It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After budget cuts, Indiana baby denied life-saving treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

After budget cuts, Indiana baby denied life-saving treatment

www.huffingtonpost.com

An Indiana baby needs life-saving surgery, but the state health care agency -- whose budget was slashed this year -- won't pay for it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.co m

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
First Arizona now Indiana. So is this what it has come to? They honestly couldn't find anything else to cut instead? Record corporate profits, bailed out banks and tax cuts for all but heaven forbid your child need life saving medical care. Whats worse is the bit about families with special needs children being told to drop them off at homeless shelters (that actually isn't breaking news but is mentioned in the article).

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-12-2010 by dbledged because: grammer

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Unfortunately, it is a $500,000 experimental surgery with only 60 cases so far. BUT it appears to have decent results so far with 58 of 60 children surviving surgery. The doctor that pioneered the surgery was quoted as saying most states medicaid initially denied the treatment, then allowed it on review. So I'm hoping that in review, Indiana changes their mind.

Most children with this birth defect do not live past 2 years old. When I read that one of the doctor's patients was now 17 and in high school, I made a donation to Seth's fund. The link to the donation page is in the Huffington article.

join