It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Video.. Eloquent 15 year old protester.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Gave me goosebumbs. If this is the face of the next generation then it gives me immense hope.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Saw it on GLP a few days ago

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

WE NEED MORE ADULTS TO THINK LIKE THIS KID!!!

It's kids like this that give me hope for the next generation. I feel bad that I haven't seen an American kid give a speech like this yet. This next generation has such a weapon with this Internet, information that would have taken YEARS to gather now takes 2 minutes. Our kids need to use it to network for change.

I hope this starts something for the better

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I agree, the kid's got spirit.
Hopefully, there are millions more just like him that give a damn.
Somebody should warn him though that he will end with a face full of pepper spray or a police record or both.
It's this spirit that the police have perfected the ability to beat out of people.
And the media will ALWAYS concentrate on the anarchists in the crowd,
Throw out the black hoodies before they start trouble.
Take off their masks and send them running or they will ruin all that you sacrifice for.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
We should try to get this thread and video to the top .. or at least on the main page

So Flag it ! As much as you can.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

A kid with an English accent gets up and gives a speech and the ATS community falls all over themselves to heap NWO rebellion bravery on the boy....pfffffft. Here's what he really said when you strip away your romantic bias toward the English accent:

I went down on my lunch hour from school to check out the drama going on at the protest and accidentally got caught in it. The cops corralled all of us so I sat at talked to some other people, we shared some snacks (because I had missed lunch), and some other kids who had come down with me actually took off their ties and used them as bandanas (these are hardcore kids). None of us liked that they corralled us, but we were having so much fun talking and noshing that we decided we were going to come back on a frequent basis to do it again. The newspeople called us vandals and that made me mad because like I said, we were just talking and eating around a fire.
We are tired of grown-ups telling us what to do, and dictating what expenses of ours they will and won't spend their hard earned money for. There's this subway union..and I like and support them now because they are keeping it real, just like me, as a revolutionary rebel newly committed to change the world....during my lunch hour.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by plainsmen83

A kid with an English accent gets up and gives a speech and the ATS community falls all over themselves to heap NWO rebellion bravery on the boy....pfffffft. Here's what he really said when you strip away your romantic bias toward the English accent:

It's being particularly interesting, and sociologically fascinating, to see that despite repeated warnings from history against fascisms and tyrannies, so many people still feel comfortable seeing them rise again from the ashes.

One would expect people to be more alert, if not for anything, at least for the fact that tyrannies end up turning against everyone, even their more subservient and spineless adepts. Of course, I can understand the attraction of being able to snitch on everyone that annoys you and seeing that people sent to a labour camp, or perhaps a mass grave, after all human beings like to feel power, specially over other human beings. But failing to see the end, when it has happened so many times, it's slightly baffling.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jmlima

I find it baffling that one is can afford the luxury of social fascination from the comfort of their warm couch. Did this kid stand down some tank in in a square in a communist country? No
Was this kid beaten and jailed for years because of his belief in equality for his people?
No, he went to a protest and was detained outdoors with others for a couple of hours...oh and he gave an impassioned speech about it. I hear an impassioned speech every time I tell my 12 year old girl why she can't have boyfriends right now...
You draw huge conclusions from what one 15 year old you don't know has to say. I draw none.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Even if it was the pretty basic argument he was presenting, the argument that we must be aware of how our society is being shaped by authority, he has the degree of passion that could potentially rouse the passion of others. The main problem here is whether or not he, or the others truly know what they are fighting for, and what they could possibly achieve.

top topics

join