It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. officials pardon the late Jim Morrison

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

.Fla. officials pardon the late Jim Morrison

www.miamiherald.com

TALLAHASSEE - The state board of clemency voted unanimously Thursday at the recommendation of Gov. Charlie Crist to grant a posthumous pardon to rock icon Jim Morrison of the Doors, convicted of exposing himself during a 1969 Miami concert.

The pardon was granted over the objection of Angel Lago, a former Miami police officer, who said it sent the wrong message to the nation's youth, and that a pardon was tantamount to accusing officers involved in the incident of perjury.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/12/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well it’s official as the landmark and defining moment of Charlie Christ’s tenure as Governor of Florida comes down to his last magnanimous act far surpassing the payouts to big sugar in his “River of Grass” everglades restoration project, and giving the Seminole Indians table gaming for a paltry few million quick dollars, Jim Morrison can now return to the United States without fear of prosecution by the State of Florida.

Sadly Jim is dead, but dead and not forgotten is a name now almost as widely known as John Densmore and Robby Kreiger, and Ray Manzarek is former Miami Police officer Angel Lago who says this is just sending the wrong message to the nation’s youth!

And we thought only hippies who had enjoyed the sixties too much had scary flash backs.

When informed of the news at his grave in Paris France, Morrison answered with what has been for years now the same pat no comment, inferred by the way of icy silence to those informing him of the news and inquiring about his future plans.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/716dce978971.jpg[/atsimg]

Meanwhile fellow celebrity Roman Polanski is looking at ways he too can die, in hopes of gaining a pardon from the State of California so he can return to the Motion Picture Industry in Hollywood without fear of prosecution.

Hope springs eternal!

www.miamiherald.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If they would have any inclination of what the "Juveniles" of today would be like, Jim's situation seems mundane and rather forgivable in the first place.
Thanks for sharing, and "Rock on Jim, where ever you may be!!"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
If they would have any inclination of what the "Juveniles" of today would be like, Jim's situation seems mundane and rather forgivable in the first place.
Thanks for sharing, and "Rock on Jim, where ever you may be!!"

There has been weeks of anticipation in Rock and Florida political circles regarding this. The Governor wasn't sure if he could actually get this passed.

It's great he was able to do it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

There are things known, and things unknown...and in between are the doors.

R.I.P. Jim
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0a4f8556e0f2.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 9-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Break on through to the other side!

Jim was a true icon, they don't make them like that anymore.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Finally.

It's a bit late though.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster

Finally.

It's a bit late though.

Better late then never.

The government sure was anxious to sink it's teeth into the more nortorious icons of the sixties and seventies.

Kind of funny that the Government restored good relations with Vietnam before it did Jim Morrison.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Patricia K. Morrison was interviewed on CNN last night. Jim did not do anything to be pardoned for! She said if he was alive today he would take that pardon and tear it up into little tiny pieces!

Mr Mojo Risin was my hero, my muse. I graduated in 1971, was on my way to Myrtle Beach for vacation and as we were driving down there it was announced on the radio that Jim had died. Ruined my whole vacation!

I love you Jim, and WILL see you in the afterlife!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

The charges were trumped up and the Miami of the early 70's when this took place was a far different place then than it is today. It was for all intents and purposes a very conservative southern town. I think it's safe to say the authorities here targeted him, and were simply looking for any opportunity to arrest him and press charges.

Still Morrison was really in a vangaurd along with Lenny Bruce the long deceased commedian, who pioneered using profanity in public performance. Lenny too was oft arrested on the same kind of trumped up charges of public profanity and indecency.

Guys like George Carlan could have never become popular with their acts had it not been for the risks and sometimes severe penalties guys like Jim Morrison and Lenny Bruce took, in shaking up puritanical notions of decency.

They were trail blazers and like most trail blazers they were made to pay a price for bucking and challenging the status quo.

Yet at the same time, I think it's important for all of us to realize especially here on a conspiracy site, that yes one individual person can have a big impact when it comes to changing the world, if you are willing to put yourself out there and are committed to the risk that's inherent with that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Too little to late, I still miss you Jim.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
R.I.P Jim.. Your gone but not forgotten.. Truly one of the greats..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
yeah, but he would have been more cooler if he didn't act like such a hippie douche.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Miss you Jim - rest in Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I can tell them where to shove their pardon in...

They're still a Fascist State, run by A.Hitler, and their dwellers nothing more then a "Bunch of F*#K^$ Slaves".
Jim, as one of the first True Shamans, in contemporary society, understood, long before the self-entitled "conspiracy movement", that "Hitler" was "Alive, and well, living in Miami...". Which is to say, he soon realized that we are all living in a Fascist/Communist Police-State. He also realized that most "people" where ok with that, as long as they got their, beer, dope, football, and circus.

The true way to forgive Jim, would be to free the Slaves...but, then again, what can be done when most of the Slaves don't want to be Free?

Jim Morrison is also Alive and Well, like all true Shamans his words live on, and death as no realm in them. Also, like all great Shamans, he is destined to be ignored, and even scorned, by "most of the tribe"...but that's alright, the people he freed where the ones that deserved to be free.

"He who controls others may think he is powerful, but he who has Mastered Himself is truly Mighty"

They haven't got the power, or the consciousness, to pardon anybody, much less the Lizard King - such pardon would be unacceptable, and meaningless!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The Poet in Exile by Ray Manzarek

This came out in 2001 and I bought it immediately. A good read for those of us who believe in Jim.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It's nice to see that this is important still to so many members.

A life well spent is not forgotten.

Thanks to everyone who cares.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Jim Morrisons' response....
%$*($%#@++)*&$#

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I went to Paris to see Jim's grave back in 1991, Pere Lachaise cemetery is HUGE. We made the mistake of not buying a cemetery map from the gatekeeper, then took a wrong turn on the way to his grave. The funny thing is, no matter where you are in the cemetery, you will see graffiti saying "Jim: This Way" or "Follow me to the other side", thing like that. We followed the arrows, and the arrows directed us past every other famous person buried there - Honore de Balzac, Max Ernst, Édith Piaf, Oscar Wilde, and others.

It was kind of interesting to get to see the other famous people buried in the cemetery while looking for Jim. After an hour of looking around, we finally got to his grave - it was only 11am (the cemetery opened at 10, it was a Sunday), but there were already over 100 people crowded around his grave.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I am glad to see Florida's politicans have nothing more important to do! Pardoning a dead nudist is just what the people of Florida were wanting and needing from their elected non-representatives!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join