It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Americans Say Fed Should Be Reined In or Abolished, Poll Shows

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Majority of Americans Say Fed Should Be Reined In or Abolished, Poll Shows

www.bloomberg.com

A majority of Americans are dissatisfied with the nation’s independent central bank, saying the U.S. Federal Reserve should either be brought under tighter political control or abolished outright, a poll shows.

The Bloomberg National Poll underlines the extent to which the central bank’s standing has suffered as it has come under fire in Congress, first from Democrats for regulatory lapses before the financial crisis and then from Republicans for failing to revive an economy in which the jobless rate hovers near 10 percent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Oh, I would say nearly ONE HUNDRED percent of the masses think this clandestine criminal enterprise should be reigned in, or completely taken down.

They are the largest counterfeit organization on the planet, and are largely responsible for the financial messes we see affecting not only the U.S., but much of the world at large.

The fed and central banking units in general should be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted for their criminalistic endeavors which have been taking place for decades on end.

Problem is, outside of lone wolf Ron Paul, who has the guts to undertake such an operation?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I am with you! I would love to see their books opened wide, including the names of the countries, religious groups and families that have been profiting from it all these years(as the share holders).

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
It's been suggested that it is the desire to forment distrust toward the Fed, and expose its corruption/uselessness. Once people revolt against it, it will be abolished or removed, and the IMF will come in.

Let's see what actually plays out.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
my guess is they will opt for tighter political control and probably another soon to be government agency

....probably call it operation Piggy Bank or something

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Great, but when have TPTB listened to the majority??
I could list hundreds of examples of what the majority wanted but were given the opposite..

You think you live in a democracy? Think again....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Count me in brother. Where the hell do i sign up?

MOTF!
edit on 9-12-2010 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The fed and central banking units in general should be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted for their criminalistic endeavors which have been taking place for decades on end.

Problem is, outside of lone wolf Ron Paul, who has the guts to undertake such an operation?

I would like the top officers Hung, drawn and quartered. I really do not think we will ever get anywhere trying to kill the Fed but I certainly keep hoping. Ron Paul had better be careful, just look what happen to Congressman McFadden!

On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON.

The petition for Articles of Impeachment was thereafter referred to the Judiciary Committee and has YET TO BE ACTED ON....
Commenting on Former Congressman Louis T. McFaddens's "heart-failure sudden-death" on Oct. 3, 1936, after a "dose" of "intestinal flu," "Pelley's Weekly" of Oct. 14 said:

Now that this sterling American patriot has made the Passing, it can be revealed that not long after his public utterance against the encroaching powers of Judah, it became known among his intimates that he had suffered two attacks against his life. The first attack came in the form of two revolver shots fired at him from ambush as he was alighting from a cab in front of one of the Capital hotels. Fortunately both shots missed him, the bullets burying themselves in the structure of the cab.

"He became violently ill after partaking of food at a political banquet at Washington. His life was only saved from what was subsequently announced as a poisoning by the presence of a physician friend at the banquet, who at once procured a stomach pump and subjected the Congressman to emergency treatment."
hiwaay.net...

For anyone who wants info on the Fed I have a reference thread HERE

(I am getting to lazy to keep reposting the info. despite its importance.)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"Majority of Americans Say Fed Should Be Reined In or Abolished, Poll Shows"

I'm one of them!

Let me guess -- the fed doesn't care what we think?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yep, them boys and girls have to go. I was thinking it would have been nice to get ahold of the Call Of Duty guys before they put the White House in the game and replaced it with a backdrop of the Fed Reserve instead, wonder what type of light that would have shed on the subject??

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
CLOSE THEM DOWN!!!!!! CLOSE THOSE BASTARDS DOWN.

That is all. I got excited.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Of course they should be abolished, as they serve no valid purpose to the public. They are essentially uneeded and in fact, burdening to the American people. A debt based currency is the biggest fraud enacted on the American people ever, as is evident by the inflation of our dollar over the last 100 years or so, which is around 2000%.

When one does a little research, one finds that the federal income tax was enacted at the same time (relatively speaking) as the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. Why is this you ask? Because our government needed a way to pay on the debt incrred by the issuence of our currency. This basically means that there is an unefficient process in our economy, where your labor or services is fattening someone else's pockets in a manner that does not benefit you one bit.

This has ultimately turned Americans into wage slaves (regardless of whether you own your own business or not). Many people falsely believe our problems to be with the fiat monetary system, but that is only an illusion. Instead, our problems stem from the debt based currency and the central banking system (FED RES) that has a stranglehold on our way of life and any progress that we could otherwise enjoy. The problem isn't with the fiat monetary system and in fact, a fiat system has actually saved us from a central banking system in the years past, thanks to the brilliance of "Honest Abe". There has also been other instances much faurther back in history, where fiat currency has actually saved people from oppressive tyrants.

