It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investment in developing countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Investment in developing countries

[url=http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-news/investment-in-developing-countries-to-rise-world-bank/story-e6frfkur-1225968736489]www.news.com.au[ /url]

FOREIGN direct investment to developing countries is expected to rise 17 per cent this year as they drive the global economic recovery, the World Bank said overnight.

"Investors are optimistic about prospects for a global economic recovery led by the developing world," the World Bank said in releasing an investment report.

Following a 40 per cent plunge in FDI in 2009 as the global economy struggled to emerge from financial crisis, the rebound in investment flows was being spurred by the fast-growing developing countries.

The World Investment and Political Risk report was based on a
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well the bankers and big business are at it again. Appears that thhis growth will come at a cost again, outsourcing of our industry and the end result being an increase in un employement for us while the so called growth and gains will directly go to who? Not us im sure.

I am personally sick of calling over seas call centres and dealing with a person who has no idea, who I cant understand and most the time takes two phone calls at least to get something resolved, I know this isnt about call centres per se but its the first thing that comes to mind as I have seen first hand jobs around me go over seas due to the GFC.

Ideas/Opinions?

[url=http://www.news.com.au/business/breaking-news/investment-in-developing-countries-to-rise-world-bank/story-e6frfkur-1225968736489]www.news.com.au[ /url]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I recently covered this in university.

Lenin called it the "labour autocracy of imperialism". Basically, capitalism evolves from merchantilism, into industrial production, and then into finance capital (which is the advanced capitalism, ala imperialism). Basically, empires invest in foreign, developing countries to exploit their workforces because it proves more profitable than what domestic markets can produce.

Lenin also theorizes that the third world, where the exploited workforce lays (the elite stay in the mother country), represents the "weakest link" of the capitalist systems and is where the revolution starts. When the "colonial workforce" successfully revolts, they command the mode of capitalist production. This means that the empire, who invested in peripheral foreign industry, no longer controls that industry. Then the revolution spreads into the the core of the empire itself as it suffers from its lost venues.

So do not be surprised if there will be massive revolts and imperial military incursions into these developing states. It's just classic revolution, baby!

new topics

join