about the British being under big brothers eye.. as if we Americans arent! I feel that we are much more oppressed than we care to admit out loud. We as a group certainly dont seem upset enough about it to make a stand. One wonders what it will take to get people off of the couch and into the streets. It will be very interesting to see how this pans out in the next year. 2011 should prove to be a very interesting time in history.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

One of the things I find interesting about the direction we are travelling in today is how that compares to previous ages..

For us Brits one of the least taught episodes include the Swing Riots of the 1830s (extreme levels of underemployment in Britain, widening gap between rich and poor, cuts to social support, huge lay off in the military etc) mimics a lot of the issues we face today.

In the Space of a few weeks the swing revolt gripped the South East of England, my county Sussex along with Kent went into open revolt.. 1,000 of riots in the space of a few months..

It is a contagion once started can not be halted, and with today's technology instead of it just spreading across Britain, it'll spread across the world.. and no doubt in America it will tap into the anger the TSA are creating.

In the last 10 days, Brighton (which I live just outside) has seen student protests (they invaded council buildings burning effigies of the PM) and the police where kettled by the protesters.. UKUncut Protests that saw over 20 people arrested.. 8 of whom had super-glued themselves to shop front.. and these are spreading up and down the UK..

The protests are not limited to some online group, or some militant students, but are cutting through a much wider section of society and growing by the day.. eventually they will join into a single movement for change..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wether Anon is terrorist or not is now irrelevant.

Anon has been Alqeida'd by the media, they are trying to make them the "face" of internet terrorism.

I disagree with Anon's tactics, but I do sympathize with their message.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Seems some of us forget what the word Revolution means. Everybody cries for it, but when it inconveniences you, you cry ABOUT it. Revolution requires sacrifice. Deal with it or go to the other side.

Of course in my state, Anon has been an official terrorist organization for a while...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Wether Anon is terrorist or not is now irrelevant.

Anon has been Alqeida'd by the media, they are trying to make them the "face" of internet terrorism.

I disagree with Anon's tactics, but I do sympathize with their message.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I've noticed.

I've also noticed that Canadian broadcasters are 50/50, some pro, some against.

I have seen most of the anon = terrorist from US broadcasters, but my US broadcaster selection is limited, so I may not have a complete understanding from that end.

Edit to add:

From my perspective, this is similar to Alqeida and the war of terror...whoops on terror. In Canada there was a divide between broadcasters on who is who and whom did what. But, that faded and now we have the same as the US, terrorist = Alqeida. And, this just my opinion, but I see it building in a very similar way with anon.
edit on 10-12-2010 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I've tried to find the negatives in the British press, but they are hard to find, hence the feeling I get that they are cheerleading as the events unfold (Assange & Anon)

I has admit to wondering WTF is going on!!

Even the British Justice secreatry was quoted [in reference to Wikileaks] along the lines of "some of the things it's revealed — let's be fair — are of genuine public interest." and how the cables might be "damaging but not criminal"

So by extension [Wikileaks not committing any criminal acts and providing material of genuine public interst] where does that place anons actions in the eyes of the British Gov when they defend Wikileaks and the Freedom of speech on the net??

We seem to be living in an upside down and back to front world...

edit on 10/12/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i dont get it ...

people call 'anon' hackers while in face they are not.
all they do is flood a chokepoint leading to a target website and do so coordinated for greater effect.
thats like a group of people protesting in front of a bank - problem is in real life TPTB can send thier dogs to clear the way for others to still use said bank. In cyber-space they cannot

i do not agree with anon and thier ways but calling them terrorists?
were any of you terrorised ?

i say its more like 5 juniors decided to kick the senior bully in the ballz and he could not do anything about it

ITS LIFE

dont forget that people upstairs will try and use anon to scare regular joes into new cyber laws and other sick things

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.[1] No universally agreed, legally binding, criminal law definition of terrorism currently exists.[2][3] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror), are perpetrated for a religious, political or ideological goal, deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians), and are committed by non-government agencies. Some definitions also include acts of unlawful violence and war. The history of terrorist organizations suggests that they do not select terrorism for its political effectiveness.[4] Individual terrorists tend to be motivated more by a desire for social solidarity with other members of their organization than by political platforms or strategic objectives, which are often murky and undefined.[4] The word "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged,[5] and this greatly compounds the difficulty of providing a precise definition. Studies have found over 100 definitions of “terrorism”.[6][7] The concept of terrorism may itself be controversial as it is often used by state authorities to delegitimize political or other opponents,[8] and potentially legitimize the state's own use of armed force against opponents (such use of force may itself be described as "terror" by opponents of the state).[8][9] Terrorism has been practiced by a broad array of political organizations for furthering their objectives. It has been practiced by both right-wing and left-wing political parties, nationalistic groups, religious groups, revolutionaries, and ruling governments.[10] An abiding characteristic is the indiscriminate use of violence against noncombatants for the purpose of gaining publicity for a group, cause, or individual.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...

While I don't consider anon to be terrorist myself, thought I'd add the definition of the word as after reading it I think it really disagrees with many points stressed in this thread. While the link points out there is not current actual legal word for it the definition that has been linked to it does cover a much wider expanse than I thought before actually looking it up, guess you learn something new everyday.

I think if anon could refrain from pissing wars and actually fight fire with fire they could achieve something worthwhile and beneficial as it seems that their intent could actually be positive and I may have read them wrong in earlier threads. But the skeptic in me holds off for more proof.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join