It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Riot Footage in England

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TETRA.X
reply to post by mayabong

Wow! This is completely insane!!!! Brave people!!!! Good for them!
Now, would this ever happen here in the U.S.? Or are people scared of being taken to Camp FEMA?
S&F I have new-found energy and hope.

They just have to push our buttons and we will do the same.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm proud of these students!

Not because they are anarchists but because they seen something they want and they fight for it. If we learned to roll over at the whip of politicians they will learn to whip harder. I can't say the same about many other nations who are too afraid to fight against the tyranny that holds their nations back.

I honestly don't know how they feel because my tuition costs a mere $3,000 with books and everything. I would be angry if my tuition was raised by 300% as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Politicians and CEO's take warning. Govern to the advantage of the public or you may be on the recieving end of this type of aggression

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I can't describe how good it makes me feel seeing the yellow jackets run and get tromped by their own horses.

Wake up America, we can do it better than the Brits

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
sorry but I do not agree to most posts about the students being brave etc, i think this is outrageous behavior and they should be locked up. They are supposed to be intelligent, i would ask that they behave as such. Simply put this is a moronic action.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The world is becoming more hostile and the only way to fight back is through rioting. It's a shame that it has come to this but its all we have. If the only weapon you have is a stone, you throw stones.
edit on 10-12-2010 by 2 Gun Slinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
Let's not forget :
a) You have a chance of education (unlike many poorer continents)

As should everyone... Just cause they do not (which I would argue they do, because America lets them come here and attend on OUR DIME no less, however while we're paying for them we gotta pay for OURSELVES TOO, is that fair? OK I know your brain can't process this so I will tell you flatout...NO IT IS NOT DAMN FAIR!)
But just because they're tyrannical governments don't give it to them, what's that got to do with the price of Tea in China...Can't compare them to the UK AND US, it's like apples and oranges...so You want us to be a third world country? Why don't you just move to one where you will be rich and living off the backs of the poor peasants since you seem to advocate this behavior.

b) A degree has become 'the norm' - therein lies the problem - hardly recognised now unless it's a first.

I highly doubt that because not everyone has the intelligence to even get a degree, they may go for one, doesn't mean they'll actually Aquire one.

c) America has been charging for education for years - much more than us

Yea and our education has become lousy, costs more but the quality has dramatically taken a nosedive...our educational system is S***! Not worth the money one shells into it, in fact not worth 1/8th of the cash they ask one to pay.

I have no doubt that Purple dog and sliding door = the same person, probably another one of their accounts. No two people write exactly the same, and you both write exactly the same. So they posted the first post under purplledog and teh next under slidingdoor account. Clever-NOT!
edit on 10-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: clarification

edit on 10-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: clarification

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Most folks are blaming Nick Clegg for backing down on this, they're not blaming David Cameron, even though it was the Conservatives who proposed this.

As far as riot footage, this was covered pretty well by BBC World Service yesterday and today.

Unfortunately, it looks as though even the bbc (for the most part) have completely focused on Charlie and Camilla and ignored the fact that a protestor was beaten to death by the police.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Unfortunately, it looks as though even the bbc (for the most part) have completely focused on Charlie and Camilla and ignored the fact that a protestor was beaten to death by the police.

What? I've not heard this?

Who died?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I'm proud of these students!

Not because they are anarchists but because they seen something they want and they fight for it. If we learned to roll over at the whip of politicians they will learn to whip harder. I can't say the same about many other nations who are too afraid to fight against the tyranny that holds their nations back.

I honestly don't know how they feel because my tuition costs a mere $3,000 with books and everything. I would be angry if my tuition was raised by 300% as well.

They are NOT anarchists. Anarchists want NO government control over their lives. These students are calling themselves Anarchists, then are demanding that the Government continue their support for their lower student fees, which are low because they are government subsidized.

If they REALLY wanted Anarchy, universities would be able to charge what they want.

While I appreciate the position of these students, they are FAR from being anarchists. They need to learn how to look up definitions.

"Absence of government; a state of lawlessness due to the absence or inefficiency of the supreme power; political disorder"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
2011 When we all lose our jobs to bankers and kate middleton, I could see this type of behaviour catching on.

vIVA LA REVolUTION! It's been a long time coming..

edit on 10-12-2010 by strangleholder1 because: Assange is innocent

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It still didn't change the outcome. The 1% still control the 99%, and will do until the 99% take more extreme measures.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Whether rich or poor, it truely pays to live a Simple Life. Less 'stress' and less 'entropy' by Design, an intelligent One. . GOOSbumps.

MTV music awards 2000; wonder if she remembers the gAte. Was only a few seats away.....though way to go Gavin.
Sharp couple no?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

May one's Castle not become a prison.
They know what I mean.
They can 'feel' it.

The least powers that be could do is to admit they were fed false intelligence, a repentence of sort, the kind that brings rEdemption and increased understanding so that love may prevail.....after the judgement. The people hold the power. It appears they forgot their role or were so inclined to assume they 'had' none. Death? Imprisonment? Banishment? May the subjects, errrrOr, 'people' choose wisely.

I'm a believer that if One knew better, they would truly Do better.
Those that need to harness 'power' and assumed 'authority' over their brethren are doomed to become estranged from the "Brotherhood" of it all. The Code of the Assassin is 'Brotherhood'.....though.....the/A Creator makes no distinctions. This makes sense because it Is and rings as loud as a Bell of Ba'al. May it's 'tune' ring in harmony with the Souls of terra and may the cries of freedom (((((RingRingRing)))))

No TM is necessary as one cannot trademark the very laws of Nature; and the Universe knows No bounds.
One often 'pays' for the misdeeds unto their neighbors in 'Real' time, do they not? The 'information space'.....Above.....is for All to seA. Looking Up? I Am. Very warm, very 'healing' and comforting presence it IS!

