It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very disturbing video involving teen, and Video Game.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZELDAR

I think he would be better off if he DID smoke some...

It'd give him a second to think, at least, before he did something stupid..........

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by latinoprince

C'mon Video Games isn't making the kid act like that!

It's terrible parenting! Or some other deep seeded issue

I play violent video games all day long and I'm not a very violent person.. Sure i've been in a lot of fights, but that's because i'm not a pushover..

If anything, the Video Games help with the stress of everyday life.. When i was working at BlockBuster i would get yelled at by all types of people, at the end of the day i would throw on Dead Rising and look for those people and kill their Video Game representation.. A construction worker yelled at me for late fees; I would find a construction worker zombie and stop my mission to go out of my way to kill it....

Psychotic? A little bit, but i wasn't hurting anyone..

Not only that, but how boring would a game be where you don't kill people..... I can only think of a handful

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Now *thats* a game review. He should try MW2 on a PC if he thinks that console ver is bad.

Seriously though - somewhere along the line parents / teachers or all of the above did not do this kid any favors by letting him pitch a fit when things didn't go well for him.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by SarK0Y

wanna see something close to vr? check out Second Life

Second Life eh ?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This makes me want to drive straight to my sons house and take away all his video games. Not just Call of Duty, but all games involving War and Violence. It's just like the song "Television, the drug of the nation".Video games are the new "Drug of the nation.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Maybe thats the way kids are today, like you probably seen this video before:
www.youtube.com...

i cant embed, all these years and i still havnt figured it out

edit on 10-12-2010 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2010 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

Just another kid who apparently was handed everything. dont know what it feels like to earn anything. only thing missing is him trying to stick the remote up his hole like that other video that was going around. this gets thumbs down for even being here.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't really know what to think of this... it seems fake during some parts (mentioning the WHOLE name of the game?) but others... I just don't know.

The first thing that came to my mind was drugs or uppers, something to keep him up? The violence could just be a side effect of being up so long, he could very well have been up for a week before sitting down to play CoD for seventeen hours

Either way, the kid needs some kind of help...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by pedro4127

As long as you are a GOOD parent, you won't need to take away his games....

Taking away the Games is an EASY FIX, a Band-aid if you will.. There's still underlying factors as to why that kid is doing that.. He will simply act that way when a girl turns him down, or his favorite football team loses..

What's worse? A game where you kill people, but you have to solve puzzles and use critical thinking or a game that has no substance whatsoever, but there's no violence, just a screen to stare at?

Death is a part of life.... GET OVER VIOLENCE!!!!

Look at Japan; they have the most violent TV shows over there but look at how many serial killers they have.. It's like 4, compared to our Monopoly of them here...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
DAMNIT PEOPLE! YOU'RE MISSING THE POINT! The GAME CAUSED him to have these anger problems. Don't blame the parents, blame Infinity Ward!

I think that there is a lot more going on in his life, than just the game.

17 hours? where is the family?

This guy needs help, I hope someone that knows him reaches out to help him.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wouldnt really take the vid so seriously ive been gaming all my life and i must admit their is the rare occurrence where a game has really tested my patience and disks have been snapped,and the odd controller smashed against the wall lol.I dont think the kid needs help but he needs to chill out a bit more.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Gotta love the future

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

@ Jess Slaughter. YOU DUN GOOFED!!!!!

Seriously though, this kid is just nerd raging. Probably from all the n00b-tubers and nade spammers in the game. I mean seriously, who hasn't raged at them???

But in all seriousness, the kid just seems delirious from lack of sleep. Think about the times that you haven't slept, or had a decent sleep. The brain does some pretty stupid things because of lack of sleep. The kid just needs to have a decent sleep, and 10 minutes away from the game. This is far from the worst nerd-raging I have witnessed/encountered. World of Warcraft is a HELL of alot worse for raging than this. Mainly because if someone makes a simple mistake in a raid, they can get EVERYONE killed. Simple as that.

Some people really need to learn how to chill out every now and then though. Although it can be rather amusing hearing/seeing them flip out over a game. Although I have a sadistic sense of humour when it comes to things like that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
wow this is sad. i feel bad for the guy...hes addicted to these games and they are affecting him irl.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I fail to see what is disturbing about this video. He is a young man with obvious mental issues. What is disturbing about that? I find nothing disturbing about an imperfect person, especially if that person is a teenager whose body is being put under stress by rapid physical growth on top of deep psychological issues.

He obviously needs to b get help for his anger.

Maybe this doesn't phase me because I saw this type of behavior as a kid when I attended school in the inner city.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

I think it's disturbing because he isn't the only one who acts that way... In general, kids nowadays all act like that.. I can say that because I'm only 22 and STILL see people my age acting like that..

It just worries me, that this is the future.... Many kids, like him, are going to be lost when they reach adulthood.. Look how he reacts to a VIDEO GAME; now imagine him having to deal with a Real Life issue.. thats what i find disturbing

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Saw this years ago, it's fake.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
the majority of gamers are losers and this is their last ditch effort to be someone and move out of their mom's house.

if your goal is to be the best gamer in the world, that's already a red flag. games are illusions, they're not reality, it's just entertainment.

but to be fair these games are purposely designed to f--k with your mind. you have to realize they are rubberbanded to make it somewhat equal for jackasses like this guy or else sony and xbox will be held liable for any suicides associated with the games used on their platform.

so next time your playing call of duty and your on a hot streak and you get the drop on a guy and unload a clip in him and he doesn't die, then he shoots you once and you die, pause it and look at the scoreboard, most likely the guy 2-15 and the game gave him a break at your mental health expense.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I sorry to say, but that kid has real issues and he is very stupid. I don't believe in protecting the stupid, let him punch the wall and break his hand, so he learn his lesson.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
i dub thee,

epic wall kid

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join