It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The news is distracting YOU!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
With all the problems in the world, it seems that the media would like to convince you that there are more important things to be worrying about. If they can get you to read stories with real significance or value, then it is time spent distracting you from the scandalous, villainous world around you. God bless Wikileaks. CIA or not. Now that it is in the public domain, I hope it will open some minds. It is important to learn that our leaders are really up and show a little transparency. Is crap like this really important considering the direction we are heading in:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82d460818dbb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

So...does Al Bundy actually dis her? Because if he did I am willing to riot.

Second.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
the bundy credo

hooters hooters yum yum yum

hooters hooters on a girl that's dumb

wait, what was i talking about?

sorry y'all

be good

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Oddly enough you have struck a note with me... and un-earthed a previously buried perception I hadn't really fairly contemplated...

Dependent upon of course what is actually in the 'wikileaks' ... My guess is a lot of it, is mundane and old news to the majority of US... 'WE" are a very small percentage of the 1st world.

Point being, there is a MUCH larger percentage that pervious to wikileaks, had NO idea and simply would NOT believe the government would have any hands in anything like what is being presented.

If anything, this benefits a fair amount of credibility to ANY other further 'government conspiracy' .

I think this is a relatively small step (after eons of immobility) into a direction OUT of ignorance and a national state of DENIAL.

No more ... ' you're crazy... this is America! We defend and liberate, praise Jesus...apple pie? ' when you try to tell something something slightly 'dirty'.
edit on 9-12-2010 by MavRck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

What?
You posted an article with a distracting silly news item to point out that we shouldn't get distracted by the aforementioned news item.

Now I'm distracted by the theme tune to married with children going round in my head...

Divide by 0 error

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Completely agree, why would you post like this? I would understand more if you found an actual worthy piece of news that has been submerged in the sea of crap pushed out by the media.

I never knew about this piece of crap news,.... until now................ who is really pushing useless information here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

What?
You posted an article with a distracting silly news item to point out that we shouldn't get distracted by the aforementioned news item.

a) I did not post an article. It's a screen shot with a headline. No link, I chose not to immerse my self in the story. I Didn't click the article, nor did you. Did you actually click it expecting it to take you to the story?
Be honest.

b) This was to stress a point that main stream media feels this is important for people to see before checking their email.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eavel
reply to post by davespanners

Completely agree, why would you post like this? I would understand more if you found an actual worthy piece of news that has been submerged in the sea of crap pushed out by the media.

I never knew about this piece of crap news,.... until now................ who is really pushing useless information here.

Explanation is stated above. The information in the useless story was not "pushed" though I agree it is "crap".

HERE are some "submerged" stories in the "sea of crap". (You like crap huh?).

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8eead02f8d26.jpg[/atsimg]

top topics

join