Many people don't realize this, but almost since our founding, the London bankers have tried to gain control over us through our monetary system with a central bank. Our founding fathers strongly opposed such a bank and there was kind of a struggle for the first 100+ years of our existence. In that time, the bank was able to establish itself on numerous occasions, though it would almost always be forced out just as fast as it appeared. There is a reason why our founding fathers opposed such a bank. Anyway, in 1913 the bank finally succeeded and for good it appears.

Now, sadly in order for us to defeat the bank once more, things are going to have to get much worse before they can get better, as we have allowed this bank to wrap its tentacles around almost every apsect of influence in this country. The bank won't go quietly, however it is paramount that it goes, otherwise our future generation will remember us as the generation that failed. Generation fail.

--airspoon
edit on 9-12-2010 by airspoon because: changed inflation rate

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I'm down with that! S&F and hallelujah, do you think maybe they'll listen now? Oh probably not.

Too bad we need some real change everybody promises it but none of them ever deliver... Why is that?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

as is evident by the inflation of our dollar over the last 100 years or so, which is over 90%.

90% inflation in 100 years ? I wish......
more like 9000%

Not sure how you got that figure Airspoon but I know many prices in the last 30 years alone have gone up by 50 fold, that's a 5000% increase....

edit; heres some food for thought on inflation..

There was no minimum wage in 1913. The first minimum wage was not until 1938 and it was 25 cents an hour

wiki.answers.com...

So I think even your 2000% is very much on the low side..
Since it's inception the Fed has absolutely robbed us blind !!

edit on 9-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

My mistake, it's around 2000% inflation ($0.95 out of every dollar) since 1913, with an average annual rate of inflation at 3.42%. You have to remember that the price of goods is not entirely dependent on the value of the dollar. In otherwords, just because something goes up in price, doesn't mean that the value of the dollar has gone down. There are other variables involved, depending on the product or goods in quesiton.

--airspoon

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by backinblack

My mistake, it's around 2000% inflation ($0.95 out of every dollar) since 1913, with an average annual rate of inflation at 3.42%. You have to remember that the price of goods is not entirely dependent on the value of the dollar. In otherwords, just because something goes up in price, doesn't mean that the value of the dollar has gone down. There are other variables involved, depending on the product or goods in quesiton.

--airspoon

No probs..Boy what I wouldn't give to have it at 90%..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
So does anyone think we really wouldn't be able to work together as 50 independent states plus a lot of other friendly territories without a central power?

Because I think the whole reason the war between the states was fought was because of the fed. We got along fine under the Articles of Confederation, besides some squabbling over trade that was exaggerated to get the Constitution passed in the first place.

In today's day and age even European countries are getting along pretty amicably. European countries are about the same size as your typical states.

Come on, let's think of some good alternatives here!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would have to agree, that the need to abolish the Federal Reserve, ranks very high on the " to do list", considering it is nothing more than an extortion scheme.

Thomas Jefferson could see this coming even during his time stating, " "I place economy among the first and most important virtues, and public debt as the greatest of dangers. To preserve our independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt."

The idea of a central bank is to so enslave the people of the country to a debt money system that you continue to collect taxes continuously which just covers the interest. The duped people of the United States are paying about $400 billion dollars per year or more at this point, to the IRS which is the collection agency for the Federal Reserve. By the way, the Federal Reserve is a privately owned bank with 10 private members. The Chase Manhattan Bank is a member which is owned by the Rockefellers who are Rothschild Agents. The Federal Reserve was incorporated in 1914 and has been creating a completely unnecessary national debt ever since. In simple terms, the Fed creates money as debt. They create money out of thin air by nothing more than a book entry. Whenever the members of the Fed make any loans, that debt money is our money supply.

The American economy has been sucked dry by the Federal Reserve System. Americans think they own property but the truth is the entire United States has been mortgaged to the bankers.

God Bless America huh?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I'm down with that! S&F and hallelujah, do you think maybe they'll listen now? Oh probably not. Too bad we need some real change everybody promises it but none of them ever deliver... Why is that?

Because all our politicians (or most) are bought and paid for by the FED. Those not paid for are muzzled as Dr. Ron Paul has been, Threatened or killed.

The few who could understand the system will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favours, that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of the people mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantage that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint, and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests. - John Sherman

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Come on, let's think of some good alternatives here!

How about the 10th Amendment movement and getting rid of the @#$$%%# 1934 interpretation of the "Commercial Clause" that allows the federal government to regulate how you wipe a baby's behind!

How about making judges instruct jurors on what their actual rights are (they can nullify a law) (Fully informed Jury Assoc)

How about using STATE banks instead of the fed. At least then the money stays local.
CAMPAIGNING FOR STATE-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...
THE GROWING MOVEMENT FOR PUBLICLY-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join