It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anon is on ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Erm

Isn't that more or less the same structure as al qaeda?

PLEASE NOTE!
I am not comparing their actions!!!
Just trying to make an analogy of the decentralised structure

Al Qaeda don't have lulz..

Oo

edit on 10/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

To supplement this post, here's an example of what the MSM thinks Anonymous is. It's really quite hilarious.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyDigitalLife
Thanks to the web we can all post things on the forum and nobody knows who we are. I love my web because I can sit at home and type on my laptop while others have an opportunity to read what I type. I think the web will solve all problems and every part of our life should be on the web, on my web, on my internet.

Unless your using a proxy, a geo location based on a IP address isn't all that difficult.

Depending upon your ISP, this can be accurately backtracked to GPS coordinates.

Its not entirely accurate, but it sometimes can come pretty close.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

You really have no clue what you're going on about. ATS is a "breeding ground" for Anon? No. The name "Anon" stems from the fact that virtually every *chan automatically defaults the username to "Anonymous" when someone posts.

I used to spend most of my time online on /b/. I used to take part in raids that were hysterical yet accomplished nothing. I know this new generation of Anon is not nearly as capable of ANYTHING as Anon was even 2 years ago. I still post on various *chans on a relatively regular basis. I was on 4chan LONG before I joined ATS. So I'm some kind of pedophile cyber terrorist? Hardly. I have a weird sense of humor. Arrest me.

Also, what exactly is Anon to you? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but anyone that posts on a *chan could be considered a "member" of Anon. You don't need to DL something written by someone else and use it to soft attack a website to be Anon. I'd say 99.9999999999999% of current Anon are totally incapable of "hacking" without the work of someone else, and about 99.5% have no interest in it anyway.

I visited /b/ this morning to see how their attacks were coming. The main "organizing" thread had over 300 posts in just under 45 minutes. About a quarter were trying to organize. Another quarter were telling the rest not to bother and trolling the thread. The other half were wondering where they should be downloading their "attack" software from or where their attacks should be directed.

As of noon, they were having a hard time succeeding in even taking down the small website of a school that had suspended an Anon for voicing his opinion on the whole Wikileaks situation (like they had enough focused energy to attack even one place let alone 5). When I last checked in, they were also being stubborn and ignoring the old Anons who were posting sites that would make more sense to go after (Amazon affiliates, etc.) There was also a suggestion as well as a method of attack mentioned for taking down an Amazon server farm that went totally ignored.

What I'm rambling about is basically this: Anon is not what it once was. It's clear now that the old, capable Anon are not getting involved. You really have nothing to worry about. And neither do most of these sites, with the exception of a few that I know REAL haxorz are after. There has been quite a bit of chatter among original Anon about getting involved or not. Despite popular belief, many of us knew each other outside of /b/ irl and many still talk regularly.

Anyway, I know, rules 1&2blahblah... But I'm so friggin sick of TOTAL misconceptions because people get their info about one of the largest "groups" on the internet from network news. And speaking of the rules, please think of these while you listen to CNN or Fox talk about "cyberwars"The Rules

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What's so funny about that news report?

In all honesty...it was accurate on behalf of Anon's bad side (minus the cheesy music).

Can you please educate me to where that news report was incorrect or "not of" Anon's typical mode of attack?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Well.. I turned over to see what fox was saying and Glenn Beck is ragging on Anonymous and dissecting the "force for chaotic good" being a catalyst for revolution.. and not in the good revolution kinda way
He is connecting dots between Soros, Assange, Anonymous, progressive dems of America, etc...

I was concerned that this kind of thing would happen when I finally saw what the real deal was. Anonymous is looking like its going to be used as a means to suppress the net and my, your, our freedoms and our collective communications. The manifesto/letter is being used as proof of the anti-american seditious goal of Anonymous.

If you can, watch what he is saying right now.. or maybe it will be on youtube later. He asked that everyone watching actually record this segment and pass it on to everyone they know.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf
Al Qaeda don't have lulz..

Oo

edit on 10/12/2010 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

I lol'd.
edit on 12/10/10 by Magnivea because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 10-12-2010 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Shows you how much you know!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d231c95de9.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh dear I'm getting put on ALL the wrong lists today, annoying Anon and al qaeda in one morning

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...
WikiLeaks hackers threaten British Government

The 1,500-strong network of online activists has already sabotaged the websites of MasterCard, Visa and the Swedish government with millions of bogus visits. The attacks, termed “Operation Payback”, came after the credit card companies and PayPal, an online payment firm, announced that they would no longer process donations to the anti-secrecy organisation. The group of hackers, called Anonymous, said it would target British government websites if Mr Assange was extradited to Sweden, where he is wanted over allegations of sexual assault. Gregg Housh, an American internet activist who previously worked with the hackers, said: “They will go after the weakest links, because they want to see results. They will probably test a few sites and then decide.”