If you're glOwing you're in the Right; if not, your wrong.
ThAt is the confirmation that counts.
'Words can only 'attempt' to confine Reality.....as it Is.
May the Ring of humanity complete itself in full circle.....As Above, So Below may apply with collective Will.

An 'International Bill of Rights' needs to be acknowledged as Truth before it may be Understood for what Is. It need not be written, but rather, Understood for what it Was. Freedom is a 'natural' trait, hence all the 'chaos'. Freedom is not negotiable, it Is for the seAing and Beeing. Be as the Bee unto yourself as unto your neighbor and you may once again leave your Doors unLocked. One must unlock "The Doors" unto another before they can cross the River of Life to a new Creation, a new reality for All to Rejoice the 'potential' Creativity of ~U~ All.

edit on 49pm46085012831201012 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
cant really describe how proud i am of these people , i can safely say i hate this country , im not going to uni but id be honoured too fight for this anyone know how i can find out when the next demo is

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
power to these people!! theyre kicking the riot police's ass!!!

i have hope in america, i just witnessed thousands of giants fans send the riot police home in san francisco. so generally, its not impossible to do guys. we just need to be strong together!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Just wanted to point out, how the state of affairs is very reminiscent of a time not too long ago.

Riots, bad economy, lack of satisfaction with elected officials, this was all happening in the 70's, and we got great social statements out of it.

The sex pistols lyrics were heartfelt poignant. Not like the BS nonsense we hear today in pop culture.

Anarchy In The Uk is as much of a rallying cry today as it ever was 30 years ago.

edit on 10-12-2010 by WhiteDevil013 because: (no reason given)

Finally, some Anarchy in the U.K!

You made me happy by posting this video!

Yep! they still rock!

edit on 10-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobra.EXE

+1. We will always out number the police and military put together, strength in numbers will always prevail.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

What if they starve us all to death ,what then,numbers mean nothing

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by thecinic

Shock.
Someone dares 'tell' Americans something.
Guess what, the world doesn't turn on what the USA says or does, your nothing special at all.

I'll say what I want, because that my 'friend' is my right and no jumped up septic is ever going to make me do anything, some have tried and they were promptly put in their place.

Like far too many Americans you seem intent on putting your nose in everyone elses business but hate anyone commenting on anything 'Amercan'.
Hypocrisy and pathetic.

Your arrogance and conceit is a disgrace to all those American's who know what dignity and respect are really about, concepts obviously alien to you.

The easiest way to get 'Americans' rioting?
Shut all the burger bars, the US's one offering to world culture!

Wow thanks for all of the grand generalizations you just made right there. I am an American and I in no way act/do any of the above things/acts you mention. In fact I seem to remember sending a U2U message to a British fella on here that posted a thread in reference to how angry he was that Muslims chose to demonstrate in London on your "Armistice Day" (or if I correctly recall it is in many ways similar to our Veterans Day here in the U.S.) and publicly burned a large poppy prop that...and I did not know this until that day when I read his post, but was an ultimate form of disrespect to your nations fallen heroes (of which I served and fought side by side with in both Iraq and Afghanistan)...

SKIP THE BELOW 2 PARAGRAPHS IF INTERESTED IN THE MAIN TOPIC OF MY REPLY ONLY

In fact I have a crazy ass story that involved a British C-130 pilot/plane and my unit as we were trying to reposition for RECON of a certain Middle Eastern country that the U.S. did NOT have diplomatic flight clearances with (an agreement for permission to fly in said country's airspace) so in order to be inserted in theater we needed some crazy enough, and willing lol from a country that DID have diplomatic flight clearance that could take us in, drop us off for 72 hours, and actually come back and get us...now I would like to mention that where we needed to go (were only 5 of us as my entire team consisted of only 13) there WAS NO RUNWAY to land on lol....it was pretty much pick a spot in the desert that looked flat enough with as little foreign debris as possible, and that became the LZ lol

So ANYWAYS (this post already became twice the size in length then I originally had planned as my response lol), but anyways...WHO stepped up without hesitation and said "Hell I'll bloody do it! When are we leaving?" but some British C-130 pilot that...and I am dead serious here...that looked as if he came straight out of an Indiana Jones movie with the khaki shorts, socks up to his knees, short sleeved khaki shirt with huge sweat stain under arms and middle of his back, pilots hat cocked off to one side, shirt unbuttoned with hairy beer belly protruding, and a half smoked huge cigar in his mouth lol. My team mates and I knew that we had our man right then and there!! Anyways I could go on and on as to how crazy this trip ended up being but that wasn't my main point so I will get back on topic here lol sorry...I will just leave you with in addition to what I have already described, imagine also that this guy truly thought of himself not as a C-130 pilot lol but a F-15 jet jockey! OMG that was ONE HAIRY ass ride lol

NOW BACK ON TOPIC

I became so angered at what I had learned by his post, I chose to send him a U2U message offering my sympathy in addition to offering to pick up arms and fight this ENEMY (because THOSE people that chose to come out that day in protest in such a way that clearly showed where their true intentions were identified themselves to the "free world" that THEY ARE THE ENEMY) by his side if ever given the opportunity.

So...well I guess that it is unfortunate that you chose to see "us Americans" as something different. Hopefully in time your mind will change. Until then I would say that WE ALL are in a world of hurt until we can come up with something to turn the tide on TPTB and their nefarious agendas :-/

NT

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Usual activity for the unemployed in urban UK these days isn't it?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join