And they seem like Good people to you?
Give us what we want or we hack your goverments systems ect.ect..
That is called TERRORISM!!!!!
and if members of a TERRORIST organization are on ats and as some of you ADMIT you are..
The government will not CARE is all members are like the hacker's..
The SHEIIIITTTT will hit the fan...

What is so hard to grasp here?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

What's so funny about that news report?

In all honesty...it was accurate on behalf of Anon's bad side (minus the cheesy music).

Can you please educate me to where that news report was incorrect or "not of" Anon's typical mode of attack

Oh, it's perfectly typical. And I have certainly criticized Anonymous; just see my reply on the first page of the thread about how Anonymous messed up the OP of that thread's business by attacking PayPal.

What's funny about it is the attitude of the reporters toward what Anonymous is. They treat it like it's a typical hierarchical organization. Executing attacks from the top-down at the requests of some leader.

Which, the way I see it, it is absolutely not. To me the video displays the lack of understanding of the average person of what Anonymous is. A lack which is understandable as, as I have said in my first post in this thread, Anonymous is more or less unprecedented in history. The people being interviewed were, as far as I could tell, obviously messing with the reporters. They probably just got a kick out of being on TV and having their faces obscured. Otherwise they were probably pimply teenagers.

It's a weird little thing, this Anonymous.

edit on 10-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

The Magick 8 Ball can see ATS becoming a casualty of the Great Cyber War.

On the other hand, there will be those who say the Magick 8 Ball is full of magic fecal matter, and ATS is very useful. The good outweighs the bad or something like that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

and if members of a TERRORIST organization are on ats and as some of you ADMIT you are..
The government will not CARE is all members are like the hacker's..

What is so hard to grasp here?

My point is this...

Anywhere you go...Anon is there. Anywhere online...any mall or large crowd. Anywhere you see more then ten kids laughing...there is at least 1-6 Anon present...you may laugh, but that is the way it is.

Your kids go to school with dozens of them.

You probably work along side them.

You don't seem to understand what Anon is...or how impossible it is to filter them out of "online activity".

Like I said...they are here...you see them everywhere. What now?

Will you leave? And go where? Anon will be there as well...

Get it?

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

ATS is the greatest babysitter that all of us disenfranchised people could ever have! I don't see it being taken away. What would happen if a hundred thousand of us all woke up one day with nothing to do? Nowhere to go? We might be compelled to do something a lot more damaging than sitting around talking over an internet board.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Thats what I was getting at with the failure of Anon this time. This time they accomplished nothing and shot us all in the foot. Its being used.. right now.. against us all. The public perception is definitely of a true organization and now being touted as a terrorist org . Its actually being used pretty heavily now in the last few hours to set up the stage for removal of our freedoms due to the way anon attacked the financial places on behalf of Assange/Wiki. Hell, Beck was tearing up over the prospect of revolution/removal of rights/end of net neutrality due to the darned Anon and wiki stuff... such drama.

I think Ive died and went to Bizarro-land...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Exactly.

Now if the Majick 8 Ball seers can be convinced of that. It provides an outlet for frustration and lots of other psychobabble memetic "stuff".
edit on 10/12/10 by MikeboydUS because: Fnord!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

ATS is the greatest babysitter that all of us disenfranchised people could ever have! I don't see it being taken away. What would happen if a hundred thousand of us all woke up one day with nothing to do? Nowhere to go? We might be compelled to do something a lot more damaging than sitting around talking over an internet board.

~Heff

Heff.. it appears thats what "they" want.. revolution so they have an excuse to do drastic silly things.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

i believe thats called a snitch

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

and as long as you keep my name off that list again this month you will get your usual fee and a little extra transfered to your account :lol a star for you friend.

reply to post by Flighty

trust me those "shills" as you put it won't ever admit on here they make those lists let alone admit they have anything to do with uncle sugar.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
And ? Theres people from all over the world and all walks of life here on ats..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by badw0lf

Shows you how much you know!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65d231c95de9.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh dear I'm getting put on ALL the wrong lists today, annoying Anon and al qaeda in one morning

Oh I forgot about the Bert image, but never did know about the i can haz thing..
but the Bert is enough to remind me of the days.. haha

good call !!

Oh and don't mind the lists, the more you're on the longer it'll take them to get to you.

They don't know whether to put me on a terrorist list, a subversive list, a rabble rouser list, or an insane list that they'll keep for later if one of the former comes to pass.

I'm safe for decades...

I'm just a hippy that likes a bit of torture is all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join